Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks again for answering my post. Call the Chrysler Rebate Center at 1-800-227-0757 and ask for the current rebates on Town and Country Touring. They will ask you your zip code to find the rebates and incentive for your region (these vary). If you do not qualify for the $1000 owner loyalty but the conquest cash of $750., it would appear that you should get $2750. They are currently offering $1500 plus $500 bonus cash. If there is an auto show in your region, you would get another $500. The Auto Show for my region is in Cleveland, 200 miles from me, but I qualify anyway.

Did you mean that they would take $4400 off the Dealer invoice or the MSRP. Dealer Invoice for your van is in the upper $29000 range. The other factors, of course are the money factor and residual. By law, I believe that they are supposed to show you all factors up front. None of my dealers did. Your trade and paying off your old van will complicate matters, so it is difficult to campare your deal with mine. You should also ask about the Conquest cash ($750). I was told that I would qualify for that if I were leaving a Ford, Chevrolet, or any other brand and going into a Chrysler vehicle. As I said in an earlier post, one person in the rebate center told me that I qualified for both the Owner loyalty and conquest cash. The second call I made the another person told me that I did not qualify. It would seem that even though you have a Dodge you are staying with a Chrysler product and that would count for owner loyalty.

I also hate trading as your husband does. It is hard to nail down all these things when you receive conflicting stories. I am sure you also know that there are three base Town and Country Touring prices out there. The new ones coming in reflect a $610 price increase over those that were built early in the model year. These prices are $27,700, $27,895 and $28,310. This is base before any options, but is reflected in the MSRP.. Good luck Let us know how things work out.
  • mommyof4nemommyof4ne Member Posts: 10
    In our area--there is only the $1500 lease cash and $750 for current owners. We are looking at the $28310 plus the L pkg.... $32500. Yes, the $4300 is below invoice not MSRP.

I will let you know --how the deal works out. Thanks for the advice and information.
    Thanks again for your reply. Go on Chrysler's own website and click on the T&C then Build one. After you have built it with the L package to the right they will show the sticker and at the bottom they show the New Day Package discount of $1525. They also show the $1500 rebate and below it $500 bonus cash. To my knowledge the bonus cash is not regional and you should qualify for it. They do not show the owner loyalty or conquest cash there since the person using this build site might not be a Chrysler owner. Will look forward to seeing your deal. That discount you are getting below invoice is fabulous.
    Thanks for the additional information... but we only qualify for 1500 +750.
    I had a 2006 Caravan that they paid off completely--trying to figure out if they put money back into my residual or payment?

Here is how it went down---I think we still got a decent deal, but the finance guy talked in circles.

$28349+700(acquisition fee)=29049.58-2250(our rebates)=$26799.58
    They have our residual value at 17866.30 (seems high to me)

My payments are $329+23.04(sales tax)

What do you think?
    Oh yeah... my price under invoice should have been $25425...he told me all the fees for lease included made it the $26799... does that sound right?
    I am getting my van today. Will post the figures later. It is hard for me to compare with you since you had a trade. Your monthly payment is much lower than mine. Sounds like you got a good deal. I really don't understand how they got the $26799 fees. I have had so many figures that I am now getting confused.
    I guess I already signed on the dotted line... so I need to stop worrying about the numbers and just enjoy the vehicle. The kids love it....I think everyone in a 3 block radius could hear them when they saw the van last night. Power doors is new to me.. I keep starting the van -instead of opening a door. :shades: I will have to get those buttons figured out.

It will take me the length of the lease to figure out how to work My Gig, etc...

Let me know your numbers.

Thanks
    I signed yesterday and did not get to give you my figures last night. Enjoy your van . Thats what I plan to do. I am still not sure that I got the best deal. Will give you more complete figures later.

