Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Qbrozen, the Chrysler 300 is available to all consumers for purchase through DaimlerChrysler's Employee Purchase Program. This is why such a large discount was given on it. I;ve always liked the 300. I agree with your assessment that ocgeezer should not use his/her entire trade-in allowance as a down payment for this lease, but I would take this a step further and say that they should not use any of it as a capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi nottheone. The money factor that you were quoted is a little too high. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C is only .00251. This car's 39 month money factor is .00255. Unfortunately, the $700 acquisition fee that you were quoted is correct. Chrysler Financial raised its acquisition fee to this level when it decided to no longer charge security deposits on leases. DaimlerChrysler is not providing any cash incentives on this model right now, other than the ability to purchase it through its Employee Purchase program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi polara60. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. Assuming that you credit is in good shape, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C is .00255. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. The disposition fee that you were quoted is charged by Chrysler Financial and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it. The selling price that you were quoted is fine because it is DaimlerChrysler's employee price. So just make sure that you get the buy rate money factor and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • baymanbayman Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car man. I looked at the 300 and went with a Jeep GC instead. I got one with the 4.7L V8 sticker at $33,300 for $25,500. The 300 rocks but they aren't offering $8,000 off.
  • jaypsjayps Member Posts: 9
    I leased a Pacifica in May and at the time, DC was forgiving up to 4 lease payments (off a current DC lease) in a program they refer to as "lease pull-ahead". I wondered if anyone knew whether or not they were currently still running this program and also, when is the 2007 300 going to hit showrooms? I don't expect it to be much different but if I were to buy or lease a new 300 near the end of the year I think I will want an '07 and not an '06. As always, any info is appreciated!
  • amirasamiras Member Posts: 20
    hi! I'm ready to jump on a 300C AWD and I would like to know the latest numbers (residual and money factor) for a lease (3 yrs. 12,000 miles/yr.).
    Here is the car that I'm looking to:
    2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
    Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat exterior
    Dark Slate Gray/Light Graystone Luxury Leather interior
    Power Sunroof
    GPS Navigation System
    Sound Group II
    Protection Group II
    Chrysler MSRP $39,975
    Selling price $34,777

Can I push the selling price any lower?
    Thanks in advance for the help !!!
    You're welcome, bayman. You're right, the deals are much better on the Grand Cherokee. Enjoy your new truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jayps. DaimlerChrysler is still running a lease pull-ahead program. However, this program is only available on select models, like the Pacifica. It is not currently available on the Chrysler 300. I don't know the exact date that the 2007 300 will hit dealer's lots, but it should be very soon. You may be able to find out by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler 300/300C".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, amiras. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 300C AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 56%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently a providing $1,250 on leases of the 2006 300C through Chrysler Financial. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost. Check out the following discussion for feedback on the specific price that you should pay for this car right now: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • clevelawclevelaw Member Posts: 3
    I have lurked for a few months - and I am ready to deal on a 2006 300 Touring with AWD, Protection Group, Luxury Group, and 27K packages. I have been quoted

39 months
    15,000 miles a year
    33,100 purchase price (Friends & Family - 1% under invoice)
    MSRP 35,480
    Monthy payments w/tax - 490.86

Does this seem like a fair deal? I have never leased a car before.
  • clevelawclevelaw Member Posts: 3
    By the way, the lease rate I was quoted was .00222 for the 2006 Touring AWD.
  • dgraham248dgraham248 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man - I am looking to Lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring for as close to $350/Month as possible. Preferably 15K miles/36 months. As little as humanly possible down. Can it be done?
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    hi all,

new to the board and loving all the info. i am looking ot lease a fully loaded 06 300c w/ nav, sound, video, sunroof, leather, walnut trim, etc. msrp was quoted as 41265. cap cost is 38903 after all rebates. res value of 55% and money factor of .00175 on a 39 month lease. they want 2385 otd down, with monthly payments of 459 plus tax. is this a good deal? btw, this is from buerge in santa monica,ca.

also, i've been told not to get a lease for longer than the warranty, so i am going to call back tomorrow to find out terms for a 36 month lease. car_man, could you let me know the terms for both a 36 and 39 mnth lease?

thanks very much,
    bob
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    I don't have the details yet (I was driving when the Sales Mgr gave me the #s), but what is your first impression of this deal?
    2006 300C AWD, Nav/Sound, Prot, HID, Walnut, Sunroof, Sirius, UConnect, Power pedals, etc
    MSRP $41,310 I have employee price plus he mentioned this vehicle has a "volume allowance" for taking extra vehicles when DC wanted them to.

