Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• jcarloughjcarlough Member Posts: 90
    My local dealer is out of 2012s. Is there any lease information out for 2013s?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lihpa. The selling price that you were quoted for this car, dealer invoice minus the available cash incentives look good to me. Just make sure that the dealer uses Ally's base lease rate of 1.0% to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome dogfightyyyr.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newctscoupe. This provides me with a selling price to use in my calculations, but in order to work up a payment I need an MSRP as well. Let me know what this car's MSRP and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out lsr2k12. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 3.6 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 CTS Wagon are interestingly the same.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $6,300 cash incentive that is currently available on 24-month leases of the '12 CTS 3.6 Sedan and $2,075 on 24-month leases of the CTS Wagon through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jcarlough. Yes General Motors has published a lease program for the 2013 CTS. What trim level are you interested in?

Car_man
    Host
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide the residuals for the base and V versions of these vehicles as well?

I assume the rate and CCR are the same?

Also, is there any extra cash available for the Labor Day weekend?

Thanks again.
  • newctscoupenewctscoupe Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman

msrp on car is 46745 Thanks for your help

newctscoupe
  • lihpalihpa Member Posts: 4
    Thank you car_man. Dealer found me another car without sun roof which I didn't want and saving $10/month. Paying $409 tax included 12,000 miles 24 months on 2012 cts coupe performance package. $1916 inceptions including first month payment. Getting the car on Friday.
  • nbaresejrnbaresejr Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you give me an idea of how much it should cost to lease a 2012 CTS Sedan Luxury. MSRP of $48,435. Its going to be a 12,000 mile and 24 month lease.

Would prefer to put nothing but 1st month down at signing. Thanks so much!
  • glimmeriiiglimmeriii Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Called two local dealers this past week about leasing, went into dealer today.

Car Whiite 2012 CTS

MSRP. $52,550
    S/P. $47,819
    15,000 miles a year
    $2,000 first payment out the door. I was looking for two years around $420-430.

The best they claimed the could do was $4,300 from Ally, not $6,300. Is that offer good in Idaho?
    The best number they could come up with $499 a month for 36 months @ 12000 miles a year.
    Am I thinking wrong or are the off?

Thanks!
  • glimmeriiiglimmeriii Member Posts: 3
    After running numbers I'm coming in $390-400 before tax. ????????
  • staticjagstaticjag Member Posts: 1
    Please advise if this is good deal on a 2012 Cadillac CTS for 36-Month Lease with 12KMiles/Yr.

MRSP: $53,130

Sale Price: $49,826 not including ($5625 in incentives)

Money Factor .00050

Residual Value: $29,221.50

Acquisition/Bank Fee: $695

Dealer Doc Fee: $87

Other Fee's: $519 ($432 DMV Fee's, Doc Fee $87)

Disposition Fee: $395

$2000 Down is being placed, bringing the payments to $459.77 before taxes. Please advise, thank you.
    Hi nbaresejr. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon its selling price. Let me know what its invoice price is, New Vehicle Pricing, and I will add a couple of bucks to that and use Ally's current lease program to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    Hey glimmeriii. The payments that you were shooting for are a little low. We're talking about a $50,000 car here. $499 per month with nothing down for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year actually sounds pretty good for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • nbaresejrnbaresejr Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

thanks for getting back to me. The Invoice on the car is $45,741 (its a lux AWD, black diamond paint, nav pkg, and ultra view sun roof). I feel like the dealer is jerking him around, the deal they gave him was $489 for 24 months with 3k down. The more info you can give me the better. Thanks again.

Original post below:
    Car Man,

Can you give me an idea of how much it should cost to lease a 2012 CTS Sedan Luxury. MSRP of $48,435. Its going to be a 12,000 mile and 24 month lease.

Would prefer to put nothing but 1st month down at signing. Thanks so much!
  • dada1132dada1132 Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinging about otaining a 2012 CTS AWD premium demo with 7000 miles on it.

MRSP is $53,615 with selling price of $41,375 after discounts.

24 mos./ 30,000 with 23,000 drivable miles. I have $851 gm card money with addition $1156 down to cover taxes, license, and first month payment.

Payments will be $461.00 per month.

Please advise if this is a good lease rate.
    Thanks for the additional information, nbaresejr.

OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 CTS Sedan Luxury AWD that has an MSRP of $48,435 and a selling price of $41,041 ($500 over invoice minus the available cash incentives, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $489.