T&C Touring Signature Edtion (New Day Package) with L options, also Serus Backseat TV (which I did not want)
    MSRP $34165
    - $1525 discount for New Day Package (DVD)
    final MSRP $32640

36 months, 15,000 miles per year, Monthly payment $394.32
    $766.82 paid at delivery, which included first months payment, taxes on the rebates and incentives and $75 document, transfer fees etc.

I got credit for $4250 in rebates and incentives as follows:

$1500 rebate
    500 bonus cash
    1,000 owner loyalty
    500 auto show discount
    750 conquest cash

Total rebates and incentives $4250.

It would seem to me that my dealer did not discount much, but just gave me credit for the Chrysler rebates.

I got quotes from 5 dealers and this was the best. Had no luck in getting a quote by e-mail or phone. Those that I requested a quote from contacted me, and either called or e-mailed me without a quote. I went to each dealership in person.

I found this experience very frustrating since I received a lot of misinformation or not enough information. I also found a difference in the money factor. I will post all of my offers soon.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,936
    just got a mailer from my dealer. I'm confused on so many levels. First, it lists a T&C SE "New Day" model for $199/36 mos with $1995 due at signing. This seems remarkably cheap, especially when looking at some of the prices posted here.

2nd, just what is this model? This exact terminology is listed nowhere on the Chrysler site that I can find. I'm ASSUMING it is referring to the Signature Series Value Package. But I really don't know for sure. The mailer does not list an MSRP or cap cost or any of that important information. Simply that its for this model for 36 mos for 10,500 miles per year.

Now, I would want to get a higher mileage lease... and maybe that's where they "get ya"? Does anyone, by any chance, know all of the details of this lease deal? I'm interested in the residual percentage for 10,500, as well as 15k and 18k per year. How about the money factor?

I'm also confused about the rebates. The mailer states they will pay 3 months of our remaining payments on our Pacifica lease, but this takes the place of a loyalty rebate. Considering the loyalty rebate is $1k and 3 of our payments would be over $1400, it seems like a good trade-off. But is this an accurate assessment?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I can understand why you are confused. I did a lot of research and still felt that way. I will try to answer some of your questions.
    First the T&C Special Edition New Day Package. They have had special editions before usually referred to as the Walter P. Chrysler Special Edition. The 05 T&C I am replacing had it, but then it included sun roof, navigation and DVD all at a really good price reduction. They are now calling this the New Day Package, which gives you a discount off the MSRP of $1525 for the DVD. This will show up on the sticker by reducing the final MSRP. I thought that this was all the package included, but found out that it also has the following: Deluxe center console, better EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) with controls on the steering wheel. Walter P Chrysler Badging on the side. Some dealers told me that there existing T&C Tourings were Special Edition by deducting the $1525 for the DVD. The better console and steering wheel controls were important to me and I held out for a "true" New Day Package. They can not make a "New Day" out of one that was not built that way.

Your mailer price sounds almost too good to be true. They do make some of it up by allowing only 10,500 miles per year and the $1995 down. Ask them to give you a quote for 15,000 miles. They like to play around with the money up front to reduce the cap cost. Typical money out of pocket should be about $750. This would include tax on the rebates and incentives, first months payment and document fees.

If they pay 3 months remaining for you then that sounds like a good deal. Better than taking the loyalty rebate.

As to money factor and residual, they will not give you that unless you ask. I went to six dealers and had to request it from each of them. Then I found out that the money factor varied. I believe that there is a law on car leasing that requires dealers to disclose certain information such as this. In the "real world" out there I found out that all they wanted to give me was the length of the lease the monthly payment and amount due at signing. I was never given a breakdown of how they arrived at the final captalized cost, which would have included the Chrysler rebates and incentives and the dealer discount.

I believe that if you go on Chryslers website and click on T&C , you will get some information on the "New Day Package".

Good luck.
    thanks for your help, fred.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling I have to just go to the dealer and work things out there. Which isn't a smart buying move, typically, but it seems Chrysler has sufficiently muddied the waters to the point that you have no other choice.

