Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You made the right call wherespete. I don't see any reason why the dealer couldn't offer you the same selling price on a leased SRX as they could on one that you were going to purchase. In fact, GM's cash incentives on leased SRX models are actually better than they are on purchased units.

Combine this with the absurd lease quote that you mentioned in your next post and it sounds to me as though you should fine a new dealer to work with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're right, stumc1, the selling price that you were quoted looks great. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with.

Using an MSRP $45,700 and a selling price of $42,134.91, I estimate that this truck would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $588.

The payment for an otherwise identical 39-month lease would be $568.

I used Ally's current base lease rate of 1.0% to calculate these payments. Ask the dealer what rate they used to calculate the payments that they quoted you. It's possible that they are attempting to mark your vehicle's rate up to pad your deal even further.

As far as the fees that you mentioned go, what in the heck is Phantom Footprint? It sounds like some sort of VIN etching. Whatever it is, you don't need it. The $599 doc fee seems a little on the steep side as well, but you might not be able to get the dealer to waive that one. They could always discount the vehicle by another couple hundred dollars to help offset it if you want to try to haggle with them more.

Car_man
    Host
  • lue44lue44 Member Posts: 1
    We recently found a 2012 Cadillac SRX with a sticker of $44295 which we can purchase for $41499. We think we’d like to lease this rather than buy but unsure of the deal. The dealer gave us a $549/month for 36 months with $2043 down. The lease allowed 12K milers/yr. I see a recent promotion from GM for about the same vehicle for $399/month 30K miles for 36 months with $3499 down. The dealer didn’t really show where or how he arrived at the figure he quoted so I’m a bit apprehensive-thanks
  • maroontigremaroontigre Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the June lease rate and residual for an SRX Base? Also, do you know if the additional 2k incentive is still being offered? Thanks!
    Hi maroontigre. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Base with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

In June, there's a $1,765 cash incentive for leases of this truck through Ally. There's an additional $2,000 on top of that for consumers who are currently financing or leasing a Cadillac or leasing a non-General Motors vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you live in Southern California, have Ford Sync or Cadillac CUE, and can take a tv crew for a short ride Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, please email PR@edmunds.com by Saturday, June 23, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aquaman2aquaman2 Member Posts: 7
    hi Carman

I live in Southern California, for month of July, would you please provide the lease rate and residual for an SRX Base?
    I'd be happy to aquaman2. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Cadillac SRX with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 62%, respectively.

I believe that General Motors is providing a $745 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmac_sucksgmac_sucks Member Posts: 1
    Do yourselves a favor and do not lease a vehicle from GMAC/ALLY. My wife and I bought a 2010 SRX - it has had some minor problems but ok overall. The main problem we have is that it is too small for us, so we decided to trade it in on a new vehicle. No can do.

GMAC/ALLY punishes you for early termination and they punish you even more if you try to trade the vehicle instead of buying it. The dealer did not tell us about this and none of the other leases that we have had did this. We have had BMW, Audi, and a couple others. If we had known, we would have requested a different bank.

Bottom line - they hold you hostage. We had paid the lease down to about $25,500. Ally wanted $32,000 to trade it in. If I bought it, then they ONLY wanted $28,000. I was told that if I didn't like the $32,000 price, then I could buy it for $28,000, pay the taxes and title fees, and then trade it in.

What a joke.
  • clt322clt322 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I've known that i want to get the Cadillac SRX for a while and i've been trying to hold out for the 2013 model because of the new navigation display and cue system in it. I heard from my dealership today that the 2013 model wouldn't be coming out until December though! :(

2 questions:

1. has anyone else heard that this December date is accurate?
    2. do you think the 2013 is worth the wait or should i get a steal on the 2012?

