Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    Thanks Car_man. One thing I forgot to mention is I'm going for a 12k/yr lease or 10,500 if they have it. Do you have the numbers for these? Also, I'm glad you like the user id!

-Joe
  • topcoboktopcobok Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate if you have the numbers for 2010 Ford XLT 39 months lease. I am returning 2007 Escape this March. zip code 33705
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem Joe. Ford Credit's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher and its 10,500 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Ford credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Escape XLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year in Florida are 3.0% and 46%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • iwant2leaseiwant2lease Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,
    I was just wondering if you could provide me Ford Escape XLT FWD current lease:
    MSRP $25,600
    12,000 Miles per year
    Lease Term: 24 & 36 (I need both please)
    sales tax:9.75 for S.California
    with min drive off.
    all I need the Money Factor and residual Value.
    Thank you
  • vane2004vane2004 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Miami, Florida and im being offered a 2010 Ford Escape Limted for lease. The dealer wants 3,000 and 354 monthly payments for a 24/month lease with 10,500 miles. please please let me know if this is fair and how this compares to everyone out there's deals. thank you so much in advacne.
    Here you go, iwant2lease. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Escape XLT FWD with 12,000 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are 0.25% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.75% and 48%.

As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in the Los Angeles area into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vane2004. The easiest way for me to tell how good a deal this is is to take a look at this vehicle's full MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • lilmouse1230lilmouse1230 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you could provide me with the numbers for a 2010 Ford Escape Limited V6 with the 302A Rapid Spec Package for 24mo & 36mo for a 10,500 and 12,000 mile leases.

I live in Chicago, IL (suburbs). I'm specifically interested in the lease interest rate (or money factor) and the percentage for the Residual Value of the car (if you know the $ amt, that would be great too).

I am planning on buying late july, early august 2010.

Thanks so much!
    I'd be happy to help you out, lilmouse1230. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Escape Limited V6 4WD with 12,000 miles per year in Chicago are 0.5% and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.25% and 50%.

If you were to lease with only 10,500 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    Car_man - can you provide the same numbers for August for the boston area for the 2010 Escape LImited V6 AWD and also, the XLT V6? (24 month and 36 month lease, 10k miles and 12k miles for both).

Also, do you know if all of the $2,000 in rebates can be applied towards a lease?

Thanks again!

-Joe
    Hey Joe . Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year in your area are 0.25% and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.5% and 50%.

The lease rates for 24 and 36 month, 12k leases of the '10 Escape XLT AWD are the same, but its residual values are 58% and 49%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kiltmankiltman Member Posts: 67
    Test drove last night.
    Liked the ride but not as good as the Rav4.
    They offered mf of 3.75% (.0015625) and 50% residual.
    I had xplan so payments would have been @415/month for 39 months, with 498 down. for a sticker of 27360 (25914 xplan price)
    I ran the numbers separately and they don't add up. He said there was a $1000 conquest cash but my figures came as $369 a month including 6% michigan sales tax.
  • ohiofan07ohiofan07 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,
    First time here and found some great info. I am returning a Fusion lease and looking for an Escape lease to replace it. I'm fortunate enough to have access to the Z Plan. I live in the Northern VA area for comparison purposed. They quoted me for an Escape XLT AWD with the 202A spec package. MSRP is $27,815 and the Z Plan price is $25,398. No issues there. However, the subsidized lease rate is 3.75 (how does this convert to money factor? Is it .00156) and the salesman said lease rates are usually in the mid 11 area which seems really high to me. The lease rate for a Fusion would be 2.25. This is for a 39 month lease with a $1500 Z Plan rebate going towards the initial down payment. Residual value is 54% or $15,020. Monthly payments would be about $381 per month.