The package is still really confusing only because it has a different name on my mailer and on the website. The only thing on the website that indicates "New Day" is the logo. Once you click on T&C, you get this: "You talk. We listen. Chrysler Town & Country Signature Series Value Package is now equipped with a no extra charge Dual DVD Rear Entertainment System ($1,525 value)"

Sooo... nowhere does it say "Special Edition" or "SE" and nowhere does it say "New Day Package." I am just waiting for them to say "Oh, that means an LX model."

Oh, and there is no moonroof listed. Is it true that the moonroof can only be had on the Limited model??

And I should look for steering wheel controls and deluxe center console. Thanks for the tip. How does that console differ from a normal one, though? Just so I know what to look for.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Well, I called the dealership to get a few more details. He confirmed that this is the signature series model and the numbers provided are correct ($1999 down $199/mo). He also informed me that changing the mileage would equate to a $10/mo bump to 12k miles and another $12 to 15k. So for about $23-$24 more per month, we could get 15k per year. Doc fee is $195. He said nothing of a bank fee or security deposit. I think usually sec deposits are waived for returning lessees, though.

SOOOO... now we're talking $2194 due at signing and $223/mo+tax for 3yr/15k lease on the Sig Series.

Extras added to this particular deal would be what we owe on our Pacifica. They are paying 3 of the remaining 6 payments, leaving us with ~$1440 to pay. What I still don't know, however, is what other fees would be tacked on to ending that lease. Do they still charge the lease end fee of $350? Will they hit us for any excess wear and tear? These are questions yet to be answered.

I know it is advised not to put money down on a lease. We will think about that. But I'm not completely against it because I don't agree with the reasoning ... to an extent. Folks say don't do it because if the car is totalled, you lose that money. Well, the same holds true of financing, yet it is advised to put down as much as possible. Hmmmm... Like I said, though, that is to an extent. I know you could get SOME of your money back in the financing situation, if you put enough down. But depreciation (and tax) still rears its ugly head and you will be out several thousand dollars. So I see nothing wrong with putting a couple grand down on a lease.

Anyhooo... I told him we'd be down Saturday morning to check out the vehicle and, if we like it, talk further.

Hi abrozen
    Sounds like you really have a great deal. I am paying $394 per moth for 15k per year with $750 out of pocket. I did get Sirus TV , which is 495. It was on the T&C with the color I wanted and was hard to find in my area.

As to It's A New Day signature package, if you go on Chrysler.com. Then click on the picture of the Town and Country. The next page will bring up a full picture of the T&C at the top. Below it are three small pictures with other features. On the left it mentions the It's a New Day Package. In the middle below the picture it says features: That list describes the package. Some things on there are standard like stow and go and leather. Two things I forgot to mention in my previous post were the remote start and EVIC with tire pressure monitoring. You would get tire pressure monitoring as standard, but this is the better one that tells you the inflation of each tire. The standard only indicates that you have a low tire. As to the Premium console , when you see the standard there is no comparison. We just returned from a 1400 mile trip and loved the console. It slides back so second seat passengers can use the cup holders. That is the top part. The entire console will also slide back. As to the better EVIC, as I said it is controlled from steering wheel. With the Basic EVIC you have to reach through the steering wheel to the instrument panel to operate it.

I believe also that they do not offer the New day package on the LE or bottom model. I have only seen it on the Touring with the L package. As I said before make sure they don't try to sell you a Touring with DVD and deduct the $1525 and call it a New Day package. I had a couple of dealers who tried that.

I would go for this if it as they say it is. Where do you live? I would have driven a distance to get a deal like that.

Good luck. As to a fee at end of lease, that is waived if you are leasing another Chrysler Vehicle. I don't know what they will be doing in three years. As to putting money down on a lease, I would not worry about that. It is just reducing the cap cost to make the monthly payments lower. I always just figure what the total cost will be over the life of the lease. That would include any money down and total payments. Mine comes to $4,846 per year. You will be less than that. Since they are paying off three months of your Pacifica, I really don't know how they are able to give you such a good deal. The $4,846 per year includes $400 state tax.
    thanks again, Fred.
    My wife is heading over there now just to see if she even likes the vehicle. I told her to make sure it is a signature series and ask them once again if this is the vehicle they are offering to us for $1999 down and $199/mo.

If everything checks out on her end tonight, I'll be heading over there tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. It just seems like it is too good to be true.

• bobtnjbobtnj Member Posts: 7
    Could you share the dealer / Salesman's name?

Thanks.

BOBTNJ@AOL.COM
    not allowed to share salesman's name.
    Dealer is Seaview Chrysler in Eatontown, NJ.

OK.... so my wife went there Friday night and drove the vehicle. She liked it. So we went together Saturday. I drove it. Thought it was pretty nice. We liked the gadgets. So we went in to discuss the numbers.

This, of course, as I suspected, is where it fell apart. Now, I can't completely blame them. For one, I did not think of all the angles. ALSO, a big big mistake on my part is that I misread the ad. The $199/mo with $1999 down was for a DODGE!! Dumb on my part? Yes. But, at the same time, I can't help but wonder why in the world I would get an ad from a Chrysler dealer that included a BS lease number for a Dodge. The sales manager admitted it was deceiving. Here the picture was of a T&C, the ad had the name of their Chrysler dealership at the top, yet the fine print stated Dodge Grand Caravan SE New Day edition.

The angle I missed was the shuffling of the rebates. Whereas I was giving up the $1k loyalty rebate in exchange for $1500 off my current lease contract, the advertised lease deal included $1k off for loyalty. SO, if I wanted that advertised number, I needed to come up with the difference since my loyalty was going towards my current lease. Seems obvious now, but I just didn't see through the smoke and mirrors clearly.

Anyway, long story short, while I was a bit peeved, it was mostly at myself. I mean, I knew it sounded too good to be true. I do fault them for not clarifying sooner. I never hid the ad. When I called, I stated the terms. I said this was on a signature series and its $1999 down and $199/mo. Salesman checked with the manager, called me back, and said the ad was accurate. So that was really just a flat out lie or stupidity on their part. But, putting that aside, they really did try to make the deal happen with the real-world numbers. And we wound up not all too far apart in the end. I believe it was around $4k down and $329/mo, if I'm not mistaken (and, let's not forget, over $2k of that was going toward our current lease, so if that was out of the equation, we're talking about $1700-$1800 down and $329/mo on a sig series, if I'm not mistaken). So, really, about $80/mo more than I expected based on the ad (which was for a Dodge, anyway).

The end result is that my wife likes the vehicle and wants one. Which is a good thing. I've been trying to get her in a minivan for a LONG time, and she just keeps insisting on SUVs. So, I believe when our lease is nearly up in Aug or Sep, if the rebates are decent, we should be able to lease a T&C for the price we are after.

• aunixguruaunixguru Member Posts: 3
    Taking delivery of an ordered T&C Signature next week.

Can you let me know what the current money factor and residual's are for this vehicle?

Thank You.
  • ldunk99ldunk99 Member Posts: 1
    Any idea if Chrylser has a pull ahead program for a GM lease? I heard this exists but not sure what the name of it is.

Thanks for any info,

LDunk
    Last month there was something called "conquest cash" . It was $750. I do not know if that covered a competing brand. I would suggest that you call Chrysler and ask to speak to the rebate department. Ask them to give you all the rebates and incentives that are in effect now. I tried finding the incentives on line at various sites and found that they were not reliable. Some even said that there were no current rebates and incentives and several listed only the $1500 rebate and $500 bonus cash. The rebates and incentives changed on April 1. After you have called Chrysler and talked to one rep, then call back and talk to another. I got too different versions.

You can also ask the salesman at a dealership to show you the sheet that lists all the rebates and incentives. Keep in mind that some of these are different for a lease than a sale. I really don't know why it is so difficult to find out the exact rebates and incentives. Hope someone can answer this.
    My recent leasing experience showed me that there is little disclosure regarding the details of the lease at most dealerships. The six dealerships I contacted all just gave me the MSRP, the cost per month, length of lease and miles per year. To find out the residual or the money factor, I had to ask. None showed me how they arrived at the monthly payment. From my previous leasing experience I felt that there were Federal Regulations regarding disclosure of lease details. I recently did some research and found some information.
    I strongly recommend that anyone who is considering leasing or in the process of leasing do some research. I found an interesting article on the website of The Automotive Dealership Institute entitled Automotive leasing in todays market. In the article it refers to Regulation M which was adopted in 1998 under the Federal Consumer Product Agency. You can find it as follows: www.autodealerinstitute.com/news/automotive-leasing-in-todays-market.

You might want to mention this regulation and the disclosure requirements when negotiating your lease. If that link does not take you to it, just type it in Google and you should get a link to it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, aunixguru. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this van for or what mileage allowance you need. So for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Signature with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that Chrysler is currently providing on leases of it through Chrysler Financial into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • aunixguruaunixguru Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for the info.

I am planning on only 12,000 a year. How does that affect the rate?
    Is the $1500 you mentioned in additon to the $1500 national on T&C and $1000 lease loyalty for a total of $4000?

Thanks again carman.
  • steinstein Member Posts: 18
    There is a new lease offer on Chrysler.com in my area (NJ - Monmouth County). It offers a Town and Country signature edition for 299/mnth plus $1999 due at signing for 27 months.

Car_man, could you please tell me the money factor and residual on this deal. In addition you please tell me the money factor and residuals for the T&C signature edition for 36 months for 10K and 12K miles per year.

Thanks for your help!
  • vikingfanvikingfan Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, first post at this forum.

I was looking at a T & C Touring last night with the New Day Package plus Nav. The dealer offered me invoice - 1500 for the national rebate and - 1000 more for trading in an Odyssey so the price was 28390 at that point.. The numbers came out to $404 / mo for 12k miles and 36 months with no money down (they are rolling the normal first payment + license into the lease so I have nothing due at signing)..

Does that seem like a good deal? I've never done a lease before but it seems like a lot of car for the money. Can't believe all the features I get compared to a comparably price Honda Ody. I know some people say Honda's last longer but if I'm getting a 3 year lease, what's the difference and also, my 2002 Ody is having some pretty suspect tranny problems and I'm getting jerked around a bit by Honda on that even though I have an extended warranty.

Anyway, if any of you car guys could tell me if that sounds like a reasonable deal, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Also any obvious pitfalls about leases that a noob like me may not have thought of?
  • in4leasein4lease Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

This is my first post...I am following quite a few posts :-). I am looking for T&C lease..here is what I have so far...
    T&C Touring w/ Leather and two DVDs (no navigation)
    MSRP $32,500 (rounded)
    Invoice $30,000
    After all rebates $28,850
    Resale value $21,000
    Lease term 27 months
    Total Miles 23,000
    Monthly payment $369 and $0 down

I am not convinced about invoice price. It was hard to find similar model configuration on any online resource. Could any of you tell me if these numbers make sense?

Funny thing was...dealer even did not show me any other models for the van!? Is this common?

Thanks!
  • asdrew1asdrew1 Member Posts: 19
    What is common for dealers is to try to sell you the van that they want to sell you for the most money right now. Some times that means they don't go out of their way to show you all of their inventory.

Unfortunately there aren't enough dealers who genuinely try to help you get into the van that you really want or need. Did the dealer have other vans available?

A 27 month lease for only 23,000 miles is pretty restrictive. That averages 850 miles per month. I've never averaged less than 1250 per month and will put on 1,000+ miles just this weekend for a quick trip to Orlando & back from Atlanta. Extra miles over the lease agreement will cost you big time. Unless you hardly drive anywhere out of your town you would most likely go over the limit.
  • in4leasein4lease Member Posts: 2
    Thats my point as well...Dealer gave me only two options...with / without leather!!!

I am going to look for other options around this area.

Thanks!
  • vikingfanvikingfan Member Posts: 5
    If you got to Chrysler's website, then pick a dealer from the 'Find a Dealer' button, you can search their inventory.

You don't have to rely on the dealer to show you what they have you can check yourself without leaving your PC.

BTW, my dealer told me I could pick any combination of colors and features and he could probably find one within a week. So you may not have to rely on what's on the lot.
  • darthkendarthken Member Posts: 30
    Hello car man,

You have helped me out in the past and I'm back again! Seeking current MF and residual for a Chrysler Town & Country touring, 12,000 miles per year, for both 27 and 36 month leases.

Planning to lease before the end of April if I can get the deal I want. I am currently at the end of a $252/month, zero down/sign and drive, 27 month/12k lease on a 2006 T&C and if I get the same deal again I would be happy.

Best regards.
    For some reason, it seems that requests concerning the town and country are not answered.
    Can someone please tell me the residual and moneyfactor for a 36 month lease of a Town and Country Touring Signature New Day Edition for 12K/yr in the state of NJ.

Thanks,

Joe
    No problem, aunixguru. The fact that you plan on leasing with only 12,000 miles per year will have no impact upon this van's money factors, but it will cause its residual values to increase by 2%. Lease cash and lease loyalty cash can be combined.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stein. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Signature Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 50%, respectively. If you were to lease this van with only 10,500 miles per year, its money factor would be exactly the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome to the CarSpace.com forums, vikingfan. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Dealer invoice minus all of the available cash incentives is an excellent deal. Make sure that the dealer subtracts, the newly enhanced $2,500 customer cash and $500 bonus cash ($3,000 total) that are available on the Town & Country from your selling price.

As far as your trade in goes, you would be better off having the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your Odyssey than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise community members to put as little money down as possible when leasing because if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, any down payment that you made will essentially disappear.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome aboard, in4lease. The selling price that you were quoted for a lease of this van looks reasonable, for a deal done in April. In May, Chrysler has enhanced its cash incentives on leases of the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country to $2,500 lease cash plus $500 bonus cash ($3,000 total). Make sure to take this new, higher cash allowance into account when negotiating your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back darthken. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00148 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00140 and 50%. When negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 lease cash and $500 bonus cash that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Joe, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Chrysler Town & Country Touring Signature Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    Is there a decent chance of picking up a lease payment of approx $350 w/tax per month on a T&C Touring with K Package and DVD or a Touring Signature L Package w/DVD, with no money down? We reside in Ohio if that makes a difference.
    What is the money factor and residual on an 08 T&C LX with 12000 miles per year- 36 months (assuming this is lowest price term)? Is it the same as the Touring?
  • btinebtine Member Posts: 1
    Just checking if I am doing the right thing. I went back for a second lease to a dealership in the area. Formally Leased a 2006 Dodge GC for 199 month for 27 months. Put some $$ down. 13.9 resid is due with one payment left. I am 7,500 miles under my lease (way under miles). Dealship will take car and offered me the following: 2008 Town and Country Touring $33,800.00 msrp (sticker price). $280.00 per month $18,500.00 residual. 36 month. $4,000.00 cash down plus incentives of $3,500.00 additional (Totals $7,500.00 down) (I qualified for lease loyalty and cash allowance). I haven't signed anything yes but put a $50 fully refundable hold on a car. Please help and let me know if I am making a mistake. I wanted to stay with same dealership but think this is a bit high. And I got them down from $299 per month.

I was thinking of asking for payments down to $265 per month and down payment down to $3650.00. That would be an additional $790.00 off the price. Any thoughts? Again, I didn't sign yet... Thank you for any help you can give me.
  • ahblumerahblumer Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me with the money and residual factors for the Town and Country, 36 month lease with 15k miles? I am getting worked over by the dealership. Thanks for any help!
    I leased in March when the incentives were very good. I got a total of $4250 in rebates and cash incentives. One was a $500 Auto Show Bonus. At that time Chrysler was giving a $2500 rebate and $1000 owner loyalty. I also got the Conquest cash of $1000 even though I had different opinions on whether I qualified for that.
    The rebate and incentive things seems to be a moving target and now with the $2.99 per gallon gas offer it is even more confusing since if you take the gas offer you will not get as much in rebates. I frankly have not kept up with this recently.
    I would not put $4000 up front. That is just a cap cost reduction to lower your monthly payment. I would also try to find a New Day package (Walter P. Chrysler edition) and get the $1500 dual DVD plus some other items for free.
    I just helped my daughter with a lease for a small or midzize SUV and we found that the price were all over the place. They play with the amount up front and length of lease. Most wanted almost $3000 at signing and a disposition fee of $595 due when she turns in the vehicle at end of lease. She ended up paying $688 at signing and a reasonable monthly payment. Good luck, with lots of vehicles on dealers lots they should be dealing.
  • geeves229geeves229 Member Posts: 9
    What is the tax rate in your area? I believe the residual should be 50% and the money factor should be .00140 for top tier credit. Take the $4000 you were going to put down and place it in a high yielding savings account, such as HSBC online savings. You can automatically make a transfer from that online account to your bank account every month. As mentioned in previous posts, if you put $4000 down and your car gets stolen your insurance will reimburse you the cost of the car, but you will never recoup your down payment.
  • apadmanaapadmana Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to lease a Leasing 2008 Chrysler T&C Touring Signature Series with Swivel, Navigation dual DVD with 5 dvd changer, MyGIG, leather interior in Raleigh, NC. I was quoted $375 with $900 down for 36 months and residual value of $16000. Does this sound like a good deal?

Can folks out there help me on arriving at a good price? Any options to get a better deal?
    hard to say if it is a good deal. I can tell you that they should be using a 50% residual, and .00140 money factor. Don't know what your tax rate is in N.C. If it helps at all I put together some numbers for a T&C signature series with an MSRP of $32,500. I am not positive that I am figuring these numbers correctly because I have had a couple quotes around $425 a month with $0 down.

MSRP-32,500
    Negotiated Price-27,200 (including $3000 rebate)
    50% residual of MSRP=16,250
    Cap Cost- (27,200-16250=10,950)
    10,950 / 36 months= 304.16
    Money Factor (27,200+16,250= 38,150*.00140=60.96)
    304.16+ 60.96=365.12 (Total without tax)
    365.12 * 1.0825(New York State Sales Tax)= $395.24
    I spoke to a internet sales manager today that told me that Chrysler has a $700 "acquisition fee". I stated that I believed it was the destination charge ($770)he was referring to, but he stated that they are different charges. He stated that chrysler financial charges it as part of a lease, but I have never heard of it before. Does anyone know if this is a legitamate charge, or can it be waived????
    I am pretty sure all leasing companies charge an acquisition fee as part of doing business. For the most part I do not think they are waived. The ones I have seen tend to be in the $550-800 range, but most around $600-700. Someone please correct me if I am incorrect!
    I leased my T&C in March and when I signed the papers there was an acquisition fee of $700 listed. I had not heard of it before, but at that point it was too late for me to get out. Sounds like they are all doing it. It is crazy to have to pay that amount just to acquire a vehicle. After my own leasing experience in March and my Daughters last week, all that I can say is that it is a "jungle" out there when it comes to buying or leasing a vehicle today.
    I just did a search on Google and found an excellent explanation of lease acquisition fee. Go to Google and type in "lease acquisition fee" and then you should see about the fourth down "Earl Stewart on Cars, Lease Acquisition Fee". Hope this helps. It seems that it is just a profit for the banks or leasing companies and all of them are doing it.
    And the dealers can usually mark up the acquisition fee some too to make more profit… it never ends!
This discussion has been closed.