Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, kgraves.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello vegasrph. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. Great job on negotiating an attractive selling price on the truck that you want. $500 under invoice before the deduction of any incentives is a good price. Unfortunately, the $1,750 customer cash that is available on this truck is not compatible with GMAC's lease program. GM is providing $500 bonus cash on this truck in February plus another $500 in select areas that is compatible with the lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tadmaddad. Let me begin by saying that $4,000 is too large a down payment to make on a lease. I always tell consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Those who do risk losing the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The selling price looks good to me. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with use GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with exactly how the personal property that your state charges works on leased vehicles, so I can't give you any advice on that aspect of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jimav. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I always tell consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing. If you were to make a $5,000 down payment on your Yukon Denali lease and it was totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered it is very likely that you would lose all of that money. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Here's the information on this truck's current lease program that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. In February, General Motors is providing a total of $1,000 bonus cash on this truck in your area. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • melanie202melanie202 Member Posts: 1
    Reading your answers have already been helpful...thanks!
    Here's my situation.I looked today at a 2007 Denali, $47670 Base, 20" wheels, $1995, Rear seat DVD 1295, Sunroof, $995, and Dest. $900. Total $52,585. I want a 36 mo, 20k miles lease. What should I be paying? I'm in So. Cal.
    And, what after market things should I get or stay away from? Thanks so much!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi carman,
    wondering what the lease rates and residuals are for the denali and the denali xl for March for 27 and 39 months with 10K miles. Also, is there any bonus cash or incentives that will work towards lowering the cap cost on a lease?
    thanks!
  • mikeystilesmikeystiles Member Posts: 1
    I am new on this board and have read some helpful things. THANK YOU ALL. I was giving what i though to be a very fair price on the truck form a local dealer in brooklyn ny but as faith would have it the dealer closed and i never got my truck. This was the first week of feb and I said ill wait till march maybe ill get a better price. Does anyone know if there is any cash back for leases. And what a fair price for a fully loaded soup to nuts 2007 denali. I was quoted 679 a month for 39 months with 4200 down 10k a year but like i said dealer is out now :( I am a 22 yr old from brooklyn ny so i need all the help i can get dealers dont take me serious THANK YOU
  • aron2aron2 Member Posts: 4
    i just found this forums so go easy on me. on 2/15/07 i got a Yukon with the slt package. the cost is $46312.53. i got it in NY for $625 a month and $1394.00 out off pocket. that is with everything plus being able to give it back with $5000 worth of damage 39 months and 10,000 miles. was this a good deal
  • moose08moose08 Member Posts: 4
    Carman, I hate to bombard you with redundant questions, but it seems the previous deals with the Yukon expired on February 28th. I was hoping you could answer two questions for me
    1) Is the lease rate and residual on a 12k 36 mo lease still 7.2% and 63%?
    2) Is the $1750 that GM is offering as cash back applicable to a lease through GMAC?
  • moose08moose08 Member Posts: 4
    I was just given a quote on a loaded Yukon Denali (DVD Nav, rearview camera, rear ent, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels).
    MSRP: $55505
    Sale Price: $51109
    Term: 39mo.
    Residual: 62%
    Lease Rate: 7.2%

The $1750 cash allowance currently being offered is for a purchase only.

Seems that 7.2% is the base lease rate, so I'm assuming this is a go ahead deal. My GM card incentives bring the price down another $2250 to a final cap cost of $48859 (GM usually caps card redemption on the Denali at $1500, but I had a special incentive allowing it to exceed the typical redemption limit). My final lease price is in the $670 range with nothing down (pa has a 3% lease tax ON TOP of the 6% sales tax, bringing the total tax rate to 9%). Please post if you think this is a bad deal.
  • budlongbudlong Member Posts: 3
    Hi...I am looking at a 2007 Denali. I get the supplier discount, so here is the rundown:

07 denali, nav, dvd, 2nd row bucket...MSRP 51,070. The supplier price would be 47,597.13

On a 36 month SmartBuy with 15,000 miles a year based on a Denali built to your specs. The payment would be roughly 908. a month on current SmartBuy residuals.

