Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Ford Mustang Lease Questions

Comments

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Actually Tarry over at leasecompare dot com - in their forums section posts manufacturer lease programs for each month. Or if looking for a specific vehicle, just post a request. Great company and the manufacturer posts are a nice service that they don't have to provide done they do their own 3rd party leasing. Just shows what a great company they are snd tarry is great.

The forums link is on the main page.

-damon
  • pens89pens89 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please be able to post the September money factor and residual value for an 2012 Mustang V6 Convertible for 36 Months and 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    edited October 2011
    Hi

I am looking to lease a 2012 V6 Premium Mustange coupe. The MSRP with options is $31,110 in NewYork suburbs and Truecar dealers around the area are offering a price of $27,393 with the incentives going to the dealers (automatic, 202A package, comfort package, security package, HID headlights, and reverse sensors.). I would like to lease the car for 36 months, 12000 miles per year with no money down. Can you ever provide me the money factor and the residual for this car so I can try to figure out the monthly lease or could you give me a sense of what this would lease for. You guys have been very helpful in the past everytime I have leased a car. I will either try to get a car in stock (very few V6 premium coupes at dealers) or incomine or order it from the factory. I would like to take delivery mid to end of November or early December 2011.

Thanks for your help as it is appreciated.
  • fivepointoh168fivepointoh168 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car_man,

First I'd just like to say thanks as your posts in these threads have helped me help many of my friends get a good lease deal :)

This one is actually for myself - can you please show us the residual and money factor for a Mustang GT with 6speed manual? 36 month and 12,000 miles please.

I am located in southern California.

Also, do the rebates/incentives apply to lease deals or only to purchase deals? I am still reading through this thread so please pardon if it has been answered already.

Thank you very much for all your contributions and help here,
    Chris
    I visited two Ford dealerships today

The first one told me to go through US Bank, and that's an instant $2,500 rebate. BUT, US Bank's residual will be lower by about 10%; then, to top it off, he said that the lowest interest rate (money factor x 2400) is about 8%....I don't believe he knows what he's talking about, or does he? He was the internet sales manager.

The second dealership told me that the best credit could get me as low as a 2.5% interest rate for the lease deal. Both dealership had the same residual figures:

36 month 12,000 miles = 58%
    36 month 10,500 miles = 59%

24 month 12,000 miles = 61%

Not sure if I got these figures exactly right, but this is what I can remember.

Can anybody chime in to confirm which dealership is correct, especially about the money factor? If the interest rate is anywhere near 8% then I would be out of the market for leasing a GT :(

Thanks in advance
    Without any negotiation, the dealership quoted me $364 per month including tax for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year for a base Mustang GT 6speed manual. This is with a $850 drive off - first month payment plus DMW registration fees.

This is with financing through US Bank which qualifies me for an instant $2,500 rebate.

I will try to get the dealership to do invoice which would knock out another 2,000 off the overall selling price of the car, which would bring the payment down to $300 (each $1000 is approximately $30 per month, I was told) - then add the 3.73 rear axle option and maybe the Brembo package as well and bring the payment back up to around $360.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pens89. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mustang V6 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey rxke. Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mustang Coupe V6 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 55%, respectively. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome Chris. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ford Credit's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mustang Coupe GT with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 58%, respectively.

Unfortunately, Ford's normal cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program.

Good luck in your quest for a new Mustang and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • chuckcreigchuckcreig Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for your help! Can you provide current money factor and residual value percentage info for a 2012 Mustang v6 premium for 39 month lease (not 36) and 15,000 miles per year? Cap cost with options at approx $29500

I see you posting Ford Credit's base lease rates around 2.25%. Can you explain how this rate is adjusted by dealers, or rather how we can use this rate to help figure out if we are getting a good rate? For example 2.25% seems an insanely low lease rate as this would imply a money factor of 0.00094. But according to Bankrate, for my area (Los Angeles, CA) a GOOD rate will be closer to 4.5% (0.00188). Which is what I would expect to see at the dealer. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks!
    You're welcome chuckcreig. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Mustang Coupe V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The reason why the lease rates on many models are so low is that manufacturers are artificially lowering them to entice consumers to buy their products.

Car_man
    Host
  • dukester2000dukester2000 Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of leasing a 2012 Ford Mustang Roush. The list price is $43,000, which is more than the "normal" GT model due to the Roush upgrades, which increase the value of the car.

