Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• bigadambigadam Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

On a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT MSRP 40,995 with a selling price of $36,531 what would be the monthly lease charge for 36 months 10,500 miles a year?
  • leonglleongl Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Car Men

What is the JUNE money factor or residual percentage for 2011 Explorer (base).
    By the way, The MSRP is $29380, and I am getting close to $27500, is there further room to discuss with?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome azbmwx5. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the latest info for you, chuckg67. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Explorer Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 4.25% and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,500 miles per year is 1% higher.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mmasteryo1. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Explorer Limited 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are 2.25% and 62%, respectively.

The 10,500 mile per year residual values are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to crunch some numbers for you bigadam. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD that has an MSRP of $40,995 with a selling price of $36,531 through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 10,500 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $487.

Car_man
    Host
  • mmasteryo1mmasteryo1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

I was wondering if I should pull the trigger on this deal?

2011 Ford Explorer Limited FWD

MSRP $45,310

SELLING PRICE $42,784 ($500 OVER INVOICE)

24 MONTH/ 12K PER YR

$1500 DOWN PAYMENT

MONTHLY PAYMENT $682

THOUGHTS? THANKS!
  • techman69techman69 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a qoute for a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited fully loaded with a MSRP of $50,215. 10500 per yr mileage, 36 month lease $2,900 to cover NYS tax, 1st months, fees. $668.00 a month but I have the X-plan, so it went down to $629.00 a month. I love the truck it has everything i need in a vehicle but I think it's just a bit to high for a explorer. hope this helps
  • vikashvikash Member Posts: 1
    You can get an MDX for 12000 miles per year for this $600, even an Merc ML 350 also.
    Hi mmasteryo1. $500 over dealer invoice is a good selling price for a leased Explorer, but I personally don't think that I could bring myself to pay nearly $700 per month for an Explorer. It's a really nice truck, but for that kind of money one could drive a ton of amazing vehicles or an SUV with just as much utility for half the price.

Car_man
    Host
  • mmasteryo1mmasteryo1 Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

Thank-you. I appreciate the honest feedback. What would you recommend. I just turned in an ML-350. I liked it, but was going to wait until the new 2012 came out, but was told by my dealer that they would be going at MSRP for a while. I also tried BMW X5, but with the minimum of $1500 down payments were north of $900. In short, what type of crossover/SUV would you recommend to lease with the features that the Explorer Limited comes with, specifically the 302a pkg (e.g., cool & heated seats; navigation; etc.)

THanks!
  • eckerslyeckersly Member Posts: 2
    What are the current Residual and Money Factor for 2011 Explorer XLT FWD

Are these numbers different if it is an AWD?

Also, Do i do the calculations with the MSRP or the MSRP minus the Rapid Spec discount. In other words do i take the residual times the MSRP or the MSRP minus the Rapid Spec discount?

Thanks for your help!
  • adam3477adam3477 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee X package. Here is the offer I negotiated on the table.

They will buy out my existing lease payments ( approx $1200)
    Get me into an X package with Nav $MSRP $37,825 i think it was
    Selling me the car for $33,972 ($3,853 off MSRP)
    $2600 total Out of pocket
    $439/ month for 39 month ( tax in )
    12k miles a year.

IS this a good deal or should I keep shopping?

thanks!
    You're very welcome mmasteryo1. Here's a list of SUVs (or crossovers if you want to call some of them that) that would cost around the same as or less than the Explorer to lease right now:

Acura MDX
    Acura RDX
    Buick Enclave
    Cadillac SRX
    Chevrolet Equinox
    Chevrolet Tahoe
    Chevrolet Suburban
    Ford Edge
    Ford Flex
    GMC Acadia
    Honda Pilot
    Infiniti FX35...

I think that you get the idea. There's a ton of great vehicles out there that are better deals than the Explorer to lease right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eckersly. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2011 Ford Explorer is 4.0%.

That's a good question about the option package discount. I believe that you would use the full MSRP prior to the discount to calculate your vehicle's residual.

