Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Comments

• boomer15boomer15 Member Posts: 8
    Rotors went before the first oil change was due.... ha ha ha...
  • jpw7jpw7 Member Posts: 2
    All of the information below has been numbers supplied by the dealer via e-mail.
    2011 Town and Country Touring –L (only optional equipment Media center/Garmin navigation)

MSRP: $33,690
    Invoice: $31,899
    Rebates: $2,000 Consumer Cash
    $2,000 Lease Cash
    Discount: $1,509
    Cap Cost: $20,262
    Lease Rate: 2.25%
    Depreciation: $5,438.40
    Residual: $15,497 (46%). (There is an additional $2,500 to buy so total to buy at end of lease $17,997)
    Up Front Fees: Registration/Documentation - $502
    Leasing Company: ALLY
    39 months
    With $0 down, which means the $502 + your first payment (always due at signing), you come in at $397 per month.

With $2500 down plus the $502 and first payment, you come in at $325.
    Is it worth it or hold out? any negotiation anywhere? Seems like according to them no more wiggle room?

Thanks!
  • boomer15boomer15 Member Posts: 8
    If you are not planning to buy I would get them to pump up the residual more. I got mine to 49%. I don't think they are going that high any more but it is worth a shot.
  • fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    This doesn't sound like a bad deal. I lease in March and got a total of $3750 in rebates and incentives. Did not know how much they discounted the MSRP. My sticker price was a little over $36,000. My payment for 36 months including tax and 12,000 miles per year is $413.
    I got the DVD entertainment system, which I did not need due to difficulty finding the right color and equipment. I did not get the GPS, which I would rather have had than the DVD system. Mine includes the safety package, which includes several very useful things. The side warning system is great and the backup warning system is much better than on my 2008.
    Sounds like you are doing well in rebates and other incentives. Your residual sounds better than mine.
    This is my fourth T&C and the best yet. Although it looks much like the 2008 or even the 2010, the 2011 is much improved. I love the new engine with great horse power and better mileage. Handling is also much better. The information system is far better than any other I have seen. It is very easy to read and give you much more information. It even has a digital speedometer. This system is much better than my wife's Lexus. I even got Michelin tires on my van and she did not on the Lexus. They do use other brand tires, so that is "the luck of the draw".
    I get the T&C because of the Stow and Go. No other van has this feature.
    The interior on the 2011 is also much improved. All in all it is a great van. Hope you like it.
  • fleonfleon Member Posts: 7
    The residual set by Ally bank. If you get 10 k miles per year residual will goes up by 2 % means payment is lower.
  • jpw7jpw7 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of the advice. I tried to see if they would bump the residual from 46% to 49% no go. Dealer said it was set and controlled by Ally. All in all I got a geat deal and my family is real happy!
  • nola_dodge_fannola_dodge_fan Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    If I take advantage of the extra $2,000 bonus cash for a lease (in addition to the $2,000 rebate), is there a pre-pay penalty if I pay it off after one month?

Thanks.
    I have no knowledge of what would happen in case you paid off early. I am sure that you can find out this information from your dealer or the company that is doing the lease. You also might want to "Google" this question and see if there is a link that might give you the answer.
    The $2,000 cash and $2,000 rebate sounds good.
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Hello,I need to know what would be my monthly Lease payment be with $ 0 Down for 24 or 36 months 15000 miles 2011 T & C Limited MSRP $ 42250 Dealer quote $ 35000 in North Carolina. Tax rate is 3%. Also what is the Residual value and money factor for this Van in Sep. I am also trading my 2009 Acura MDX will that help me when the lease payment is calculated? Please keep in mind i am putting Zero down payment. Is there any negotiating room left? Thanks in advance.
  • habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Hello car man & kyfdx, Can you please give me current Residual Value & Money factor for 2011 Town & Country Limited 15000 miles for 24,27 & 36 months.Thanks!
  • berrisj1berrisj1 Member Posts: 10
    Never used a broker before, but had friends getting a good deal over the years with a local guy.

2012 T&C Limited. No additional options. 12K miles. 36 Months. $364.54 per month plus $702 due at signing. Vehicle cost on the sheet he gave me is just the MSRP. Unlike when I am at the dealership, there is no discussion of residuals, money factors, employee discounts (I'm in Detorit and everyone has a discount). Financing is through Ally. Best offers I was getting on my own were well into the $400s.

