Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go bachulaw. Ford Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fusion Titanium AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New York are 1.0% and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • another_otheranother_other Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Here's my experience...just leased the Ford Fusion Titanium AWD. Here are my numbers:

MSRP - 36375
    Selling Price - 33004 (plus an addtl 1250 rebates) - selling price included all dealer holdback on it or atleast thats what the dealer showed me!
    Residual - 69% (25098)
    Interest rate - 0.5%
    10.5k/24 mos. - 351/mo
    Out the door - first month + dmv (2 year registration) + doc fee ~$950

Let me know if you have any questions - great looking car (Silver with Black Interior and 19" H wheels)! Got the dealer to throw in all weather mats as well!

Thanks to this forum and carman for helping me learn all about leasing!
  • Car_man,

Please provide the June lease rate and residual value for 2013 Ford Hybrid Energi. It's a 36mo lease with 10.5k/yr Honolulu, Hawaii.

Current offer on the table is:
    msrp - 43,585
    base cap - 41,975
    adjusted cap - 34320
    Residual - 23,972
    Money factor - 0.00135

Dealer is offering $400.00 pmt per month including tax

Thanks in advance for your time.
  • rgb2rgb2 Member Posts: 31
    4hippo, you listed base and adjusted cap. Is the dealer giving you all rebates for the difference or do you have to come up with out-of-pocket cap reduction down payment?
  • rgb2,

There is a dealer rebate of $4,250, I'm providing #3,000 down with 1,300 give back from a trade.
  • agentliljackagentliljack Member Posts: 2
    In the process with the dealer, can anyone tell me what they think of this deal?

Fusion SE, 12K/year (car has been on the lot for 100 days min)

Problem:
    -they won't provide me with the Money Factor no matter how many times I ask
    - they replaced that interest rate is 1%

Deal on Table:
    -36 months
    -Sticker Price: $26,905
    -Negotiated Price: $23,575
    -No Trade In
    -No Downpayment
    -No Security Deposit
    -First monthly due at signing: $287.31 (the ongoing monthly is the same)

-Lease End Purchase Price/Residual: $16,148.40 (seems high, but does that help or hurt me??)
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    agentliljack,

I don't know much about the rebates / invoice / discounts on a ford fusion to be able to comment on your selling price. If you know the interest rate is 1% you can get the money factor by dividing it by 2400 (1% divided by 2400 = .0004167).

Have you considered an Infiniti G37? You can lease one with no money down for $269/mo + tax.
  • maudlin2001maudlin2001 Member Posts: 37
    I am looking at the 2013 FUSION HYBRID SE to lease in South Florida.

Can someone provide what sort of rebates etc are available and what is the curent MF and Residual on 2013s.

Any current offers/ recent leases shared will be appreciated.

My other choice is Toyota Camry Hyrbid.
  • cyraxotecyraxote Member Posts: 2
    agentliljack:

The higher the residual value, the less it costs to lease the car. What you're financing is the cap cost (negotiated price including all rebates, down payments, etc.) minus the residual value. The smaller that number, the cheaper your lease. Also, in most states, you pay tax only on the amount being financed; in about 5 states (MD among them), you pay tax on the whole cap cost.
  • rjb42rjb42 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    What is the residual value of a 2013 Ford Fusion SE with equipment group 205B and power moonroof for a 2 year lease with 15,000 miles each year in Toledo Ohio.
    Thank you
  • jrnfjrnf Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man,

What are the July lease numbers (i.e., residual value and money factor) for a 36mo lease with 15k mi/yr for the 2014 Fusion Fusion Energi Titanium in North Carolina (Durham)?

Thanks for all of your help and contributions to this helpful forum.
  • miggsoo3miggsoo3 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Here is the place where the dealer wanted to start negotiating for a Fusion Titanium in NJ.

MSRP: $32,785
    Down Payment: $2,700
    12,000 miles for 36 months
    Payment: $399 a month.

I thought the numbers were very high and they would not budge. He didn't even mention the incentives available. Was I correct the dealer was being unreasonable?
  • wclyffewclyffe Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man,

What are the July lease numbers looking like after the big 4th of July sales (i.e., residual value, money factor) to lease for a 36mo lease with 10,500k mi/yr for the 2013 and/or 2014 Fusion Fusion SE Los Angeles (91403)? I built one online that totaled out at $29,015 and was wondering what I might be able to negotiate now.

Thanks for all of your help and contributions to this helpful forum!

-Robert
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I thought the numbers were very high and they would not budge.

Yes, it looks very high for a 32K car. If you include the downpayment of $2700, you are looking at a zero down, monthly payment of around $480 a month. Do you want to drive a fusion for $480 a month? I thought you can get an Infinity G37 at about the same monthly payment now. I am on a 2013 BMW 535 2 yr lease/12K mi for $610 a month with 7 security deposit. And it is a car with 65K MSRP.