The problem is that Lease Compare doesn't seem to account for this increase in value. In other words, if a base Premium GT's residual value at the end of 36 months is, say, $21,000, lease compare is also considering that as the residual value for the Roush, thus significantly increasing the lease payments...even though the value of the Roush at the end of the lease would be much greater than that of a standard Premium GT. In other words, the residual isn't "adjusted" for the increased value of the vehicle.

Can the Roush be leased? Is there a way to calculate the residual on such a vehicle? Does anybody know which bank would lease a Roush at an adjusted residual?
  • jbrown7815jbrown7815 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man

Can you post the current rates for a GT Premium w/Brembo 36 months/12k miles

Thanks sir!
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Howdy, Car_Man!

What is Ford Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month or 39-month lease (whichever is optimal :confuse:) of a 2012 Ford Mustang GT Coupe (Base and Premium) in Southern California with 15,000 miles per year?

Is anything higher than 15,000 miles per year offered?

Thanks! :D
    Hi ihitcows. Ford Credit's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month leaser of a 2012 Mustang GT Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.5% and 55%.

I believe that Ford Credit offers leases with higher mileage allowances than 15,000 miles per year, specifically its residual values for leases with 18,000 miles per year are 2% lower and its residuals for leases with 19,500 miles per year are 3% lower than its 15,000 mile per year residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • sarmssarms Member Posts: 8
    Was wondering if all Ford Dealership's charge a $1,000 drive off fee for a lease, or is it just that one trying to charge an extra fee?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    I can't imagine that's truly a fee just to drive away. It must be applied to SOMETHING like bank fee, security deposit, cap reduction, etc. If it truly is an extra fee above and beyond all of that, yes it is bogus.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• joecool196joecool196 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm getting very conflicting information from a number of Ford dealers. 2 out of 3 dealers have said that Ford does not lease Mustang GTs and the third dealership quoted me a $689 a month lease for 27 months. From what others have said they were quoted and from the residual and money factor rates that you posted from previous months I have no idea where this ridiculous monthly payment is coming from.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    joecool,

I think Carman is mistaken on the GT lease rates. I have been trying to lease a GT for months, but Ford does not really support the GT. US Bank is the only 3rd party that I am aware of that will lease the GT. The problem with that is finding a dealer who is signed up with US Bank. I think the Ford interst rate/money factor on the GT lease is near 8%. Keep in mind this is as of December, I have no idea if Ford is supporting the GT lease in January. Hope that helps.
  • joecool196joecool196 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ajpbf7! At least I know now I'm not the only one having problems getting a quote!!! I will say that one of the dealers seems to be straight forward with me. I asked if the inability to lease a GT was something new --I was basing the information I got from this forum in telling the dealer I had a lease quote in the middle of December-- and asked if something had changed. The sales guy said that he was surprised as well about the GTs not being offered for leases. I mean seriously if my boss can lease a $400K Maybach why can't I lease a $32K Mustang?!? Haha!!
    Hey joecool196. Ford really only supports base Mustang (V6) Coupe and Convertible leases. It isn't providing any lease support on the Mustang GT right now. Theoretically one could lease one through Ford Credit using its standard lease program, but it would be very expensive to do so and not worth it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the FMC interest rate and residuals for a 2013 Mustang V6, base model. This would be for 10k or 12k per year. 24 month and 36 month rates would be helpful. Thank you.
    Hey ajpbf7. I have not seen the lease program for the 2013 Mustang yet. I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners and shoppers of the new Mustang. What do you think of its design? Thanks for responding to pr@edmunds.com by midday Monday, March 27, 2012 with your thoughts and your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hi Carman,

Has Ford published any lease information for april on the 2013 Mustang?

Thank you.
  • kcharmkcharm Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

Looking for the latest US bank residual and money factor on a 2012 mustang GT. 3 year and 12k mileage.

Thanks!

Jim
    Hi ajpbf7. Ford Credit has residual values for the 2013 Mustang out, but I don't believe that it is providing lease support on it yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jim. Ford Credit's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mustang GT Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 58%, respectively.

Ford is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Any updated infor on the 2013 Mustang for May? I am curious to see what the interest rate/MF is for May. Please provide the rate for 24 , 36, & 39 months. Thanks!
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Can I get the updated Money Factor and Residual Rates for this month. 36/39months

What kind of deals are people getting on these?
    Thanks
    Hello Carman,

Could you please provide the interest rate and residual for a base V6 Mustang Coupe. I am looking at 24,36, or 39 month term. I was told by a dealership the following:

24mo: 3.25%/64% residual 36 mo: 5%/58% residual and 39mo: 5.25%/56% residual. The interest rate seems pretty high to me. I am in the KY.

