Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rugbydad. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Ford Fusion 1-4 SE with 10,500 miles per year in its Los Angeles region are 0.75% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.25% and 52%.

Ford Credit charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this charge at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your payment. Dealers cannot waive it.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • timmxtimmx Member Posts: 1
    Any current lease specials on the Fusion SEL 2010 in the Chicago area?

I'm looking to lease in the next week for 36 month / 12,000. Any idea/recent experience on what monthly payment range I can expect?
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    This was given from a dealer in Southern California.

Hosts: What do you think? I did not get any more info from them. How should I move forward?

Thanks in advance

MSRP: $30,530
    Invoice: $28,485
    Your Price: $28,785, minus Fords lease rebate of $1,750

o dollars out of your pocket sign and drive, based on approve credit.

23 payments of $458.00 plus state tax = 498.00 based off of 10,500 miles per year
    If you will give me $1,000 out of your pocket the payment drops to $417.00 plus tax = $454.00
    Hi timmx. Ford is currently providing lease support on the Fusion.

Fford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL with 12,000 miles per year in the Chicago are are 3.25% and 51%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I would be happy to use these numbers to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in leasing for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi laderaking. $300 over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentive is a very good selling price for this car. It wouldn't hurt to double check that the dealer is using the proper lease rate to calculate your payment, but this deal looks about as good as it is going to get for the combination of vehicle and term that you're interested in.

Having said that to me $450 per month for a 10,000 mile per year lease seems like a lot of money for a Ford Fusion.

If you switch to a 36 month or 39 month lease your payment will be more attractive. There are also some other vehicles out there that probably have more attractive lease programs running on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlsmith2212rlsmith2212 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I have a Dealer quote for a 39 month Lease on a Fusion SEL 4cyl 6 speed auto Moon/Tune Leather.

Sales Price $23763. (Ford Retiree Z Plan)

Monthly Lease $366.
    (No out of pocket cash -out the door price)

39 months

10500 miles

Lease Rate 3.5% Residual 49%

Tennessee 37771 Sales Tax rate 8.5%

Total $2500 RCL/rebate Returning Leasee included

Is this the best I can get???
  • rpertusiorpertusio Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Today, signed a lease for the Ford Fusion SE 2010 2.5L I4

~~~~~~ $23,690 MSRP Breakdown~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $20,900 Standard Vehicle Price
    +$1,340 Rapid Spec 202A (Sun & Sync Value Package, Power Moonroof)
    -$445 Rapid Spec Savings
    +$295 Red Candy Metallic Tint
    +$875 6-SPD Auto Transmission
    +$725 Destination & Delivery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$22,295 Invoice (saw dealer's copy)
    $22,000 Selling Price (I asked for ~$295 below invoice)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -$1,250 Rebate/Incentive
    +$595 Acquisition fee
    +$14.15 Online Reg fee
    ==========
    $21,359.15 Adjusted Cap Cost

~~~~~ Lease Info ~~~~~~
    Through: Ford Credit
    @ 3.000% Lease Rate (0.00125 money factor)
    36 month lease
    Residual 51% ($11,865.15)
    Payment: $332.46/mo
    $510.96 Up Front Fees (1st month + Title/Reg/Plate/TireTax/DocFee/etc)
    12,000 miles/yr
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm assuming I did 'ok' being under dealer invoice, but open to suggestions for future leases!
    - rp

EDIT: Additional info... Credit score was 681, just above the magic 680 mark. Was NOT Pre-Approved online with Ford Credit. But, dealer ran it through CAB EAST LLC / Ford Credit and arrived at the rate above.
  • rufusthrufusth Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a 36 month lease in the NJ area on a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and would like to know what is being offered in terms of rate and residual. Is there any national package right now? I also have an X-code PIN. Thanks.
    Hi rufusth. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Fusion SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 49%, respectively. Ford is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I haven't seen anything on the 2011 Fusion. Is it even available at dealers yet?

Car_man
    Host
  • djjaeger82djjaeger82 Member Posts: 18
    Hi everyone,
    My lease on my current fusion is coming to an end and i'm looking at leasing another 2010 SEL I4 FWD Fusion w/ 12000 miles per year for 24mo. Due to family members I qualify for A-Z plan. Went to my local dealer last night and did some pricing, residual was 59% (compared to 61% on my last lease) and APR was 1.25% (compared to 2.00% on my last lease). Theres $1250 of RCL rebates right now plus another $750 for lease renewal. With the most basic SEL I4 FWD it came out to about $303/mo with only first month payment, registration, and NY sales tax paid up front. Not that I don't trust this dealer, but back home i'm used to our familys regular dealer showing us every little thing on the computer as we work up the deal (residual, apr, a/z price, etc). At this dealer the sales people seem to have no power at all and keep wandering back and forth to the managers desk each time to work up the deal, then bring me back numbers. I feel like i'm out of the loop or that they might be hiding stuff from me.