Car_man
    Host
  • carfreak1229carfreak1229 Member Posts: 6
    I don't like the sound of that deal. Im looking at a 2011 explorer xlt with 202 package and roofrails and I calculated it at 456 $0 down. Build you explorer on edmunds and use www.leaseguide.com 's calculator. I put my explorer with 4.0 percent interest and 57 percent residual. You can go lower! :)
  • carfreak1229carfreak1229 Member Posts: 6
    I'm sorry kapnet! I used the numbers that the post #366 used. I also used a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT FWD with 202 package and roofrails. Sorry! :surprise:
  • mikem66mikem66 Member Posts: 1
    What are FMC's July 5th+ lease numbers and incentives for a 2011 Explorer Limited @ 15,000/yr.

Interested in the residual / apr for Tier 0. As well as any incentives being offered.

Thanks!
  • debbie95debbie95 Member Posts: 1
    live in NY and want to lease 2011 Explorer limited. Any idea what's a good lease price with paying taxes up front ?
  • tandortandor Member Posts: 5
    Car man
    Can you tell me what FMC's July lease numbers and incentives for a 2011 Explorer Limited 36 month 15,000/yr.

Interested in the residual / apr as well as any incentives being offered.

Do you have any ideas about when the 2012's will be out and if they will offer any incentives right away or not?

Thanks in advance.
    Has anybody leased under the 24 Month Lease Program they have right now?

It looks like a good deal. I would like to see how much $$ anybody is getting off of the vehicle now since it is the end of the model year and the 2012's are out soon.
  • david260david260 Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody help me out with comparable lease deals? I am looking for Explorer XLT wth the 202a package. I am not done negotiating but so far the deal they are offering is $516/month plus only first month due at signing for a 39 month lease with 10,500 miles/year. I am located in Long Island, NY.

Thanks!!
    This forum seems a bit abandoned... Here is what I am working on in NJ..
    24 mo Lease special
    .5% APR
    63% Residual
    15K yr
    2011 XLT 202A - Moonroof - Polished Wheels - Voice Nav - Pwr Liftgate
    Sticker $41500 -- Negotiated Price 39300
    Cant seem to get the Lease #'s right tho... Can anyone tell what they should be? I'm being quoted $509 with $3000 OOP.. Seems high
  • bretebrete Member Posts: 8
    carman what are the lease rates on the explorer xlt 24 and 36 months with 10,500 miles per year?
    Any incentives available on leases? Do ou think $500 over invoice is possible to obtain?
  • paulthebuilderpaulthebuilder Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal I got, seems pretty good:

XLT/4WD/Moonroof/voicenav/powerliftgate

Sell price $37,947
    $1000 down pmt
    Lease 36 months, 12K/yr @ $469 per month, plus tax (I think is $1449)
  • bretebrete Member Posts: 8
    Xlt with 4wd, 202a, moonroof and nav
    Sale price $36,383 , msrp $40530
    Upfront aq fee and 1st payment +dmv fee + doc fee $75 total about $1200
    $457 per month for 24 months(includes tax), 10500 miles per year

I thinK I got a great deal
    Picking it up next week
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    edited September 2011
    Sticker, $46,507, paid $41,563. 15,000 mile/year lease. $630.00/month with Wear Care. 39 months, $3000 down. Wonderful dealership, Friendly Ford, Las Vegas.
  • jamesd10jamesd10 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2012 XLT w 4WD and Nav, seems like the 2012, the higher end models, and the 24 mos lease is a better deal than the 2011 and 36 mos.

The MSRP was $39,700. The lease was 24 months and 15K miles per year. I basically wanted to prepay the entire thing so it was $14,050 (excluding sales tax) total for everything....and the dealer let me put it all on my credit card so I could max an airline miles deal that I wanted with my card.

The deal that I came in for started out with the base 2WD XLT and $34,600 MRSP with a 24 mo lease was $319/mo + $4,000 down and 10,500 miles. Once I ran the #'s, upgrading to the 4WD and NAV only added $900 to the the total lease cost because the residual was 69% on the higher end vehicle vs. 63% on the base. I increased the miles to 15K per year and that added another $1,350 to the cost

I'm in the SF bay area. Just thought I'd pass this on. Seemed like a good deal especially for the 2012. I was scratching my head because they had some 2011's but gave a better deal on the 2012.
  • samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    2012 4WD Explorer XLT
    Options: Package 205A, Vista Roof, Power Lift Gate, NAV, Dealer instld. Remote Start
    Selling Price: $37,159
    Out of pocket: $2000
    Monthly $509
    36 months/12,000 miles
    This inclides all taxes, DMV, doc, bank fee, etc.