If you have different dealer in your area, I would definitely try to get a quote from all the dealers in your area and see if $480 a month (with no down payment) is the rock bottom price you need to pay. All transaction price are local. So you need to do a little bit more leg work to find out if this is the best price you can get in your area now..
  • rjb42rjb42 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Could you please explain how the ford's Xplan pricing works. Is it a set dollar amount subtracted off the sales price of the vehicle or is it a set price that the dealership will sell the car for?
    Thank you
  • jboehmjboehm Member Posts: 44
    I know that if I lease a Fusion Energi I cannot claim the tax credit since I do not own the vehicle. I would expect that I would still benefit from the tax credit by applying it towards the down payment on the lease (ok, they should do that). When I look at the offers from Ford they all state that they are purchase OR lease. To me this implies that for a lease I should get the current incentives plus the tax credit. Since I cannot make heads or tails reading the fine print I was wondering if anybody who recently leased got a better explanation.

BTW this is the deal I have before me:

2013 Fusion Energi SE
    MSRP: 39570
    Negotiated price: 37319.11
    Term: 24 months
    Mileage: 12,000/yr
    Residual: 61%
    Rebate: 3750
    Payment: 313.78+tax

Buy for 24138 at lease end.
    It is a set price. Generally it will be (invoice - .4% + 275).
  • rgb2rgb2 Member Posts: 31
    I still haven't gotten the car, but from what I understand, one gets gypped leasing an Energi since Ford only passes down federal rebate of $3750 to the consumer. You also might get some current promotion - like competitor's conquest ($500 or $1000). If one were to purchase, he would get federal rebate plus 3-4K in rebates Ford advertises.
    Maybe someone managed to get better lease deal?

Btw, how much do you have to put down on your SE offer?
    The down payment would be $2500 plus the rebate of $3750.

I was able to get the leasing 'details' from the dealership but it does not tell me where the tax credit comes into play.
  • kbill07kbill07 Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2013
    Hi carman,

Can you please provide the following info for a titanium fwd, Awd, and hybrid models for a 24 mo lease and 10.5k miles.

Residual
    Int rate
    Rebates

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • hahmedhahmed Member Posts: 2
    fusion se 1.6l, w/tech (nav) and luxury package

im getting an offer in Queens, NY of 310/month, 1500 out of pocket due (+ DMV fees only)

what do u guys think?
  • dantewolfedantewolfe Member Posts: 3
    I was looking at the same car and here in California they just lowered the lease to $279 and you get a $1500 California rebate if you sign a 36 month lease versus a 24 month lease. (That price is only for 10,500 miles a year though.)

I think they over priced them and there are many just sitting, so I am in no hurry.
    I'm thinking about the 24 month lease since the car is so new, and I do not know how it will perform in the longer run. Please keep us updated and I'll do the same.
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    I have done some research regarding the tax credit and the available? incentives. The tax credit will be applied from Ford if you lease (it is a pass through from the Federal program). If you purchase/finance you can claim the credit on your tax return but it will only benefit you if you owe the IRS (it is a credit) and it can not be forwarded to another year.

Regarding the incentives - I spoke to the marketing customer service from Ford a couple of days ago. The rep. and I went to the website together and I showed her where the Energi shows both a $1500 and $1000 discount available on purchase or lease. Ultimately she referred to the area where it says "regional restrictions" and "see your dealership" as a final authority. I explained in my opinion this was very specific regarding purchase or lease and very vague regarding restrictions. She agreed and was going to forward the info up the ladder but there wasn't anything she could do.

Sales of electric cars are very sluggish for Ford (the IRS shows roughly 9200 sold through all of 012 and first quarter 2013). I have seen a bunch of Fusions in my area but not one Energi. The dealerships I have been watching still have the same inventory of Energi's for the past couple of months. I will see what happens over the next month or two. The money factor for a 36mo/12K lease went from 3.25% in June to 2% in July.

macdad
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Hi car man, do you have the 36 month/12k miles money factor and residual for fusion Se and titanium? We are thinking of leasing one in SF Bay Area. Thanks.
  • titansoxtitansox Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you had the residual value/money factor for a ford fusion SE in the Dayton Ohio area (45342): 15K/year for 3 years for the 2013 and 2014 models.

Thank you!
  • wisco94wisco94 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I am trying to track down the lease rates on the Ford Fusion SE Gas and Ford Fusion SE Hybrid for October.

10,500 Miles - 36 months

Money Factor?
    Residual?

I'd like to understand the difference between the gas and hybrid from a MF and residual.

Thanks!!
    Josh
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    2014 Ford Fusion SE Gas 36mo, 10.5K/yr
    Residual is 58%... Hybrid residual is 59%

I don't have the current money factors... In September, the gas model had a rate of 1.0%, but the Hybrid was 6.75%... no idea if those have changed for October..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• goalpostgoalpost Member Posts: 8
    Looking for lease rate and residuals for a 2014 Fusion Titanium gas in Northern California

10k miles/yr
    24 and 36 months

Appreciate any help!
    2014 Fusion Titanium 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease
    0.50% money factor and 59% residual

24 month
    0.25% money factor and 68% residual

Please note that Ford uses percentages rather than decimals for their money factors

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• four0fourfour0four Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking for the lease rates on the Ford Fusion Energi Titanium for December in Northern California.

