Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited May 2015 in GMC
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 GMC Yukon Lease Questions forum.

Comments

• deeterdeeter Member Posts: 4
    I am a family member to a GM employee and thus privy to the "A-Plan" pricing. On a 2007 SLT with DVD, Satellite Radio, Sunroof, middle and rear bench seating, 2WD, this netted me out at $39,400 with MSRP at $45,170. They're pushing the SmartBuy option at 9.5% leading to monthly payments of $624/48mo. and $690/36mo = much higher than pmt on current Yukon of $550/mo on 48mo lease. I've asked them to get more creative and get back to me. What lease options will I have and what should my targeted money factor be for a 36mo or 48mo lease? I appreciate your help here.

Thanks.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Hum...my local credit unit interest rates start out at 5.49% for 49-66 months. Are they trying to use 9.5% as the interest rate basis of the loan and calling it "SmartBuy"? I don't know much about the SmartBuy program, but it looks like a lease...turn it back in at the end for a $250 disposal fee or buy it for the baloon payment. What would your baloon payment (residual) be on this deal? 9.5% seems a little high?

Best question is do YOU want to lease or buy? What payments do you want or can afford for what period of time?
  • deeterdeeter Member Posts: 4
    I don't have any details yet, however I know that their SmartBuy is not structured the same as a lease. I'm waiting for the info to come in and will see what the residual is. I'm also looking for strong lease factors that are available.

Thanks for the response.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi deeter. 9.5% is an outrageous interest rate to pay on any new vehicle. You definitely would be better off leasing this truck. GMAC's current base lease rate for leases of 1007 GMC Yukon models through GMAC is 7.5%. This isn't anything to write home about, but it is a heck of a lot better than 9.5%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    How much were you putting down on the lease?
  • blackdog24blackdog24 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a 2007 Yukon SLT. Does anyone know the current lease rate (APR/Interest rate) and residual value offered thru GMAC for this vehicle?
    Greetings blackdog24. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT with 15,000 miles per year are 6.3% and 60%, respectively. Make sure to take the $2,000 bonus cash that GM is currently providing on this truck into account when negotiating its capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gators68gators68 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of leasing a Yukon Denali 07 and seem to be at a road block. I purchased leasing software online in order to make sure I was not getting fleeced on financing. Agreed upon value has been determined to be 51,113 minus 2K cash back from GMC. 7.3% financing, 63% residual on 36m (12K)lease on MSRP of 54,975. Only startups for dwn which is 2043.03 which includes 1stpmt and sec dep and dealer,title fees. The software spits out 683.60 plus Florida tax( 7% )47.85 for a total of 731.45.

Both dealers start with same numbers but miraculously come out with pmts 40 to 80 dollars per month higher! Can you calculate and see if there is something Im missing or are they just trying to make $ on financing. Im willing to compromise but not that much. Please assist.
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Its the "Oops" extra dealer profit anomoly in their software.
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    Not sure how they're calculating the rebate (is it just a cap cost reduction?), but running your numbers through my leasing software came up with a monthly payment of $702.84. The only thing I can think of that might be raising the
    monthly payment is the acquisition fee that's usually tacked on. That's generally in the neighborhood of $600-$800 and if you spread that cost over 36 months, you're looking at an additional $20-$25/month (although that's far from the $40-$80 difference the dealer is coming up with). When you have your numbers like you do, feel free to call GMAC and tell them what's going on. They should be able to tell you what your monthly payment should be and you can discuss any discrepancies with them.
  • tryingtolearntryingtolearn Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good deal?

MSRP $40,390
    Cap Cost ??
    Down $3000 + first month + sec deposit
    Monthly lease w/o tax $299
    39 month lease

I do not know the interest rate, nor the residual
    These were the only numbers given.

Thanks
    Hi tryingtolearn. Let me begin by saying that I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason why I do so is that consumers who make down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off leasing without any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

You never mentioned the selling price of the Yukon that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    OK car_man

They quoted around $370 w/o the downpayment...and w/o tax is that reasonable for 10,000 miles.

If you can please give me residual, GM money factors, miles, lease cash provided by GM, etc. Is GM still doing a $7000 rebate on the Yukon?

I assume with the info I provided you could reverse calc a selling price, is that true if you know GMs money factor (i.e. interest rate).

Thanks
    Car Man

I have heard that specials are coming back this weekend on Yukon and Tahoe leases. Do you know anything about these?

What factors, interest rate, etc. are there currently on Yukon and Tahoe's. While I realize that you are probably really busy it would really be a big assistance to everyone using this site if you could either 1) post the latest info monthly so that we can go and calculate are own lease deals - i.e. 10,000 miles, 64% residual, $5000 lease rebates, etc, same for 12k and 15k mi. or 2) give us directions to a website that has this info.

I see a lot of people posting questions that they would not post and in fact could inform others that they found a good deal or to stay away from XYZ dealer because he will screw you if they had this info.

