Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• gmsilveradogmsilverado Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man. Can you update the lease programs for April? I'm looking to return my 08 Silverado and lease either a 11 Crew Cab LS 4WD or a 11 Crew Cab 4WD LT depending on the price. Can you advise of any lease cash, lease rate, and residual values for a 36 month lease / 10,000 miles a year.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I sure can, gmsilverado. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4WD LT with 10,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 51%, respectively.

The lease rate for the LS would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,700 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you so much. That info is next to impossible to find. Do you happen to know if credit union pricing can be applied to a lease? Not sure if that is only for a purchase. Thanks so much for the help!!!!!
    You're very welcome gmsilverado.

That's a good question. One would think that to be eligible for credit union pricing that they would have to finance through the credit union. Having said that, credit unions con't have any special advantage that normal consumers have. You should be able to negotiate a similar price on your own by comparison shopping.

Car_man
    Host
  • dvdnetndvdnetn Member Posts: 3
    How about the same for April on Sierra Crew SLE and SLT 3/36 & 3/39 any consumer cash?
  • rpm813rpm813 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

I am trying to find lease numbers for a 2011 LT Crew Cab Silverado Texas Edition or a 2011 LTZ Crew Cab with a term of 36 or 48 months and 12k miles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Greetings rpm813. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 1.32% and 41%, respectively.

I haven't seen the numbers for the Texas Edition version of this truck.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $4,050 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • anderm30anderm30 Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2011
    Car_man,
    Do you have the residual and money factor for a 4WD extended cab LT truck on a 36/15k? Is there cash incentive from Ally? Thanks!
    I certainly do, anderm30. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4WD LT with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 46%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,050 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • orrjh38orrjh38 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a 2011 Crew Cab Silverado. Are we seeing the same numbers?
    Car_man - I'm looking at leasing a ' 11 Silverado Ext Cab 4x4 LT. Can you please post the base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease? Also, what is available as far as lease cash for this truck?

Thanks!
    Hey orrjh38. The lease rates for both trim levels would be exactly the same, but the residual values for the Crew Cab model would be 3% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the appropriately named gmsilverado. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 43%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $4,050 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Hi Car_man.
    Can you please provide me with the lease rates for 24/36/39 months with 12k per year on the above truck? Does the 2012 have better rates?
    Also, is there any lease cash or rebates available?
    Thank you in advance.
  • kbb2222kbb2222 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,
    First Thanks for all your great info. I am looking to lease a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. What is the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease with 15,000 per year? Is there any lease cash available? How would USAA membership help me or can I get just as good a deal dealing directly with the dealer? Thanks,
  • kbb2222kbb2222 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry, forgot to add that it would be a Crew Cab LTZ with 6.6 TDSL. Thanks,
    Hi kbb2222. If I am not mistaken, I believe that unfortunately General Motors is only providing lease support on Silverado 1500 models, not the 2500.

Car_man
    Host
  • halekoa1halekoa1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking at leasing a 2012 1500 Extended cab, either an LT or LTZ. What is the money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease with 12k per year? Also is there a current cash incentive? Thanks for your time.
    Hi halekoa1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The lease rate for the LTZ would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% lower.

GM is currently providing a $5,100 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • tms9tms9 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man. I'm looking to lease a suburban 4X4 LTZ. Do you know the money factor or interest rates and rebates available from US Bank and Ally? Thanks so much.
    Hi tms9. This is actually the Silverado lease discussion, not the Suburban discussion. I will answer your question here, but please post any additional questions about leasing a Suburban there. Thanks.

Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 40%.

GM is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • drivingmenutsdrivingmenuts Member Posts: 12
    I have never leased a vehicle, always bought our vehicles outright. And we keep our vehicles for a long time (typically more than 8 years).

But its almost time to replace my truck. I see that there is a large $5100 incentive to lease a Silverado through Ally (in other postings here.) Maybe Car Man can chime in here also to verify current money factor, and incentives and residual - Silverado Ext. Cab, 4x4 LT1.

