Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DTS Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited March 2014 in Cadillac
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Cadillac DTS. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• gteach26gteach26 Member Posts: 576
    My father-in-law is about to lease a DTS in Miami Florida. Package III with navigation and sunroof. Cap cost is just over 50K. Don't know residual. $1,500 out the door and $720 plus tax 36 months 10K miles per year. Good/bad /ugly?????

Thanks!!
  • rswallowrswallow Member Posts: 2
    My Dts drives great except on occasion after I turn the key off. and go to turn it back on I get nothing . No grinding or any attempt to start. All the power remains on . After I let it sit for a few minutes it will then start. What is the problem and How do I get it fixed.. Thanks rswallow
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    Since this is a pricing discussion... you'll probably have a lot better luck posting your question here:

2006 Cadillac DTS

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gteach26. I'd be happy to give you my opinion on your father-in-law's lease if you let me know what the full MSRP of the car that he is interested in is. This is an important number to know for two reasons. The first is that it will enable me to see how much of a discount he is being given. The second reason is that it will help me to calculate a lease payment on his car using GM's actual lease program. We can compare the payment that I come up with to the one that he was quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • lanzzlanzz Member Posts: 76
    Car_Man - can you give me a ballpark feel for the leasing cost for an '06 DTS Performance, with Nav, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels - MSRP $53,9XX -

I'd like to get an idea of the monthly cost for a 36 month lease, 15,000 miles per year -

I am eligible for GMS through my employer, so the cost would be $48,2XX -

Car would be registered in NY, so 8.625% tax - Would like to put almost nothing down, and wanted to see what the payments would be.

thanks in advance.
    Hi lanzz. Let's calculate a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $53,950 and a selling price of $48,250 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $656.

Car_man
    Host
  • shortsamshortsam Member Posts: 1
    I just caught this in looking for lease quotes for a DTS level 4. We have been leasing Caddies for several years and are always offered the early release if we go on to another new car. We are interested in the DTS but question the quote we got from our dealer as we were told that the price was less on the car this year then what we paid (if we had bought) for the car we have now. I am looking for a 2 year, no down payment with 15000 miles per year. What should the monthly lease payment be? I am located in Pompano Beach, Florida.
    thanks!
  • miegelmiegel Member Posts: 2
    I would like to lease a 2006 DTS $41195.00 today but only if I can use GM's Pull Ahead program. My current 36 month lease runs to 5/26/06.When will there be a new pull ahead program. There is no current program at all. My lease runs until 5/26/06.
  • barryobbarryob Member Posts: 5
    Yes, there is a current pull ahead program. Just announce last week, I think. But it's for leases that expire before April 30, 2006.

I'd also like to get a new DTS. My current DTS lease expires 6/26/06. I have ordered the exact one I want from a dealer, and I have a feeling they'll figure something out. I made it clear I wouldn't do the deal unless my current lease was terminated early with no penalty. GM wants the business. And I'm sure they'd rather have us do a new lease now rather than risk our considering other brands in 6 months.
    Hi shortsam. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, lanzz.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello miegel. As barryob mentioned, GM was running a lease pull ahead program during the month of October and early November. However, I believe that this program expired about a week ago and was not replaced. It is difficult to say when GM will introduce a new pull ahead program.

Car_man
    Host
  • pete27pete27 Member Posts: 2
    I have negotiated a selling price of $43,790 on a 2006 DTS LuxII with sun/sound pkg and 17" chrome wheels Black on Black 12,000miles/36 months ZERO down except tax/title/lic.
    Whar is the expected monthly payment I should expect to pay? Thanks for your help. Buying in illinois, 60108 zip
    I'd be happy to give you an idea of what your lease payment should be like on this car, pete27. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in).

Car_man
    Host
  • pete27pete27 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 44,490 WITH ADDITIONAL SUN/SOUND AND 17"CHROME TOTAL IS 47080
    THANKS
    Thanks for the additional information, pete27. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $47,080 and a selling price of $43,790 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $585.

