Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• zhekazheka Member Posts: 18
    Honda has rebates on 2012 Accords and 0.00065 money factor. Here are the current deals.

All quotes are for "sign and drive" lease, which means NO money upfront and 35 payments - Honda pays the first one. Payments do not include applicable sales taxes. I was able to beat a deal below by $3/month on an EX in Eastern MA.

LX Auto: 12k/36m - $216, 15k/36m - $229
    SE: 12k/36m - $229 , 15k/36m - $244
    EX Auto: 12k/36m - $236 , 15k/36m - $251
    EX-L: 12k/36m - $275 , 15k/36m - $291
    EX v6: 12k/36m - $236 , 15k/36m - $252
    EX-L v6: 12k/36m - $304 , 15k/36m - $322

Hope this helps.
  • gpsacgpsac Member Posts: 98
    I can't verify your payments above (at least on the LX 12/36). I just calculated $225 (w/o tax) using a 22950 msrp model and 57% 13082 residual. Invoice approx 21067 - 1250 (dlr cash) + 595 (acq). The most recent price increase bumped msrp to 23070 but it's only $1 more or $226.

Maybe the NE has more dealer cash?

How did you calculate these?
  • blurry_imageblurry_image Member Posts: 25
    Wow, you must have used some jedi mind tricks or something. Congrats.

I just got the LX yesterday in south Jersey for:

211 down, no first payment, 35 payments of 211 after that. Includes everything - taxes, tags, ect.

They were acting like their heads were going to explode with the deal they were giving me saying they were basing everything off of an invoice price of 18, 698

I was pushing for 209 a month for 35 months (first month free) with 0 down but had to settle with what I mentioned above.

If you got the SE for 210 and NOTHING down then you are my hero and I am jealous! :)
    gpsac,

The LX Auto deal is based on MSRP of $23,070.00, cap. cost of $20,146.76(rebate included) and money factor of 0.00065.

I got this quote from Weymouth Honda in MA. I got another dealer to beat a similar quote on EX Man by $3 a month - got my Accord on Friday.
  • tampa1312tampa1312 Member Posts: 6
    Leased Accord SE for my 16 year old son. With Sign and drive deal, zero down $225 including tax. First payment by Honda, so total 35 payments of $211 + tax = $225. Lease end buy back value of $14079. Worked this deal through internet sales staff. Was out of dealership in 2 hrs. with 20 minute test drive. Dealership also gave me a nice gift for being the last customer of the month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    That is a great deal.. good job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 4629
    There must have been some additional incentive on the SE model the past few days. There was a thread on slickdeals.net yesterday with close to 300 posts alone on the SE lease deal. Some Ohio dealer posted an outrageous deal with 2200 down and 109/month for the 36 month, 12k deal. I could not get the numbers to work out despite trying most of the day.

http://slickdeals.net/f/4299776-2012-Honda-Accord-SE-109-Month-1500-Down-36-mont- hs?
    yeah.. that dealer is in Ohio, not too far from me...

Don't see how they do it, either, but agree with you.... must have been some special incentives on that model..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gva244gva244 Member Posts: 1
    2012 v6 ex l, is that deal national? I was just quoted 366 a month for an ex, no leather.
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    edited May 2012
    I just helped my mom get into a new accord se lease. The deal was:
    price 21100
    msrp 25450
    residual .57 = 14507 at end of lease
    36 mo
    12k mi/yr
    rate .00065
    total out of pocket 2824
    monthly payment 174 inc. indiana tax
    What do you think was this a good deal?? :confuse: This was at a Louisville KY area dealer.

To clarify, they gave me the lease worksheet. I had to leave before they completed the paperwork so my mom signed w/o me there. The lease worksheet included a taxes amount of 1628, but I thought the only tax was paid on the monthly payment? I asked them about that and they said that is just like a placeholder or something. The only fee on the worksheet was a doc fee of 368, but I thought Honda charged ~600 lease fee too. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • sdicesdice Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

First time leasee here with questions on how to get a good deal in Minneapolis.

I'm a 24 year old young professional with a solid 763 credit score, $20k in investments and $12k liquid, renting a house for $800/mo. I'm disappointed with the used car market here so I'm resorting to leasing a Honda Accord, preferably an EX or EX-L.

My company may move me in 18-24 months, at which point I would receive a company car. For now, I'd like to enter a 24 month lease. I undertand 36 is most common, but I can't commit long term due to the probable move.