This seems a bit high to me? Am I wrong? I live in Houston, TX, and our tax rate is 6.25%.

TIA!!
    Jeni
    Update...now he is quoting me
    48 months 15k a year with with 2k down and the payment would be 779.

Hmmm...just not sure what to think.
    A little more info...

On 48 month the residual is .52 for 15k a year
    Welcome melanie202. I am glad that you have found reading this discussion so helpful. The first thing that you need to do is figure out what price you want to pay for this truck. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the GMC Yukon right now, but on a domestic product in a competitive market like Southern California I personally would shoot for $500 over dealer invoice. You also may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "GMC Yukon /Yukon Denali: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of what price you want to pay, shop around with a couple of dealers for the lowest possible selling price. Make sure that the dealer that you choose to go with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 7.2% to calculate your monthly payment. If you let me know what selling price you are aiming for, I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi monkeyshift. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a GMC Yukon Denali or a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with 10,000 miles peer year are 7.2% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 7.2% and 64%, respectively.

I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of these trucks right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome mikeystiles. I'm glad that you have found this discussion so helpful. Unfortunately I am not aware of any cash incentives available on leases of the 2007 GMC Yukon right now. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the specific truck that you are interested in for you. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. You can look up this truck's MSRP and invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Then you can either assume that you will be able to get it for $X over invoice or check out the following discussion to get an idea of how much you will have to pay: "GMC Yukon /Yukon Denali: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these prices are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome aboard aron2. I assume that the price that you mentioned, $46,312.53, is this truck's selling price. If so, what is its MSRP? You should be able to find it on your lease contract. Having both numbers will show me how much of a discount you were given and it will enable me to use GMAC's lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should have been. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new truck, moose08. It looks like you got a great deal. You're right the customer cash that GM is offering on the Yukon right now is now available on leases through GMAC and 7.2% is GMAC's current base lease rate for this model. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Jeni. The fact that you are able to purchase this truck through GM's supplier purchase program means that you are getting it for a good price. Let's use GMAC's current lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that has an MSRP of $51,070 and a selling price of $47,598 through GMAC right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $661. If you were to lease this truck for only 36 months, its payment should be around $706. These are for GM's SmartLease program, not its SmartBuy program. Given how much lower the payment that I came up with is than the one that you were quoted you may be better off going with a lease than a balloon note on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mcgdocmcgdoc Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinking of leasing a Denali.

What is the residual and the money factor for
    1. 24 month/15k per year
    2. 36 month/15k per year

I have a tier one credit.

Thanks!
  • rojroj Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man
    I'm interested in leasing a 2007 GMC Yukon SLE-1 2WD. 36 or 48 month lease. At least 15K miles per year. Is there an 18K mile per year lease? MSRP is $35,525. Do you know what the current lease rate (MF) and Residual is for this vehicle? Do you know what I can expect to pay monthly (including 7.75% So Cal Tax rate) if I only pay minimum drive off fees? I have Tier 1 Credit. Assume I get vehicle at invoive (~$32650) minus current $2000 GMC incentive. Thanks
  • mjbrady77mjbrady77 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a Yukon SLT. The dealer told me I could only get $1,500 of the GM incentive, since it is a lease. Does this sound correct or should a lessee get $2,500? Here are the details, please let me know if the deal sounds good....

