Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• afajbtafajbt Member Posts: 3
    I used this site for my most recent lease and thought I'd post my numbers for everybody's reference.

2010 Accord EX 4cyl.
    3 year 36K Lease
    MSRP - 25,340 (including destination charge of 710)
    Invoice - 23,041
    Residual Value - 15457.40 (61%)
    Money Factor - .00133
    Cap Cost - 23,383.40 (includes 595 lease fee, and 589.50 dealer fees)
    Paid first months payment and FL tag transfer fee of 130.50 for a total of $420
    Monthly payment - $271.83 plus FL 6.5% tax for total $289.50

I solicited internet quotes from all 15 dealerships here in south FL and the most difficult part was determining what their quotes included. I found it necessary with most dealers to specifically ask whether they included destination (710) and dealer fees in their quotes (most included destination; none included their dealer fees).

Hope this helps. If I missed anything, please feel free to ask.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tedmon23tedmon23 Member Posts: 9
    First off I apologize for not having all the information that is probably needed, but I am just trying to find out if this is a good offer. 36 month $256 a month with no money down for the accord lx. I thank you in advice!
  • apocalypsoapocalypso Member Posts: 12
    Wanted to post this lease I just secured:

2010 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan

36 month/15K miles lease

$395/ month including tax, $0 cash/fees at closing

I think I did pretty well!
  • domespir3domespir3 Member Posts: 1
    Just got flwng offer from a Sacramento CA Honda dealer which I'm about to accept:
    Selling price is $20544+TTL. Lease is $255 a month for 36 months incl tax, 12,000 mi max per year, OTD out of pocket upon pick-up is $654, and residual value after the lease period is 61% or about 14,300 + . Would appreciate advice whether I am getting a good deal or not. Thanks.
  • wp_nightmarewp_nightmare Member Posts: 6
    I just got back from the dealership. On a 2010 honda accord coupe lx-s 2 door they were going to give me $250 a month with taxes. Is that good? My residual was 59% and I believe my money factor was .00193. $250 a month is that to much for base? the car would be 3 years 36k miles also
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    wp nightmare:
    $250/month with taxes doesn't seem bad to me, but the details are important to really determine that.

Any money out of pocket?
    What was the sale price and MSRP?
    Any cap reduction?
    I believe the money factor is actually .000833 for the 3yr/36k term...Car_man could confirm I'm sure.
  • wp_nightmarewp_nightmare Member Posts: 6
    0 money out of pocket. My sale price was $20969 and MSRP was $24065. You are probably right on the money factor I forgot the number but it was in that area. Now say if I do agree to this deal, what fees do I have to pay for I live in New Jersey. I believe I have to pay for acquisition fee of $595 plus my first months payment. Do I have to pay anything other fees? Also, what scams should I be looking for when I'm signing the paperwork. I know the easy one's like extended warranty, but what are the other one's I shouldn't pay for?
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Just inked a lease on the following:

2010 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
    Options: trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks, nitrogen filled tires
    36 months
    12k mi/yr
    $0 due at signing (everything rolled into payment including first month)
    $340 / mo including tax

My dealer will do this deal all day long so if you want the info let me know. I'm in the Tampa Bay area.
  • tymotymo Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Do you have MF and RV for the 2010 Crosstour?
    Please provide the numbers for EX-L with Navi and EX-L without Navi.

Deeply appreciate your service. Keep up the invaluable work!

Tymo
  • msssnymsssny Member Posts: 1
    $206 per month for a 2010 Honda Accord LX P, 12,000 miles per year, $210 per month, including NY taxes. Up front cost: $1250, including the bank fee, first month payment, registration, plates, title & tax.
  • carleaser2carleaser2 Member Posts: 6
    I need to pick one up this week. Can you share the dealer name/reps name? Thanks. :)
    - Just leased a 2010 Honda Accord LX Auto 12k/yr
    - Total Paid at dealership $2000.00 (includes all fees, first payment, tax tags, etc)
    - Remaining committed payments: 35 payments of $200.00 per month (includes taxes).
    - My total cost for 3 years for this car is: 2000 + 35*200 = 9000 over 3 years
    - I told the dealers all I want to pay them when I come in is $2k, and will send 35 pmts after that and they should tell me the $ amount of that including taxes. I told them I don't care what residual, money factor, cap cost, etc they use. All I care for is only paying $2000 on day 1, and then 35 payments of xx $ amount including all taxes and fees so I get a true out of pocket perspective. They started with $274/mo and got them down to $200.00.
    - I am not looking to keep the car, only to use it for 3 years and then return it.
    - Was this a good deal?