Seems like I did ok?
  • po65nypo65ny Member Posts: 34
    Hi Carman:

Do you have September MF and residual value for Explorer Limited 2WD - 39 mos and 10,500 miles?

Does the Ecoboost v. V6 make a difference in the residual value?

Thanks!
    edited September 2011
    Hi po65ny. Ford Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 2WD with 10,500 miles per year 4.5% and 53%, respectively.

I don't think that the engine has an impact upon this truck's residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • copperskiercopperskier Member Posts: 7
    Car man, would you happen to have the Oct buy rate lease money factor and residual of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12k per year? Any benefit to go shorter or longer than 36mos? Thanks!
    I certainly would copperskier. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Your payment will definitely be higher on a 24-month lease, but you might be able to shave a few bucks per month off by going with a 39-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • ew_magicew_magic Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have a good idea about what an Explorer XLT 4WD option package 205A and powerlift gate and dual panel moonroof show go for on a lease in Massachusettes? The website states something way off from the dealer - who insists that the lease rate can go up 100/month just on taxes.

Lease I'm looking for is 36 months at 12K/year.
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    Car_Man: If you would please give me the residual, and money factor/lease rate for a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 12k, 36 39 and 42 month lease, and any incentives they have running. Thank you so much.
  • tycalmctycalmc Member Posts: 3
    I have never leased before but am considering it, what should i look out for? I am looking at the ford explorer lease on the 2012 explorer XLT with leather for $319 and i can not figure out the factor or residual money. Can anyone help with this. I want to go into the dealer and add the mileage to 19,000 miles a year and not get screwed over. thanks for your help I live in upstate NY.
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    You can bet your payment will be $619 or quite likely more with zero down. $319 on a $40,000 SUV is too good to be true even at 10,500 miles per year. Since you're in NY you can bet your taxes and dmv, etc will also put your payment $40+ higher by themselves.

Also, you don't want to lease at 19,000 miles per year because your warranty will expire less than 2 years into the lease. Being under bumper to bumper warranty is one of the main reasons to lease.
    Greetings peteyboy30. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer XLT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 3.75% and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are 6.75% and 48%.

I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • orangegringoorangegringo Member Posts: 6
    Car Man and other experts and folks with experience,

Looking at Premium trim Enclave and Limited trim Explorer. Will add nav and entertainment. Want the car loaded. Dallas Texas. Not certain whether will lease or buy.

Questions:
    1) residual and lease rate for both?
    2) any rebates, deals, or negotiating tactics or ideas for both?
    3) assuming best and expected negotiated price, what lease price should I expect for both for 36 or 39 months at 12k miles per year?
    4) what price should I expect to negotiate if I buy ( I have pre approved financing through bank) for both?
    5) anything else I should know or consider from a financial standpoint for both?
    6) thoughts on which vehicle I should buy. They both approach the small crossover three row suv differently, but we like both and appreciate the access to the third row with the captain second row. Anyone own one and like or dislike specific features?
    7) finally, I will be trading in an 08 Lexus es350 with 34k miles on it. The car is in very good shape and shows well. What should I be able to get on trade in?

Really appreciate help on this. I'm a used car guy that normally sells my old car myself. I'm treading in unfamiliar water and could use help and guidance. I hope to do a deal tomorrow.
  • engrgradengrgrad Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    My wife wants to lease a 2012 Explorer XLT 4x4 with 205a package, trailer tow, leather mytouch, moonroof and the 3.5 l v-6. I drove it last night and we liked it.

My wife wants a 27 mo lease w/19500 miles per year (Michigan).

Dealer is quoting the following:

MSRP is $42330

1. A plan price: 38,058.93
    2. Residual: 60%
    3. Rate 1.5% (0.000625)
    4. Acquisition Fee $595

Monthly payment is 466.08/mo with only first month's payment down.

Note that Ford is currently offering 2000 incentive for non Ford lease holders to come and lease a Ford. But dealer says that with leasing, the 2,000 is applied as a down payment and not used against the MSRP if I were to purchase. I am not sure this is correct, but it allows us to leave the dealer with only the first month's payment.