Any comments on my deal or the people's use of a lease broker.
  • fleonfleon Member Posts: 7
    Because broke get a pieces of the pie from your purchase. I recommend you download the ibuy/lease app to the Iphone and figure it out yourself. You need to find out the residual% , cap cost reduction(rebate on lease) and APR if lease by Ally Bank. You also can convert APR to MF by divide the Apr% by 2400 the result will be MF. I suggest just go ti your local deal and give them a chance.
  • thiagarajanthiagarajan Member Posts: 1
    I am leaving in detroit . which dealership is this . Please let me know.
  • jenkay1jenkay1 Member Posts: 35
    Trying to figure out if there is any way out of the Ally $2500 purchase option fee, dealer says it has to be on there, no option. Another dealer told me differently but I never sat with their finance folks so who knows what they would have said. (The car residuals were different between the dealers by $1000, higher residual buy out for the one that said no $2500 buy out fee.) I don't plan to buy the vehicle but really don't want that $2500 buy out clause on the contract.

Making this deal was more frustrating than most and still not where I wanted to be but think I'm done for now and will sign this week, dealer also had to get veh from downstate, only 1 of 2 left like it in 300 miles. My second time leasing, have tried to learn as much as possible, went to 4 dealers, one wouldn't deal at all. Others were negotiable to a point then things seem to get nasty, had to walk out on one deal.

34,125 Touring L
    No money down other than first month payment $374 and registration $200, no disposition fee but lease does have the $2500 purchase buy out clause.

They are buying out my 2010 Rav4 Limited from Toyota lease which they'll make some money on because mileage is little low but only 2 of 4 dealers were willing to do this, 4 payment left other dealers wanted to roll payments in and I said no way.

Please let me know if you have any info on the buy out clause or what you think of deal.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jenkay1. For some strange reason, Ally has been including that $2,500 purchase option fee on every vehicle that it leases. I highly doubt that dealers have the authority to alter this clause or that you will be able to get Ally to change it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sjl830sjl830 Member Posts: 1
    Im new the this forum and this is my first lease. and also got a trade in so need some help for the math.
    im going to trade my old car in and they offer 21500. and my loan 24500. which 3000 short.
    i got offer for the 2012 chrylser town and country base model. msrp 30090.
    and the lease is 15000mile/yr. 3881down + 390/mo. 39month lease. this deal added the trade in 3000 short already. is this a good deal or not?

Thanks
  • jim1462jim1462 Member Posts: 40
    Mr. Host, Would you provide the current Money Factor and residual for a Touring and Touring L. Also applicable available incentives. Thanks
    Hi jim1462. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Town & Country Touring L are 0.2% and 47%.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this van in most regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • adb280zadb280z Member Posts: 11
    I'm in the market for a Odyssey, Sienna or Town & Country/GrCaravan. The Sienna/Odyssey boards are quite active. This one is very quiet. If I got a T&C/GrCaravan I'm mostly interested in the Touring or SXT. Any recent deals?
  • jenkay1jenkay1 Member Posts: 35
    I'm 4 month into my T&C Touring L lease and of all the vehicles I've ever owned it is my favorite. I shopped all the vans. Not sure about deals right now and I will say the T&C does not have the super refined engine of the Honda or Toyota but it more than makes up for it with everything else, it has so many amenities (keyless, dvd, heated seats and steering wheel, automatic wipers/lights, sensors all around the vehicle, goes on and on), and is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in. I have bad arthritis so comfort was key for me when shopping. My two girls love the space and all it has to offer, you just can't get all the extras with Honda and Toyota for a reasonable price. The other thing that sold us was the look of the interior it is so beautiful in comparison to the other two. We have the black interior. So we purchased based on comfort, amenities, and look and are very happy. Love the heated steering wheel! Good luck with your shopping. As far as deals go I almost purchased with one dealer and then had a bit of a falling out with them, took the final deal to another dealer and just said this is what I want, yes or no and they said ok.
    I totally agree. I am now on my fourth T&C. Have a 2011 with all the amenities. I love the "stow and go" , which Toyota and Honda do not have.
    I love the handling and all the features. I have the package with lane warning , automatic headlight dimmer, They work very well. I have had mine now about 14 months and no problems. Also have the black exterior with black interior. I also agree it is difficult to get a good deal with Honda and Toyota. Also love the comfort of the driving position. My U connect works better than my wife's Lexus. It even reads my text messages to me. The information display is the best I have ever had. Very readable and gives so much information. I also use the digital speedometer some.
  • mick0016mick0016 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    For anyone interested, with the supplier discount, the lease price on a Town and Country base with NAV was $310 a month (includes taxes). I have to pay $500 up front for the first payment, doc fees, plate transfer, etc. 12,000 Miles Per Year, 3 year lease. I'm in the Detroit area.

