Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Car_man,
    Would you be able to provide the lease rates and residuals for 12K miles per year, on a 24 and 36 month lease on the:

Fusion SE I4 Auto
    Fusion SEL I4 Auto

Thank you!
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Car_man,
    When my lease rates are calculated, are they supposed to calculate the taxes in based on the total vehicle price, or just on the lease payments? I live in Michigan, do you know where I can look up the law on this?

Thanks again.
  • seefralseefral Member Posts: 2
    With the new Ford/Mercury factory incentive offer on Fusion and Milan does anyone know the new money factor and residual for a 39 month 12K mi/yr Milan lease?

Anyone who just leased a Milan I'd like to hear what options you chose, term of lease, mileage/yr, and what you are paying.

Thanks in advance!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, dudette3. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of both the 2007 Ford Fusion SE I4 and 2007 Fusion SEL I4 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.0% and 50%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the lease cash that is currently available on it into account. The exact amount of lease cash that is available varies by region, but it can be as high as $1,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey dudette3. The rules for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles vary from state to state. I am not personally all that familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leases in Michigan, but you may be able to find out by visiting the following sites: Michigan Taxes or Michigan Department of State.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi seefral. Ford Credit's lease program for the Mercury Milan varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in the '07 Milan Base 4-cylinder model. Let me know if you want something different. Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a this car with 12,000 miles per year are 1.75% and 48%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to keep in mind that Ford is currently providing $1,000 lease cash plus a waiver of the first month's lease payment on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    hi carman, looking for money factor and residual value for 2007 Fusion Sel AWD 36 months, 12k miles. thanks alot, joe w
  • 77racing77racing Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 2007 Fusion se4 in Mn zip 55746
    price of vehilce 19491.00
    i received a 1000 rebate
    my residual value after 38 months is 9947.00
    my monthly payment is 258.00 for the 38 months
    is this a great deal good deal or fair deal
    Many Thanks
    PS I paid no money down.just paid 900 for tax license etc out of pocket
  • 77racing77racing Member Posts: 2
    anyone could use some advice and knowledge here
    Thanks
  • digler84digler84 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, first of all: good, great, fair is all in the eye of the beholder. If you are happy with the vehicle and your monthly payment, then you got a good deal. It's ok if the dealer made a little money, as long as they don't go to Tahitti on your deal. :D Also keep in mind it is a lease, so its not like you will have any excess negative equity when you turn it in due to being charged too much the first go-round. Anyhow, this is how I see your deal (according to my figures).

First of all, when you say "price of vehicle," is this the sticker price or your agreed upon price? That can make a difference here.

9947.00 / 19491.00 = 51% residual..if the 19 figure is sticker. pretty standard stuff.

Typically, you don't finance the residual, as that is the projected value of the car when you turn it in. So..
    19491.00 - 1000(rebate) - 9947.00 = 8544.00

8544.00 / 38 = 224.84

Depending on your model, mileage, any type of trade, and sticker price.. the residual that I calculated could be off since I am not sure of the exact numbers. Also, I have no idea what your credit looks like, or what kind of lease factor that you qualified for and that has to be added in to the overall payment as well. All in all, the 258.00 that you are paying sounds like a very fair number. Any time you can get a solid car for around 2-250 a month, you aren't doing too bad.

PS: I don't think they went to Tahitti on your deal.
  • digler84digler84 Member Posts: 2
    One question that has loomed in my mind is: How do they say 0 down, 0 fmp, 0 due at signing? Obviously they have their disclaimer for the tax and title, but wouldn't this be considered money due at signing? Or can you just opt out of the tax and title for the gov't to bill you for it later? lol. IMO, the 0 due at signing would indicate that the 249/ month includes the tax and title rolled into the payment. I know this isn't reality, but how do they keep themselves out of legal trouble with this wording? I'm not flaming, I just scratch my head when i see the commercial. :P
  • rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    hi, i'm looking for residual and money factor for Fusion SEL 36 months 12k miles , thanks alot,joe w
    Here you go, Joe. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 51%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, 77racing. If you tell me what its full MSRP is, I will gladly tell you what I think of this deal. That number will help me to see how much of a discount you were given and it will enable me to use Ford Credit's lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you that I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Joe. I answered your question a couple of posts ago. Please check there for the information that you're looking for. Let me know if you need anything else.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mkubekmkubek Member Posts: 1
    My sister lives in Buffalo and wants to lease a new Ford Fusion SEL AWD V6. She does have A Plan pricing. What numbers do you come up with with all incentives and a 36 - 39 month lease. No money down. Also high credit scores.