27 month/12k mile lease for $425.00 (inludes 6% tax) with approx $700 due at signing (first payment/tax). Like I said I will get more details today, but my first impression is to take it for that price. What do you think?
    please do post the details; that sounds like an incredible deal to me!
    Hi clevelaw. The selling price and money factor that you were quoted for this car look good to me. I've always liked the Chrysler 300. I especially love the way the grill looks. This looks like a good deal on a great car to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dgraham248. Off of the top of my head, the payment that you are interested in sounds a little low to me. I would be happy to tell you exactly what your lease payment would be on the car that you are interested in if you were to lease it through Chrysler Financial right now. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler 300 / 300C: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, Bob. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00175 and 52%. When negotiating your lease on this car, don't forget to take the $2,000 bonus cash that is available on leases of it through Chrysler Financial right now. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 2000blk2000blk Member Posts: 6
    What is the current money factor and residual for the 300srt8? 24 and 36 months 15K miles.

Thanks
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    I posted some general information previously, but I would like some opinions of the following offer:
    2006 300C AWD, Silver, Drk/lgt slate
    MSRP $41,310
    Net cap cost $31,773 (employee discount and others included)
    27 month/12k lease
    Residual 58%
    Money factor: .00086 (is this as good as I think it is?)
    Monthly payment $357 including 6% tax!
    Total due: $750 (first payment + taxes)
    The kicker: it's a demo with 6,500 miles. I drove it and all seems to be ok, but I will invetigate some more.

There is also a black "new" one for about $385 per month, but silver is preferred. What is everyone's opionion about leasing this DEMO and the deal in general. I am likely going to finish this within this week. Thanks for your comments.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    in general, i think that's a helluva lotta car for $357/mo. that is, if 12k per year is enough miles for you.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• stargazer5stargazer5 Member Posts: 3
    I checked out a loaded 2006 300C today in Richmond Virginia and I thought my rates were pretty fair until I read car-man's reply to twodomes. I need to know how I can improve my deal. The MSRP is $39,955 with a cash price of $35,473 after $3,000 in rebates. Their 39-month lease quote was $558.52. It has a .00245 rate with a 54% residual. The car has everything except for the rear seat DVD and AWD. since it is the end of the model year, should I be expecting a better price and a much lower rate? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
    stargazer,

seems to me they're getting you on the money factor, as its much higher than the numbers car_man posted. your cap cost looks good and the residual is fine. i would tell them that you saw online that the moey factor for a 36 month with 15k miles is .00165, so it should be something more in line with that. good luck and let us know how it goes...

bob
  • osamaomarosamaomar Member Posts: 8
    My big questions is regarding the gas guzzler tax is this added to MSRP and is that new msrp what the residual value is calculated from? Or is the residual value calculated from the MSRP before the gas guzzler tax is added in?
    REad what I have found to be the correct money factor and residual for 15k mi per year. Does anyone have the residual for 12k mi per year? It is usually 2 to 3 percent higher but i dont know if that is true for chrysler products.

The money factors and residuals I have found are the following:

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 62% of MSRP – .00086 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 56% of MSRP – .00165 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 47% of MSRP – .00408 Base Money Factor Rate

You can use the following formula to calculate a lease payment:

(Capitalized Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Monthly Depreciation
    (Capitalized Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Monthly Interest
    Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Interest = Base Monthly Payment
  • osamaomarosamaomar Member Posts: 8
    Did i read this correctly? is the incentive on the 300C now 3000 dollars? Recently i heard it was 2000?

Thanks

Sam
    Sam,

I closed my deal on Wednesday night. I got a better money rate and and negotiated away the processing fee. This dropped my monthly payment down to $532. I love the car. Wow, what torque and luxury features.

And yes, I received the current $2,000 cashback bonus and an additional $1,000 cashback because the vehicle has been in the inventory for a while. I didn't get the exact time frame, but I believe this car was originally ordered sometime from Jan-Mar this year. It is the Jade Mist color. Apparently, these didn't sell well and now the color is not available for 2007. Of course, my wife and I love the color. It's really a shimmering jewel.