Considering I was quoted $445 for a Nissan Quest with Leather & DVD and $504 a month for a Honda Odyssey with Leather and RES this month as well, Chrysler is really smoking the competition with respect to lease pricing.
    That is a great quote for a Town and Country with nav. I would jump on this. All the Town and Country vans now have leather as standard equipment. I have the T&C 2011 and love it. This is my fourth and the best one yet. I love the stow and go. None of the others have it. I could never deal with Honda or Toyota. The $500 up front is not bad since it includes the first months payment. My wife just leased a car with the first months payment free, but paid $250 in doc fees, plate, transfer etc. That is about normal.
  • krikiterkrikiter Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Hello Car_man,
    Do you have the current lease terms for a 2013 T&C Touring L package for both USB and Ally? I'm looking for 36 months at 12K per year.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi krikiter. I have seen the lease program for this van through Ally and the new Chrysler Capital. I haven't seen the numbers from US Bank. Next month I think that all special leases for Chrysler will go through Chrysler Capital.

Chrysler Capital's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Town & Country Touring L with 12,000 miles per year are .00069 and 57%.

The Ally numbers for this model are 1.65% and 55% (lease rate instead of a money factor).

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this van in most areas, it's slightly higher than that in a few.

Car_man
    Host
  • wassctwassct Member Posts: 22
    Is the lease program info the same in May as April? Trying to calc my lease payment based on my purchase price and don't want to be too far off.

Thanks!
    Yes, wassct, the Chrysler Capitol lease program for this model is the same in May as it was in April.

Car_man
    Host
  • papajuice1papajuice1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

Live in Long Island, NY. Received a quote for a 2013 Town and Country Limited with Luxury Option (29x) package. MSRP of $42,785. 24 month through Chrysler Capital -- 10,000 miles, sign and drive (first payment, DMV of roughly $250, and tax on rebates -- total up-front out-of-pocket of roughly $850. Taxes rolled into lease. Monthly payment is $395/month. Good deal or not?

Thanks.
    Hi papajuice1. Do you know what this van's selling price is? That would make it easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    I have not leased since March of 2011, so am not familiar with current prices. I had a lot of rebates and incentives totaling over $4,000. My lease is for 12,000 miles, and three years (36 months). MSRP was about $38,000 at that time. My monthly payment is $414 per month. I only paid document and title fees up front. No cap cost reduction. Monthly payment includes state tax. Ohio only charges tax on the monthly payment, not the total price of the vehicle. Your deal does not sound bad considering you are getting a much more expensive vehicle. Hard to compare, since mine was for 36 months and yours is for 24. Are there any good rebates and incentives now???
  • papajuice1papajuice1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

Dealer selling price for the car with an MSRP of $42,785 is $33,200.

Thanks again,

Papajuice
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    How did you get such a low price? Can you please list the incentives?
    edited June 2013
    I leased the vehicle today in So. Cal:

Touring-L w/ UConnect 730N, Ent Group #2 & Driver Convenience Group

MSRP: $36,015
    Selling Price: $32,477
    Incentives: $3000 ($1000 conquest, $2000 Chrysler advertised national program)
    Cash Due at Signing: $1000 (first month's payment, registration, etc)

Lease terms: 36mo / 12K mi/yr
    Residual: 57% (through Chrysler Capital)
    Money Factor: 0.00069 (1.656% interest)
    Monthly payment before tax: $299.94

Rebate to be received from Edmunds deal: $1000 (making this a true no cash due at signing lease)
  • lefeenklefeenk Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me which dealership you got this lease at, here in So Cal?
    edited July 2013
    Cerritos Dodge. They claimed the offer was good until the end of the quarter only but they do still have similar pricing on their website for the selling price.

To get the edmunds rebate you need to browse mini vans on edmunds and then click the chrysler Ad.
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    Chrysler Capital Info for JULY 2013

Here is the Touring - L Residual and money factor for 24/36/39 (the best deal is the 24 months deal).

DO NOT LET ANY DEALER TRICK YOU INTO THINKING OTHERWISE. THEY MAKE MONEY BY EXTENDING THE CONTRACT AND MARKING UP THE MONEY FACTOR (WHICH CHRYSLER CAPITAL ALLOWS).

Residuals:
    66% = 24 months
    55% = 36 months
    53% = 39 months

Money Factor:
    24 Months: Tier 1 and Tier 2 = .00022 and Tier 3 is .00074 (Markup of .00042 allowed)
    36 Months: Tier 1 and Tier 2 = .00015 and Tier 3 is .00067 (Markup of .00042 allowed)

Be very Careful. Dealers ALWAYS markup the money factor, ALWAYS. Any dealer tells you they dont, is a liar. Also, be careful on the tier they say you were approved for. If your score meets the tier 1 or tier 2 requirement, then you are that tier, do not let them tell you otherwise

FACT: Tier levels are NOT based on whats on your credit profile, its based on your AUTO ENHANCED FICO SCORE. That is not to say that you can get approved with a high score (being approved to begin with is based on score, your entire credit profile, income, debt, the car you want and so forth) but once you are approved, your tier level is SOLELY BASED ON SCORE, NOTHING ELSE. If they say you are approved, demand to see your scores (dealerships in certain states have no choice but to show you your report, which comes with your score as well).

