Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• inderrsinderrs Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hey Car_man,
    can you let me know if this a good deal? 2011 AWD CTS Coupe MSRP $46,325. 24 month lease, with 12k miles/yr for $359/month plus $2995 due at signing. Also I would qualify for GMs loyalty program for an additional $1000 off AND possibly up to another $3000 for GM card, but it may only be $2000 for for the CTS. So thats a total of possibly $3000 off. I read your previous post about allys lease incentive for $1550, how would i qualify for this additional saving? Would i be able to combine all of these offers to receive a possible $4550 off my total lease? If the above is unclear i will leave a link for the advertisement.
    THANK YOU in advance

http://www.thomsonmacconnell.com/Weekly_Ad
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey mf_horn. General Motors actually increased its cash incentive on leases of the '11 Cadillac CTS Coupe through Ally to $1,900. This cash is compatible with the $1,000 loyalty offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi inderrs. I'm surprised that the ad doesn't contain this car's capitalized cost. I find that the easiest way to evaluate leases is to look at the selling price that was used to calculate their monthly payments.

On a CTS Coupe, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $1,900 cash incentive that GM is providing on leases of it through Ally and the $1,000 loyalty cash. These cash incentives would be compatible with any GM Card points that you are allowed to use.

Car_man
    Host
  • mf_hornmf_horn Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I was able to get a total rebate of $3000 by combining the $1900 with $1000 loyalty and $100 for being a repeat customer. The lease rate was 1.59%. Had supplier pricing too, so the negotiation was pretty easy. Made the plunge on a Crystal Red AWD Performance Coupe.
  • lee616lee616 Member Posts: 3
    Can I ask how you can qualify for a "Supplier"? Is there a way around it? Other question: Did you purchase or lease? I am interested in leasing. May I ask what terms you got?

CarMan, you helped me with my last vehicle. I am also considering a one time pay up front for a lease as credit has been compromised the past few years. Any thoughts? Your thoughts on where I should be attempting to come in at with a 39 month, 10k miles a year with a CTS luxury package?

Lease is coming up in next couple of weeks and need to get settled.

Thanks!
  • mf_hornmf_horn Member Posts: 3
    My employer is a supplier to GM, and GM tends to extend this pricing to supplier employees. It usually turns out to be a few hundred over invoice, which can be good on a high demand car. Not sure if it was great on the CTS Coupe, but it was really hassle free. That said, another dealer in our area was offering about the same as their Internet price, so it seems pretty easy to get to a price in the ballpark of invoice price + $400 if you haggle. I just don't have the patience. We ended up with a 36 month lease, 10k miles per year, first payment and $625 deposit at signing, $616 per month, for a Crystal Red CTS Coupe Performance with the Luxury Performance package (basically everything except Nav and Sunroof). Lease rate was 1.59%, residual was 56%, purchase option at end is a little above the residual (not planning to buy anyway). Rate was same for 12k miles but with 54% residual, which worked out to $642 per month. This is an Illinois lease, so there is 6.25% tax upfront on the financed amount and 6.25% on each monthly payment (included in the figures above), so maybe you won't suffer the double tax we pay in Illinois. This is for my wife, who only does about 4K miles per year, but I'll be taking the car more now. I concluded that it worked out the same or a little better than a purchase, and Ally takes the risk that the Coupe design will lose it's attractiveness and used values won't stand up. Good luck.
  • lee616lee616 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the information. I was told today that Cadillac is trying to shift their business away from Ally to GM Financial? Are you aware of that? If so, any opinions? They said that GM Financial would be more competitive then Ally. They are obviously trying to sever their association I guess.

At any rate, I was told that there was no $1900 only $1500 but that I shouldn't really be concerned about that because it was only about the payment.... I hate going through this every 3 years. I appreciate your providing me with your information. I am in NJ, and we do not have the double taxation (I don't think). Most importantly, do you like the coup? I have been vacillating between the sedan (this would be my third) and the coup for a change. Do you have anything that you do not like?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Ally is GM Financial..

The other bank that GM has been using is US Bank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• james204james204 Member Posts: 4
    Ally is the old GMAC
    GM Financial is the old Americredit
    They are not the same, and US Bank is US Bank, watch the Fees on this one 395 to turn in a leased car is about 11 dollars a month on a 36 month lease.
    You're absolutely correct, james204. As hard as it is to believe, General Motors is actually running three special lease programs right now, one through Ally (aka GMAC), one through US Bank, and a new one through GM Financial (aka Americredit).