I forgot to ask: They had a Chrysler standard activation fee of $700 which is supposed to cover "price gap" insurance in case I total the car or some other calamity happens. That's the difference between the price of the car and the value that my car insurance will pay. I tried hard to talk them out of this, but they wouldn't budge the slightest. They warranted that Chrysler charges this fee for every 39 month lease in America. Is this true? I got them to agree to give me a refund if I get a different commitment from Chrysler somewhere.

Thanks to everyone for the very useful comments and advice.
    how much did you put down, and what were your money rate and cap cost?
    No money down. Just first months lease amount in advance.
    Money rate = .00215
  • tryingtolearntryingtolearn Member Posts: 5
    I am thinking of leasing a Chrysler 300C AWD. Here are the numbers:

MSRP $35,525
    39 month lease
    Residual value 56%, $19,894
    Capitalized Cost 32,380
    Term 39
    Lease Money Factor 0.00215
    Rebates 3,000
    Total Add Caps $1106.20, supposedly $750 for Chrysler Finance and the rest for D&H
    Adjusted Cap Cost $31,094.93
    Total Sales Tax $1357.98
    Base Monthly Rental $396.83
    Amount Due at Start $3000 (this is the rebate)
    Total Monthly Payments $426.99 (includes sales tax)

Does this lease make any sense?
    Is it a good value?
    Any negotiating points to make it an even better value?

Thanks, I would appreciate your help.
    Hi 2000blk. Through November 6th, Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00086 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00165 and 56%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 lease cash that is currently available on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi christiands. The money factor that you were quoted, .00086, is right in line with Chrysler Financial's current buy rate for this car. It is pretty attractive, it is equivalent to an interest rate of around 2%. The fact that you are able to purchase this car through DaimlerChrysler's employee purchase program means that you are getting a good deal on it. I am not sure how much of an additional discount you are getting for the fact that this car already has 6,500 miles on it though. I usually find that dealers are not willing to provide enough of a discount on demos for me to personally justify purchasing one over an equivalent brand new car. Here we're talking about $28 a month less for the demo. The difference in payment would make me seriously consider the demo, but you really can't go wrong with either car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi stargazer5. The fact that this car is eligible for $3,000 in cash incentives means that you are getting a dealer discount of $1,482 on it. This is still well over $1,000 over dealer invoice. DaimlerChrysler has been in the news a lot lately because it and its dealers have an oversupply of 2006 models. Given the difficulty that its dealers are having selling its leftover models, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to get a larger discount than this on this car. Try shopping around with a couple of other dealers or haggling more with this one to see if you can beat this price, I would not be surprised if you can. Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. If you qualify for its top credit tier, Chrysler Financial's current 36 month buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 Chrysler 300C 2WD is only .00165. Make sure that you don't pay any more than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi osamaomar. I am not sure if gas guzzler tax is included in vehicles' MSRPs when their residual values are calculated. My guess is that it is not, but I am not 100% positive. Chrysler Financial's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual for 24 month terms and 2% higher for 36 and 48 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you read is correct, Sam. Through November 6th, DaimlerChrysler is providing $2,000 lease cash on all 2006 Chrysler 300C models. There is an additional $1,000 incentive on units that have been in dealer inventory April 1st or earlier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tryingtolearn. First let's take a look at this car's selling price. Is the capitalized cost that you were quoted, $32,380, before the subtraction of the $3,000 in cash incentives or does this number already take the three grand into account? I ask because if this is before the cash is taken into account, it is a pretty good price, if not then it is a terrible price.

Now let's take a look at the money factor that you were quoted. Through November 6th, Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier is only .00175. The factor that you were quoted is higher than this. If your credit is in good shape, this likely means that the dealer you are working with is trying to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this car's buy rate to calculate its lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mrdriftymrdrifty Member Posts: 7
    Dear Car_Man,

I received the following proposal:

MSRP $46,745
    36 month lease
    15,000 miles per year
    SRT OPTION GROUP 1&2
    Residual value 47%, $20,181
    Cap Cost $42,939
    Lease Money Factor 0.00165

Drive off costs $1811 (includes the following)
    1st month $759.68
    Fee & Ins $371.75
    Upfront taxes $55.28
    Cap reduction (cash) $625