My question is does anyone have access to the residual table for the other variations of the 2010 Ford Fusion SEL I4 FWD? Does the residual change with the different rapid spec model? I think it actually is changing since a friend of mine actually found it cheaper to lease a model with the higher equipment/rapid spec than the basic SEL I4 FWD. The only way I can see that to be possible is if the residual was higher since the MSRP/sales price would be higher too with the same rebate and APR. On that note, any chance the APR is changing with the rapid spec model # too?

Last question, does 1.25% seem like a decent APR? I've got perfect credit and I remember before I got my current fusion, I was leasing with a mountaineer at an APR of 0.5%, so 2% seemed like a big hike to me. 1.25% this time around seems better, but the dealer freely admitted that they make money on this APR part and being an A/Z customer i'm sure they're not make much on the vehicle itself with me.

If I can get a little more eqp for my $ then at least i'll feel like i'm getting a better deal.

SEL I4 FWD:
    300A (base SEL) MSRP $24,655, A/Z $22,360 - residual for 24mo/12k miles = 59%
    301A (moon/tune) MSRP $25,550, A/Z $23,112 - residual?
    302A (moon/tune + driver vision pkg) MSRP $26,450, A/Z $23,868 - residual?

Thanks for your time reading this long post! :)
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    Car_man -

Any information on a 2010 hybrid Fusion lease? I'd be looking at 3yrs & 12K miles/yr. It doesn't seem like there's much support for the leases on Fusions in general but I'm curious about the MF & residuals. Prefer the Fusion to a Camry, but got to have the details to satify my curiosity.

cosanostra
  • artiefufkinartiefufkin Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    I'd be interested in any info too.

I test drove the car this past weekend and really liked it, but the dealer wasn't interested in making a deal because Ford is given nothing to dealers on this car. This dealership had almost 30 2010 Fusion Hybrids and 10 2011 Fusion Hybrids on the lot. The car I drove has been sitting on the lot since May since that was when it received its state inspection sticker. They had other cars on the lot with stickers from February and March.

Seems to me they would want to get more of them on the road.
    Hi cosanostra. Non-Hybrid Fusions have lease support available on them, but to the best of my knowledge Ford is not providing any lease support on the Fusion Hybrid. As a result, you really don't want to lease one through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation!

-cosanostra
    You're very welcome cosanostra.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcguyspcguys Member Posts: 24
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this 36 month lease, 12k/year. What do you think?

Fusion SEL 6 cyl rapid spec 302A (leather, nav, vision), white paint tri-coat +$495, rear spoiler +$295.

MSRP $34,450 (including the $725 destination fee).
    Sale price: $32,042
    Residual: $17569 (LEV% 51%, lease APR 3.25%)
    Rebate: $1500

$750 out the door (includes first payment),
    and 35 more payments of $414 PLUS tax = $460 / month

This AWD (white & black leather) is not in stock in the 12 closest dealers, so he's doing a dealer to dealer trade from 100 miles away. I guess it's harder to deal on a rare car that no one has in stock.

In looking on the Ford website, there was some mention of $1,000 + $1,000 but I didn't understand if they could be combined.

The dealer said the rebate was for $1500.

I'm presently in a subaru SUV lease so no loyalty or other discounts would apply that I can see.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I'm getting heavy pressure to take possession before the end of Sept. (1 more week!!!)

Thanks,
    Mike in Philly
  • ortegaortega Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2010
    OK Car_Man...I'm getting this request in early. As soon as you are able please post the October money factor and residual for the 2011 Fusion SEL FWD 4cyl model, 36mo/15k lease.

Thanks in advance!!
  • pcguyspcguys Member Posts: 24
    My lease expires end of Oct.
    I'm getting heavy pressure by my sales guy to lease a fusion 2011 now because:

1. "who knows if the $1,500 lease rebate will vanish"
    2. residuals get worse each month
    3. the value of my current vehicle will decline as well.

It just so happens there are only 2 cars within 300 miles which have the exact options I want.

So, should I sign now, or wait?