Thanks,

Mark
  • rlsmith2212rlsmith2212 Member Posts: 3
    I have acquired a 2007 Fusion SE base model with an MSRP of $19705. We have signed up to Z Plan Lease with no up front money out of pocket. Licence, Registration, Acquisition Fee, Sales Tax, 1st Payment either in the cap cost or taken from the $1000. Rebate.

The FMC Lease is 39 months, 12000 miles with 39 payments of $259.16.

Note: $595 Acq Fee added to agreed upon value for a Total Gross Capitalization Cost of $18402.25. The $1000 rebate was used as : Cap Cost Reduction $492.45, 1st Payment $259.16, Registration Fee $80.50(Tennessee), Upfront tax on cap reduction $167.89.

The Residual Value used (line d. on Lease Agreement) is $9458.40 or 48 % of MSRP - Is that correct for a 39 Month lease? The dealer (Lance Cunningham Ford Knoxville, Tn) said the Interest Rate was 2% and Residual 50% 0n 12K/36 Mo. I forgot to ask about Residual on 39 Mo.
  • carner1carner1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

My folks are interested in leasing a Fusion. They currently lease a Taurus and the lease on that expires in September of this year. The dealer where they leased the Taurus called them and calimed that there is some sort of "Early bird" buyout and "offered" to get them into a new Fusion with no money down and a monthly payment of $339.00 for 38 months. They also offered to pay 3 of the reamining 4 lease payments. (My folks would still have to pay the final lease payment of about $290)

The car the dealer quoted is an '07 Fusion SE 6 cylinder with AWD. I don't have the exact sticker price but I think it was about $24,300. Based on what I'm reading in this blog it seems very high? Advice please
    Hello Mark. Here's the information that your sister is looking for. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Fusion SEL V6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.25% and 47%. When negotiating her lease on this car, your sister needs to make sure that she is taking advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Ford is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi carner1. What your parents were told is correct. Ford is running an "early bird" early lease termination program for Ford Credit lessees who want to lease a Fusion right now. This program will only waive up to three remaining lease payments, so as they were told your parents would have to make their final one. That is unless they wait until they make one more payment to lease their new Fusion. This program is scheduled to run through July 2nd, so if they can wait another couple of weeks they may be able to get all of their remaining payments waived.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on what this car should cost your parents to lease right now. I just need you to provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the dealer invoice price, of the exact car that your parents want. You can find that information in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll do some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • openarayopenaray Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Here is my deal....2007 Ford Fusion SEL/AWD MSRP is $29,650.00....Lease deal is 272.82 for 36 Months @ 15K Miles per year. $1250.00 up front cash which was for taxes and some local NJ stuff....I appreciate your help om this.

Tell me what you think, thanks.

Mike.
  • buckeightybuckeighty Member Posts: 1
    Ok --36 Month Lease /12,000 mile / MSRP $20,330/ A-Plan Sell $18,346 / 50% Residual/ 2% Apr / $1000 Rebate/ Acg Fee $595 / NY Taxes $914 / Cap Reduction $900/ Adj Cap Cost $18,878/ Reg/Doc/Title $80

$325 cash due at signing.......$266/month

How is this deal? Should it be less.....Thanks
    Hello Mike. You never mentioned the selling price of the Fusion that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi buckeighty. The dealer invoice of the car that you are interested in is $18,788. So you are getting the Fusion that you want for below invoice minus the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it. Plus the dealer is using Ford Credit's base lease rate to calculate your car's monthly payment. This looks like an excellent deal to me. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    Hi Car_man,

Can you get me the residual and money factor numbers for an '07 Fusion V6 AWD(SE and SEL if different)? 3 yr/45k. I am eligible for Ford's fleet pricing(aka X-Plan) and it looks like there is a $1500 retail lease cash rebate + $500 X-plan rebate available).

We were going to wait for an '08, but depending on the resid/money factor the '07 might be a better deal. Just out of curiousity, do you have any idea what the resid/money factor were for the '07 models last year when they came out?