Tax Rate 8.25%

Total monthly payment: $759

Checking your previous responses, the money factor looks okay, but the residual is too low. Your advice would be greatly appreciated whether or not this is a good deal. Many thanks!
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    That monthly payment is insanely high. Also, with the $2000 - $3000 rebate on that car, you should get it at around $39000. I just got a quote on the exact same vehicle at the following:

MSRP - $46745
    Cap Cost - $39000
    Residual (3 year, 12K miles per year) - 58%
    Money Factor - .00165

Based on the above, my payment is less than $500/month with NO money down. There are a TON of these SRT8's left, don't pay anything over $39000. Check on EBay; they are going for thousands under Invoice.
    Dear Andre1,

Thank you so very much for the feedback (and quick too)! Is the dealer that quoted you in the Los Angeles area? If so, I would like to call them.

Thanks again.
    Mrdrifty,
    Unfortunately, the dealer I quoted is on the east coast, so I'm not sure about west coast dealers. But, you should still get the payment much closer to $500/month. Check on carmax.com. They have new 300C SRT8's at their LA dealer for $7000 off MSRP. And you can lease from them also. Print it out and force your local dealer to match the CarMax no-hassle price.
    Too bad. I will check out carmax. Thank you again andre1!
  • tryingtolearntryingtolearn Member Posts: 5
    Are these the current lease numbers for Chrysler 300C AWD or did they change?
    i.e. Lease Cash / Rebate = $3000
    Money Factor = 0.0165
    36 months, residual = 56% for 15,000 miles
    Thanks...
    Also what is the markup, i.e. is it reasonable to negotiate invoice price and then apply the lease cash to a lease.
    Thanks
  • kdckurtkdckurt Member Posts: 6
    Could you please verify some numbers for me.

2006 300C 36 month lease
    MSRP $35350
    Net cap cost: $30362 (includes $3000 rebate)
    Upfront: $767
    12000 miles per year
    Residual: 56%
    money factor: .00203
    Payment of $395

Also, I see that they are making me prepay and finance the up front sales tax on the entire deal. is this normal?

Thanks
    Car_Man,
    On another site, I found reference to Chrysler offering $2000 customer cash (Type 1, program 74C61) and $2000 lease cash (Type L, program 74L61) on all remaining 2006 300C (including the SRT-8). Can both of these be used on a lease for this vehicle? Thanks.
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    I have been in the process of searching for an SRT-8. I am on the West coast of Florida. A previous subscriber stated there are a lot of these left on lots. Let me tell you this is 100% true. One dealer in Orlando has 15 06's left. Most dealers I have researched have 3 to 6 of these units left. They seem to be ready to deal. $2K rebate + $1k Old Age Unit Rebate. $1K Chrysler Financial money went away.

My question is are the residual values for this car still at 56% for 36 months (15K) and are the monet factors at .00165? Thanks
    The link below has the rates for the SRT-8 slightly changed in November to 55% residual and .00163 money factor. Also, you should easily get $7000 off MSRP on the 300C SRT-8 when all rebates are factored in. CarMax new cars has some of them at almost $8000 off MSRP.

link title
    Just was quoted today 39 months 15k - 54% and money factor of .00175 on SRT-8? I told the salesman this factor seemed high as I had seen it at .00163. He said that is what it is. Any suggestions?
    Also.....payment I was quoted by dealer was much higher than what I had figured with the Edmunds lease calculator. I have not seen the paper work yet however. Do these dealers figure things diffferenly when they figure a lease? I would assume the Edmunds calculator must be fairly accurate?
    cwa318,
    I'm not sure if the 39 month rates are different than the 36 month rates, but I would recommend only the 24 or 36 month lease. Look at the link from my previous post. The 36 month rate for 15K miles per year is 55% residual (57 % for 12K miles) and money factor of .00163. With the number of rebates on this vehicle, you should get the payment below $500 with NO money down. If your dealer doesn't give you this rate, they are marking it up to make more profit. In that case, go to another dealer. There are hundreds of these SRT-8's left and Chrysler is desperate to sell them before shipping the 2007 versions.
  • kurthenningkurthenning Member Posts: 3
    I am purchasing a 2006 300C SRT8. MSRP 46050

please provide a source for the 8000 discount.

Is this a good guesss?
    2000 customer cash.
    1000 old inventory cash.
    3000 off msrp.
    1500 estimated hold back

thanks