Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    "However, General Motors is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the CTS-V Coupe and $3,400 on leases of the CTS-V Sedan through Ally." Is that incentive to the dealer or the customer?
  • mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    How does one prove these incentives to the dealer? Does this apply to the V Coupe?
  • hdiaz10hdiaz10 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

Thanks for providing great insight\information in this forum. Do you have any idea what kind of incentives Cadillac or Ally will have in March for the CTS coupe?
  • delrickdelrick Member Posts: 105
    Hi Car Man

Any idea when the cutoff is for factory orders for a 2011 CTS Wagon?
  • gene66gene66 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2011
    Ask the salesman to send you a copy of his worksheet. Make sure your numbers match. MSRP, MF, Residual (number of miles/year) , rebates, sale price, number of months, amount due at signing (if any), tax, aquisition fees, other fees, etc.
    If things are still fishy, don't waste your time. Just find another dealer that's willing to be upfront.

Maybe one of you made a mistake. But more often than not I had to deal with salesmen that stick to their bogus numbers even after I clearly show them the obvious math. It's frustrating and insulting and I usually write them off immediatley.

Good Luck!
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited March 2011
    adnuts,

Online lease calculators are extraordinarily simplistic and don't capture complex lease calculations in which the first payment and/or sales tax is capitalized in the lease. They're certainly not going to calculate lease payments correctly for those leases that originate in NY, Ohio, or NJ in which sales tax is capped. Also, Ally Bank Smartlease calculations differ from the norm because

(a) Ally uses an interest rate and
    (b) Ally discounts the residual value one month nearer to the present

Leasse calculations can be quite complex depending upon how they're structured. The best way to examine the dealer's calculations is to ask them for a copy of their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you want to know and then some.

Hope this helps.

John
    The Autoleasegeek
  • 007bond007bond Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man...I just joined so thank you for this forum!

I ordered a CTS Coupe AWD Premium today from my dealer and he agreed to a sale price of $500 over invoice less any rebates...

And I think that I may have missed some great offers last month with the $1,900 Ally lease cash and $1,000 GM loyalty...Taking the MSRP from $49,785 down to a selling price of $44,695. Do you know if incentives are better or worse this month? The dealer also said that GM Financial is coming in just under Ally on lease payments...are their incentives better?

Thank you,

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello mrl859. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 47%, respectively.

I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $2,350 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mrl859. The cash incentives on the CTS vary by trim level. Cadillac is currently providing a $2,350 cash incentive on leases of the CTS Coupe through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    I think that this is technically a customer incentive, but you need to make sure that the dealer takes it into account when negotiating your deal...don't just assume that they will.

Car_man
    Host
    Mrl859 dealers are well aware of what incentives are available so you don't have to prove anything to them. If you're working with a dealer that isn't being honest with you about what incentives are available you may want to consider taking your business to a dealer that will be more straightforward with you.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome hdiaz10. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,350 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome 007bond. I'm glad that you like it here.

$500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives is a good price for this car.

The owner loyalty cash is no longer available this month, but GM's cash incentive on 36 month leases of the 2011 CTS Coupe through Ally is $2,350.

GM Financial's lease rate for this car is 2.45% and its cash incentive is $2,400.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Looking for 39m residual and money factor for 3.0 rwd perf sedan. Also looking for lease cash or rebates for northeast region. thanks
    Hi cnote2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 Performance Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 44$, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $4,075 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kafzalkafzal Member Posts: 1
    I am getting zero down no fees tax tag or title 990 a month for 36 months and 15K miles a year
    Black on black MSRP 71K
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    Looking to see what residuals will be on CTS coupes this month, rebates, lease money factors, etc. since the other incentives expired yesterday.
    Here's the information that you're looking for mil6753.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of CTS Coupes through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • otis15otis15 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

I was wondering what the lease rate and residual would be for a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon, 3.0 luxury on a 36 & 39 month lease with 12,000 miles.

Thanks!
    Here you go otis15.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon 3.0 Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.5% and 43%.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the massive $5,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • rvaldes79rvaldes79 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you confirm what the lease rates are for a 2011 CTS Coupe (Performance) for a 36 month lease with 12k miles.

Also, I've been hearing from dealers that both Ally and US Bank are offering cash incentives this month in the $3,000 range... is this true?
  • rallye350rallye350 Member Posts: 13
    I am looking at a 2011 courtesy car with 3000 miles. Sticker is $44,700 and sales price (with GM incentives deducted) is $38,600. I also have GM earnings of $1500 that I think I can use to lower cap cost and also additional GM Bonus Card incentive of $1500. I am looking at 36 month lease with 18,000 miles per year. What should my lease payment be with these numbers (800+ credit and sales tax rate is 6.5%) assuming no money down outside of GM Card?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    rallye350,

I would recommend speaking with the finance department at your local dealership for specific leasing information.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    I'd be happy to rvaldes79. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance with 12,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 49%, respectively.

General Motors' current cash incentive on a 36 month lease of this car through Ally is indeed $3,000. The allowance is slightly higher, $3,150, for deals through US Bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rallye350. I can work up a sample payment on this car using Ally's lease program for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury AWD that has an MSRP of $44,700 and a selling price of $38,600 through Ally right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $549.

If you need to lease with 18,000 miles per year you probably will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Caron. Consumers often visit the forums here at Edmunds.com to get an idea of approximately how much they will have to spend prior to visiting any dealers. It doesn't hurt to have a feeling for how much one will have to spend before shopping to make sure that you don't get taken advantage of.

