Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Lease Questions

Comments

• xcarguyxcarguy Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_Man:

Received your info and appreciate all the help. I was wondering if you had the rate/residual for a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year.

I should have my re-purchase finished in the next week or so and will be off to another local dealer to see what we might be able to put together.

I did stop by my other local dealer and drove the 300C the other day. I was rather impressed with it. In fact I thought it drove a lot better than my M45. Much smoother and more comfortable.

If you thought the $3000.00 was unbelievable, they had a $10,000.00 dealer market adjustment on any of their SRT8 models. I just laughed at the salesmen.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome Paul. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00216 and 58%, respectively. When negotiating your deal on this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is providing a $1,000 bonus on '06 300s leased through Chrysler Financial this month. DaimlerChrysler is also providing some aggressive dealer cash on most models in February, so dealers should be anxious to strike a deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

P.S. I got a good laugh about the $10,000 market adjustment on the SRT8 HA :surprise:
  • sah2sah2 Member Posts: 10
    Thought I would post my experience. Entered a dealership with knowledge gained from this site...thank you car_man! I was looking at the following vehicles:
    -Saab 9-3 & 9-5 (I had been in Saabs since 1999)
    -Infiniti G35 Sedan
    -Lincoln LS
    -300C

After much review, test driving, and negotiating, the best bang for the buck was the 300C in my estimation. I have had the car for 3 weeks and absolutely love everything about it. The only downside is that I was unsuccessful in getting the maintenance thrown into the lease(all Saab maintenance is included).

So here is the final:
    -Able to utilize DCX EC#
    -3 year / 15k miles per year
    -$453/month with $1500 total at drive off, including taxes.

-300C has everything except nav system...previous experience with and novelty wears off very quickly.

Thank you Edmunds...far and away the best tool on the 'net!
  • genie0120genie0120 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man I need your help! I am from Pittsburgh PA and spent the whole day today trying to run numbers with a dealer to lease the 2006 300 Touring AWD. (it is not the "C" or SRT8) Quote price was 32,205 with a "selling" price of $30,900 (claiming that was their invoice price and that is what they would sell it to me for)

36 months lease, 12,000 miles, $700.00 down (just for first month, tax, etc) came out to $539 including taxes. After reading,,,I feel a little beat! (I was seconds from taking the car home,,glad I didnt!) Can you please calculate this for me and see what you come up with!

Thanks for your help!
    G
  • radar521radar521 Member Posts: 2
    CarMan, learning alot reading this site. 2006 300C AWD 5.7, Invoice $40,254, dealer goes to $37,400, 36 mos, 12K, I want to put inception costs down only. Can I expect to lower sales price further or is that unrealistic? What would be the residual & money factor if I purchase by 2/26/06? Dealer is loaded with cars, showroom under construction, doesn't have my color but for the right deal I would choose my second. Thanks.
  • radar521radar521 Member Posts: 2
    CarMan, can you tell me what the residual value is 58% of on the 300C AWD 5.7, 36 month lease. Is it MSRP including options or Invoice including options? Currently have offer of $505.16 x 36 months, $1000 out of pocket to cover 1st month, reg, plates, all taxes included. Wondering how RV percentage was calculated to arrive at the actual RV. Thanks
    You're very welcome, sah2. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this car for you, genie0120. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring AWD with an MSRP of $32,205 and a selling price of $30,900 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $459. As you can see, the payment that I came up with is quite a bit lower than the one you were quoted, even if it includes tax. Make sure that the dealer you are working with is using a money factor of .00241 to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you have learned so much by visiting this site, radar521. If I am reading your post correctly, you are getting this car for several thousand dollars below dealer invoice. If this is the case and you didn't mislabel the MSRP as the invoice price, you are getting a very good deal and I doubt that you will be able to get a better price than this. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00216 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey radar521. Vehicles' residual values are always a percentage of their full MSRP, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any factory-installed options. A few banks, like Toyota Financial Services have strange residualization policies, but this is how it works with most captive finance companies, including Chrysler Financial.

Car_man
    Host
  • fredg5fredg5 Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan - you're the best answering all these questions!

Can you answer one for me? I'm looking at a 300C AWD for 15k miles, 36 months in the Philadelphia area. What kind of money factor and residual should I be expecting?

Thanks!
    fredg5
  • fredg5fredg5 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan -
    My dealer gave me a quote of 36 months, 56% residual, and a .00246 Money factor with a payment of $642 on a 300C AWD with an MSRP of 41310, with a cap cost of 39005. How does that sound?