Car man et al - does this sound like a decent deal? I run spreadsheets and it appears legit but I am likely missing something w/regards to the non-Ford lease incentive.
    Hi engrgrad. The fact that you are able to get this truck through Ford's A-Plan means that you are getting a good selling price on it. This looks like a good deal to me.

The dealer was correct, the cash incentive for current lessees of non-Ford vehicles is only available on new leases...not cash purchases.

Car_man
    Host
  • tywebb1973tywebb1973 Member Posts: 115
    Car man,

Can you provide the residuals and money factors on the 2012 XLT AWD and Limited AWD?
  • zoom03zoom03 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Car_man

I am looking for 36-month lease of a 2012 Explorer Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year DEC lease rate.

Is there any difference in lease rate for 4WD ?

Any other incentives for dec ? I am looking to get this deal done in a week.

Thanks again
  • green69green69 Member Posts: 17
    I would say this is a good deal for the miles you want. The $2000.00 competitor lease cash rebate is good either buying or leasing. There is also a $1000.00 regional incentive in the Detroit area and that can be used in addition to the $2,000.00 if your buying. The extra $1,000. Will not work on a lease.
    Now, go to Ford Explorers web site and request a brochure on the car, you may very well receive a $750.00 additional rebate, (unadvertised) just for you that you can use in addition to all others, lease or buy...
    I just ordered a 2012 Explorer XLT, 205 A,moon roof,trailer tow, blk./blk. What is the current wait time on Explorer orders? I realize Chicago assembly is closed for the week after Christmas. Appreciate any inside knowledge on how long customers currently are waiting. Thanks
  • navalspartannavalspartan Member Posts: 1
    Green69,

Are you saying that you are able to use A/X plan, plus get the $2000 competitor lease cash rebate, plus the $1000 regional incentive, while also applying the $750 additional rebate from the website?

If you are active duty military, would you be able to tack on that rebate?

How carefully do they screen for the competitor lease rebate (i.e., what level of proof do you need to show?)?

Thanks,

Naval
    Naval,
    That's correct if your buying you can use them all. If your leasing then just the competitor $2000.00 and the $750.00 coupon from ordering a bro sure.
    They verify the competitor lease by running a copy of your registration. You do not have to turn the lease in, but they do check. Military discount, ck. with your dealer but I would think it would also apply. One note on the $750. bonus coupon you get with ordering a brosure, it is only good with x plan , not A.
  • assiasonassiason Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease an XLT 2WD with an MSRP of $35,680.
    I have searched but cannot find Ford's buy rate's or residuals
    for a 27 month lease anywhere so I am a little lost here. This is what
    I have been quoted from a local dealer.

money down $3,282
    Net Cap Cost $32,613
    Money factor =1.5%
    Residual 63%
    15k Miles

Payment $393 + tax.

I have asked for the cap cost so i can see what theey are selling the
    vehicle for should have tomorrow. Does this look like a good deal or do
    I have some room for negotiating this deal? also are there any rebates for new ford leases?
    I see people talking about them but edmunds and ford.com says otherwise.
    Thanks for your help
    Ask your salesperson outright, what incentives are currently being offer. If you know anyone that works for Ford or if you own at least 100 shares of Ford stock,
    (for at least 6 mo.) ask to get an X plan price. A friend or neighbor that works for Ford can get X plan offers for friends. Owning Ford stock, contact Ford share
    Holder relations and request X plan. They will send you the form and details.
    Residual: you mentioned 63% for a 15,000 mile 27 month, that sounds correct. Ford figures their residual value for their leases off of MSRP. (that works in your favor when leasing, higher the residual, lower lease cost.). 63% x $35,680 MSRP
    =$22,478. Residual. Also request a Ford brosure on several Ford cars from their web-site, you very likely will get a $750.00 bonus incentive offer, unadvertized
    Just for you. And it can be used with other incentives and x plan. Good luck!
  • zoom03zoom03 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    hello car_man,

The car is on the lot. Looking for 2012 Explorer Limited with 302 A package.

MSRP is 46K+

December Lease Rate on

27 mth 15000 miles 36 mth 12000 miles
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.