Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome npurvis. Yes, the conquest cash should be available in addition to the other incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • npurvisnpurvis Member Posts: 13
    Car-Man - I am in South Florida, do you have the exact money factor for an explorer limited and slt in my area? Thanks!
  • nova1204nova1204 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man

I am looking at a 2014 Explorer limited with the 301A package and sunroof. Can you tell me what the dealer invoice is on this car? Can you give me the 36 month MF and RV with 15K miles and 17.5K miles per year?

If you have the same lease info on the XLT that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
  • ncnyawkerncnyawker Member Posts: 23
    Car Man- Do you have the July lease rates for 2014 Explorer 4WD and 2WD Limited? We couldn't do this without you! Thanks.
  • sarasitaridessarasitarides Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I would also like to know this! Trying to negotiate a deal on a 2014 Limited w/ 301a package. They gave me a deal of $535 a month plus tax/36 months/12k miles, just inception fees due. I'm in South Florida, trying to determine if this is a good deal or not.
  • bretebrete Member Posts: 8
    Just signed the paperwork to lease a Platnium White 2013 Limited, 36 months, 10,500 per year. 301a package, moon roof, wheel upgrade, all weather mats. MSRP 46,455, sales price 43,733
    Rebates: $2000+500+750=3,250
    Net sales price $40,483 +aqq fee, tax, 75 doc fee, tags
    Residual 53%, interest .75%
    Tax rolled into payments
    Monthly payment $518
  • iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    Can you please give the lease values on a 2013 explorer for august, 10K/year? Thanks very much.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The interest rate on Explorer leases is 0.25% on 24 month leases, and 0.75% on 36 month leases.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any residual information.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, what is the ford lease acq fee?
    Sorry.. I don't have that info...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My brother was quoted a 3% rate on a 2014 39 month lease explorer with an MSRP of 41380, selling price 39500 after 1000 rebate. This seems high. Thoughts?
    sorry to be a bother, my brother is trying to close a deal soon and I want to make sure he is getting the best rate possible....
  • tuftyconchtuftyconch Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I am new to the concept of leasing. Also, I do not have many details that others are posting and will be requesting that. A southern California dealer quoted a lease payment of $620 month (which includes taxes of 8%) for 36 months with 15,000 miles for an Explorer Limited that has a MSRP of $44,000. Finally, that is with no money down. Does this have the sounds of a fair deal?
    Sorry.. it doesn't look like we have any 2014 model lease numbers available..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• salsacuteysalsacutey Member Posts: 3
    you are being ripped off tufyconch. if the msrp is 44k, then you could get it down to 40-41k and this doesnt inlcude the 2k rebate currently out. i just got a quote for 2014 limited with 302a package, 12k miles - $501 monthly with 2500 inception fees including 7% taxes.
  • hummerwagonhummerwagon Member Posts: 1
    I am headed to the dealer tomorrow and am actually looking to lease 2 new vehicles. One is a 2014 Explorer sport. I would like a 39 month lease. Did the updated numbers come in yet? I want to know what I should be looking for when I go in. The other vehicle would be a Ford Taurus limited. I will post in that category separately.

Any advice or info is appreciated.
    I'm sorry... I only have 2013 model year numbers, at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• daxt24daxt24 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone.
    I wanted to see what the lease factor is on a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT or Limited. Also any examples of what people are seeing as a payment. MSRP 41-42. Sales price 38. I just got an offer for 672 a month includes tax at 24 months at 39 months. These guys are out of there minds are do Fords really lease this poorly?
  • rdb0222rdb0222 Member Posts: 26
    just signed 36 month lease on a limited for 530 a month including all taxes/excise etc.. msrp 48k 1k in rebates and another 4k off from dealer. 2k down residual is 57% and .75 interest
  • geoguy99geoguy99 Member Posts: 10
    Can someone post the current residual and MF for a '14 Explorer Sport on a 36 month lease with 15k per year? Thank you.
    I'm sorry.. we don't have the Ford residuals this month... the money factor for a 36 mo. lease is 1%, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amn2amn2 Member Posts: 1
    Is this fair for lease? 2014 - options are 202A package, Navigation, powerlift gate, tow.
    MSRP: $40,575
    down to $36,244 (using xplan and $1500 RCL)
    36 month lease, 12000 miles
    $2000 cash due at signing
    $445/mo payments (which include 7.725% taxes)
    dealer advises Gov't fees of $52.75 & $80 doc fee which is included; also advises money factor is 1.75% and 55% residual

Looking for any comments. THANKS
  • gooch5gooch5 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    Brooklyn, NY

Equip group 401 A
    Pearl White

$540 monthly
    $1600 out of pocket at signing
    36 mo 15k mile lease

Not sure what MSRP was because my wife did the negotiating this time :) Better prices than I was able to get locally.
  • saucemangsaucemang Member Posts: 24
    hows this deal:

40880 msrp explorer XLT

330 down at signing, nothing else down.