Thanks again for all your help!
    Hi Rick. I have a very good idea of what DaimlerChrysler's lease program is like on this car in your area right now. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be in the 300C that you are interested in for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate MSRP and selling price for it as well as tell me how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know and I'll work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. I have deleted your post because it contained personal information including your e-mail address and telephone number. Community members are not allowed to post information like that in this forum.
    Thanks fredg5. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 53%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing a $1,000 bonus on leases of it through Chrysler Financial.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fredg5. A base 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD has a spread of around $2,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of around $2,300 on the car that you are considering. This looks like a great price at first, but one has to take the $1,000 bonus that DaimlerChrysler is providing on leases of this car through Chrysler Financial into account. In reality, this cash makes your car's price more than $1,000 over dealer invoice, which is decent but not great. Also, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 Chrysler 300C AWD is only .00219. The dealer that you are working with may be trying to mark this car's money factor up a little bit to add some additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • sofakingcoolsofakingcool Member Posts: 15
    Carman,
    Can you please provide me with the April money factor and residual for the 300C 2wd? From looking at this forum discussion, it doesn't seem like many people lease this car. Why is that?
    Here you go. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C 2WD through DaimlerChrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15k miles/year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 56%, respectively. It's difficult to say why so few people lease this car. It could be that it's lease program isn't that great. It's not bad, but I bet if you compared it to the programs of some similarly priced cars you might find that it is not as attractive.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. When negotiating your lease on this car, don't forget to take the $1,000 bonus for deals through Chrysler Financial into account.
  • jaypsjayps Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man, I've read through the board and have learned a great deal from your comments but am also hoping you will confirm what I think I already know.

I was at our Chrysler dealer here in CT this morning looking at a 300C. First let me say I really like the car. I had a 300M a few years back and although I didn't like the new 300 at first, it has grown on me.

In any case, the lease deal quoted to me is as follows: This is for a 300C AWD. MSRP came to 37,730, Sale price 35,730 (the sale price includes the current Chrysler incentive of 1000 plus another 1000 off from the dealer. For a 36 mos lease, 15000 mi/yr, and zero down, they quoted 627/mo.

What do you think? How does this stack up?

Many thanks in advance!
  • thesonxthesonx Member Posts: 1
    I am way over my miles on my Acura TL with 3 payments left. I was trying to get someone to eat my final payments if I leased a new car from them. My plan has not worked so far. I am looking at an 06 TL or a 300C. My family has a relationship with a Chrysler dealership and thought I could get a good deal on the 300. I was quoted around $600 a month/39 and 15,000 with $2000 out of pocket. I told the guy I would probably just get the Acura. He called me today and told me that the rebate on the 300 will soon be changing from $1000 to $3500 soon and that will drastically lower the payments. Has anyone heard about the incentives changing? or is the salesman just trying to stall me from buying the other car? Thanks.
  • delagarzadelagarza Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman:
    I just read on this website that the 5.7 Hemi 300C has a lease special going on right now at $399 per mo, which sounds great except that the offer is for a "plain" 300C, and I kinda have my heart set on the Hertiage edition. Can I still apply the same residual and money factor for the Hertiage edition as for the base 300C under this new factory offer? And if so, how much more should I expect to pay for this upgrade? I looked at Chrysler's website and its didn't say anything other than there is $1000 cashback. And, the last poster on this blog said the rebate on the 300 is going up. Any truth to that? Lastly, my current car lease isn't due to end for another 6 months, and I have no problem paying to get out early, but should I roll those 6 mos payment into my new lease? Thanks for your help. :confuse:
    Hi delagarza. I believe that the Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition has the exact same lease program available on it as the base 300C does. The exact impact that this package will have on your car's lease payment will depend upon its MSRP and how much you pay for it. If you provide me with the full MSRP and an approximate selling price for the exact 300 that you want, as you want it equipped, I would be happy to estimate what its lease payment should be for you. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on 2006 Chrysler 300 models that are financed or leased through Chrysler Financial. It also is providing $500 dealer cash on all 2006 models right now. Make sure to take both of these incentives into account when making your offer. These incentives are currently scheduled to run through July 5th, so I don't anticipate any enhancements to the 300's incentives before then. Even after that date, I would be fairly surprised if the incentives on it went up. DaimlerChrysler's offers on the 300 have been consistently at this level for a while now. Of course, it is difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future incentives. You can roll out six remaining lease payments into the capitalized cost of your new lease if you want to, but if you do keep in mind that not only will you be wasting money by paying to get out of your current lease early, but you will have to pay interest on that money as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • apoptoticapoptotic Member Posts: 2
    I currently have an offer from a local dealer for a lease of a Brilliant Black Chrysler 300c. With an MSRP of $34,300 and a 39 month lease for $400.70+TAX/month. The down side is they want $2,000 down utilizing the $1,000 incentive through Chrysler. Is this a fair deal?
  • payday11payday11 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 300C with an MSRP of $36,475 and a sale price of $33806. Money factor being quoted is .0266. For a 39 month lease, with 21K miles per year, they're quoting $609. I saw in an above post that Chrysler's money rate was currently .00219. How much more is the dealer making on the back end here?
  • apoptoticapoptotic Member Posts: 2
    I was given a money factor of 0.00226 with a 56% residual yesturday. Hope this helps.
    Hi apoptotic. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello payday11. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Chrysler 300C is .00226. It does appear as though the dealer you are working with is marking this car's money factor up. Make sure to insist that they use the .00226 factor to calculate your car's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Car_Man,
    On Edmunds.com, the 300C is listed as having a lease special through Chrysler. Before I go to the dealer to inquire, can you give me the residual and money factor for the 2006 300C for the following. This will allow me to ensure the dealer is using the correct rates. Also, does the $1000 rebate still apply if I use Chrysler to finance?