I have a couple questions.

First is, can I negotiate the price on the truck before this $5100 lease incentive? Seems like I can get more off the price doing it this way, since I can get the lease incentive plus a discount on the price.

What kind of price can I expect a dealer to agree to when I am leasing the truck, like so much above invoice? I do qualifiy for the GM supplier pricing, does that help me, any other incentives in addition to the lease incentive, like rebates?

Can anyone give me their personal experience in doing this, leasing initially with the intention of buying at lease end. Or is it cheaper to buy outright and negotiate the price with the dealer up front?
  • jrock817jrock817 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man- I stopped into a dealer on 4/28 for some quotes on leases while i try and sell my truck now. They told me to come back after may 1st since new pricing / deals were coming out. Do you have what they are currently offering? The chevy.com site has nothing listed for leases.

Looking to get into a 2012 1500 LT Ex cab reg box or same in an LTZ 4x4

Depew, NY 14043

Once my Silvy SS sells..
  • drivingmenutsdrivingmenuts Member Posts: 12
    I saw an ad on tv last night for what looks like a $4000 rebate on the 2012 Silverados this month.

Have to take our Impala SS tomorrow to the dealership. Going to Chevrolet dealership in Cheektowaga, saw your in Depew.

My brother-in law works there, I can ask him about the current deals while I am there.

You have a Silverado SS to sell?
    Yea I seen that too. Until July I think?

Yes, 2003 Silverado SS. 72,3xx miles

Here is a link to my craigslist ad:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2980024010.html

It definitely turns heads.. not too many around our area.
    Hi jrock817. Ally's current base lease rate on a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is 1.0%. There is a $4,900 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    I think it's worth mentioning that for 24-month leases, the cash incentive is $5,950. For a regular cab W/T, that makes the monthly payment actually go down on the shorter lease.

I was told at the dealer that the rate was 1% (check) and the residual on 24 months a paltry but realistic 41%.

It might be worth doing the short lease, then buying it out, given the incentives.

Cheers,
    -Mathias
    Thanks Car_man :)
    You're welcome jrock817.

Car_man
    Host
  • suicidysuicidy Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, what is the money factor and residual on a 36 month lease for August on a Silverado 1500 Crewcab SLT 4x4 5.3L a10k and 12k?
  • suicidysuicidy Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, what is the money factor and residual on a 36 month lease for September on a Silverado 1500 Crewcab SLT 4x4 5.3L a10k and 12k? Also, are the numbers on the Extendd Cab different?

Thanks
  • buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please post the Feburary rate and residual for an LT extended cab? And lease cash on the truck?

Thank you!!
    Sure buster6. Didn't you just post a question about the Malibu? there's quite a difference between that and a Silverado ;).

Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 52%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mixenmixen Member Posts: 11
    Hey Car Man:

I am interested to know the residuals and money factor (for April) for a 36 or 39 month lease of a 2013 Silverado 1500 4X4 Crew Cab LT, and or your opinion on the proposed lease below.

I visited a local dealer in late March, and between the $3000 rebate, the $2000 lease conquest and $2000 GM Card points, he quoted me $300 per month for 39 months with $1500 out-of-pocket. (Bank fees, taxes, DMV fees, delivery, etc. are all included in the above.) He claims that he is pricing the truck at about $100 below invoice. The Silverado comes with the All-Star package (which has been reduced by another $1500 off that package price) as well as a dealer-installed bedliner. According to Edmunds, the Invoice price for such a vehicle (with those options) would be $37,642 and the MSRP would be $40,490, including delivery and after factoring in the $1,500 package discount.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. What am I missing?
    Hi mixen. General Motors' captive finance companies publish lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease of this truck are 1.05% and 50%.

The payment that you were quoted certainly looks attractive. $100 under invoice minus incentives is a very good selling price. Of course, you should verify that this is indeed what they are selling you the truck for by looking up its invoice price here at Edmunds.com and comparing it to the price that they are using.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 2014 Chevrolet Siverado Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.