10,500 Miles - 24 and 36 months

Money Factor and Residual please.

Thank you in advance!
    2014 Fusion Energi Titanium 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease
    4.75% MF and 53% residual

24 month
    3.75% MF and 62% residual

These November numbers should be good through the end of the year.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74

kydfx,
    Do you have 12K and 15K interest rates/residuals for a Fusion SE, Titanium?
    Thanks!

@ec1 said:
    kydfx,
    Do you have 12K and 15K interest rates/residuals for a Fusion SE, Titanium?
    Thanks!

2014 Fusion SE 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    0.50% MF and 55% residual

Titanium residual is 56%

Add 2% for 12K/yr residuals

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74

kyfdx, Could you provide residual %s for 24 months? My apologies for not including the lease term in my original inquiry. Ford's current lease programs include very little interest - could make for a very attractive lease. Thanks again,

• dresnikdresnik Member Posts: 7

Hi there,

I am trying to track down the lease rates on the Ford Fusion SE Hybrid for December vs. a Ford Escape SE comparably priced

18,000 Miles - 36 month term

Money Factor?
    Residual?

I got a lease quote for both a comparably priced Ford Escape and the Fusion Hybrid. The Fusion Hybrid was almost $100/mo more than the Escape. So I am trying to get the facts. Maybe the residuals for the Hybrid are much lower.

Thanks!!

@ec1 said:
    kyfdx, Could you provide residual %s for 24 months? My apologies for not including the lease term in my original inquiry. Ford's current lease programs include very little interest - could make for a very attractive lease. Thanks again,

64% for 24mo, 15K/yr ... 66% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@dresnik said:
    Hi there,

I am trying to track down the lease rates on the Ford Fusion SE Hybrid for December vs. a Ford Escape SE comparably priced

18,000 Miles - 36 month term

Money Factor?
    Residual?

I got a lease quote for both a comparably priced Ford Escape and the Fusion Hybrid. The Fusion Hybrid was almost $100/mo more than the Escape. So I am trying to get the facts. Maybe the residuals for the Hybrid are much lower.

Thanks!!

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid 36mo, 18K/yr

3.75% MF and 54% residual

The Escape money factor is only 1.25%, which is why there is such a big difference in the monthly payment.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dresnikdresnik Member Posts: 7

Hi there,

For a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, MSRP of $32,730 (incl. Dest & Del) I have been quoted $429/mo. for a 24 mo. lease, 18K mi per year, $1,500 cash. Dealer said they are using a 3% money factor and a 63% residual and claimed they were pricing the car at invoice. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks in advance

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought or is shopping for a new Ford Fusion. If this is you, and you'd like to share your story, please send daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

• avgjoe1avgjoe1 Member Posts: 5
    Does pricing still vary by region?

Interested in Miami FL 2014 fusion titanium gas vs. Hybrid vs. Energi 24 month lease terms. Planning to lease on 12/30 or 12/31/2013. MF, % residual, for 15k miles. Pristine credit.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

2014 Fusion Titanium Gas 24mo, 15K/yr lease

0.25% MF and 65% residual

Hybrid: 3.0% MF and 68%

Energi: 3.75% MF and 59%

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• avgjoe1avgjoe1 Member Posts: 5
    Kyfdx:

When you say Ford is offering a 3.0% MF does that mean 0.0030 or 0.00125 or something else? I.e. How do I convert to decimal MF?

Thanks. ..

Ford (and GM) use percentages instead of true money factors. As you suspected, 3.0% is nearly equivalent to .00125. Divide the percentage number by 2400.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dooley78dooley78 Member Posts: 5

Any update for January? I see the 0% loans but no lease info. Getting residual and MF out of dealers so far is like pulling teeth.

• xtremeflyerxtremeflyer Member Posts: 2

Looks like lease incentive has dropped from $4507 to $4007, but the calculator shows lower payments than they did yesterday. I assume the money factor went down and/or the residual went up..

Can I get the money factor and residual for a Fusion Energi Titanium with 36 mo and 15k miles?

what calculator are you using?

nevermind, I see the ford fiance lease one...funny, a fusion titanium ends up being cheaper than an SE with similar options.

Ford has new numbers as of January 3rd, but we don't have them yet..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xtremeflyerxtremeflyer Member Posts: 2

Any updates on the numbers? 3 dealers won't give me this information.. so weird to me considering the last vehicle I leased was a Nissan and they had no problems displaying the lease information.

I know, right? like the #'s are super secret info. Toyota never had issues with this in the past. The lease calculator on the ford finance site is helpful, and w/enough work you could probably figure out the numbers they are using.

This discussion has been closed.