Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Lease Questions

Comments

• xfinityguyxfinityguy Member Posts: 7
    I was approved for a Tier 1 Ford Motor Credit lease. I first looked at a Ford Fusion SE with Sun and Sync Package as this is what they were advertising on TV. With a 10,500 mile lease on 24 months, my payment would be 192.94 (w tax) and $2740.72 Down due at signing including first month payment. I get Xplan pricing with my work and they told me this is the absolute best deal I can get. The residual is $15790.95 which is 63%.

The second option to my surprise was to lease an SEL (fully loaded w/o appearance pack) model Fusion for 194.96 for 24 months with a residual of $18,851.20. 62%. Same down payment. I am trying to understand with Xplan pricing if this is a good deal on either of these. I would like a 12,000 mile lease, but it will be roughly be about $12 a month they said would take my payment to $208. I have to bring the car back tomorrow and make a decision. I was going to ask them to split the difference on the mileage extra so I could stay at $199. The residual seems high on these but I will probably turn the car in because I will be upside down at the lease turn in. What are anybodys thoughts on these? Should I go for it with the xplan or am I getting taken? Please help. I am a first time lease customer. Also, the manager said the xplan was $125-150 above invoice and I am getting the "best deal anybody can get". Thanks.
  • annierannier Member Posts: 2
    Trying to make a deal on a Focus Sedan SEL w/ 303A, navigation, and winter package. This is my 3rd Focus, but 1st lease. I'm really worried the numbers are bad.

The Ford package discounts are throwing off my calculations. The MSRP is $24,555 but that is after the package and sync discounts on the window sticker ($365 and $395, respectively). Dealer says the residual, 58% is based on the non-discounted $25315. Does that make sense??

I'm being offered $316/month, 58%, 3%, $449 due at signing for 36/10,500. Selling price is supposedly $23,100 after $250 rebate. Is 3% the current buy rate?

I'm in Detroit, and they say I'm doing better than X-Plan, but just barely. Leasing makes sense for me this time, but I much prefer purchasing. These numbers are making me so nervous!!

Annie :blush:
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Hi again Car_man,

Do you have the lease money factor and residual for a 36-month lease of a Focus ST Hatchback with 12K miles per year? Or is there another program with a better combination of LMF and residual? I only drive about 6K miles/year so I could go down on mileage too if they offer it. Thanks again!

Ben
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Ben. Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus ST Hatchback with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% to 2.5% (varies by region) and 52%.

You should be able to do a lease with 10,500 miles per year. The residual value for that would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car Man,

Was hoping you could please give me the Ford Credit January residual and money factors for both 24 and 36 month leases as 10.5k miles per year for the 4 Door Focus SE. Thanks in advance.
    I'd be happy to help you out benneyb. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Focus SE 4 Door with 10,500 miles per year are 1.0% and 66%.

Ford is providing cash incentives on leases of this car right now, but they vary by region. If you tell me what state you are in I should be able to give you an idea of what they should be like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Car Man - I am in New Jersey.
    You're very welcome benneyb. Ford is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on lesses of the 2013 Focus through Ford Credit in its New York region.

Car_man
    Host
  • leepoffaithleepoffaith Member Posts: 38
    Hey Carman!

Could you provide residuals and money factors on 2013 Ford Focus Electric for 24 and 36 months for 12k per year? Thanks!
  • rehanmrehanm Member Posts: 1
    I am seriously considering a Ford Focus ST and want to add a Shelby package. Is there a way to lease this car? Thanks
    Certainly leepoffaith. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Focus Electric with 12,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.25% and 47%.

There is currently a massive $10,750 cash incentive on leases of this model. I suspect that includes the $7,500 government credit, but still that's a lot of cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rehanm. Ford actually is not currently providing any lease support on the 2013 Focus ST. As a result, you really don't want to lease one. It would be super expensive to do so.

Car_man
    Host
  • scurrymanscurryman Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I am looking to lease either a Focus Se or Titanium 5-door in Michigan (X-plan). I'm finding that both the website and the dealer are pretty useless when it comes to the incentives and terms! Are the lease terms & incentives the same for these 2 models? What is the interest rate and residual for 3 years/15K miles? Any place to find this info online (other than asking in this forum)?