MSRP - $50,175
    Sale Price - $46,111
    48 months/15,000 miles/$0 down/7.7 sell rate/52% residual - $673 p/month

OR

MSRP - $50,175
    Sale Price - $46,111
    39 months/15,000 miles/$0 down/7.7 sell rate/59% residual - $685 p/month

Thanks for the advice!!!
  • cams3cams3 Member Posts: 3
    Ok guys here are my numbers, I just got my certificate for a supplier dealer discount and printed up my window sticker on https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

Yukon SLT

Total MSRP: $42,950.00
    Supplier Price: $39,482.86
    Current Offers: - $2,000.00 (cash back incentive)
    Net Price: $37,482.86

What type of lease payment should i be looking at? Im going to the dealer tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful
    Located in NY

thanks
    Here you go, mcgdoc. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 7.2% and 60%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cams3cams3 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_Man

Any chance you can give me some advice on the above info(post #76).. Im going to the dealer today, what should i be expecting

thanks
    Hello roj. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that GMAC publishes residual values for. You would be able to lease a vehicle through it with a higher mileage allowance than that, but in order to do so you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a GMC Yukon with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 7.2% and 52%. Let's use this lease program to work up a sample payment for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '07 GMC Yukon that has an MSRP of $35,525 and a selling price off $32,650 (the $2,000 cash incentive is not compatible with leases) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $477. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be around $449.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mjbrady77. GM's normal customer cash incentive is not available on leases through GMAC. I have even worse news for you. If you haven't leases already, you will not be able to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive either. This bonus cash incentive was available on the '07 Yukon in late may and it was not extended for the month of June. Having said this, I suspect that GM will introduce some sort of enhancement to its June program later on this month.

I assume that the selling prices you mentioned for this truck are taking the bonus cash into account. If so, they're not bad. If not, they're outstanding.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cams3. Unfortunately, the $2,000 customer cash incentive that General Motors is providing on the 2007 GMC Yukon is not available on leases of it through GMAC. Let's work up a sample lease payment for you and see what we come up with. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are going with a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 GMC Yukon that has an MSRP of $42,950 and a selling price of $39,483 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $577.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hoss3hoss3 Member Posts: 7
    OK I Hope you can get me a anwser quick I live in the Pittsburgh, PA area and got a quote on a 39 month 12k a year lease on a total loaded short cab denail MSRP 56K down to 52637 ---- monthly payment @ 856... what do you think? thanks for your help and time. if it's too high what should I be looking for in terms of a payment and final sale price? thanks again!
    IS anyone around to anwser my question???
  • ruccorucco Member Posts: 3
    Carman
    looking to lease a denali loaded nav,dvd ect. about
    55k sticker price
    getting price of 660 a month
    39 month 12k 4000k out the door
    thank rucco
    can anyone anwser my question?? above.

rucco wow wherte are you getting that price? is it an 07? are you trading anything in? is that 4K a down payment?

hoss
    trading nothing gmc in broward county fl I think it's called sheane gmc on fed hwy yes it's a 07
    any body got lease #'s on a 07 denali loaded 39 month 12k
    4k down getting prices of 660 a month
    Hi rucco. Are you asking for someone to provide you with their opinion of this deal. If so, I would be happy to share my thoughts on it with you. It would be much easier for me to do so if I knew what this truck's MSRP and selling price are. You never mentioned either of these numbers in your post. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment.

For now I can tell you that it would be in your best interest not to pay $4,000 at lease signing. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Consumers who do risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease, even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey rucco. As far as this truck's lease program goes, GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 GMC Yukon with 12,000 miles per year are 6.9% and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • godstheregodsthere Member Posts: 3
    I just did a smartbuy on a $47k Yukon XL.
    The smartbuy was better because I had a trade that was a smartbuy that had a high residual.
    I but down $2000 total out of pocket.
    My payment for a 24 month smartbuy 10k a year would be $356.

But I did the 36 month 12k with smartlease protect for $398.

There are some great rebates that applied on my lease:

1. $4000 if you can find one built before Nov 12th 2006.
    2. $1000 lease loyalty
    3. $250 dpa
    4. $264 Gm card
    5. GMS
    Congratulations on getting your new Yukon XL, godsthere. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mrivasmrivas Member Posts: 2
    Hey Jim53, I was told the same thing at the GM dealership after recently negotiating the selling price of a 2008 Denali. They told me that the $1K or 2K rebates were only good for cash (transactions) not leasing.
  • mrivasmrivas Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman - what are your thoughts about a 2008 loaded Yukon denali, MSRP $55,205. Getting sales price of $51,500?
    On a lease for this vehicle, the quote for 39mth lease/ 10K miles @8.2 APR = $698.00 (with $3500K down)??
  • paniconiapaniconia Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a 08 yukon list price of $51500 it has everything. Purchase price including all fees of $46000. Zero down $698 a month. 39 months 12k a year.