Could you please post this? Thanks
  • chow3chow3 Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car Man-- I am looking for the numbers on a tahoe or Yucon lease. 36 months, 12,000 miles per year with 0 cap cost. I am looking at these twins and the Honda/Toyota mini vans ( and other 7 passanger vehicles) It does not seem thier is much lease support on any vehicle this size at this time. Do you see and support by year end?? Also, any suggestions on this size vehicle that has some nice lease deals would be helpful. Thanks for your help

CHOW
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    I'm in the same boat as you..sat in a Yukon last week and loved it, so damn comfortable..would love to know if prices are dropping on leases for this.
    I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this truck using GMAC's actual lease program, tryingtolearn, if you provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. Both numbers are necessary to the calculation. Having both will also enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given on this truck so that I can give you my opinion of this deal.

General Motors is still providing a ton of customer cash on the 2006 GMC Yukon, $6,000 to be specific, but it is no longer offering leases on 2006 models through GMAC. It only has cash incentives on leases of the 2007 Yukon in certain regions. As far as this truck's lease program goes, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon with 15,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey chow3. Please see my previous post for information on this truck's current lease program. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value for this term would be 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual. I don't anticipate GM enhancing its lease program on the Tahoe or Yukon before the end of the year, but it is difficult to say exactly what automakers will do with their future incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car_Man,

How do the residual and money factor's differ for both a 36 and 39 month lease at 12K miles per year between the Yukon Denali XL and the Escalade ESV?
    Car_Man,

What are the current residual and money factors for both 36 and 39 months 12K per year leases?
    Also Car Man, do you know if the current 2K cash incentive can be used for leases? I was told it was only available on purchases.
    Hi jim53. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV are 6.15% and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • drjmak1drjmak1 Member Posts: 9
    the rv is higher on the GMC? What is a good lease for a gmc or escalde not the xl for 12k ayr with nav, ent, 20 inch wheels pkg,sunroof. Im getting b/w 775-800 thats with nothing down and my taxes rolled into the lease
    I'm getting around $800 for a Denali XL with everything but the power running boards and mid to high 900's for a pretty fully loaded white Escalade ESV. This is based on supplier pricing. The difference in residual drives a lot of the lease pricing difference.
    jim where are u getting these deals. is that with the taxes in the lease. my price is on the yukon denali not the yukon xl. Im in nj.
    Just outside Philly but it is with a supplier discount so I should be able to get that same deal anywhere. I was wondering if better deals are possible. I havent seen any near me.
    can u find out what it would be on a reg. denali not a xl and can i get that deal. Ill drive to philly.
    you will need to get a supplier discount auth code (you can get if you work for a GM supplier or if you know a GM employee or retiree). Once you have, you can probably get the same deal anywere.
  • kgraveskgraves Member Posts: 2
    I went car shopping in Cols. Ohio for the new GMC Acadia..while there, I indicated I liked the new Yukons. She said she had an '07 "promotional" Yukon Denali (red..yuk)direct shipped from GM to cols. for a golf tourney. MRSP$55,000+ she would sell out the door for $44,000.00. I avg. 6,000 to 10,000 miles/yr. on a lease. She said their lease on this would be high but did not give the details. Is this a good deal and can I get a good lease for this vehicle somewhere else? Thank you.
  • groupwheregroupwhere Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm thinking about a 36 month lease with a 12k per year mileage allowance. The MSRP on the vehicle is $55,355.

Dealer's quote is $924 month plus tax. Zero down sign and drive. Dealer says residual is 63% or $34,873.

Does this deal make sense? Can you explain how to account for th sign and drive portion of the offer. Dealer says it is really lie a 35 month lease because tag, title, delivery and first payment are baked into monthly payments.

You guidance would be appreciated.