36 months

408.00 per month (Tax included) with 10500 miles per year.

Is there anymore room for them to move? I dont expect there is...
  • erictornwallerictornwall Member Posts: 1
    October Residuals and MF on 2014 Sport for 24/15, 36/15 please - anyone?
    Residuals are 63% and 54% respectively.

I'm sorry, but we don't have the money factors for October...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jbrabhamjbrabham Member Posts: 13
    Hi, does anyone know the lease details for Explorer Sport for NY/NJ area? 36 month lease 10.5k miles, explorer sport. Thanks
  • navid_anavid_a Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Hi, I would like to know what the residual is for a 36 month 10K miles per year lease in the Los Angeles area. If anyone knows the money factor as well that would be great. Thanks!
    2014 Explorer Sport residual for 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease is 57% for the 4th Quarter.. Unfortunately, I don't have money factors...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Residuals are model specific... Anywhere from 53% - 57% for 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease for the 4th Quarter..

We don't have money factors for November, yet..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• navid_anavid_a Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx thanks for the reply! I am looking specifically at the XLT. From some of my correspondence with dealers, it appears the money factor is 0.0003125 (0.75%). Seems the residual is 56%, just wanted to verify that.
    Yes.. .the residual is correct... Can't comment on the MF, since I don't have that information..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pstarrpstarr Member Posts: 1
    Don't know if you already got your explorer, But i'm in GA and I just got a limited.
    MSRP $47,235
    36month
    12,000miles/yr
    $570 per month
    Made first months payment at the dealership.
  • m3nphlsm3nphls Member Posts: 4
    Here in Brooklyn for a 2014 XLT with 202A package, powerlift, gps and 20".

MSRP $41,000
    36 months / 12,000 miles/yr

$2838 due at signing and $459/m
  • ltbrownltbrown Member Posts: 6
    GREATLY appreciate any wisdom, insight and/or help ANYONE can provide regarding a $378/month 36/month term lease we were quoted in Arizona for a 2014 Explorer XLT. They are also willing to pick up the first month’s payment and no out of pocket costs as we will be trading in our 2000 audi a6 2.7 twin turbo awd quarto. Would you consider this a “fair” price? Thoughts? – Thank you!!!

Price Information BASE PRICE $32,600

Included on this Vehicle
    EQUIPMENT GROUP 202A $3,220
    DRIVER CONNECT PACKAGE
    MYFORD TOUCH
    SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYSTEM
    REAR VIEW CAMERA
    DUAL ZONE AUTO TEMP CONTROL
    PREMIUM AUDIO W/9 SPEAKERS
    COMFORT PACKAGE W/LEATHER

Optional Equipment
    2014 MODEL YEAR
    RUBY RED METALLIC TC $395
    LIGHT STONE LEATHER HEATED
    .3.5L V6 TIVCT ENGINE
    6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
    POWER LIFTGATE $495
    CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
    TRAILER TOW PACKAGE CLASS III $570
    20" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS $1,195
    BLIS/REAR INFLAT BELT PACKAGE $595
    .BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYS
    .2ND ROW OUTBOARD INFLAT BLTS
    SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION
    TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS $39,965

RAPID SPEC SAVINGS -720

TOTAL MSRP $39,245
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    Hello ltbrown. A few questions for you.

How much is the dealer offering you for the Audi?
    What isvthe selling price of the Explorer?
    Money factor? Residual?

All of the above are factors in determining if the monthly pmt is good or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I just sent you an email with the details I was given from the dealership. Unfortunately being new to this I don't really know what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I saw your email. Please repost here so all can benefit from the information.

You can (and should) negotiate the selling price. Use the tools here on edmunds to determine invoice price and true market value.

Money factor is the interest rate for a lease. Residual is the value placed by the finance company on the truck at the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Here are the details I was just provided:

Appreciate your thoughts on whether or not this is a "fair"deal:

For the Audi: 3,500

Final selling price. 36,000 With rebates.