The GM Financial program was test marketed I believe in Ohio last month and expanded to a number of other states (around 10 I believe) in January.

Car_man
    Host
  • delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Are there any early out or "Pull Forward" lease programs ongoing at GMAC/Ally?

Need to exit a lease in April on an Envoy Denali to take delivery of a CTS Sport Wagon.

The Denali lease is up in October.
    Hello delrick. If GM is running an early lease termination program right now, I am not aware of it. It doesn't hurt to ask your dealer if one is going on...just make sure that its a GM-sponsored program and that they don't just say "Sure we can get you out of your lease early" and then bury the cost of doing so in your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • magiccityboundmagiccitybound Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man

Here is the offer. Factory order

CTS coupe black on black
    Performance model w/ summer tire
    6-speed manual
    Luxury level 1
    sunroof.

Payments will depend when vin is assigned to account for incentives.

Will all incentives disappear?

MSRP price is $45,670
    Negotiated sale price $43,985.

I figure my payments may come in at $523, no tax.

Yes, no, walk, sign

Thanks for the insight.
    Hi magiccitybound. Is the selling price that you were quoted before or after the deduction of any available cash incentives? If the dealer is willing to subtract any available cash from that this is an excellent deal. If they are already taking the cash incentives into account, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • magiccityboundmagiccitybound Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for getting back with me.

No incentives are included.

We talked about the incentives and the incentives will be subtracted depending upon when the car is delivered. He has confirmed his in emails.

The dealer states that he doesn't know what the incentives will be in March when he is likely to get the car.

Again, thanks,

I am calling back now and offering $43,564 to close the deal tonight.
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Carman-

Do you know what lease incentives are in place for February on a CTS AWD and what MF/residual would be for 36 month/15k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • bern37bern37 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,

It is really a great thing you do here for everyone. Magic of the internet that it helps people help each other for everyone's benefit. But ahh, not all of us human's are so nice to each other.

I was looking for a 24 month lease on a new CTS-V Wagon. I am a commercial real estate broker and was working with a Nissan dealer who said he would hook me up with his former partners at Potamkin Cadillac in Manhattan. They said wow so nice to meet you a friend of his is like family.....they would order me the car and I would pay invoice or essentially their cost. So they asked for a deposit which I gave them on my Amex but they refused to give me any pricing until the car came in which it finally did last week but of course they told me I'd have nothing to worry about. I showed he salesman Edmund's invoice price and he said yea, that should be it but we would find out at delivery time. Too good to be true it was. They try getting me for some $2500 on top of invoice for advertising fees etc. and even say another $200 as they need to make something. They came down a bit off of that but are still about 2k over invoice and try to turn it around to a negotiation as to my monthly payment and not even the price of the car.

I did not know better then that I needed to or could negotiate the invoice price. But even so, it seems that invoice is what it should be going for anyhow. Edmunds states the 2011 ctsv wagon should be selling for a few hundred under invoice so should i just wait to find a dealer to get it to me at invoice?

Another dealer is offering me the car at $800 over invoice which according to Edmunds, priced with my options is $61324 but I am still going to have to order a new one, wait for it to come in and I cannot lock in any lease terms. Could be 4-6 weeks i guess. They say it should be the same if not better incentives at that time but I am not in a trusting mood any longer. Another dealer offered me today invoice plus $1554 over invoice in "advertising/adjustment fees" if I order it with them now. Seems crazy since if I order they are guaranteed the sale.

I am all for everyone making a living but does New York have to be so tough? Not like there is a lot of demand for these.

I dont think I will have a problem getting my deposit back as it was put on AMEX. Is there any ideas, way or pull I have with the dealer who has my car ordered on the lot?

I do not think a car with the options I want is anywhere in my area.

options I want: Thunder gray with gray interior, ultraview sunroof and automatic.

I am not too interested in the recarro seats and suede steering wheel which are the only other options but could be convinced to take em. Color wise it seems everyone's inventory black with mix of manual and automatics and I am stuck wanting just the Thunder gray and an automatic tranny

I understand that Ally is offering 24 month with a 61% residual and just about no interest or .0001. plus a $1500 incentive. I am told about $70 per month better than GMAC Financing right now.

Any comments on my negotiating position and the future or current financing available would be helpful. Thanks again for all you guys do!!