THANKS!
    I assume they just add all of the up front costs (bank charge, sec deposit, tags, first payment) into the cap cost and calculate the lease from there (i.e. you would be financing those as well). That quote you got seems high to me on the surface. I am going to be leasing one with a 58K sticker for right around $800 including the 9% tax in PA. I think the zero down quote was closer to arond $860 per month including tax. Granted that is using a supplier discount but the quotes I got w/o the discount were maybe only 30-40 more. What price for the car are they using to calculate that lease?
    what is LAM dealer and LAM group contribution. Does the dealer get this back. It adds almost $950 to the price?????
    new 2007 yukon denali AWD with nav, ent. pkg, rear view camera, heated wheel, sunroof for 49,900 before the 1750 rebate. MSRP 53510
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi carman,
    wondering what the lease rates and residuals are for the denali and the denali xl for Feb for 27 and 36 months and 10K miles.
    thanks!
    Hi kgraves. $11,000 is an amazing discount on a brand new GMC Yukon Denali. How many miles does it have on it? I definitely don't think that you are going to be able to get a Yukon Denali for less than this. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you and see what it's like. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with an MSRP of $55,000 and a selling price of $44,000 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would only be around $469. If this truck has a number of miles on it, GMAC may require that some sort of adjustment is made during the payment calculation.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings groupwhere. $924 a month :surprise: . That's a lot of money! Sign and drive basically means that any of the charges that you normally would have to pay at lease signing, like your vehicle's acquisition fee, first month's payment, security deposit, and any taxes are all rolled into its selling price so that you don't have to pay any money at lease signing. All you have to do is "sign" the lease contract and "drive" away in your new vehicle. I would be happy to give you a detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what this truck's selling price is. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi drjmak1. While I don't know for certain, I suspect that LAM stands for "Local Area Marketing." If so, these fees are basically advertising fees that the dealer you are working with has to pay. Rather than letting the dealer cloud things by adding all sorts of fees to your deal, focus on the big picture. Get an out-the-door price for the Yukon that you are interested in that includes all of the fees. Then comparison shop that price with a few other dealers and go with the one that offers you the best total deal, provided that they use GMAC's base lease rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello drjmak1. A base 2007 GMC Yukon Denali has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,750 customer cash that is currently available on this truck is not compatible with its lease program, but in February GM is providing $500 bonus cash on it that is. You were quoted a $3,610 discount on the truck that you are interested in. This looks like a pretty good price to me, if you are able to have the $500 bonus cash subtracted from it. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck: "GMC Yukon /Yukon Denali: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, monkeyshift. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL with 10,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 7.2% and 65%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $500 bonus cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Thanks Car Man :) also-- I'm eligible for the supplier discount, which on a 54,455 truck is 50,114, can I add that 500 bonus cash on top of that discount?
  • kgraveskgraves Member Posts: 2
    Thank you carman for your reply. I don't think I can go wrong on this one. There is approx. 2,000 miles on it. The dealers wife is sporting around in it right now. thanks again!
  • vegasrphvegasrph Member Posts: 47
    Hello Car Man!! I am looking to see if the residuals for a 2007 Yukon are still 63% for a 12,000 mi/yr lease (36-39 months) and what is the current interest rate (MF)? Also, just to let some other forum readers know......contact the internet dept at your local (or out of area) dealer for the absolute BEST price quote. Right now, I was quoted $500 UNDER invoice + any rebates ($2250 right now)!! So, this can save you almost $3,000 UNDER invoice!! (BUY ONLY, not on a lease) THANKS!!!
  • tadmaddadtadmaddad Member Posts: 1
    CAR MAN: Local dealer (friend) is quoting me $646/month on a 48 month, $4K down lease for a pretty loaded Yukon SLT, MSRP =$48915, my price = $44999. The Virginia personal property taxes are "rolled in" to the lease because GMAC pays these upfront at a "subvented" rate -- the dealer says this accounts for approximately $80/month on the lease. The applicable personal property tax rate is %3.79%, but according to the dealer, because GM pays in bulk, they get a discount.

My questions are:

1. Does this sound like a reasonable deal overall?
    2. Does what the dealer is telling me about the personal property taxes ring true? I am concerned that I am financing personal property taxes, which I obviously do not want to do.

Thanks!
  • jimavjimav Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I received a quote for an 07 Denali with:
    nav/rear ent/20" rims

5k down 36month 12k miles for 631 a month.

A friend bought a cheaper Ford Expedition with a residual of 48% compared to 63% on the Yukon. I did not get the money factor for the Yukon quote. Does anyone know the current/average interest rates from gmc now?
    (btw, this quote is from the Philly area)

Thanks
  • raimuraimu Member Posts: 4
    After checking out the new X5 (ouch on the lease) and deciding not to wait to see the 08 Cayenne in April, I settled on Denali but need help pricing a lease. My question is what would be a 'best case' scenario to aim for? Also, where can I find GMID, or are there better approaches? Probably will end up with a factory ordered unit, as I would like to specify color (black-black) and options (all) (not XL).
    Fully loaded invoice is $51,518, - $2,250 manuf incentives (the extra $500 went off after 2/20). I was going to aim for $750 under invoice + any manuf rebates, but I am clueless as to what to look for on the leasing side. (residual, rate, taxes (I live in So NJ), term..) Suggestion appreciated, also whether I am aiming for a realistic purchase number. Thanks.
    I just leased one (loaded Denali XL) in January and the residual was 62% and mf 7.2% for 39 months at 12K mile per month. Also, the incentives at that time could not be used for a lease - only a straight sale. I assume this is still the case but don't know for sure.
  • drjmakdrjmak Member Posts: 19
    the best i could do is $300 over invoice before i include the rebate of $1750. So all in all its 1450 below invoice if u buy. this was on a denali(not xl) with ent. pkg, nav. system, rear camera, heated steering wheel.. did not get 20 inch wheels or automatic runing boards the price is 49,900 before the $1750 rebate.....This is in northern nj. The lease with 1500 down (included in that is first month , reg fees and bank fee) is 748 a month 39 months 12k ayr
  • raimuraimu Member Posts: 4
    Thank you both, that's very helpful. Does anyone have any idea if new lease rates will be available in March? Is GMC selling as many of these as they need or will they want to spur sales?
  • drjmakdrjmak Member Posts: 19
    new lease rates and incentives on march 1.
    You're welcome, monkeyshift. It's great that you are able to purchase your vehicle through GM's Supplier Purchase Program. It will enable you to get a good price without having to haggle. In answer to your question, you will be able to take advantage of the $500 bonus cash that is available on this truck in February.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.