Thanks in advance.
  • bizarroronjbizarroronj Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

How's this sound?

Fusion SE I4 - Manual transmission with appearance package and spoiler - $24,412 (Canadian Price). This is the Ford Family Price (regular price is 26,444).

48 month lease - 0.5% interest...works out to $357/month (taxes included)

Residual value is $9,800 (40%)

I'm currently leasing a Freestyle, but my lease is up in March 08. I did the math, and it would be more economical for me to lease the Fusion now (and assume two leases for 6 months) rather than in March when rates may be up to 4.9%.

Normally, this would be a no-brainer, but we're not a 2-car family. Is this deal too sweet to pass up?
    Here you go, keeferb. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Fusion V6 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.75% and 53%, respectively. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the lease program was like for the '07 Fusion was like when it was first introduced, but you may be able to find this info by scrolling back in this discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi bizarroronj. I personally would not get out of my current lease early to lease a Fusion now. In order to get out of your lease that is scheduled to end in March you are going to either have to make all of your remaining payments or purchase your car and sell it / trade it in. Either way, it is probably going to cost you a decent chunk of change to get out of your lease this early. There's no real sense of urgency anyhow. I would be very surprised if Ford did not provide attractive deals on the Fusion at some point early in 2008.

Car_man
    Host
  • bizarroronjbizarroronj Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the info.

Regardless of our current car, can this be considered a "good deal"?

We wouldn't get out of our current lease. With 2 kids, we can actually justify 2 vehicles. Terminating the lease early wouldn't make any sense. The residual value is about $6000 more than the blue book value. Thankfully we benefitted with the low monthly payments.
  • wtbffwtbff Member Posts: 1
    hi, ive been in the talks with a rochester, ny area dealer for a 2007 ford fusion I4 se w/manual trans (msrp $19,710). here is the first deal he offered me. $3000 down and $230/mo. for 12k and 39mo. i decided to research a little and seeing what other people got i came back and made a new deal for a selling price of $18999, $1000 down, $261.96 mo for the same miles and term.
    also i tried to pry more information from them but this was all they were willing to offer. so..does it look like im getting a better deal or am i getting fleeced? also if it sounds ok what sort of hidden fees should i be watching out for? Any advice would help a ton!
  • lonewaldenlonewalden Member Posts: 26
    Hey Car Man or anyone else with experience on this issue. Mercury has the "Your choice sales event" going on where they offer either the 2008 Milan I4 premier with moonroof and 6-disc player (MSRP $22915)or 2008 Mariner for $229/month for just $2069 down with security deposit waived (and of course excluding tax,tag,title). Also, this includes the $500 rebate. I cant find any more details on this lease anywhere on their site, such as residual value at lease end, or money factor.

That lease offer just seems to good to be true. Do you know of other rebates they might be including in that price or a super low money factor. I guess my big question is how are they offering such a tempting lease price?? Im worried about gimicks.
  • needanewcar4needanewcar4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Can anyone help me with the current lease money factor and residual for a Mercury Milan Premier V6, 36 mos., 12,000 miles/year? I didn't find any recent info on this post. Thank you. :)
  • carner1carner1 Member Posts: 2
    Back in July of this year my folks leased an '07, 6 cyl., AWD Fusion w/ 12,000 mile for $199.00/month for 39 months.
    PS they love the car
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Car_Man -

What is the current info on the 2008 Mercury Milan V6 Premier, FWD.

I am looking for 36 month, 12k miles/yr, residual, money factor, acquisition fee, and rebates.

Thanks
    Hi lonewalden. Ford is providing a pretty attractive lease rate on the 2008 Mercury Milan right now. Ford Credit's current 36 month base lease rate for the '08 Milan is 1.5%. Other than the $500 cash incentive that you mentioned, I don't believe that there are any other cash incentives available on leases of this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, needanewcar4. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mercury Milan Premier V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%, respectively. Good luck in your quest for a new car and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • fordlifer3fordlifer3 Member Posts: 33
    car Man,

What is Ford's residual & money factor/rate on the 4 cylenders 36 month Lease @ 15,000 year?
    Hey ddelise. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mercury Milan Premier V6 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%, respectively. I believe that Ford Credit charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every lease. Ford is only providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, fordlifer3. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion S with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base 2008 Mercury Milan 4-cylinder are 1.5% and 52%. Ford is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of both of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
  • navyjaynavyjay Member Posts: 5
    First of all, can someone explain how the money factor works and how it's bult into the price on a lease?