Car_man
    Host
  • barryobbarryob Member Posts: 5
    I had ordered a new DTS Luxury III package a couple of months ago, with the hopes that pull ahead would be in effect when it came in. I guess I was right, since the dealer is taking my '03 DTS back with no penalty. Lease expires on 6/26/06. Not leasing the new DTS...buying it.

Also...I had about $700 in rebate earned from my GM Mastercard. The dealer told me that there was a special promotion going on for Platinum GM Card holders, and that my rebate would be almost $2100. I liked that surprise a lot.
    You're right, barryob. GM reintroduced its lease pull-ahead program a couple of weeks ago. Through this program current GMAC lessees are eligible to have up to four of their remaining lease payments waived if they purchase or lease a new GM vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • gfarrellgfarrell Member Posts: 2
    My father wants to lease a 2006 DTS Level II from his dealer in Ft. Myers. The MSRP of the car is $45600. The dealer just faxed me a proposal of $869 down (includes 1st month payment) plus tag fee and $599/month for a 39 month lease. He has factored in a $2000 credit from his GM card. Can you tell me what (if any) discount he is taking off of MSRP to get to that lease payment?

Thanks a lot
    Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance for 36 months and 15,000 miles in NY State?

Thanks -
    Hi gfarrell. It's tough to say how much of a discount the quote that you were given includes. It isn't a secret though, all you have to do to find out is ask. I personally would never do business with a dealer that refused to tell me the price of the car they were trying to get me to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lanzz. Through April 4th, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Cadillac DTS with 15,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • joep8joep8 Member Posts: 3
    Are the residual values negotiable? I'm working on a deal for a DTS with 36 months, 15k miles and the dealer is using a 3.75% rate and 54% residual. Has GMAC reduced the residual value 4% on this car since April 4?
  • maxdog3maxdog3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man -

Are these figures for lease rate and residual still acurate for a 36 month lease on a DTS today?

thanks.
  • maxdog3maxdog3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man -

I am trying to find out the GMAC money rate and residual for a 2 and 3 year 15,000 mile lease on a 2006 DTS.

Thanks
    No, joep8, vehicles' residual values are sent by the banks that they are being leased through and are not negotiable. I believe that GMAC's residual values for most vehicles are the same today as they were in April. Its current lease rate and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of an '06 DTS are 3.75% and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I am sorry to say, maxdog3, that they are not. If you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.75% and 54%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC's residual value for this car dropped 4% for this term from its first quarter lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey maxdog3. Please see my previous post for this car's 36 month lease program. If you were to lease one through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its lease rate and residual value should be 3.75% and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
  • twm1944twm1944 Member Posts: 2
    I am considering the lease on a 2006 DTS Luxury II. MSRP is $44,490 including destination. Term is 39 months and 12,000 miles. I have $1,500 "GM cash" and current $1,000 GM incentive for capital cost buy down. What should I expect to pay.

thanks
  • twm1944twm1944 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man

I forgot to include the "sale" price of $41,600 to the previous messsage.....(below)....

I am considering the lease on a 2006 DTS Luxury II. MSRP is $44,490 including destination. Term is 39 months and 12,000 miles. I have $1,500 "GM cash" and current $1,000 GM incentive for capital cost buy down. What should I expect to pay.

(The money factor and residual would be helpful. I live in Michigan.)

thanks again

twm
    Hi twm1944. In addition to the cash incentives that you mentioned, you should be able to negotiate a dealer discount on this car as well. Its exact monthly payment will depend upon how much of an additional discount you negotiate. If you let me know what the selling price of the car that you are interested in is, I can estimate what its lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Ahhhhh, thanks for the additional information, twm1944. I should have scrolled ahead. OK, let's work up a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $44,490 and a selling price of $39,100 ($41,600 - $1,500 GM cash - $1,000 incentive) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $483. I used a lease rate of 3.75% and a residual value of 57% to arrive at this payment. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nav3nav3 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man ,