Thank you.
    Hey ajpbf7. The lease rates that you were quoted are indeed too high. Ford Credit's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Base Mustang V6 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 59%.

The numbers for a 36-month lease would be 2.25% and 53%.

The numbers for a 39-month lease would be 2.5% and 51%.

These are all for top tier customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

I apologize. The rates I listed were for a 2013 model, not a 2012. Can you post the numbers for the 2013 Mustang V6, base model?
  • rcfishyrcfishy Member Posts: 2
    Carman,
    What are the lease rates for 2013 v6 with 12,000 per year? Im also looking for 24 or 36 month. Any other cars in this class (low $20,000s sporty cars) that are leasing better right now?

Thanks!
  • rallycobrarallycobra Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have lease info for a 13 Mustang GT Premium Coupe? I would like to know residual and money factor for 24 and 36 month leases 10,500 miles and excellent credit. I called ford credit and they won't give out rates. I test drove one this morning, and the dealer wouldn't tell me either!
    Hi rallycobra. I don't think that Ford is currently providing any lease support on the 2013 Mustang GT, just the V6 model. That may be why the dealer wasn't willing to tell you what the rates are on this car...they're likely terrible.

Car_man
    Host
  • verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    Hi car man,

Can you provide the MF and residuals for a 36mo lease at 12k miles for the 2013 v6 premium at the top credit tier? Very little info on leasing a mustang is out there it seems...

Thanks
    Hi verinox. Ford Credit's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mustang V6 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 3.0% and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • fordlifer3fordlifer3 Member Posts: 33
    Carman, can you tell me what the residual and money factor is now for a 13 v6 premier for both 24 month and 36 month at 15 k and 16,500 miles per year? Thank you for all you do!
  • lawrenzo1lawrenzo1 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2014 on order which should be arriving soon and I want to keep the dealer honest. Anybody have experience with the Shelby's?
  • rushourrushour Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, can you please tell me what the residual and money factor is now for a 14 v6 coupe base for both 24 month at 15 k and 16,500 miles per year? Thank you for all you do!
    You're welcome rushour :). Ford credit's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2014 Mustang Coupe V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.75% and 64%.

The residual value for a lease with 16,500 miles per year would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • drct2dcadrct2dca Member Posts: 5
    Carman, am I correct in assuming there is no lease program for 2013 or 2013 GT Premium Convertibles? If so, can you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible. I am looking to lease one for 36 months / 15,000 miles per year. Thank you for your help.
    Your assumption is indeed correct, drct2dca. Ford is only providing lease support on the Mustang V6, not the GT.

Car_man
    Host
  • lawrenzo1lawrenzo1 Member Posts: 4
    My Shelby came in and US Bank is now offering pretty good lease terms on the GT500s. 60% residual on a 3 year term 10k miles with a .00192 money factor.
  • drct2dcadrct2dca Member Posts: 5
    Great. Do you have the 36 month / 15,000 mile residual handy?
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hi Car Man!!

Looking for current May 2013 residual value and money factor for a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible Automatic Transmission with MCA package and Comfort Package. The MSRP is $34,885. Please provide terms for: 10,500 mi/yr and 12,000 mi/yr

My zipcode is: 89123 (Las Vegas, NV)

Also, is the $1,500 retail cash AND $1,000 lease conquest cash ($2,500 total) available for a lease?

THANKS!!!!!!
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Hello!
    I hope I can get an answer soon.
    Looking to lease a 2014 Ford Mustang Premium V6 Convertible with automatic trans.

Please let me know: Residual Value and Money Factor for a 36 month lease with 10,500 and 12,000 miles/yr. Also, How much is Ford Motor Credit's Bank Fee?

My zipcode is: 89178 (Las Vegas, NV)

Can the $1,500 Retail cash and $1,000 Lease Conquest Cash be used towards a lease?
    Yes. Ford Credit's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mustang V6 with 15,000 miles per year are 5.75% and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lasvegasrph. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10,500 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

The retail cash definitely is not available on leases. I haven't heard about any conquest cash on this car, but I suppose that it's possible that it is compatible with the lease program.

Car_man
    Host