Bernard
  • srxguy_phoenixsrxguy_phoenix Member Posts: 3
    Just got my Ally certificate forgiving up to 4 payments so i guess it's time to part with my 07 SRX and pick up either a performance or premium coupe. I am rather confused about all the different offers and I haven't seen any residuals or money factors posted this month. Looks like Ally is offering 1.9%, Is this certificate in lieu of the $1900 dealer cash or in addition to?

I believe GMF is offering 1.59% but i have no idea what else.

I guest what I'm looking for are the residual & money factors for 12k & 15k and the available incentives. I only have 1 more payment (March) so the pull ahead isn't a big deal....maybe I should wait for the March incentives?
    You're very welcome, magiccitybound. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go amcdad.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $4,100 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Bernard. Have you tried shopping with any dealers outside of NYC, say in Northern New Jersey. You may find that hey are easier to deal with. If I was in the market for a CTS Wagon right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $3,400 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of this vehicle through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi srxguy_phoenix. General Motors is running an early lease termination program right now that lets current Cadillac lessees out of their vehicle up to four months early of they get a new one. This program should not have any impact upon the incentives that you are eligible for.

GM's lease program for the Cadillac CTS varies by trim level. I would be happy to try to give you an idea of what this car's current program is like if you describe the one that you want to us.

Car_man
    Host
  • ekl18ekl18 Member Posts: 4
    Hello to all:

I am currently negotiating a lease on a CTS coupe and would appreciate a breakdown of the aforementioned $4100 or $3400 in lease incentives. Are they applicable to all CTS models, or just the sedan? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Where can I find this information?

Thank You
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    CarMan- Thank you VERY much.
  • dapopa9dapopa9 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have the CTS-V MF and Residuals for Feb that they can post? Looking for Sedan and Wagon and also rates for 10K, 12K, and 15K mileage allowance.

Thanks!
  • bern37bern37 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I spoke with a few other dealers and they are all telling me that there are these advertising fees they are charged by cadillac on top of the edmunds invoice price on any the new CTS-V Wagons. About $1400 in advertising in NY and a bit less in Philadelphia area.

Another dealer in LI said he would do the order for $800 over invoice, he said there were not these fees but I may have led him on to say that and he has not been too responsive.

What is the real deal?

And can i still even put an order in for a new one or has the production ended? Then I may be stuck going back to my first dealer but at least he has the car.

Thanks,
    Bernard
  • topcat58topcat58 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Put a deposit on a 39 month/12K lease for a 2011 AWD Premium Collection CTS sport sedan with a MSRP of $50,525.00. Everthing rolled up into the monthly payment of $614.00. Buyout of Approx $28,000.00.

How would you rate this deal?

Thanks for your help1

Topcat58
  • mpageosumpageosu Member Posts: 1
    This is a great forum, just found it today. Thanks to everyone there is some great information. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Leasing a 2011 CTS-V. Sticker 71,000. 3 year lease. $1000 loyalty and GM supplier discount. For 15,000 miles a year. The dealer is saying 3200 down for tax etc.. and $880/month. With all you guys know, good deal, bad deal. What should I go back with?

thanks again

mpageosu
  • dapopa9dapopa9 Member Posts: 2
    The $3,200 down seems a little much. What are they saying is included there?
  • socalcaddysocalcaddy Member Posts: 1
    Here's the facts:

2011 CTS Coupe
    Loaded
    In California
    MSRP of $49,940

With my GM Family discount GMS (Family First) the total cost is $45,794. The interest rate they are using is 1.75%. The term is for 39 months.

They gave me a monthly payment of $690 with $1614 (First month, registration, etc.) out of pocket. When I use the Edmond's Lease Calculator it comes out to ~$620 with all the same info. Now I know they always say they are controlled by GM and are required to follow certain rules when working the GM Discount leases, etc., and they say the various calculators don't include everything, but from what I'm seeing on this forum, this monthly payment seems high. Advice?
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    edited February 2011
    Another dealer in LI said he would do the order for $800 over invoice, he said there were not these fees but I may have led him on to say that and he has not been too responsive.

Try this forum to see if you can get any help from the forum sponsor? I think a lot of them are in the NE and most claim to sell at invoice and folks seems to be happy with the sales price. GM dealer do curtesy delivery (i.e. you order the car in one dealer and arrange to have the car to deliver to your local dealer. You have to pay the local dealer a couple hundred or so for the delivery but if you get a good price, it may be worth it..) Good luck.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/
  • chris_nycchris_nyc Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping out two different Cadillac's and would like to know the current lease rates and cash incentives offered by GM. Both would be 39 month lease, 10K miles. Just got the $1000 loyalty and buyback in mail today and looking to capitalize.