From what I have read I think I may have done pretty good.
    ok in short a few weeks back I leased a 07 denali 39 months 12K

Totally loaded retract running boards, nav, rear seat entertainment etc..

msrp 57,610(might be off a few hundred

sell price 49800 or so

699 a month zero down bought it in Ohio but live in PA..

any thought on how I did?

thanks
  • isalexisalex Member Posts: 4
    Man, I feel like I got hosed by the dealer....

I live in Calfornia...leased a 2007 Yukon XL, LT1 package, but I also got the 20" polished alum wheels, and Nav/rearview camera, sunroof....

12k miles, $1800 down, $650/month (tax included), the contract says that the gross cap cost is $45,145.71.

Did I get totally hosed?? I have one option out of the contract, I think...they backdated the contract by one day to get the lease program to work...I did not realize this until I got home. I have had the car less than one week....should I be worried?

Can someone please help???!
  • fallsparkyfallsparky Member Posts: 5
    I want leather with captain chairs in middle an bench seats in rear i want to lease for 36-39 mths i have a total of 1000 to put down we live in va but nc line is on 30 minutes away i want to get best lease for 380-450 a month.

need help one score is 700 plus the other is 520 will i get to lease at premeir rate
  • artsrt10artsrt10 Member Posts: 13
    Any thoughts out ther on the diff in prices out there for leases on an SLT2, Denali, and MDX lease? I'd be looking at nothing down (just first month and doc fees, EVERYTHING else in payment) 12k mi and 36/39 mos. Also any thoughts on how much dvd/nav would add to the monthly lease rate? Additionally I def want power liftgate on each vehicle. Also any advice as to which to select? By Jan i will have 2 boys (4 1/2 yr old and newborn) and live in staten Island, NY (city driving will prob affect mpg's signficantly). Any thoughts on diff in mpg for the diff trucks?

Thanks!
  • godstheregodsthere Member Posts: 3
    If I lived in NYC I would buy the hybrid outright and get the tax credit.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Hello Carman or anyone else who can help:

Thinking about leasing a fully loaded '08 Denali XL that lists for $57,765 or might consider the shorter version for $55,205. Just curious what GM's current residual values and money factors (APR) are on either a 36mo/15k or a 39mo/15k lease?

I've read that you cannot get the rebate, but can take the bonus cash on a lease. Is this correct? If I were to lease through a secondary bank other than GMAC, would I get the rebate?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ocautoseeker. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 59%.

What you read is correct, the customer cash that General Motors is currently providing on this truck is not compatible with this lease program, but the $1,000 bonus cash is. If you were to lease the Yukon XL that you are interested in through a bank other than GMAC then you would be able to take advantage of the $750 customer cash in addition to the bonus cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hanoverkenhanoverken Member Posts: 30
    One of my local dealers has offered to sell me an '08 Denali for $50,199. I am leasing the vehicle for 39 months/15k miles per year. Money factor is .003 (7.2%) and residual is $33,160 or 61%. It has the sun, entertainment, and destination package plus 20" wheels. I think it also has a heated steering wheel.

Can you comment on that as compared to other sales out there? I'm inclined to believe I could get the cap cost down, but the lease values are pretty standard.

MSRP is $55,205 and the above price is supposedly $500 under invoice, but I don't have the evidence to back that up. Can you help me? Thanks!

Ken W.
    Massachusetts
  • hanoverkenhanoverken Member Posts: 30
    I am told that by leasing the vehicle in the above post I lose out on incentives - $3000 worth. The vehicle cost drops to $47,199 if I buy outright. So, I guess I should rephrase the question to be is $50,199 a good price on a LEASED vehicle?

Ken W.
This discussion has been closed.