Money factor    .75

Residual 55%
    Do you know how much the rebates are? Might be some more room to negotiate on the selling price.

And, the money factor looks off. Generally, it's a very small decimal value that yields a percentage when multiplied by 2400. It's possible that what you were quoted is the actual interest rate, which is very low (and good).

Generally it's not a good idea to put money, or trade equity, down on a lease. If your vehicle is totaled or stolen, you are out that money. If you had the dealer cut you a check for the trade value of the Audi, your lease payment would increase about $100/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

First off, THANK YOU! For your swift reply and wisdom so far!!

HERE IS the response I just received from the dealership:

.....Just a quick recap, The incentives figured in is 1,500. That is everything included with the Lease Program. Black Friday Cash Is only offered on a retail purchase. The money Factor is correct at .75,

Is it possible for you to purchase today? I can have you out of the store in an HR from the time you show. Just have to paperwork and detail the explorer. Hopefully my last email answered any additional questions you had. Lastly I am scheduled until 4pm today, most likely will not get out any time near 4pm.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to move forward with the deal I can start the process before you arrive today.

................................................................................- ..............................

Based on the above, would you consider this a "good" deal or good enough for us to make the effort to head back today?? Thanks again!!!
    I think the deal is "good enough" to go forward.

One last question - do you know how good your credit is?

Let us know how everything goes!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ford uses APRs for their money factors.... So, the MF in this case is 0.75%. Divide by 2400 to get an approximate money factor to use in lease calculations.. It won't be exact, but it will be close...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pahomerpahomer Member Posts: 7
    Personally, I don't think the deal is that great. Pricing in Northern Virginia advertised prices has discounts of $5k to $7k off MSRP. I would check The TrueCar website pricing as it tracks actual sales prices. Also, search dealer prices online.

Second, the I would call a couple dealer finance departments and ask for money factors and residuals for the trim level, mileage, and lease term you are looking at. These can vary by dealer.

Lastly, as you said you are new to leasing be mindful of charges you may face at the lease termination for wear and tear beyond "normal", and excess mileage over your allowance.

Agree with the post of limiting your down payment as it has minimal impact on interest paid (lease charge) and you won't recoup it if your car is totaled. Found this out the hard way when we lost a car to a flood.

Good luck.
  • dawndawn1dawndawn1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I'm getting ready to lease an Explorer Sport, 401A equiptment package, tow package, 2nd row bucket seats, and dual moon roof. Right around $48K. $2K down. I'm A Plan eligible and military, so $2K off on rebates plus around $3.5K off on A-Plan. I've negotiated an amazing price on my trade, well over what KBB, NADA, and Edmunds say I should get. In fact, a tad over what those sites say the dealer can sell it for.

36 months, 10,500 miles.

I don't know what the residual is. I've been playing the dealerships off each other, and both want me to come in to discuss the resid. I've been successful negotiating everything else mostly phone/email.

If my resid is 55%, or $26,400, with a decent money factor, and payments of about $540 (I'm way upside down on my trade) then I think I'm getting a deal.

Should I push harder? The dealership doesn't seem to have needed much pushing to get them to this point.

All it really took was my week long stand-off because I wanted a Sport with the 401A options, but NOT moonroof or tow package. So, I told them they could throw in the extras for free (by giving me more on the trade) or I'd order and they wouldn't sell it until after the first of the year, and risk the inventory if I changed my mind.

Sorry for the long post.
    I show a money factor of 0.75%, and a residual of 57% for 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rshah2rshah2 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking for the same features but am not getting a price as good as yours

Can you tell me where you leased your Explorer. I would lease for the same price

Please let me know
    Thanks
  • machambimachambi Member Posts: 2

XLT , 202A, trailer package, moon roof, 20' , 12K
    0 down , $470pm including CA taxes.
    60% residual, 1.49%MF
    i traded in a car but there was a lien on the car almost at KBB trade in value. hope it helps someone

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 1/7/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pstallinpstallin Member Posts: 4

I am looking to lease a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited here in California. I want the car fully loaded and MSRP is around $45650. I have contacted one dealer in the area and he gave me quotes of money factor = 0.5 and Residual of 51% on 36 month lease with 12K per year mileage. There is currently a $1750 rebate for leases on this car.

This seems like a horrible deal! I;ve been reading consistently on this forum of MF's of .75, and residuals in the 55-60% range.

Any advice why my quotes are so bad?

This discussion has been closed.