Thank you for everyone's help here - this is great :)
  • victor23victor23 Member Posts: 201
    Carleaser2:
    - Many people here will criticize you for not caring about selling price and only asking for the lowest monthly payment. To me, your approach is quite legitimate, I would say, with a caveat: if only you know very well what is the right payment for your car.
    - Is your payment right? The fact that you got the dealers down from $274 to 200 is impressive, but not because 200 is so good, rather, because 274 for LX is out of bounds.
    - $200 for LX at 12k/yr and 2k down is about a standard (called Special Featured) Honda promotion, which is quite adequate, to my mind; still there is room to do better.
    - Just an example: the poster msssny, post # 3666, will pay $400 less than you over 3 years for a much better car (LX-P).
    - Doing better usually involves much haggling, though, and may be not up to everyone. The popular opinion that you send an email asking for an "internet price", and start receiving a lot of offers below MSRP, is just another urban legend.
  • pianistatpianistat Member Posts: 2
    Here is my pure price on my lease Accord LX 2010:
    The Total Cost (with tax and everything included) of $7339 / 30 = 245 per month
    I think pretty decent deal. What do you think? Also I was wandering if it was better to have it for 36 mounts instead? I asked if at the end of the 30 month they would consider extending the lease with 6 more and they said its possible but the lease company will have to decide...

Here are the details of my deal as in the contract:
    Capitalized Cost Deduction (amount payed in cash) - $1573.44
    Sales Tax on the Cash - 118
    1st month - 178.45 (166 plus tax in FL)
    Initial Title Fees - 60
    Tire Fee - 3.50
    Elec Fee Battey - 29
    License - 201.55
    TOTAL $2163.95

Plus 29 payments of 178.48

TOTAL cost (with tax) at the end of the lease: $7339
  • ma2010ma2010 Member Posts: 5
    I just leased a 2010 Lx -P for 1800 plus documentation & title fee of 290 and first month payment.

My monthly payment is 187 including tax. for a 30 month lease and 12000 miles per year.

Is this a good deal...
    That sounds like a great deal. Which dealership/salesman was it in NJ...I need to pick another one up for my parents very soon and would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!
  • pianistatpianistat Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    My first lease so I have two questions:
    1. If I need to move in a different state will Honda Lease Trust allow me to drive/register my new Accord in the new place? If so do I just pay the new registration/title as only additional expense or there are more fees?
    2. I just see that the Lease Agreement has a section called "Estimated fees and taxes during lease term" and the amount there is "estimated" to be 1051.70. Is this amount already included in my "Total amount I will have paid by the end of the lease" or this will be billed at the end of the lease additionally?
    Thanks,
    Chris
  • michaelfnmichaelfn Member Posts: 6
    Car Man, would you please post the newest (1/2010) Money Factor and Residual for a 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L, 4AT for 36 months, 36000 miles when they become available? Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks Tymo. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays. Honda is actually scheduled to introduce its new January lease program some time later today. I can provide you with what its December lease program was like for the Crosstour, but its new program is likely to be very different. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or so and I should be able to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier. The addition of navigation knocks two percent off of this car's residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome Chris. As long as you stay in the continental U.S. moving with a lease isn't a problem. Honda won't charge you anything additional.

Any fees or taxes that you have to pay on your lease will either be paid at signing or baked into your monthly payment. You won't get tagged with all sorts of taxes and fees at lease-end. Some banks charge a disposition fee when lessees return their vehicles, but to the best of my knowledge Honda Finance still does not charge one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi michaelfn. Honda is actually scheduled to introduce its new January lease program some time later today. I will provide you with its December lease program for the car that you are interested in now, but keep in mind that its new January program is likely to be very different.

Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year were .00133 and 57%, respectively.

Please feel free to check back with me in a day or so and I'll gladly give you an update on what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • vincinityvincinity Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I just leased a '10 Accord EXL with 15k/yr allowance.

I have excellent credit 750+, and this was my deal after some negotiations.

$770 Down
    $352/mo including Tax
    Options LoJack installed (+450 after negotiations)

is this a good deal? finalized the lease Jan 4th..

Thanks!
    Hi vincinity. Congratulations on getting your new Accord. The easiest way for me to tell if you got a good deal on your lease is to look at the selling price that you were charged. Let me know what that number is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • absilver13absilver13 Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to know if this is a good offer for a 2010 Accord Coupe EXL V6 without Navigation.