Everything seems ok to me, other than the lease rate. Am I crazy, or is this high? I know I shouldn't be complaining because of the Z Plan goodness, but I'm wondering if different dealers handle Z Plans differently. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex :):)
    Hi Alex. The 3.75% lease rate that you were quoted on the Escape that you are interested in is right. The rates are just a little higher on the Escape right now than they were on the Fusion when you leased it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rolianrolian Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,
    Are you able to provide the lease numbers for the Ford Escape Hybrid FWD in the Chicago area? Thanks in advance
    Rob
  • alex2011alex2011 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man, Just signed a lease on the above with 302A, Chrome Wheels, & Navigation System. MSRP was $34,600. They gave me several rebates Totaling about $3100. With only tax, tags and License out of pocket, mo pmt is $372 x 36 mo/12K mi. (.54 residual @ 2.25%) Good deal? :)
  • fordescape1fordescape1 Member Posts: 1
    What information do I need to know (MSRP,depreciation value etc...) to negotiate a fair price with the dealership? And how do I calculate these numbers?

Thanks
    -M
    Greetings fordescape1. It sounds like you are new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • rastavibrationrastavibration Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

can you please post money factor and residual for 2012 Ford Escape Limited AWD for 36 and 39 month lease? Thanks!
    Hi rastavibration. This truck's lease program varies by region. I need to know what state you are in to give you an accurate idea of what it is like in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisinkychrisinky Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Would you please share the money factor and residual on a 2012 Ford Escape XLT in Louisville Kentucky. I found one online and called the dealership to have them work up some numbers. We'll see what they come back with. MSRP is $28675 and internet price is $24616. I have an old 2004 Escape XLS worth about $3000 I'll most likely trade in. They said the internet price has the current incentives built in.

Thanks....
    Hi chrisinky. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Escape XLT AWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 1.25% and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmaclidmacli Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

Would you please share the money factor and residual on a 2012 Ford Escape XLT in Brooklyn NY. I am looking for a 27 month lease and the Net Price for the model I want is 27,277. I only need 10,500 miles a year.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
  • nlm2898nlm2898 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I am looking for the money factor and residual on the 12 Escape XLT in zip 07052. I see the lease deal being offered but want to compare and shop around first.

Thanks!
    Nicole
  • larrybhunterlarrybhunter Member Posts: 23
    Hi I'm interested in the money factor and residual for the above model in PA. It appears there are currently offering 1500 customer cash and possibly 500 trade in assistance.

I also get the X plan price. Is there a limited number of vehicles that get the trade in assistance? Does the vehicle have to be in excellent condition? I'm trading in a 2008 Saturn Aura.
    Hi Nicole. Ford Credit's current New York region base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Escape XLT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 53%, respectively.

I believe that Ford is currently offering a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings larrybhunter. Ford Credit's January Philadelphia region base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Escape LTD AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 54%, respectively.

I don't believe that there is a limit to the number of trade-in assistance offers that can be redeemed during the program. It shouldn't matter what condition your vehicle is in either.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmyt3timmyt3 Member Posts: 2
    I'm curious is my girlfriend got a good deal on her lease. In Los Angeles, she got a 2012 XLT with the sun and sync package, and satellite radio free for two years. Her lease is for 24 months. All in, she's spending $8,112 dollars for the two years, including down payment, all fees, finance charges, etc. etc. The finance rate was 1/4 of 1 percent, totaling $97.

We're not concerned about the price after the lease because we don't plan on buying it.

So, if anyone has anything to compare to that, or if you need more info, please let me know. Thanks everyone/anyone!

Thanks!!!
  • timmyt3timmyt3 Member Posts: 2
    And it's a front wheel drive.
  • bretebrete Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

What is the current residual rate and money factor for the base model escape and XLT model for March with 10K miles per year. Thanks for the help
    Hi brete. Ford's lease program for the 2012 Escape varies by region. Ford Credit's base rate for a 36-month lease of this vehicle range from 1.25% to 2.0%. Its residual value for a 36-month lease of a '12 Escape XLT AWD with 10,000 miles per year is 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • the412the412 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, can you please give me the residual/money factor for a 3 year, 12,000 mile '13 escape SE 2.0 engine?