Car_man
    Host
  • vetteman13vetteman13 Member Posts: 12
    I have a deal for 880 month 39 month 12k miles CTS-V COUPE Black Diamond 6 speed (rare car) due at signing tax and first payment and dmv. Using my Gm points there is an additional 1,500 incentive. What are thoughts??
  • doctorwilldoctorwill Member Posts: 2
    Question: What are the typical monthly payments people are getting for a 2011 CTS V coupe w 15k miles/year for 36 month? Selling price (off Msrp?), Lease rate etc...Any input appreciated...FYI: Live in MD

Thanks
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    Are these numbers (.59% and 49%) valid for the premium coupe as well? And still current?
    Mil6753, the lease rates and lease cash are the same foe the Premium Coupe, but its residual values are 2% lower than the residuals for the Performance Coupe.

Car_man
    Host
  • vetteman13vetteman13 Member Posts: 12
    If anyone is considering a CTS -V coupe - GET IT! I have driven corvettes for over 15 years and the CTS -V blows them all away!
  • corbetcorbet Member Posts: 1
    lots of great info in here very educated people, enjoyed reading up especially when it comes to $$$. anyways i am looking to do a ctsv wagon or sedan still havent decided on which body style but i am trying to figure ballpark on what i could expect to be paying.. i know it'll be a pretty penny but im young i have no kids no expenses and a great paying job so i can still pack away for savings.

anways i see some lingo in here im not familiar with like "ally" what exactly is that??

i see incentives changing drastically i work for Jaguar and previously bmw so i know a thing or two when buying cars its just cash back and incentives is new to me (mazda doesnt really do that lol) anyways i also would get a family and friends discount not sure if this applies to leases and or ctsv's....

hopefully this aint too much. thanks guys!
    Welcome corbet. Ally is a bank that was formerly known as GMAC. General Motors runs much of its lease business through it.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • frank_duxfrank_dux Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I received a quote for the lease below through US Bank. What do you think, any way to lower the payments?

2011 CTS coupe
    Performance package
    Luxury level 1 package
    White diamond

Selling price: $44,742
    Options: $1,450.55
    Fees: $268.74
    Sales tax: 100.93
    Net sales price: $46,562.22

39 month lease
    12k mi./yr.
    $2,650 rebate

Monthly payment: $596.45
  • khan95osukhan95osu Member Posts: 26
    what was the MSRP on that offer?
    $44,742.....but with TTL and a $1,200 payoff to come out of my current lease the total comes to $46,562
    edited June 2011
    MSRP, not selling price they are selling to you for, but the actual sticker price. unless you are paying full sticker price.

46562 sticker with 2650 rebate = 43913.

with 49% residual and MF .00042 (given from my dealer thru US Bank) you should be at $570 pre tax, 608 with 6.75% tax rolled in
    I was quoted a residual of 50% and MF .00042 for a 2011 CTS Coupe Premium.
    36/12k quote was 716 out the door and monthly payment tax included, meaning they are selling the car around 48100 (gonna call tomorrow to get the actual selling price).

does the 2650 rebate still apply or is that expired?
    MSRP = $46,125

Tax is 6.25% where I am.
  • edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Anyone know which bank has the best money factor and residual for the cadillac CTS-V sedan?

I've done a lot of business (personal/corporate with US Bank) but Ally's seems to have some incentive programs.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    damon
    Hi Damon. Ally and US Bank's special lease programs on the 2011 Cadillac CTS were both very similar and attractive until GM introduced an additional $500 cash incentive...on top of the existing $4,750 cash that was already on leases of the CTS-V Sedan for the 4th of July weekend. Now Ally's program is probably the best.

Car_man
    Host
  • gene66gene66 Member Posts: 13
    Hello,
    Does anyone know the MF (interest rate), Residual and cash incentives for a 2011 CTS Coupe
    36 months, 10,000 miles/year?

I am trying to figure how much more I can negotiate off the $389/month with $999 due at signing deal that Cadillac advertises. I also have the supplier discount; hopefully that is going to help me a little...

Thanks!
  • chrisc318chrisc318 Member Posts: 2
    Question on the current lease offer Cadillac is advertising for the CTS Coupe- 389/month for 36 months based on 39k msrp. 999 due at signing.

If I wanted to add options to this lease offer that took me to 44k, what should I expect the monthly payments to be?
    Hi gene66. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe Premium 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.59% and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,800 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chrisc318. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy base lease rate.

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice of the exact CTS that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisc318chrisc318 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response Car man. Can you work up a sample payment based on 46,545.00 MSRP and 43,741.93 Invoice?
  • o_zo_z Member Posts: 12
    What kind of rebate is it?
    I can not find any information
  • davidmiadavidmia Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get a sense of what is a fair, reasonable lease rate for a CTS-V Coupe with an MSRP around $68,000, 39 month lease, $2,000 down. I understand there's a $4,000 incentive. This is in Florida. Thanks for any insights.
  • tskinner3tskinner3 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Do you know the current Ally lease rates and residuals for a CTS-V sedan, 15k miles/yr, 24- or 36-month term? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • bmartinobmartino Member Posts: 1
    Do you think they will have the $289 a month lease again for the CTS Coupe they had its in January(beginning of the year), I am looking to lease a 2011 in Septemeber thinking that sense the 2012 will be coming out? Correct me if I am wrong about that.
This discussion has been closed.