Car Sticker is $30,015 and lease is based on purchase price of $25,884. With $1,000 down, monthly payments are $359 including tax for 36 months with 12,000 mile monthly allowance.

Thanks
  • bill9902bill9902 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a 2010 EX-L Coupe (4-cyl Auto). I'm in the north SF Bay Area (Zip 94954). I haven't gotten any quotes yet, but plan on going back to the Internet department at a dealer I have done business with before. What's a reasonable price? Invoice $25,074 including destination. I was thinking of around $24k as a starting point, but not sure if that's still too high?

Also curious what the money factor and residuals are on 24/30/36 month options (with 12k miles/year). I should add that I expect to be able to qualify for the highest credit tier (my scores are about 780).

Thanks in advance,

-Bill
    HI absilver13. The selling price that you were quoted on the Accord that you are interested in is very attractive. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Honda finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00132 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bill. If I was in the market for a 4-cylinder Honda Accord right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of dealer invoice minus the $900 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Here's the lease info that you requested. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Accord EX-L Coupe 4-cylinder with 12,000 miles per year are .00132 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00132 and 59%. The 36 month numbers are .00132 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • davew09davew09 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Could you post the current (Jan. 2010) money factor and residual values for 2 Accord sedans? Both 4dr. automatics and both 36 mo., 12K/yr. lease. Zip code 31408
    1) LX
    2) EX

Also, is that $900 dealer cash available on ALL Accord 4 cylinders or just the 2010 Accord EX-L Coupe?

Thank you!

Dave
  • ma2010ma2010 Member Posts: 5
    I got it from Open road honda .. Ask for Nadeem the sales man. Number 732.839.4787 ... If you are in NJ your taxes will be low...it should cost you 170 plus tax
  • houdini33houdini33 Member Posts: 14
    Hey all,

I thought I'd share my lease deal since I've learned so much from these forums. Leased a 2010 Accord EX 4 door auto on Saturday. Here is the breakdown:

MSRP - $24630 (taken from window sticker)
    Vehicle Price - $21616 (this includes $710 destination and 'appearance package' (wheel locks, mats, mud guards, etc.)
    Acq Fee - $595
    Proc. Fee - $299
    Purchase price (includes acq and proc. fees) - $22510
    Sales Tax (VA) - $713.57
    Title/License - $66.50

I put $1000 down via a trade-in (which was really only worth ~$600). Total left was 35 payments of $253. This is for a 12k/month 36 month lease of a 2010 accord sedan EX. I think I did pretty good. Dealer experience was very smooth. I started with email quotes from multiple dealerships, but I figured I might have to stop at a few because I was dealing with a trade-in. But my sale went so smooth at my first stop there was no need to continue shopping. Was in and out of the dealer in 3 hours. Little to no high pressured sales pitches from either the internet sales manager, or the finance guy. Overall, I'm very happy. I got the alabaster silver with black interior. I think it looks sharp on these accords! :)
  • funtimes48funtimes48 Member Posts: 4
    I have a question on what should I be paying monthly to lease a 2010 accord coupe EXL V6 without Nav in New Hampshire Ive got 3 quotes around 318, 305, 300 with 2500 down. When I do it on my lease calculator with the residual of 52% and money factor of .00132 it comes to around 270-288 playing around with the sales numbers and cap numbers so I want it at invoice 26555+destination of $700.00 or can I get it cheaper you think also? Am I getting ripped off? Thanks for your help in advance! :0)
    There having deals on LX's for 0 down 188 a month you have to pay tax title fees which comes out to like 1200 or so at the end out of pocket plus first month payment. Your dealer is going on vacation with your money!
  • jet123456jet123456 Member Posts: 6
    Did I get a good lease deal?

2010 Accord EX-L V6 no nav.
    $2175 total out of pocket. 15k for 30 months
    Per month $330 (total payment per month with tax included)
    To funtimes48 re msg #3688: Could you tell me where to get these deals...this sounds too good. Thanks. Need to pick one up for parents. Thanks.
    Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.
    I got one from Auto Fair Honda and then Rockinham Honda and also Peters Honda in Nashua NH and Manchester NH But good luck trying to get one there are only 4 6 spds left in NE and 3 are black on black and one red on black. Not to mention they arent making anymore because they have a recall on the rear brakes they wear down by 15K so they stopped production on them as from what Im told. Good Luck with your search!