15,000 miles for 24 and 36 months
    12,000 miles for 24 and 36 months

Thanks!
  • minarets1minarets1 Member Posts: 49
    $35,550 300c

$299/month
    63 month lease
    5k down
    .0029 money factor
    leasy buy out 34% of msrp

thanks for the help
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    HORRIBLE!

Why on earth would you want to rent a car for over 5 years? Most smart shoppers tell you to not even finance a car for that long, and you want to rent one at that pace?

What happens when it breaks while out of warranty? Now you are paying to fix a car that you are renting.

And putting $5k down? What happens if it gets totalled 2 months from now? You are out $5k and have no car.

Big down payments should be reserved for financing, not leasing. Leases should be kept to 36 months or less, 48 if you REALLY must. But definitely not out of warranty.

If you are simply shopping payment and need a $300 car, then the 300C is too much car for you to afford. Find something more in line with your budget.

I apologize for the bluntness, but I'm just trying to help you avoid a mistake.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• mental8ymental8y Member Posts: 1
    Car-Man, Do you know what the money factor on the 300C SRT8 is right now? I am getting a quote from the dealership of .00275.
    Hey andre1. If you are still interested, here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler 300C 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00281 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00251 and 54%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher for the 24 month term and 2% higher for the 36 month term. DaimlerChrysler replaced the $1,000 Chrysler Financial bonus that was available on this car in June with the ability to purchase it at its employee purchase price, which essentially amounts to invoice minus dealer holdback.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi minarets1. I completely agree with qbrozen. 63 months is way too long to lease a vehicle for and $5,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. Ideally you would lease this car for 36 to 39 months and not make any capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Car_Man,
    You stated that the money factor on a 2006 300C SRT8 is .00251. What is the residual for 36 months for 12k and 15K miles per year on this vehicle? Thanks again!
  • baymanbayman Member Posts: 5
    I know some of the imports like Audi do leases for their CPO cars. Does Chrysler do this for CPO 300? Does anyone offer leases on used Chryslers.
    Hi andre1. Yes, that is the correct money factor for this car. Chrysler Financial's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2006 300C 2WD is 54%. The 12,000 miles per year residual for an otherwise identical lease would be 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bayman. While a number of other luxury automakers, like BMW, Mercedes, and Audi, have lease programs on CPO vehicles I do not recall ever seeing a special lease program for CPO Chryslers. If you want to lease a used one, you probably would have to do so through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • baymanbayman Member Posts: 5
    CarMan
    Thanks for the used info. I am looking at new one instead. What are the residual and money factor for a base 300 for a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year? Are the numbers different for a Touring vs. Base?

Thanks.
  • ocgeezerocgeezer Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

I was just quoted this deal tonight in Costa Mesa, CA and I was wondering if it was a deal:

300C with sunroof option
    MSRP: $35680 (from Edmunds)
    Dealer quote: $31396
    12,000 miles
    39 mos
    $4000 trade-in for my 2000 Audi A4
    Monthly payment: $288 + $22tax = $304/mo

I didn't get the money factor nor the residual value. If I can get rid of my Audi for $4000, I'd be happy since it's not in the best of conditions. Or should I put less down towards the 300C? Thanks for your help!
    wow. that's a sweet ride for $300 per month. I had no idea they were discounting the C that much these days. I guess gas prices must be hurting sales.