Thanks!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    clt322,
    Thank you for your questions. I show that the 2013 model doesn't go into production until the beginning of September. It typically takes 6-8 weeks to see them start to show up in dealer inventory. I would recommend asking them about ordering information. I would definitely recommend checking out the web site as there are a lot of changes from the 2012 model year to the 2013 model year. I would also recommend utilizing the tools on the web site such as the build your own option. This allows you to customize the vehicle and shows the available and standard options. There is also a Chat Now option with live representatives trained to answer pre-purchase questions such as features and options, incentives, locating vehicles etc. I hope this information helps!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • carshopper78carshopper78 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at leasing a 2012 with these exact parameters

MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $46,775.00
    INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $2,405.00
    Crystal Red Tintcoat $995.00
    Rear seat dual-player DVD entertainment system $1,395.00
    License plate bracket, front $15.00
    Destination Freight Charge $875.00
    TOTAL MSRP $50,055.00
    Total Cash Offers - $2,000.00
    PRICE* $48,055.00

Miles 15K per year
    39 Month term, was offered 656 per month payment including tax with basically 1st month payment as money down. Is this competitive? Or do I need to continue negotiating?

Thanks
  • jj316jj316 Member Posts: 24
    Very high. The car is not worth that and be prepared to be at the dealership with it at least once a month for service as the computers are no good and it is just a badly made car. I have one and am counting the days and months to give it back to them. A waste of money to drive a loaner car from day one and I am not the only one in my town. One out of three are bad from questioning people when asked. Just some friendly advice. i am sure there will be some other feedback but if you have a good one congrats to you.
  • scott214scott214 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the August lease rate and residual for an SRX Luxury FWD? Also, is Ally still providing a lease incentive along with the 2k GM incentive? Thanks!
    Hello scott214. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 62%, respectively.

There is a $1,750 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck through Ally. As you mentioned, this cash is available in addition to the $2,000 cash incentive for current lessees of non-General Motors vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Car_man

Is there any difference in the rate for AWD 36 month 15,000 miles?
  • bestleasedealbestleasedeal Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking for the best deal on a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury FWD, and I'm debating between a 24, 36, and 39 month lease (all with only 10,000 miles per year). Can you provide the money factors and residual values for each of these terms?

Also, can you confirm that the GM $2,000 incentive is available to non-GM leasees along with Ally's $1,750 incentive? Laslty, what is Ally's acquisition/bank fee? Thanks!
    Hi njandy. Whether this vehicle is 2WD or AWD does not have any impact upon its lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    Here you go, bestleasedeal.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 68%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.8% and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.8% and 55%.

Yes, there is a $2,000 conquest cash incentive on this vehicle for current lessees of non-GM products. That cash is available in addition to the $600 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck and $1,375 on 36 to 39 month leases of it through Ally.

Ally's base acquisition fee is currently $695.

Car_man
    Host
  • juleswinnfieldjuleswinnfield Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car Man,

"Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 68%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.8% and 57%."

Are these numbers still what is currently available? Any different discount or rebates? 2013's are going to be around any day, would it be better to wait a couple weeks on a lease or will the offers go away?
    Yes, the September lease program for this vehicle is still the same. There is a $745 cash incentive on 36-month leases of most SRX models through Ally.

It is entirely possible that GM will enhance its offers on the 2012 SRX once the 2013 models begin to arrive on dealers' lots if there's enough of them sitting around, but GM isn't scheduled to make any major revisions to its programs until 10/31.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmraz73jmraz73 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman,

What do you know about the 2013 SRX's? What incentives are available and lease rates?

Thanks! I've been waiting a long time to get an SRX and decided to wait until the 2013 came out so I'm eager to get one!!
    Hi jmraz73. I believe that the 2013 SRX was a slightly later introduction than most other Cadillac models. GM just introduced lease support on it this month.

Ally's October base lease rate for a 36-month lease of a 2013 SRX is 3.55%.

In addition to that lease rate, GM is providing a piddly $200 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this model through Ally.