All thoughts welcome,
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • ortegaortega Member Posts: 105
    I've been told they come out tomorrow...Could you post the MF and residuals for the 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4cyl, 36mo, 15k/yr.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • carshoppingvacarshoppingva Member Posts: 2
    Could you post the MF and residuals for the 2011 Ford Fusion SE 4cyl, 36mo, (for 10, 12 and 15k per year).

Thanks.
    Hi ortega. Ford's lease program for this vehicle varies depending upon which one of its twenty-something regions you are in. I would be happy to give you an idea of what its current numbers are for the model that you are interested in, however in order for me to do so I need you to tell me what state you are in first. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carshoppingva. Ford's lease program for this vehicle varies depending upon which one of its twenty-something regions you are in. I would be happy to give you an idea of what its current numbers are for the model that you are interested in, however in order for me to do so I need you to tell me what state you are in first. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • lahtijilahtiji Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Carman:

What a great find this site and forum is!

I'm in the South Florida (Miami-Ft. Lauderdale) market. I drove a 2010 Fusion SE yesterday (4-cyl., 6 spd. man), with a sticker of $21,625 and invoice of what is probably around $20,390.

The car has definitely been on the lot for a while, as they had to boost the car to even drive it up to the showroom, and again when we started off on the test drive.

I'm trying to calculate what a good price for me would be in a lease or in a purchase. I plan on paying no more than $1,000.00 at inception if possible, with a payment price between $250 and $275.

If I read Edmunds' information correctly, through November 1 Ford is offering up to $1,500 in rebates available on this car in this region ($1,000 Cash To Customer, and $500 Cash to Customer for using FMC financing).

Can you give me an idea of residual on this car and current base lease rate? I doubt I'd use the full 15k/year (mostly my commute involves driving to the commuter train station 3 miles from my house), but let's assume that.

Thanks very much!
  • carshoppingvacarshoppingva Member Posts: 2
    I am in (Northern) Virginia.
    Hi lahtiji. I'm glad that you like this forum so much. Ford is scheduled to introduce its new November programs some time later today. Let me know if you're still interested in the details of the Fusion's lease program and I'll post them for you as soon as I have them.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctaylogctaylog Member Posts: 8
    Carman,

Would you mind posting the November programs. I'm in Metro NJ/NY area.

Thanks!
  • rcloud1rcloud1 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

If you get a chance, could you post the details for November's program for Michigan?

Thanks.
    I'd be happy to, ctaylog. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Ford Credit's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SE with 15,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 52%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rcloud1. This car's residual values are the same as I just mentioned in my previous post. Its base lease rate is 3.0% for 36 month leases in Michigan and its lease cash in your area is $250.

Car_man
    Host
  • perfecttommy10perfecttommy10 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for all of the great work you do on this forum. I've been considering a new lease on either a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or a 2011 Sport AWD. The lease rates I received from the dealer (I'm located in 94551, CA) are coming in rather horrid for the Hybrid:

Residual : 50.5 %
    Rate: 7-8 %
    Term: 36 mo's /36 K miles

Are these the only rates available for the Hybrid, I know there are no incentives? What would lease terms be if I went with the Sport AWD and what incentives might be available in November?

Thanks in advance...
  • skyy1428skyy1428 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I've owned 2 cars and currently would like a lease so I can save up some money and buy an MKZ in a few years.

However right now my situation is that i'm in a 2006 ZX4 Focus, I did a refinance not too long ago and am upside down on it a bit, which was fine but the refi company slapped me with a 19% interest rate so I was never planning to be in it very long.

I'm looking at leasing a 2011 fusion SE 3.0L, i've seen the MSRPs around the 26-28k range for the models i'm looking at. I haven't gone to the dealer yet as I want to be as prepared as possible.

Since i'm new to Leasing I was wondering what information I should know when I go into the negotiation. I worked at a Ford dealership for a brief time long enough though to be a master certified, but I never sold any leases. Also, my credit score is right around 700 +/- a couple points depending on which bureau is pulled.

Any advice/information would be appreciated. I'm in the Tampa FL region if that helps with current Lease rates.

I plan to head out on Saturday and go to Brandon Ford which is the #1 Ford dealership in florida. Thanks in advance and again, happy thanksgiving!
  • skyy1428skyy1428 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Well, Ford was unable to pull a deal...the best they could do was a 475$ on a 36 mo lease for a 27k fusion V6....I asked them to put me in a focus and the best FMCC could do was 485 on a 60 month loan at like 10-11% interest.