Finally, I understand that Ford Credit offers both a "multiple security deposit" and prepaid option to reduce lease payments. These are typically achieved by lowering the interest rate. Can you tell me the reduction available for each program?

Thanks!
  • carvasdcarvasd Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi Carman, It's great to see how helpful you're with folks here :)

I'm in the market for 2013 Ford Focus SE Lease, and I just got an offer from a local dealer here in NY, so I'm wondering if the numbers I got match yours and are a fair trade:

MSRP - $20,585 (Base + Automatic + Winter Pkg)
    24 Mo Lease
    MF 2%
    Res 66%
    Total OOP - $2,918.84
    LEV - $13,586.10
    - $199.99 / mo

Thank you very much!
    Greetings scurryman. Ford Credit's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus 5-door SE with 15,000 miles per year in Michigan are 1.5% and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Focus 5-door Titanium are 1.5% and 53%.

Ford is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of these models in your area.

The interest rate on leases of these cars is already pretty low. You probably wouldn't be able to lower them much by making MSDs. Banks won't go below zero on lease rates. I don't know Ford Credit's exact deduction for additional deposits.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carvasd. Ford Credit's current 24-month base lease rate for the 2012 Focus in New York is 1.0%, not 2%. If your credit is in good shape, the dealer may be trying to mark your car's rate up on you. The residual value that you were quoted is correct for a lease with 10,000 miles per year.

You really should find out what this car's selling price is before finalizing your deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is ore difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate. If I was in the market for a new Focus, I personally would aim for a selling price that's a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price listed here minus the $750 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • carvasdcarvasd Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot!.. I'm learning a lot from you and in these forums :)

I'm probably moving to a Mazda 3 lease (even posted a question for you ;) ), but I definitely need to complete my research first :)
  • jcykjcyk Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residuals on a Focus SE Automatic for 36 months and 12k miles? I am in Michigan and qualify for X-plan.

Thanks!
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please post the residuals and MF for the 2013 Focus Electric (36 months)? I see they've increased RCL customer cash to $11,750 for April.

Also, do you know if the Competitive Lease Conquest Cash can be applied toward leases?

Thanks!
  • loboco23loboco23 Member Posts: 17
    Car man would you consider this a good deal in California
    MSRP - $22730
    Price - $21674.72
    Adj Cap cost - $22267.03
    Tax - $885
    govt fees $278.75
    Acq fee $645
    doc fee - $80
    Rebate $750
    Term - 36
    Miles - 15k
    Residual 55
    Rate told this was money factor 2.25
    $0 down
    Payment with tax - $327.94
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

Will you please provide the money factor, residual, and any additional incentives for the lease of a 2013 Ford Focus SE Hatchback Automatic with 12000 miles/yr for 36 months? For this area, with an MSRP of $21985, what's a good selling price to shoot for?

Thanks,
    Will_KSU
  • orifriendorifriend Member Posts: 3
    Car man

I'm looking to lease a Focus S or SE in Boise, ID, with 15,000 miles. Can you please provide MF and residual value for a 24 and 36 month lease? I've been offered a 36 month lease on a manual Focus SE with a gross cap cost of $15739 (including $645 acquisition fee), an adjusted cap cost of $14975, a residual of $8477, and a monthly payment of $225 (including $12 in sales/use tax). Since this is the dealer's first offer, I'm sure there's room to move but don't know what to ask for - presumably I want to negotiate the cap cost, MF, and residual? The same dealer is advertising the car for sale at $13,800 on its Web site. Any help is much appreciated!

Orifriend
    You're very welcome carvasd.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jcyk. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year in Detroit are 1.25% and 57%.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go empowah. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus Electric with 15,000 miles per year are 0.50% and 43%.

You are correct about the massive lease cash. I assume that the lease cash can be combined with the conquest cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi loboco23 The car that you're interested in has a spread of at least $1,250 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. There's another $750 cash incentive available on it on top of that, for a minimum of $2,000. I'd say that the selling price that you were quoted looks good.