Go in prepared with this info. With that said, do not let them know you know any of this info until after you are approved (many dealerships will run your credit and then tell you that you were denied. Why you ask? Well if they cant make enough money on a brand new car that they only had for a month, they will rather take their chances with someone else. There are many suckers out there). Be nice and discreet. If they come back with something that is pricier than what you believe it should be, then ask nicely to see the report and score they pulled up. If they deny you, leave the dealership. Also, remember, if you are approved with chrysler capital at one dealership, THEN YOU ARE APPROVED FOR THAT VEHICLE AT ALL DEALERSHIPS.

Hope this helps.
  • cro372cro372 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for all the numbers. Are these national or regional numbers? Also, how did you come across them? Thanks!
  • rupst2rupst2 Member Posts: 1
    Is conquest cash really dead on town and country? Everything I've seen online says expires 1/2014. Dealer told me expired 7/9 and they couldn't get it to show up as and option in the computer when quoting me and IDL lease.
  • sach5sach5 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I always appreciate the posts on actual transactions. Here's mine:

2013 T&C Touring L with convenience, nav, 3rd row dvd, sunroof
    MSRP $38255
    39mo/39k miles .15 per additional mile
    Sell price $26,500 (includes dealer discounts and $9250 in rebates)
    Plus taxes, titles, fees, sales tax, registration, title...all in.
    $340 per month...just first month out the door.
  • homerrulezhomerrulez Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    holy shoot sach5 that is rape city. Dealer raped you price wise

what was you credit tier based on....tier 5? Jebus!

I got a 30k sale price 2 months ago and my monthly is 270 and thats with nothing but first month, taxes and dmv fee out of pocket. Im also at 10k per year.

you my friend were taken to the back of the dealership and tricked into one of the worst deals ever know. How any person with a sale price that includes nearly 12k in rebates and discounts, gets a payment at 340

did you trade in negative equity of about 5k or something? Jebus, thats a rip off. That dealership is actually getting 4-5k EXTRA PROFIT, BASED ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENT.

WOW!
    Hi,

I'm not so unhappy with the deal. I got a $38k MSRP car for $320/mo plus sales tax runs it up to $340/mo. The residual is $17k at buyout. Just 39 payments. No other money involved.
    Hi,

I ended up renegotiating the deal slightly. I worked through a different bank. Final figures:
    MSRP $38,255
    15k miles per year (25 cents/mi over)
    Residual at $15,400 (plus $400 disposition)
    39 payments of $326 (plus sales tax)
    License, title, fees included
    No other cash

Another data point for you all. Good luck.
  • lefeenklefeenk Member Posts: 3
    Anyone get the Edmunds rebate yet? We leased on 7/30/13 and submitted the rebate to Chrysler on 8/7/13. You have up to 30 days after the purchase or lease date to submit. The website still says it's pending. Anyone else waiting this long?
    I leased on 6/29/13. They claim to have received it on 7/11/13 and it still says pending.
  • 05pilot05pilot Member Posts: 26
    Hey according to new Ally lease documents I see on the 'net. They appear to be official training documents for dealers, it looks like Ally has DROPPED the $2500 purchase option fee that they previously tacked on to the residual value. For some reason they still charge the $2500 on Mitsubishi vehicles, but not on anything else.

Can anyone who has signed a recent Ally lease deal confirm this?

Since Ally is no longer (apparently) charging the purchase option fee, are they waiving it on leases signed 2-3 yrs ago?
  • jagyossarianjagyossarian Member Posts: 13
    I just signed a lease yesterday and there appears to be a $350 purchase option fee. My lease was for a 2014 Chrysler T&C.
  • antimonysbantimonysb Member Posts: 1
    Great post.... Thank you.

I'm looking to lease in the next week or two. Can anyone share the current list of residual values and money factors for 24 and 36 months. I'm looking at the base Town and Country Touring.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    2014 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 36mo, 15K/yr
    .00020 MF and 53% residual.

24 month numbers are .00039 and 65%

regards,
    kydfx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bg1811bg1811 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Carman, can you or someone else put the various lease factors into a formula. I don't understand what you do with the various components of the formula. That is x times x times x etc. thanks. I would appreciate a quick answer, I'm looking for a new vehicle.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.