2011 CTS Coupe Premium AWD

2011 CTS Sedan Premium AWD

THanks in advance! Chris.
  • cordreyrichardcordreyrichard Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I are pondering pulling the trigger on a new CTS-V, but we want to make sure we know about all of the current lease incentives available. We'd prefer the coupe, but the sedan has $2000 dealer cash right now, which coupled with our supplier discount isn't bad, but we'd like to see more off if we can....

Car_man, any news on what's currently available for the V series?
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    CarMan, Your input on the "advertising fees" that Bern mentions would be appreciated. I have bought Cadillacs at around Invoice, plus the advertising fee of 4%. I was shown the invoice and the Ad Fee is on there with the Dealer Cost. That made it look clear that the deaker is billed the Ad Fee. My concern and others, is that the Ad Fee is treated like the Holdback and the dealer might get the Ad Fee back, like they do the Holdback. Please explain!

I know dealers and GM want to sell the cars on the lot, but it would be a great service to those who prefer custom orders if GM/Ally would lock in the current promotions for a "custom order" car.
  • srxguy_phoenixsrxguy_phoenix Member Posts: 3
    There are not many sport wagons in AZ. Seems like I can only find 1 that is not a base models. Could I get the factors and dealer cash amount for a CTS premium RWD Wagon and a AWD base. 12 and 15k 36 mo

thanks
  • delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Know what you mean. Can't even see one at the dealers in Tucson. But they have a stack of SRX's...that they will have for a long time probably.
    Hello ekl18. The cash incentives that are available on the CTS vary depending upon which bank you lease through and which trim level you go with. On leases of a 2011 CTS Coupe through Ally there is a $2,000 cash incentive right now.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome amcdad.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dapopa9. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 CTS-V Wagon are interestingly exactly the same.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher. The 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $3,400 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of these vehicles through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bernard. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was indeed charged for advertising by General Motors. Having said that, it doesn't really matter what the dealer's expenses are if you shop around and get the lowest possible deal that's available in your area. If I was in the market for a CTS right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives. Either the dealers in your area can do this, or they can't. If you can't get one to bite on this price you might have to raise your offer some.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Topcat58. Do you know what this car's selling price is? This is a very important number to know when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you were given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome mpageosu. If you are getting this car through GM's Supplier Purchase Program then you are getting a pretty good deal. I doubt that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's a ton lower than he supplier price. Still, to me $880 per month just seems like a lot of money for a CTS...even a "V" model.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Chris. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a CTS Sedan Premium AWD are 1.45% and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $4,100 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the Sedan and $1,900 on the Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cordreyrichard. I don't believe that the dealer cash that you mentioned is compatible with this car's special lease program. However, General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the CTS-V Coupe and $3,400 on leases of the CTS-V Sedan through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi artmbgolf. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was indeed charged for advertising by General Motors. Having said that, it doesn't really matter what the dealer's expenses are if you shop around and get the lowest possible deal that's available in your area. If I was in the market for a CTS right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives. Either the dealers in your area can do this, or they can't. If you can't get one to bite on this price you might have to raise your offer some.

Most dealers do get some sort of money above and beyond holdback back from manufacturers on a quarterly or an annual basis, be it for facilities, CSI, etc... It would be very difficult for any consumers to know exactly what a dealer's cost is on any particular vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go srxguy_phoenix. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CTS Wagon Premium RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 46%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 CTS Wagon Base AWD are 1.45% and 48%, respectively.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $3,400 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    What is the current 39 month Ally lease rate and residual for a 2011 CTS-V Coupe? Are there any rebates besides the 1000.00 loyalty rebate? Is US Bank a better deal. the longer the lease, the better for me, up to 48 months.
    What is the $3,400 cash incentive? Does it apply to V Coupes?
  • adnutsadnuts Member Posts: 1
    it is normal for the dealerships numbers to not add up with those on lease calculators online? i was told my monthly payment would be $459 with taxes. i did the math on the lease calculator here and on leaseguide.com and i'm getting the numbers at least $39 lower. i plugged everything. The MF, residual, rebates, and sale price. i emailed the salesman, he said i did something wrong. i've tripled checked everything. any thoughts?

thanks
    Does that include the V Coupe?
This discussion has been closed.