Ford Credit's base lease rate for a 36-month lease of this car in your area is 1.25%. Make sure that the dealer uses that rate to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Will_KSU. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus SE Hatchback with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% to 1.75% (depending upon what region your are in) and 56% You can convert these published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi orifriend. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Focus S with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 1.75% and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Focus Sedan SE are 1.75% and 55%.

If I am correct about the region that Idaho is in there is a $250 cash incentive on leases of either of these cars right now.

Try to negotiate as low a selling price on this car as possible. The lower the selling price is, the lower your payment will be. Look up this vehicle's dealer invoice price here at Edmunds, subtract the cash incentive from that and shoot for a selling price as close to that as you can get.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man - thanks for the info. Can you let me know what the residual is for a 24 month lease of a Focus S or Focus SE? I assume the Ford credit base lease rate is the same as you noted for a 3 year lease (1.75%). I'm in Boise, Idaho. Thank you!
    You're welcome orifriend. The lease rates actually vary by term. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Focus S with 15,000 miles per year in your area are 0.25% and 61%.

The lease rate for the Focus SE is the same, but the residual value is 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    car_man - thank you for all this incredibly helpful information. Is that a typo or the base lease rate in Boise for a 24-month lease on a Focus really 0.25%? (I was just quoted 1.25% so am confirming they are too high). Thanks.
  • cellicecellice Member Posts: 53
    Do you have leasing information on the Focus ST in the MD/VA/DC area?

Any incentives? Conquest? Etc?
    Hi cellice. For some reason Ford has decided not to provide any lease support on the ST version of the Focus. As a result, leasing one right now really doesn't make any sense. If you really want a Focus are are set on leasing, you should go with a different trim, like an S, SE, SEL or Titanium.

Car_man
    Host
  • vigosvigos Member Posts: 6
    hi all, I got an email from a dealer in TX saying that there's a special memorial day lease for the focus SE (20.310 MSRP) for $ 229 per month for 24 months. $0 down but first payment and TT&L due at signing.
    oh, and 10.5 miles per year.

do you know if all the dealers will have this or only this one? and would it apply to the SE with other packages (like the appearance one 201A)? I would expect a slight price increase in this case of course.
  • akileezakileez Member Posts: 4
    Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out how much my monthly payment should be for this car in Texas.
    Here is the information I have received thus far from the dealer:

First response: "Lease: Including the $11,750 rebate and lease residual , your remaining balance is roughly $14,370 Retail: Including $2,000 rebate, your total balance is $41,791"

Second Response: "

Since the $284 showing on the Ford.com site does not include TTL, you would be paying TTL + first payment as a down payment.
    Here is the breakdown for you based off of 10,500 miles per year:
    Includes TTL + first payment
    36 month lease
    $3,109 down payment (TTL + first payment)
    Payment = $282

Excludes TTL
    36 month lease
    $361 down payment
    Payment = $361

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this;
    ALSO; I am struggling to understand how this car with the same capitalized cost has a 'cheaper' lease payment than the Fusion Hybrid SE

Cheers.
  • rosss1982rosss1982 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for doing this service!

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Focus Titanium Automatic for 36 months and 12k miles? I will be leasing in California and qualify for X-plan.
  • akileezakileez Member Posts: 4
    Hey car_man,

I've been quoted a residual of 43%( I think) for the focus EV, base is 40,490.
    With TTL my monthly payment wld be 361 w nothing down. (10,500 miles)
    There are rebates of 11,750. Money factor is 0.5%.
    Remaining balance is 14,370
    Tax is 6.25% - Texas.
    36 month lease

Does this make sense and cld I get it cheaper?

Thanks a million for any help!
  • tac379tac379 Member Posts: 6
    Hello car_man,

Could you provide me money factor, residual, and any offers on a Ford Focus Titanium hatchback lease. Zip code is 02563, looking for 3 years 36K miles, either 2013 or 2014 model year

Thanks!
  • ashley415ashley415 Member Posts: 2
    In the 66212 zip code (KC). Does anyone have a good lease for a base Focus S

I was told the lease rate was 2 percent for a 36 month.