;0)
  • jakekodakjakekodak Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in the current money factor and residual values for Accord EXL 4 w/NAV and EXL 6 w/NAV. I'm interested in 24 months and 36 month lease info.Thanks so much for your help.
    I'm not sure what the situation is like in NH compared to here (Northern California), but here's what I got (you can compare the coupe vs. sedan invoice prices to factor in that slight difference). 2010 EX-L V6 sedan (w/o nav), $25,576 + TTL (but including destination). There is a $750 dealer cash incentive currently. The money factor was .00132 as you mention. The residual was 56%, at least on the sedan. Rolling in the $595 AHFC lease origination fee and accounting for our 9% (ouch) sales tax, the payment worked out to $348/month with nothing due at signing other than first month's payment, registration, title, CA tire fee, etc.

I should add that the price I got was with zero haggling through a rep in the Internet department. I figure I could have gotten him to go a bit lower, but they offered a very fair price on the trade-in and the whole process was so painless that I didn't want to ruin that. Best car buying experience I've ever had.
    I can't tell you for sure on the residuals, but the money factor should be .00132.

On non-navi units, the residual is 56%. I think navigation takes 1 or 2% off of that since the extra gadgets depreciate faster.
    We would really need to know what you actual purchase price was on this lease. Your out of pocket is definitely more than the minimum required, so you "bought down" your monthly payment which makes it more difficult to eyeball and tell if you got a "good deal" or not... What was the actual capitalized cost (negotiated price) on your lease?
  • jet123456jet123456 Member Posts: 6
    For Bill9902
    Thanks for your help. The info you asked for:

$26,700 was the negotiated price. Accord EX-L V6
    .00133 MF @ 61% for 30 months (15K)

Following paid up front
    tax up front (330x7% for 30 months) $693
    Bank fee 595
    Paper work (reg, plates, doc fee) 483
    1st month 330
    Sounds like you did fairly well. Based on my experience getting the same vehicle, you could have probably gotten another ~$1000-$1500 off of the purchase price. I got $25,576 for an EX-L V6, which included window tint and wheel locks. I might have been able to go a bit lower, but it was within my acceptable range and they did a nice deal for me on the trade-in.

Anyway, since you've already signed, the best thing you can do now is enjoy the car! We love ours so far.
  • aamixyaamixy Member Posts: 69
    My lease of a 2007 Accord ends in Feb. I am thinking of buying it back. But this car had minor accident (only body work), which, however, still appeared in Carfax. My question is: can I haggle if I decide to buy back the leased car? Should I talk to Honda Finance or the Dealer where I leased the car? Does anyone has similar experience that can be shared? Thank you very much!!
  • jakekodakjakekodak Member Posts: 3
    Got quoted 380 per month for 36 months on an EXL 4 w/Nav, zero down. Any thoughts as to whether I can improve on that.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    The price of the buy out is already set. Because, they usually print the buy out price on the lease contract. This is not something they negotiate, as this is the money that goes directly to Honda, not the dealer. This would be the same if you traded the car. If their was any negative equity. Meaning you loan/lease amount due exceeds its current trade value, you would be responsible for this difference. Therefore negotiating the buy out price is not able to be done because the price was set at the beginning of the lease.

At this time, you probably have some positive equity. Usually it is advised for this very reason to get a loan from the start, rather than lease then opt to own. It ends up being slightly more expensive. But, if you like the car, than it is worth it. Especially on a Honda.
  • aamixyaamixy Member Posts: 69
    Thanks for the information. Yes, I thought about that too, before reading the following article:

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/48100/article.html

The total cost of leasing then buying/owning is higher than owning it at the beginning. But it is probably a better choice considering my current financial situation. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks again.
  • rbcooperrbcooper Member Posts: 8
    lease quotes or done deals on 2010 Accord LX-P MSRP is 23565.00 or the LX MSRP is 22565.00 (both including freight)?
  • pann10pann10 Member Posts: 1
    56%
    .00132 = ~3.185%
    36months/18k miles
    $0 down (all rolled in)

$369 /

Courtney Honda, Milford, CT
    Internet Manager was a very pleasant guy. No pressure, no nonsense.
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Vincinity

Not a bad deal. I just inked a deal for a '10 EXL Sedan myself.

Terms:
    36 mo
    12k mi / yr
    $319 w/o tax and $341 w/ tax
    $0 out of pocket (all fees rolled into payment including first month)
    Options: mudguards, trunk tray, wheel locks, nitrogen filled tires
This discussion has been closed.