Good luck in your quest for a new ride and make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmraz73jmraz73 Member Posts: 9
    Dealer hit me with a $600 Lease acquisition fee (via ally). They want to add this to the sale price of the car. Is that correct? Anyway to negotiate this?
    Hi jmraz73. Ally charges a $695 or so acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Everyone who leases a vehicle through them must pay this charge, it is not negotiable. you can either do so at lease signing or roll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of the monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    What are the numbers for 36 month lease of SRX luxury AWD with 10k miles? Is 24 month more attractive right now?
  • phillydillyphillydilly Member Posts: 38
    Hey Carman,

Looking at a 2012 SRX Luxury AWD 12k Miles per year, both 24 and 36 month.

Can you give me money factor and residual for this, as well as any incentives that may be available?

Thanks in advance
    Hello rbirns1. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cadillac SRX AWD Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 59%. I don't think that the 24-month term is really any more attractive at this time.

GM is providing a $1,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this vehicle right now. It's also waiving the first month's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey phillydilly. I don't think that General Motors is providing lease support on the 2012 Cadillac SRX any longer. You can finance it through Ally at 0% for up to 5 years though.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, but what about 2013?
    Good catch rbirns1. That was a typo...those actually were the numbers for the 2013 model. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    Car Man:
    Stopped in to look at a 2013 SRX Luxury Model yesterday. Renting a Lexus and mentioned the Conquest Cash. Total discounts are $3900 per your notes.

Delaer quoting 57% residual and 4.55% interest through GMAC? It is a 39 mos. lease vs. 36 mos. Not sure why/how they could do this. Any ideas?
    So I'm working with a dealer on a SRX, 2013, FWD Luxury package.

MSRP $43,555
    Negotiated $41,824
    3900 in rebates
    36 month 12K year
    residual 58%
    money factor .00112
    we are both in agreement on these numbers

He quoted me $487
    I told him I was coming up with $448 (6% sales tax included)

I asked him where the difference is, and he keeps dodging the question. He said it has to do with sales tax on the rebate. I said, ok thats 6% on 3900 is $235, over 36 months thats $7 or $8 a month, what is the rest?

He seems to be pretty insistent that the $487 is the best he can do, but i'm not seeing why my $448 is wrong.

Can anyone help me out here?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Acquisition fee?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

no, its not acquisition fee.
    I received the following list from him:
    $740 Acquisition fee
    $190 doc fee
    $23 state fee
    We also agreed upon $1000 due at signing to cover these costs.

So I'm still off by the $30 a month.

I think its in how the rebates are applied. I'm using them as essentially a down payment in my math, I think I'm not getting the full amount from them.
    Thought I'd follow up with the final deal I got:

As I said before, my dealer wouldn't come off the $487.
    I called another explained the situation, I didn't tell him $487 was the current offer I had, but did tell him I was looking for $455 a month with $1000 due at signing. He said he would get back to me.

About 2 hours later, the first dealer called me back and said he could do $451 a month, with the $1000 down. I got this via voicemail and email and decided i was going to give the dealer i contacted that morning a chance before i called back.

End of day i called the second dealer and said i still hadn't heard from him. He had my email wrong, apologized and sent me a quote of $454.

I emailed him back about 15 min later, thanked him for his help and told him i already had a lower offer on the table. He responded within a couple minutes asking what the offer was and if he could counter. I called him, told him I had an offer I liked and was going to take, but if he wanted to give me a best and final, i would take one last price. He asked how far off he was, I told him he was in a "moderate ballpark" he asked if he was on second base or third base, I said moderate ballpark was all i could tell him.

He called me back 5 min later with two deals:
    $422 a month, $1000 due at signing through US Bank. US bank has stricter credit requirements and has a disposition fee of $395 due at end of the lease.
    He could also do $445 $1000 due at signing through ally. Ally's credit reqs are slightly less than US Bank and no disposition fee.

Going today to hopefully take the $422 deal, and if not the $445

Just to recap info on the car I'm getting:
    2013 SRX FWD Luxury Package
    MSRP $43,555
    Negotiated $41,824
    3900 in rebates
    36 month 12K year
    residual 58%
    money factor .00112
    6% sales tax
    my math came to $448 a month with 1k at signing to cover acquisition, docs, etc.