Let's see... $4k down makes a difference probably in the neighborhood of $120 per month. I might be inclined to split that, myself. Make the payment $360'ish and take a $2k check home with ya.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Indeed, that is a sweet ride for $300. After doing some research, I realized that it's too nice to pass up. So I went back to the dealer. But I was informed that they had actually "miscalculated" the first time. They included additional deposit (that I hadn't planned on putting down). I'm not sure whether they attempted to scam me or not. So after all is said and done, they came back with a quote of $400.

QUESTION: If everything's the same from my previous post, how good is the deal then at $400? Thanks for your help.
    tough to tell without knowing the money factor and residual.

• nottheonenottheone Member Posts: 2
    Car - 2006 300C Heritage Edition

MSRP $36,395 Employee price $32,727
    12000/ miles yr
    Residule 56%/39 months, 57% 36 months
    Money factor .003 for both 36 and 39 months
    $700 acquistion fee

I see in a previous post, that a .00251 lease rate was the going rate. Did things change in Aug?? since I'm being quoted .003?? Or is the dealer just looking to make some extra money.

Also, $700 seems pretty high for acquistion fee. Whats everyone else paying??

Any additional incentives I should be looking for??

Thanks
    nottheone,

I was also quoted $700 for acquisition and $45 for doc fees for a 300C. The money factor I was quoted was .00255 for 39 mos. I'm not sure whether the Heritage Edition is different or whether the dealer is looking to make extra money. Just ask him. I got multiple quotes and I called one of the dealer out on it when he quoted me .00295. And he admitted that he was trying to make a few extra bucks off of me. I realize they're in business to make money so it wasn't a big deal to me. But I think getting different quotes from different dealers really helps.

Here's the latest quote I received for my 300C with sunroof:

MSRP: $35680
    Price: $31000
    Acquisition: $700, doc fee: $45
    Residual: 55% = $19624
    Money factor: .00255
    12K miles
    $3004 down
    Monthly payment: $354.31 + tax = $382/mo

That's a huge discount. I'm probably going to take it.
    I just bought my 300C tonight and I want to thank everyone in this forum. I've learned so much! Here's the details of my lease if anyone wants to get an idea what the market conditions are like here in Southern California.

Silver 300C
    Sunroof, adjustable break pedals, 1 year Sirius
    MSRP $35,750
    Price $31,087
    Down payment $3,533.41 (they ended up giving me more for my Audi)
    Acquisition $700
    Money factor .00255
    Residual (55%) $19,662.50
    Monthly payment = $342.46 + $26.64 (tax) = $369/mo

Hope that helps someone. I love this car!
    interesting that your quoted residual is 2 points higher than ocgeezer's. I wonder why that is. Normally, that difference would be miles or navigation, but you were both quoted for 12k miles and ocgeezer does not mention Nav.

Your money factor CAN depend on your credit, too. So, if you have less than good credit, that could account for the .003 MF.

I suggest using that purchase price and getting a quote from a bank or credit union.

• nottheonenottheone Member Posts: 2
    After checking around, I determined that the first dealer must have smoked his lunch. Current rates on 300C are:

(12,000 miles/yr)
    36/months Rate .00251 Residual 56%
    39/months Rate .00255 Residual 55%
  • polara60polara60 Member Posts: 9
    Car man

In advance let me thank you for your help! Here is my deal at the moment. The car price with a 12.5% discount off list I know is good but I need to round this lease into shape:

300C Heritage Edition
    MSRP $40,375
    Emp Price $35,344
    39 Month
    18,000 mi/yr- Need that kind of miles/yr
    Money Factor 00344- How can you push this down?
    Residual .50102- Is this right with a 58.5m mile cap?
    Disposition Fee $425- Assume you can work this?

This has all been done to date via the internet. This is a big all brands total Chrysler Dealer.
    if you want to lower the money factor, try a local bank or your credit union. I would get a quote from the bank and ask the dealer to beat it.

• polara60polara60 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks...so has anyone used www.leasecompare.com? Thoughts?

TIA!
    You're welcome, bayman. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 Chrysler 300 with 12,000 miles per year are .00324 and 57%, respectively. In addition, you will be able to purchase this car through DaimlerChrysler's "Employee Pricing Plus" program. The lease program is different for the Touring model. Its numbers for an otherwise identical lease are .00259 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum