Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chrysler Town & Country. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• alktkalktk Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease 2005 T&C limited with a video option.
    What are the current lease deals? What is a residual value? Current money factor?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi alktk. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is currently like on this van, however in order for me to do so I need you to tell me how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. I can calculate a sample lease payment on the exact van that you are interested in for you as well, but to do that I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and an approximate selling price in addition to the aforementioned info.

Car_man
    Host
  • alktkalktk Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man.
    I am currently looking at a couple of options:
    1. 2006 T&C Limited selling price $33060 (I received a quote $499/month+tax)
    2. 2005 T&C Limited selling price $31540
    3. 2005 T&C Touring selling price $27751 MSRP is 32885

I am looking at 36 - 39 month/12K
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    Those prices, except for maybe nbr 3, seem too high.
    You're welcome alktk. the selling prices that you were quoted on the 2005 models should be fine because you are able to purchase them through DaimlerChrysler's employee purchase program right now. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 T&C Touring are currently .00163 and 51%, respectively. Its numbers for a 39 month lease of this van are much worse. Using the pricing information that you provided for the third van that you mentioned, an MSRP of $32,885 and a selling price of $27,751 if you were to lease this van using the aforementioned lease program, it would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $378.

Car_man
    Host
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Hello Carman, do you have any information on T&C Touring with signature series in N.Ca for 3 yr. 12k (the signature series option include a nav).
    Hey topgun7. Here's the info that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00282 and 52%, respectively. You actually might be better off leasnig this van for 39 months. Its 39 month lease program is a little more attractive at .00210 and 51%. When negotiating your lease on this van, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is providing $2,500 lease cash plus $1,500 bonus cash ($4,000 total) on it that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    Carman, how about 24mo lease rates on the same Touring/Signature? I've seen them advertised for $2500 one time payments (+TTL) for DCX employees in Detroit.
  • tim34tim34 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently 15 months into a 36 month lease and I'm at 20,000 miles. I know I don't have much chance of reducing my driving to meet the requirement and I don't relish paying the big charges at the end of the lease. Could I purchase extra miles now or should I try to turn in early and start a new (15,000 mile per year)lease?? Do you think they would be willing to waive the mileage charge if I'm purchasing a used vehicle at the regular conclusion of the lease??
    Thanks for helping...
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    You have a few options, but buying more miles on your current lease is not possible.

1) keep driving and turn in at current rate, 48k miles and pay the mileage penalty (20c/mi? = $2400)

2) keep driving and turn in early. DCX often has lease pull ahead offers which take time, not mileage into account. So, you can turn in your vehicle at say 30 months, but you get to use the full 36k miles. That puts you at 4k miles over vs. 12k over for the full 36 mo.

3) Buy your vehicle at the end of the lease for the specified amount (or negotiate w/ finance company). You don't pay mileage penalties if you buy the vehicle at lease end.

4) Buy/lease another vehicle to save some miles on the current lease. Is a $2000 car good enough for 12k miles and still worth $1500 to sell later?

5) Sell your lease (leasetrader, etc) and get another vehicle w/ appropriate mileage.
    Hi aaron_t. If you are a DaimlerChrysler employee, the selling price for this van would be lower than if you were a normal consumer like the community member that I just worked up a lease for. I would be happy to calculate a lease payment on the exact Town & Country that you want if you tell me what its MSRP and employee purchase price are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello tim34. Unfortunately, lessees are usually only given a discount for additional miles that they purchase for their lease at signing. Now that you've had your van for over a year you will probably have to pay full price for any additional miles that you need to purchase. Your excess mileage charge is completely between you and the bank that you are leasing your van through, which is probably Chrysler Financial. Dealers do not have the authority to waive any excess mileage penalty that you may have to pay, even if you purchase or lease a new vehicle from them. They may say that they will help you out with your mileage penalty, but in reality all they are doing is taking profit from your next deal to pay your penalty. This profit normally might be used as a discount.

You can avoid having to pay any excess mileage penalty by purchasing your van now, but I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle. If you are way over your allotted mileage then, you can always purchase your van and continue to drive it for a while.

The early lease termination option that the previous community member mentioned is an option, but DaimlerChrysler's current offer only waives four remaining lease payments and you have a lot more remaining than that. Plus, there is no guarantee that this sort of program will be available when you are actually able to take advantage of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgordontxjgordontx Member Posts: 1
    In message 13, you mention "DaimlerChrysler's current offer only waives four remaining lease payments." Is this something that had to be written into the existing lease documents, or is it a "factory incentive program?"
  • pktrcktpktrckt Member Posts: 9
    Hi Everyone, I am looking to lease a minivan for minimal use, like 8000-10000 miles a year. It needs no amenities and I don't care about make or model. I qualify for top tier credit levels and of course will put nothing down. I am posting in the Chrysler board because they are selling the base model for $15000 in my local area, San Jose. How do the other minivans stack up based on residuals, incentives, money factors?

I've done searches on the message boards and can find little information on residuals and money factors except for Hondas. I will be leasing only, absolutely not buying.

A breakdown of minivans residual, mf's and incentives would rock. I don't care about miles so as long as I can do a relative comparison I'm happy. I know you live and breathe these boards Car_man so I'm hoping you are up to the challenge! :D:)
    Hi jgordontx. The early lease termination program that I mentioned earlier is a factory sponsored program that is completely paid for by DaimlerChrysler. It is only available on select models though.

Car_man
    Host
    I'll give it a shot, pktrckt :) . The least expensive lease payment on a minivan that I have seen advertised this month was on the base 2006 Dodge Caravan (the short wheelbase model not the Grand Caravan). Generally speaking, the Caravan is less expensive than the Town & Country. If I was in the market for an inexpensive minivan and didn't care about price or quality I would probably go that route. I suspect that the Ford Freestar and Chevrolet Uplander will be fairly inexpensive to lease, but I haven't seen any advertised lease payments on them lately. My two favorite vehicles in this segment are the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna, but they will cost more to lease than the Caravan will.

Let's take a look at these van's current lease programs (36 months, 15,000 miles per year):

2006 Dodge Caravan SE FWD: .00132 / 37%
    2006 Ford Freestar SE: 2.0% (.00083) / 36%
    2006 Chevrolet Uplander: 5.5% (.00229) / 52%
    2006 Honda Odyssey EX: .00265 / 60%
    2006 Toyota Sienna (base model): .00190 / 59% (this is the most common program for this van, but Toyota's lease program varies by region)

The cash incentives and selling prices of these vehicles will have a tremendous impact upon their lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • phred84044phred84044 Member Posts: 17
    Carman,

Can you give me residual value or percent on 12k mile, 36 month lease on T & C Touring minivan with no additional options and money factor for excellent credit score? Any additional bonus lease cash right now? I can figure the rest.

Thanks.
  • darthkendarthken Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car Man,

Can you give me the current MF and residual on a Town & Country Touring lease? Assume 12,000 miles/year and 36 months. I know Chrysler sometimes has odd lease lengths (I've seen 27 months advertised), so if you see anything from 27-36 months I'd be interested in the difference between time periods.

Thanks!
    Here you go, phred84044. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring through Chrysler financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 51%, respectively. DaimlerChrysler is providing a total of $4,000 lease cash on this van right now. In addition to this money, dealers have the ability to earn up to an additional $1,000 dealer cash per unit if they meet certain criteria.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings darthken. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 51%, respectively. I haven't seen this van's 27 month lease program, but I can tell you that its 30 month money factor would be the same and its residual value would be 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • darthkendarthken Member Posts: 30
    Thanks Car_man! Got my van this weekend. They tried to bake an extra 1% into the MF but thanks to your info, I got it removed. Much appreciated.
    You're very welcome, darthken. Enjoy your new van!

Car_man
    Host
  • pat86pat86 Member Posts: 7
    Hi:
    I am looking to lease 2006 T&C with the below specs:
    2006 Chrysler Town & Country Front-wheel Drive SWB Passenger Van Base
    Options:
    - Engine: 3.3L V6 OHV
    - Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    - Quick Order Package 28F
    - Tires: P215/70R15 BSW AS
    - Wheels: 15 in. x 6.5 in. Steel
    - Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
    - Deluxe Bench Seats w/Rear Bench
    - 3.62 Axle Ratio
    - Monotone Paint Application
    - Normal Duty Suspension
    - Customer Rebate Expires 03/31/06
    - Radio: AM/FM Cassette w/Compact Disc
    - 6 Speakers
    - Air Conditioning w/Dual Zone Temperature Control
    - Overhead Ash Tray/Cupholder Lamp
    - Overhead Console
    - Trip Computer
    - Power Heated Fold-Away Mirrors
    - Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
    - Roof Rack
    - Illuminated Sun Visor Vanity Mirrors
    - Universal Garage Door Opener
    - Popular Equipment Group 1
    - Anti-Lock Brakes
    - Right Power Sliding Door
    - Engine Block Heater

Any recommendations on dealers in Northern NJ? I don't have any good deals as of today. The best deal so far uses 38% residual value (36 months lease), which is not good % according to the posts here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • fredg5fredg5 Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan - you're really the best for answering all these questions!

Can you answer one for me? I'm looking at a Town & Country Limited for 15k miles, 36 months in the Philadelphia area. What kind of money factor and residual should I be expecting?

Thanks!
    fredg5
  • fredg5fredg5 Member Posts: 4
    My dealer gave me a quote of 27 months, 54% residual, and a .00148 Money factor with a payment of $503 on a Town & Country Limited with an MSRP of 38500, with a cap cost of 31194. He said payments on 36 month are actually higher, at $527. How does that sound?
  • leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    This site has been helpful, so I wanted to post what I have been offered in the Twin Cities (MN) for others' benefit as well as ask a question:

1. 2006 T&C Touring, no extra options
    2. 27 Months
    3. 12,000 miles per annum
    4. 0 out of pocket
    5. $317 per month

I think it is a decent deal because 2 of the seven dealers who had been trying to win the deal both dropped out when they heard that offer and told me to take it.

My question is: Can I/Should I negotiate the end of lease purchase price before I sign? I believe they base that price off of the MSRP, but the price I have negotiated is thousands less.

Thank you
    Thanks fredg5. It's definitely very time consuming :surprise: :) . If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited through DaimlerChrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00222 and 45%, respectively. When negotiaging your lease on this car, make sure to take the total of $4,500 in cash incentives that are available on leases of it right now into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • woodhoutwoodhout Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you please verify a lease payment, residual, and money factor for me? I used the Lease Calculator here at Edmunds.com and came up with a payment different from my dealer's, using the same numbers, by about $30/month (Dealer = 399/month - Mine = 358). The only thing that I did that maybe I shouldn't have was leave the "title, registration, other costs" blank as I will take care of title and registration at the DMV myself and the dealer said there were no other fees other than what I have below. I appreciate your assisstance:

MSRP: 33965
    Selling Price: 30178
    Rebate: 4500
    State Tax: 6%
    Term: 27 months
    Money Factor: 0.00221
    Miles: 12K/year
    Acquistion Fee: 500
    Security: 0

Also, I see in posting #27 that the money factor was 0.00148. Do you know if that's still being offered?

Thank You
  • xogradyxogrady Member Posts: 19
    I had heard there were great lease incentives for 27 months on the Touring model with Leather and DVD. Does anyone have the particulars for May? Tks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, woodhout. I am not sure, but I believe that the Town & Country Spring Edition has the same lease program as the Ttouring model. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country touring 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 30 months (I have not seen its 27 month lease program) with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 53%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $33,965, and a selling price of $25,678(#30,178 - $4,500), I estimate that this van should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $333.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi xogrady. I haven't seen this van's 27 month lease program, but I have seen its 30 month program which should be fairly similar. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 2WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 30 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 51%, respectively. when negotiating your lease on this van, make sure to take the $4,000 lease cash and $500 dealer cash that are currently available on it into account. These incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

thanks for the info. you guys are the greatest. WIll post the feedback i get from dealers this week.

Xogrady.
  • bennett4bennett4 Member Posts: 11
    Hi. I have 7 lease payments left on a Pacifica (CFC)that I'd like to get out of now and replace it with a T&C Touring. I don't want to pay any of the remaining lease payments and want to start out fresh on the new veh. I'm looking for 36 months, zero down, 15K, tax (8.75) incl in payment. Question is, what's the status of the "pull ahead" program? Should I wait until the lease is up on the Pac (needs tires, brakes soon, mileage is ok)? Does DCX have a great program on the T&C right now and do you think it will improve this summer? Many thanks.
    Hey Car_Man,

Tried to close a deal before the end of May but had some very reluctant dealers with their pricing. Any chance the $4000 cash is going to remain for June? do they still have special Touring package with the 29S option going?

Tks,
    Xogrady
  • mellismellis Member Posts: 150
    I'd appreciate an update on the "pull ahead" program as well. Car_Man?
    You're very welcome, Xogrady.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Xogrady. Yes, the $4,000 lease cash that DaimlerChrysler was providing on long wheel base Chrysler Town & Country models was edtended for the month of June.

Car_man
    Host
    I haven't seen any information on DaimlerChrysler's lease pull ahead program in a while. I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything out.

Car_man
    Host
  • arrosenarrosen Member Posts: 22
    Hi Car Man

Can you tell me the Residual and MF for a Chrysler T&C Touring 12K and 15K miles? This is for the Los Angeles area. Also, can you tell me the same info for the Dodge Caravan SXT?

Thanks!
    For the above, I am interested in 36, 30 and 27 months...They seem to have a leasing dealgoing on now for 27 months

Thanks
  • sm123sm123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can someone tell me if the lease incentives provided by Chrysler are any different currently from what they were in March?

What would be a good price for a T&C Touring edition for a 12K/yr lease for 27 months? Please let me know. Thanks for your help.
  • r2k2d2r2k2d2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone, I have some questions about a T&C lease. I heard some people talking about getting a Town and Country Lease for $125/month for 27 months. What is this lease? Where can I get it? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Raj
    Hi arrosen. This van's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease, since this is probably the most common lease term. Let me know if you want a different length lease. If you were to lease a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country touring through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT are .00096 and 42%. When negotiating your lease on either of these vans keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is allowing everyone to purchase them through its Employee Purchase Program this month (essentially dealer invoice - holdback) and that there is $2,500 lease cash on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello sm123. DiamlerChrysler's incentives on the 2006 Town & Country are very different right now than they were in March. Consumers who lease an '06 Chrysler Town & Country right now receive $2,500 lease cash and the ability to buy it at DaimlerChrysler's Employee Purchase Progam Price, which essentially amounts to dealer invoice minus holdback. I don't know that DaimlerChrysler's exact employee price is for the exact van that you mentioned, but you should be able to find out by calling a few dealers. Negotiations should be easy this month with the special fixed price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    I just picked up a 2006 T&C Touring with the Spring Special Package.

MSRP = 32,730.00
    Employee Disc = (3,102.00)
    Dealer Disc = (1,169.78)
    Rebate = (2,500)
    Total Price = 25,958.22 + Tax

(Note that the dealer discount was actually $1,869.78...they covered the $700 acquisition fee.)

I leased on a 39 month 15K lease. Paid $800 up front (first month & DMV fees).

Residual = 44%
    MF = .00161
    Monthly Pymt = $361.33 + Tax

Note that the MF may be a tad higher than published rates. The published rate is .0015, which would have made my monthly $5 less. If I pushed them on the MF, they probably would have reduced their $1169 contribution by an equal amount. I am still VERY happy with this deal.

This was done at Power Chrysler in Valencia, CA, and it was all negotiated up front via email.
  • dans2dans2 Member Posts: 9
    Just picked up a T&C Touring with Leather + Luxury Package for $330/mo on a 27 mo lease, 12k/yr with $800 down.

They were offering a Limited with GPS for $40 more per month.
  • lease1lease1 Member Posts: 2
    dans2, where did you find that lease deal, best I can find for t&c touring, msrp $34,135 (leather, dvd, supp. air bags) is 39 months, 12k miles per year, $1,000 down, $350 per month + tax.
  • dans2dans2 Member Posts: 9
    This was at Birmingham Chrysler/Jeep in Troy MI, but got similar rates at the other local dealers.

We were offered similar rates as what you listed on the 3 year lease -- for some reason the 27 month lease was cheaper.

Our MSRP was just over 33k, no DVD on our van.
  • steve115steve115 Member Posts: 9
    I would like to lease a 2006 T&C Touring that has an MSRP of 28,200 with 12k/year for 24 or 27 months (whichever is the best deal). Rebates in Michigan are $4,000 right now (in October). What should this cost me as 1) one time single payment lease or 2) a monthly lease? Would I be better off waiting for the 2007 model given the higher residual?
    Greetings steve115. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be on this van for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Chrysler Town & Country: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If not, just let me know its dealer invoice price and I can make an assumption about the amount over invoice that you will have to pay. You can find the invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

While I haven't calculated lease payments on both, I suspect that the 2006 Town & Country will still be cheaper to lease than a similar 2007 model. I can always calculate a lease payment on a similar '07 model if you provide me with pricing info for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.