Thanks to everyone on this board as I feel I got a good deal and hopefully this info helps someone else out to get a good or better deal than me!
  • mmd4mmd4 Member Posts: 1
    I am ready to buy a 2013 SRX Luxury. Just curious what you ended up paying. I am hoping to get a similar deal that you negotiated.
  • like2lease07like2lease07 Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone help? I am looking for the current lease rate and residual for Ally on the 2013 SRX Luxury, 36M 10K lease! Thanks!
    I ended up with the $445 per month, $1k due at signing, no disposition fee at end of lease.
  • cpi000000cpi000000 Member Posts: 2
    Phillydilly-

I am close to buying the 2013 SRX Luxury. Where did you come up with the $3900 in incentives? I have $2000 for the luxury lease rebate, but I don't see anything else. Did you add nav or driver awareness?
  • descartes2013descartes2013 Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to lease this model as soon as I get my income tax, and I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I go to the dealer. I recently found this site. I'd appreciate the help.
    I've been e-mailing a few dealers, and so far I got this offer:

S1999.00 Down
    548.00 plus tax a month
    39 Month Lease
    10k Miles Per Year
    Hi like2lease07. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 59%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $1,900 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • newcaddymannewcaddyman Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in a new Cadillac SRX - Luxury w/ Nav. here's the deal i'm working on...is it a good deal?

MSRP: 45300
    Negotiated: 43369
    Rebates: 5380
    Cash down: 1300
    36 month, 12K miles
    Residual: 58%
    MF: .00139583
    Tax: 7.75%

I'm debating between purchasing and leasing, but i don't get the rebates if i buy....it's cheaper to actually lease and then buy after 3 yrs. Thoughts? Is it a good deal to lease?
    Sorry, rebates are ~4000, not 5380.
  • cpi000000cpi000000 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you find $4000 is rebates?
    $1900 Ally, $2K competitor lease, and there was another ally incentive which brought the rebates over 4K....
  • almanac_1134almanac_1134 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man or any others that can give me guidance on my first lease:

Is this a good deal on black base model 2013 Cadillac SRX lease-

$38,107
    $0 out of pocket
    39 mos.
    15k miles yr.
    $562 or $615 incl. tax, monthly pymt.

Any help is appreciated!
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Actually, with respect to the value of a vehicle there is no difference in what a person will pay if the vehicle is bought or if the vehicle is leased and then bought from the manufacturer/bank at the end of the lease.

If a person pays $50,000 for a vehicle and buys it, the person will pay $50,000. If a person leases a $50,000 vehicle for three years with a residual value of $30,000, that person pays $20,000 over the life of the lease. If bought, the person would pay the other $30,000 at that time. Both total $50,000.

The value of a lease is over the life of the lease the person only pays for the depreciated amount which is usually less than the total amount paid during that time on a purchased vehicle.

However, the person leasing who later buys would likely pay more if the total period to lease exceeds the period used to purchase the vehicle which would result in more finance charges but not more for the actual vehicle cost.

As with a purchase, at the end of the lease, the leasee can buy the vehicle, sell the vehicle or trade the vehicle. And, a real advantage, the person can simply return the vehicle which they cannot do with a purchase.

Leasing is a great option for people who understand leasing.
  • almanac_1134almanac_1134 Member Posts: 3
    Billy3554-

Is this a good deal on a lease for an SRX lux no nav:

12k miles
    $0 down
    36 mos.
    $650 incl tax
  • chicagopjpchicagopjp Member Posts: 8
    Hello, car_man:

Could you please offer the rate and residual for a 10K mile/36 month lease on an SRX Performance AWD? If it changes by trim level, I guess I'd also be interested in having the details for the Luxury and Premium.

Also, any incentives? I see there's a $1000 loyalty available in an email I just received today -- anything else?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.