Can you provide me with a 39 month lease payment for a DTS Luxury 11 with a MSRP of $48,840 12000 miles a year. With GM discount and local rebates price is discounted down to ($39,000) required only first month payment and tax title down. Thanks
    Hi nav3. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Cadillac DTS with an MSRP of $48,840 and a selling price of $39,000 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year (I have not seen its 39 month lease program), your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $415.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • vpfinnvpfinn Member Posts: 1
    I am planning on leasing a 2006 Cadillac DTS-Luxury II model with a MSRP of $47685. The lease will be for 39 months, 10,000 miles per year, with no money down and taxes included in the lease. I am trading in a car for $9000. and that money will be rolled into the lease.
    Can you please tell me what the lease should cost me monthly.
    Thank you.
    Hi vpfinn. there's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing. However, it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your car rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I say this because consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing their money if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • acp60acp60 Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in leasing DTS LUX 11 06, MSRP $45235
    sell price $40512, 39 mo 39k mi, 0 down. What should I pay for lease, excluding tax?
    Hi acp60. I don't believe that GMAC is providing lease support on 2006 Cadillac models any longer. As a result, if you were to lease one right now you would have to do so through an independent bank. This late in the model year, you actually might be better off leasing a 2007 model. Make sure to get a payment quote in a similar 2007 model before leasing a 2006.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dtsmandtsman Member Posts: 1
    Greetings! I was wondering if GM has any lease pull ahead deals goin on. I have a 2004 SRX V8 AWD loaded minus openview. Lease is done in Aug 2007. Would like to get
    an 06 DTS performance model. Good deals going on?
    Yes, dtsman, General Motors is running a lease pull ahead program right now. It allows current GMAC lessees out of their deals three months early at no charge if they purchase or lease a new GM vehicle. As an added bonus, I believe that consumers who take advantage of this program get a $1,000 bonus that they can apply towards their new vehicle. You would be able to take advantage of this offer, but you won't be able to use it to cover all of your remaining lease payments on your SRX. You will have to pay money out of pocket to get a new Cadillac. As a result, if I was in your situation I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bigjoshbigjosh Member Posts: 3
    I am looking into leasing a used Cadillac DTS, are there any specific guidelines I will need to know about when leasing a used vehicle?
    Thanks,
    Josh
  • linda1056linda1056 Member Posts: 1
    I recently turned in my GMC lease one month early and bought a new GMC. My lease was through GMAC. My new vehicle is through a different bank. Do I still qualify for the pull ahead program because I turned in a GM early and bought a new GM or did this have to be done only if I financed through GMAC both times? Thanks.
    Hi linda1056. I am not 100% positive about this so you will have to check with your dealer to be sure, but I do not believe that you are eligible for GM's lease pull-ahead program if you do not lease or finance your new vehicle through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billharbinbillharbin Member Posts: 1
    dtsman,

I have a beautiful Blue Chip Performance model with every option except nav. Tuscony Black Leather is very nice. I took a 39 mo. GMAC lease in March 2006. The car is sitting in my step-mother's driveway in Calhoun GA with 10,000 miles on it. I'm on a long term overseas assignment and won't be back before the lease ends. Since your lease is up in August, you could take over the remainder of the lease and get 32,900 miles for $680/mo. If this sounds good to you, please reply either here, or my e-mail is harbin_bill@yahoo.com.
  • jmschultz22jmschultz22 Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone able to give me the current residual rate and interest rate for the DTS here in August? I am looking at both a 2 year or 3 year with 12000 miles. Thanks for your time.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jmschultz22. GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac DTS with 12,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.75% and 57%. When negotiating your lease on the DTS that you are interested in, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    I've always paid cash for my cars (paying myself a monthly car payment which then becomes the cash to buy the replacement vehicle). Typical mileage is 12k per year. And I keep them for approx. 6 years (though an '85 Park Ave. was dumped as soon as the warranty expired at 3 years). I currently own a 2005 300C with 36k miles and am looking at trading it for a DTS (or maybe CTS) in the Spring, and would likely keep it till the RWD DTS arrives in 2010 - 2011 (assuming the new one stays in the current DTS price range). A colleague made the comment that "unless you like to keep your cars for 8 - 10 years, leasing is the most cost effective way have a car". Is that a true statement?
This discussion has been closed.