Second, can someone tell me the money factor and residual rate on a 2008 Ford Fusion SE I4 FWD with a 36 month term and 12k miles?

I am on the X Plan, so I know the cap cost for the exact car I am looking at. The cost (which is non-negotiable) is $20,284 factoring in incentives and options chosen. Now all I need is the residual rate and the money factor (which I don't understand in the least bit - :cry: )

Thanks,
    Jay
  • navyjaynavyjay Member Posts: 5
    I found out how to calculate the payment using the residual and money factor numbers.

Lease Equation

Now...I just need to find out the money factor and residual of a 2008 Fusion I4 SE...anyone?
  • rpn914rpn914 Member Posts: 1
    Been offered a '08 Fusion SEL AWD, 12,000 miles/yr for a 36 mo. lease
    Lease Factor was 1.5% and a residual of 55%.
    MSRP is about $25k, $2,000 down + tax/fees, monthly payment would be $272.

How does that look?
    Hi navyjay. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Ford Fusion SE 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its base lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rpn914. The lease rate that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with Ford Credit's base rate for the '08 Fusion. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmottsjmotts Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering a lease on a Ford Fusion and would greatly appreciate any feedback to make sure it's a reasonable deal. The car is a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL FWD with just about every option there is, including navigation, Sync, moon and tune and a spoiler. The MSRP of the car is $28,020, the quoted selling price over the phone is $25,810 minus the 500 rebate. The mileage if 16,500 for 36 months. I was emailed the following info on the 36 month lease: "money factor/ RCL rate 1.50, residual for 16,500 is .49 (49%).

The estimated monthly payment with $3,000 down is $324/month. I have never leased before and I am not sure if this is a good deal or not, or whether $3k down is too much for this car.

If anyone has any feedback please let me know. Thanks!
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    Never go with cash...always nothing down..if you total vehicle,God forbid) you are out $3000....I would offer $300.00 a month $0 down..all fees including acquistion fees incl in lease..all you pay up front is 1st month... registration and state taxes every month !!! :) I think you mean 12,000 miles a year !! (36,000 for total lease ) !
  • jmottsjmotts Member Posts: 2
    theking: thanks for the response. I'd prefer not to have to put anything down so I'll give it a shot. As for the mileage, I was looking for a higher-mileage lease. I asked for pricing for 15,000 per year for a total of 45,000 miles over a three year lease. The mileage of 16,500 per year was quoted as being only $12 more per month than the 15,000 mile price. I don't think I'll need that many miles anyway, so it was a bit academic, but the mileage I quoted was correct. The higher the mileage the greater the change in the residual though, so I understand. Thanks again.
  • trneal276trneal276 Member Posts: 13
    rpn, is the $2K down cash or part of the rebate, etc. What is the total amount you are taking out of your pocket. I ask, because I just closed on a deal on the same car with leather seats & moon/tune package - total amount out of pocket was $2K, I turned in a lease 3 months ealry - the dealer took one payment, Ford took the other 2 payments and the dealer also took approx. $650 in wear/tear charges. My total payment came out to $316 per month for 36 months. Lease factor was also 1.5% and residual around the same as yours. This is in NYC.
  • 737capt737capt Member Posts: 14
    Anyone have the latest residuals and money fatctor and any rebates for a 36 month lease on a FWD Fusion SEL in South Florida?
  • nomyth36nomyth36 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Hosts. Thank you for providing such good and advice.
    I new to leasing finance so I'll include details that might allow you to form an opinion concerning a dealer's 3 yr/36,000 mile lease offer. I'm using the x plan.
    2008 Ford Fusion SEL FWD. There are a lot of options. I won't include them here. The MSRP is 26660.00. The x plan price is 24926.94, Cap cost is 23926.94. Residual value is 14663. Depreciation is 9263.94. Rent charge is 2041. Total base payment 11305.08 /36 = 314.03 + 18.84 monthly sales tax = 332.87

The dealer did a credit check and said I qualified for 1.9% financing. I don't know if this has anything to do with the number grid Ford posts under Rebates and Incentives. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks again. Brett.
This discussion has been closed.