What do you recommend I seek for lease terms? I do not intend to purchase the vehicle, but like all of you, I'd like a low monthly payment with 0 down and little interest.

Help a first time leasee please? Much appreciated in advance!
    Since your intentions are clear that you are not going to buy the car then I would recommend to negotiate with the dealer just on the lease payments. Do not put any money down. Dealer can play different games and adjust your payment to the lowest possible amount. :shades:
  • sdicesdice Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice Tampa.

I ended up haggling with 7 dealers and got one down to a 24 month lease @ $288/month on a 2012 Honda Accord SE (zero down, tax, title and registration included - 23 total payments)

I was pretty happy with it, as no other dealer could seem to match it.

Thoughts?
  • zmirzazmirza Member Posts: 1
    I just leased an EX-L 4cyl w/o navi with $2k down, $236.51 a month for 35 months with 15k miles a year. I am in Houston and this deal includes tax, tags, everything out the door. Did I do ok?
  • shimimshimim Member Posts: 1
    Hi tampa1312,

I am a first time leasee and want to get a deal like similar to yours.
    Any chance you can upload some papers - of course you can mark-out the personal details.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Shimi
    Negotiated price = 20600
    Tag & Title = 390
    Dealer fee = 599
    Dealer Loyalty Discount = -300 (I have no idea what it is)
    Down Payment = 1000 (Paid by dealer... on paper)
    Final sale price = 20289
    lease acquisition fee = 595
    Adjusted capitalized cost = 20884

msrp 25450 - 750 free residualized value = 24700
    residual .57 = 14079 at end of lease
    36 mo
    12k mi/yr
    rate .00065
    monthly payment 211 + 6.5% tax
    First Payment by Honda.
    This car has dealer installed appearance package of $995. (Pinstripes accent, wheel lock, window tint, paint protection etc.)
    I am not sure, but Honda seems to be discounting Accords heavily. I have dealerships around me posting deals for base LX Auto at 17.3k plus tax. Call other dealerships further away and see what they'll quote you.
  • mikeh333mikeh333 Member Posts: 3
    Trying to figure out what deals are going down for the Accord this May.

My GF just leased one and it seems she got screwed over royally. Dealer told her her credit was @ 739, she traded in a car they were going to give her $3K for after payoff and she left with a Accord Special Edition Badge with 12k/miles/year and a $300 month payment for 36 months. I haven't seen the paperwork yet but after a bit of arguing (she wanted to do this on her own) she already told me that she asked for 15k/miles and is now wondering why she only has 12. She might be a bait and switch victim, I'll get to see the papers tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have this month's current Honda lease deals for this car?
    edited May 2012
    not sure of the details but this local dealer has posted a similar deal to last month's (April)
    http://www.vosshonda.com/specials/new.htm

The zero down 12k miles/year payment is 189 (pre-tax) for 35 payments (Honda pays 1st month)

Additional info on the special SE lease can be found here:
    http://slickdeals.net/f/4299776-2012-Honda-Accord-SE-109-Month-1500-Down-36-mont- - hs?

just found this:
    http://media.dealerfire.com/websites/480/weeklyads/Honda-Specials---37770.pdf
    I've been hawking these types of deals for the last couple of days. I know it's dealership specific so it might be difficult to re-negotiate the contract based on a post sale assertion of an advertisement from another dealer. Unfortunately, New York doesn't have a cooling off period, but bait and switch is illegal.

I think a $300 a month lease for a Honda SE with a trade in valuing $3k in equity for a person who has a tier 1 credit rating is insane. I am an attorney and will probably bring an action against them if they refuse to lower her payment based on a bait and switch, but I really need to see all of the paperwork to figure out how exactly they screwed her over.
    Well.. being an attorney, all you are spending is your time... but, I really see that as wasted..

Car deals are all negotiations.. A bad deal is just a bad deal.. You are closing the barn door after the cow has already departed..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My time is my stock. A general deceptive business practice in New York is punishable with treble damages and attorney's fees. Sometimes a bad deal is just a bad deal, but sometimes a bad deal is a deceptive business practice.
  • gofishgofish Member Posts: 24
    Talk about coincidence... I live in the Dayton area and had just discovered the 0 down 189/mo deal for the SE. Then saw this post with the slickdeals posted info in addition. I believe I will sign and drive within the next couple days, but was also considering a 2 year Malibu lease since I have GM Card $$ only usable there as well as Citibank Driver's edge $$ that I can rebate after any deal. Because I want to negotiate for higher miles (15K/yr - Honda prices that cheaper) and the Accord SE has the leather and heated seats which my wife wants (her car), I think Honda wins out among a few other reasons.