Thanks
  • rawarrenrawarren Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car_man -- thanks for your help here!

Do you have the residual/money factor for a 36/39 month, 15k miles 2013 Escape SE 1.6 FWD w/ MyFord Touch & Nav?

Thanks,

Russ
    Hi the412. This vehicle's lease program varies by region. Let me know what state you are in and I'll gladly try to give you an idea of what its current numbers are like.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem Russ. The Escape's lease program varies by region. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
  • petergriffinpetergriffin Member Posts: 5
    CarMan,

What are the current lease rate and residual for a 2012 Escape XLT 4X4 for 10,500 miles and 24 and 36 months? My zip code is 68506. Thanks.

PS: Is the residual different on the FWD version?
  • rawarrenrawarren Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Kansas, where it's incredibly hot and humid!
    Hi petergriffin. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Escape XLT 4WD with 10,500 miles per year in your area are 0.25% and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.5% and 55%.

The lease rates for the FWD version of this truck would be the same, but its residual values would be 2% lower.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 cash incentive that Ford is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the additional info, Russ. I know what you're saying, it's supposed to be in the 90's for the next couple of days here as well.

OK, Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape SE 1.6 FWD with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 5.25% and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 5.5% and 55%.

Keep cool,

Car_man
    Host
  • chickichicki Member Posts: 1
    Im in dallas TX looking to lease ( probably) a 2013 ford escape SEL plus a tech pkge, ASAP. Can you give me the rate n residual for 36 mos. don't suppose any discounts for leasing OR purchase since its brand new, eh? Pardon my dumbness, but if the lease rate on the 2013 is 5.25 ( based on your previous quote to KS guy) and if I can get that or even better interest rate if I purchase, is there any $ advantage for me to lease vs buy? I'm new to leasing; know the basics but im not a finance type, sorry.
    Hi chicki. Typically leasing vehicles in Texas tends to be more expensive than in other states because of the tax laws that exist there.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's lease program is like, but the June program expires today. It is introduce its new July programs some time tomorrow. Please post a reminder for me in a day or two and I'll be happy to provide you with an update when I've seen the new programs for your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • ksrpksrp Member Posts: 11
    Carman,

Would you please publish the lease rates for a 2012 XLS FWD in California (zip 95051)? According to your June post #141, it was 0.25% and 0.5% for a XLT. So MF would have been 0.25/2400?

Also, I don't see a 'price paid' type of Escape forum unlike some other cars (e.g. Toyota RAV4). Where can I find some recent data points for 2012 purchases? Since the 13s have been out, I am expecting steep discounts on the 12s. Would like to get a sense of the out-the-door prices folks have paid.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carsearchtobcarsearchtob Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am looking for the money factor and residual on the 2013 Escape SEL in zip 07030 or NYC area.

Thanks!

T
    It's a 24 month or 36 month lease.
    and for a 10k a year, or 12,500 or 15,000 a year lease for a SEL with 302a package and parking package
    edited July 2012
    Hello carsearchtob. Ford Credit's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Escape SEL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year in the New York area are 4.0% and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are 2.0% and 65%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10k residuals would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cricfan777cricfan777 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2012
    May I please have the residual value and money factor for 2013 Ford Escape Titanium AWD with sun roof, parking assist, full leather and navigation - MSRP 37025. This will be a 24 month lease. What about 36 as well? 15,000 miles/ year. Will be getting it under A plan though for lot cheaper. I live in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Than you.
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Car Man

Can you provide the residual and MF for a 24 month lease on a 2013 Escape SEL AWD with 302A, nav, and 18" alum wheels. I will be buying extra mile as the total miles for the lease is 42000. Also, is the standard $1000 rebate applicable on a lease the same as it is on a purchase? Not the conquest rebate. I'm in PA.

Thanks