They're advertising a 199/mo X 36 with 1000 down, with the 300 dollar criminal admin fee, on a 2013 SE Focus with the deposit waived, but it doesn't state the cap cost or the mileage allowed.

12353 is the buy out.

Thk, Ashley
  • ashley415ashley415 Member Posts: 2
    nvm
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    Hi car_man,

I'm in the market for an EV. Could you please provide the lease rates (residual and MF) for the 2014 Focus Electric in Southern California? Looking for 36-months, 10,500 miles per year.

Thanks!
    Michael
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I'm sorry, but I don't have much information for Ford, this month..

The 4th quarter residual for the Focus Electric is 45%, for 36mo, 10.5K/yr..

I know there are large incentives in California on the Focus Electric, as the bank gets the tax credits, but I don't know what they are, or the money factors...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• madsenmadsen Member Posts: 3

Posted this a separate thread. Reposting here:

This is really a general leasing question. I'm thinking of leasing a car through a special offer from the manufacturer (in this case $169/month for Ford Focus). The question is: is there anything I can negotiate in this lease (except the purchase price at lease expiry)? There are multiple Ford dealers nearby. Can I play them out against each other? Or is the special manufacture offer fixed?

I have never leased a car, usually I have bought it outright, so I'm new to leasing.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,058

@madsen said:
    Posted this a separate thread. Reposting here:

This is really a general leasing question. I'm thinking of leasing a car through a special offer from the manufacturer (in this case $169/month for Ford Focus). The question is: is there anything I can negotiate in this lease (except the purchase price at lease expiry)? There are multiple Ford dealers nearby. Can I play them out against each other? Or is the special manufacture offer fixed?

I have never leased a car, usually I have bought it outright, so I'm new to leasing.

You can negotiate the sales price and money factor (interest rate). The residual factor is set by the finance company.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rmc03rmc03 Member Posts: 5

Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Focus Titanium

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@rmc03 said:
    Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Focus Titanium

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

I'm going to assume it's the hatchback, because I like those better.. ;-)

0.25% MF and 61% residual. $1000 lease cash. Add 2% to residual for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nodtknodtk Member Posts: 14

Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Focus Electric 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

@nodtk said:
    Any MF and residual numbers for NJ on a 2014 Ford Focus Electric 36 months 12,000 miles lease? Thanks in advance.

42% residual and .25% MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cew5cew5 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

I have been looking for a Ford Focus Electric and I quickly found they are in short supply. After calling 10+ dealers in my area I found one and they said they could get one on trade. They said another dealership had one on the way up from California (already on the truck). They said it they should have it within a week.

Here is where I believe I made a big mistake. We negotiated the terms and signed the lease. The lease date started from the point we signed. Well, it has been 15 days and still no delivery. I'm basically paying for a car that I don't have, though technically the first payment isn't due until the second month. In retrospect, I should have made a deposit.

Do I have any recourse or is this all on me? I don't mind waiting for the car, but I do mind paying for a car that I don't have. If it had taken 1 week as they originally suggested then it wouldn't be a big deal, but 2+ weeks is frustrating.

@cew5 said:
    I have been looking for a Ford Focus Electric and I quickly found they are in short supply. After calling 10+ dealers in my area I found one and they said they could get one on trade. They said another dealership had one on the way up from California (already on the truck). They said it they should have it within a week.

Here is where I believe I made a big mistake. We negotiated the terms and signed the lease. The lease date started from the point we signed. Well, it has been 15 days and still no delivery. I'm basically paying for a car that I don't have, though technically the first payment isn't due until the second month. In retrospect, I should have made a deposit.

Do I have any recourse or is this all on me? I don't mind waiting for the car, but I do mind paying for a car that I don't have. If it had taken 1 week as they originally suggested then it wouldn't be a big deal, but 2+ weeks is frustrating.

If you haven't yet taken physical delivery of the car - that is, you haven't driven it off the dealer's lot - you may be able to unwind the deal and start over.

You haven't given the dealer any money at this point - cash, check or credit card? If not, that too works in your favor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.