I went to Honda and got a 2011 Accord for 28.8k financed @ 6.4% over 72 months for 475/mo

Happy car hunting!
  • chadlchadl Member Posts: 11
    Car man and others:

What is the January money factor and residual for a ford fusion hybrid on a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi chadl. I don't believe that Ford is currently providing any lease support on the Fusion Hybrid. If that is indeed the case, then it doesn't really make sense to lease one through Ford Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • leasewizardleasewizard Member Posts: 17
    Hello Carman,

Please provide the Jan MF and residual for the 11 Fusion 24 month lease. Both 10.5K and 12K miles per year.

Thanks,
    LW
  • perfecttommy10perfecttommy10 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman and all,

Can some post MF and residuals for a fully loaded 2011 Fusion SEL located in San Francisco / Northern CA?

Cheers and thanks in advance!!

Eric
    Here you go, LW. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SE with 12,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 61%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,500 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Eric. Ford Credit's January base lease rate and residual value for a 2011 Fusion SEL with 15,000 miles per year in Northern California are 2.0% and 53%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81
    Car_Man
    Here in Jersey a Ford dealer told me that there are:
    $1,000 Customer Bonus Cash Exp: 04/04/2011
    $1,000 Customer Incentive Exp: 04/04/2011
    AND
    another $1000 incentive if you are coming out of lease. Have you heard anything like that?
  • vehiculavehicula Member Posts: 42
    Greetings - my first post here!

When do you anticipate that Ford's February 2011 lease programs will be announced?

Besides this forum - which I certainly appreciate - are there other authoritative sources to find out about Ford's money factors and residuals?

As you can tell, I'm interested in leasing a Fusion SEL I4 301A in Massachusetts.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice. ;)
  • ny234ny234 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Can you please provide the residual and money factor for a Fusion SEL 4 cyl automatic? Venice / Sarasota area in Florida. The dealer has a 39 month lease with 10,500 miles/year.
    Hi allroadanger. In New Jersey, Ford is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Fusion through Ford Credit. The $1,000 for consumers who are coming out of a lease should be there as well.

I believe that the incentives that you mentioned are for cash purchases, not leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vehicula. I suspect that Ford will make some changes to its current programs on February 1st. Having said that, I don't expect it to do anything major. Its February programs will likely be fairly similar to its current ones.

Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SEL 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year in Massachusetts are 2.0% and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ny234. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Fusion SEL 4-cylinder with 10,500 miles per year in Florida are 2.5% and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on this car in your area into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • jg1515jg1515 Member Posts: 4
    Quote from a Long Island, NY dealer on a lease:

2011 Fusion SEL V6 with the Rapid Spec 301A plus rear spoiler and reverse sensing system.

MSRP $28,625

36month lease, 12k/yr
    $1,000 out of pocket plus plates
    $299/month

Not sure if I'm going for it yet but just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone has gotten better deals.
    Thanks very much Car_man. The one thing I forgot to mention is that I'm interested in the 39-month 10,500 mile-per-year lease. (We don't put even that much mileage on a car.) Does that change the money factor [.00084 by my calculation] and/or residual value [52%]?

Also - if I might bother you with one more question - do you think Ford Motor Credit will offer a lease program on the Hybrid?

Thanks again.
    I was at at NJ dealer this weekend and for the exact same car (maybe not reverse sensing, all else same even the out o pockets) they want $255, I said no way, they went as low as $239.00 I still walked. Have a better deal in the works.
    You can still save $60 a month x 36 months. I was told this mgr behind the glass is a pro so you can probably do better if I got these numbers. Good luck
    2011 Fusion Sport
    401A pkg-moon/tune, BLIS, comfort pkg, drivers vision
    tuxedo black/black leather
    $2200 down (first month/doc/bank/)
    $300 dmv
    36 months 12k per yr
    $230.00 per month :shades:

I was quoted $255 for an SEL with moon/tune only 3 days earlier. There are deals out there
    Hi folks:

Is Ford offering a Red Carpet Lease on the Fusion Hybrid?

Also: Does program #50102 ($1,500 customer cash) also apply to the Fusion Hybrid?

I live in Massachusetts and easily qualify for the 10,500 mile annual limit. Lease term could be whatever has the best support from Ford; on the gasoline-powered Fusions, 39 months seems to have the best offers.
    Bad news. I spoke with a local Ford dealer today. He said there is no lease support (in Massachusetts) for the Hybrid.

Program #50102 ($1,500 cash to the customer) applies if you're purchasing a Hybrid, but not if you're leasing.

This is surprising, in addition to being a bummer. Toyota has a lease program for the Camry Hybrid...why not Ford?
This discussion has been closed.