Car_man
    Host
  • dada1132dada1132 Member Posts: 4
    After revisiting the dealer here are the new figures:

24months/15,000 per year

MRSP 53,615

Prefer Price $51,280

Demo Discount $3,850 with 7100 mile on it.

Rebates: CCR $3,325
    EVA $1,250
    COMPETITVE LEASE $2,000
    GEN. MTRS. CARD $ 851
    CASH DUE ON DELIVERY $1,249.99

Ally ARP: 1.7% WITH RESIDUAL 60%

Payments will be $413.71 per month.

Please advise if this is a good monthy rate.
  • dave328dave328 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    What are the lease #s for 2012 and 2013 CTS-V wagon? Any incentives for the 2013 lease? I'm interested in 36 mos, ideally.

Thanks!
  • amloyamloy Member Posts: 1
    I have two leases for my business
    2012 cts sedan 36 month 15000 miles a year
    Msrp 51520
    Savings 6250
    Cap cost 45,270
    Bank fee 695
    Total lease cap 45,965
    Residual 27,305
    Total depreciation 18,659.40
    Monthly lease pmt 644.88
    Zero down

2012 Cts v sedan
    24 month 40,000 miles a year
    Msrp 69,240
    Savings 6,000
    Cap cost 63,240
    Bank fee 395
    Total lease cap cost 63,635
    Residual 31,544
    Total depreciation 32,091
    Monthly lease pmt 1,595.01
    Zero down

Are these good terms? Is there a deadline for leasing 2012 cadillacs by gm....dealer is saying monday?
  • juleswinnfieldjuleswinnfield Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking to lease (or even purchase) a 2012 CTS sedan. I have a few questions that I am hoping you can help me with:

What are the most currents residuals and money factors for a 24 and 36 month lease with 15k miles? Also will the financing company (Ally or USAA) allow you to pre-purchase some additional miles cheaper and if so, how much?

What are the current rebates offered on this sedan? I've seen anywhere from $3,000 to $6500 but without any descriptive or qualifying information. I've also seen that they "expire 9/24". Now, I would imagine if thats the case, they are going to be renewed or replaced with better ones but is it better to wait another couple days or deal now?

Thanks so much.
    Hi dave328. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 1.75% and 53%.

As far as cash incentives go, GM is currently providing $1,150 on 36-month leases of the '13 model through Ally and $2,625 on the '12 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi juleswinnfield. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CTS Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.75% and 53%.

Most banks will allow consumers to purchase additional miles at lease signing at a discount to what they would cost at lease end, but I don't know the exact price that Ally charges at signing for Cadillac miles.

There is a $2,625 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

I have heard that some of GM's leases on 2012 models were scheduled to expire on 9/24. I'll check to see if anything has changed.

Car_man
    Host
  • dave328dave328 Member Posts: 30
    Thanks very much. You are most helpful.
  • mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    Hi carman,

Dealer says they can no longer offer leases on the 2012 models? If true, do you know if they have pumped up the dealer cash to sell them? I don't see anything about that, but I can't believe they want to hang on to these cars either.

Thanks
    Mark
  • tblackeytblackey Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm looking for the lease residual, money factor, for a 2013 CTS-V wagon with 20,000 miles/ year, 36 months

Thanks
    You're very welcome dave328.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Mark. Vehicles' residual values gradually decline as the model year progresses. This means that in order to maintain attractive lease payments, manufacturers have to increase their lease support in terms of cash or low rates or both as the year goes on. Typically at the end of the model year the residual values drop to the point where it no longer makes sense for the manufacturer to offer leases on leftover vehicles. General Motors has pulled the plug on its lease support for most '12s at this point.

If you really want a 2012 CTS you may want to consider financing it at 0% for 5 years...or just leasing a 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tblackey. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,850 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

As I mentioned in my previous reply to you, if you need 20,000 miles per year, buy them on a per-mile basis at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • betastevebetasteve Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Carman,

Could you let me know what the current lease numbers look like for a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V sedan 36 or 39 month @ 15k per year?

Thanks!
  • kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2012
    CARMAN

MSRP $44,000 3.6 2013 CTS LEASE 10,000 MI YR ZERO $ DOWN CREDIT SCORE 800

WHAT IS LOWEST MO. LEASE ON 36 OR 39 MO.

WHATEVER GETS ME NEAR $290 A MO. ? IS IT POSSIBLE???

THANKS K.D.
    Hi betasteve. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 53%. General Motors is currently providing a $1,850 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kd1007. It really isn't possible to lease a $44,000 car for less than $300 per month. Even with a decent dealer discount you're still looking at well over $450 per month before tax for a zero down lease of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ranwangxranwangx Member Posts: 3
    May I ask for the Residual value and MF for CTS 24 month or 36 month, for 10K/year?
  • vinayasthanavinayasthana Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am talking to a dealer about leasing a 2013 CTS-V Sedan, for a 39 month Lease, with 15K/year mileage allowance.

What is the best lease rate and residual I should get for this?
    How Can I lookup residual value percentages, and lease rates? Is there a site for leasing information?

Please Help..

Thanks
    Absolutely ranwangx. Ally's base lease rate and current residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 65%. The residual for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.0% and 56%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,450 cash incentive that is currently available on 2 year leases of it and $1,850 on 3 year leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vinayasthana. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,850 cash incentive that is currently available on 39-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • caddymannycaddymanny Member Posts: 5
    Hey Carman,

Can u please tell me how hard it is to turn in a current lease. I've had a 2012 Cadillac CTS sedan for about a year and I am not happy with it. The navigation is really bad and does not work properly. I've sent it to the dealer for repair and it still does not work right. In addition the sunroof makes a creacking noise.

What I would really like to do is trade in my car for a new 2013 CTS Coupe. It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles. Do you think the dealer would be willing to accept my car back for a trade in. If so would there a big penalty to pay upfront for returning the car early?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi caddymanny. Every situation is different. I'm sure that you definitely could get out of your current CTS lease early if you really wanted to. However, it is usually fairly expensive for consumers to get out of their leases significantly before their scheduled end dates. It will probably cost you money to get out of your CTS early. If you do, I personally wouldn't get another one. There's no guarantee that you won't dislike your new CTS as much as you do your current one.

Car_man
    Host
  • caddymannycaddymanny Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Carman. I'll probably just keep my current car and just have the dealer correct the issues I am having with it.
    You're welcome caddymanny. I think that is a wise decision.

Car_man
    Host
  • cellicecellice Member Posts: 53
    Greetings,

What are the current lease numbers for a 2013 CTS-V Coupe for 10K/year for 24M & 36M lease. Is there any cash incentives and any loyalty cash?
  • yossi_1958yossi_1958 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease for 24 or 36 months 12K miles. Can you let me know what can I expect?
  • yossi_1958yossi_1958 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man

Any info? need to make a decision..lol
    Greetings cellice. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.22% and 59%.

There is currently an $1,800 cash incentive on 2-year and $2,300 on 3-year leases of this car through Ally. GM is waiving the first month's payment on leases as well. I'm not aware of any owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yossi_1958. General Motors isn't providing lease support on the 2012 CTS any longer. Its base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 68%. The numbers for a 36-month lease of this car are 1.22% and 58%.

There is an $1,800 cash incentive on 24 month and a $2,300 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car. GM is waiving the first month's payment on it as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • peetipeeti Member Posts: 1
    First post here - mainly due to some of my confusion on this particular thread. First, what is Ally? Is this an independent bank that can provide a lease on a CTS V Wagon? Or is this a provider that GM uses so when I go into a Caddy dealer they can quote this as a lease product?

What is the best way to go today to get a CTS V Wagon on a 24 month lease? Is it Ally, GM, other? And are the 65% residual / 1% rate still accurate on a 12,000 miles/year lease? What promos exist and please confirm these rates? I want to start hitting the dealers up and seeing what I can get, but where I was shopping a Cayenne or X5 5.0 last week, whose numbers are pretty clear and easy to understand, I'm totally lost on this car.

Lastly, since the wagon is on its way out, some dealers will likely try and hold out for top dollar. What can I expect as a negotiated price? Finally convinced the missus that this is a viable car for us - now just need to sort out the pieces.

TIA!
  • koopdadykoopdady Member Posts: 1
    Car _man, could you be so kind as to let me know what the December lease rates are for a 2013 CTS-V coupe and sedan? I am looking at 24 months, 12k or 15k per year.

Also are there any other rebates available?

Thanks, and by the way, your service to the community is beyond words! Keep up the good work!!
  • tommy42tommy42 Member Posts: 70
    I just got a lease offer 36 months for $304.00 a moth 10000 mile a year at the dealer here in Texas Cadillac web site has all the lease till early jan 2013. Just look for current offers
This discussion has been closed.