Here is what I have on the "due at signing" deal:

12K/yr - 2455.80 all inclusive, then 119+tax for 35 months
    15K/yr - 2455.80, then 138.68+tax for 35 months

Looks like the extra miles are being offered to me really cheap; less than the 10 cents I was quoted elsewhere. I'll post in the next couple days if all is well and I pull the trigger.
  • marie99marie99 Member Posts: 21
    I leased an Accord LX for $0 down, $149 a month - 36 months, 12000 mls.
    Gross Cap. cost - 17939 . Residual - 13149.90. Could not pass it up. This has been offered at the end of the last few months on in stock LX Accords. The dealership is Hamilton Honda, NJ. if anyone is interested. Like my knew Accord. I will like it more when I add back and seat supports as the stock seats are very poorly designed. I knew this when I leased but it wasn't a deal breaker. My last Accord also needed seat enhancements, mainly a seat wedge. The 2012 needs a wedge plus a complete back support. The front seats are designed to have you hunch over instead of supporting your lumbar and upper back.
    REF: 4648
    Could you post the MSRP and the selling price for your deal. I assume the 595 acq fee is included in the 17939 but want to be sure. That would mean they sold the car at approximately 17344 which is quite low. Was this deal done on 30 April?
    Looks like I'm leasing an SE for 36 months and 15K miles/yr for $1500 at signing followed by 35 payments of $166+tax. I will post details after the official transaction following delivery of the incoming vehicle from Honda. It's due to be manufactured this week.

BTW, Malibu lease couldn't touch this deal and the sister Chevy dealer to this Honda dealer said exactly as much. A purchase of an LT with a package that stickers the same as the Accord SE would have been more than competitive, but GM has the handcuffs on leases.
  • tolgactolgac Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone got/being offered a similar deal in DC Metro area ? with 2-3K down around $150 month 12K 3yrs lease ??

Amazing deals in OH
    The MSRP - $23070.00. Total out of pocket was $1672.99 including first month. [ Bank Acq., taxes, doc fee and tags all included.] Then $149 for 35 months. Also, free oil changes, car washes, loaner cars. I think this was a great deal so I wanted to let others know about it. I leased it on April 27th. It seems that this dealership offers this lease the last few days of the month. Hamilton Honda - Central New Jersey. Only for 2012 Accord LX's in stock. They go pretty fast.
    I made a mistake - $1645.10 total out of pocket [taxes, title, reg., doc fees, bank acq.] then $149 for 36 months. $7009 in total for 36 months for an LX. Purchase option at end for $13149. Was this a good deal?
    REF: 4653
    I believe you got a very good deal. Two caveats:
    1. HFS should make your first payment (April promo; now expired)
    2. Doc fee in NJ is completely negotiable. What did they charge you for that?

http://blog.truecar.com/2011/07/26/which-additional-fees-should-i-pay-at-the-dea- lership-what-is-the-doc-fee/
    edited May 2012
    Anybody got under $150 lease deal in DC/MD/VA around 3K total out of pocket ? IF so; can you advise which dealer ?
    Yes, I did get the first month rebate. Doc fee was $249. Nothing in this deal was negotiable. When this lease is advertised, you have to go the next day and claim a vehicle, as they go quickly. You can tell who is there for the Accord LX lease deal... very frugal looking customers.
    ref: 4656
    nothing wrong with being frugal. in fact, more Americans need to watch their finances as closely as some of us. Look at forums like slickdeals dot net and fatwallet dot com if you really want to see frugal customers.

Enjoy your new car!
  • jerseyguy79jerseyguy79 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Hamilton honda is now advertising $179 no money down for 12k/36 months. Total payments 6444, residual 14334 and msrp 23070. The offer is until 05/14. Is this a good offer to take or there is a place for negotiation to get it down to $149 that you got?
    Hi,
    The deal that I got was at the end April, in fact , the last weekend. At the end of March, they offered the same deal. I do not know if at the end of May, the deal will be once again offered. If you are not in a hurray, you might want to wait. Look at my previous posts to see the lease that I have. My total for the 36 months including taxes, doc fees, registration, tags.. everything is $7009.00. Make sure you have the total price so that you can compare. When they offer their end of the month deal, they won't negotiate. People snatch the LX's up.
  • jerseyguy79jerseyguy79 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you! I will wait to see if they put the deal back at the end of the month. Congratulations on your new car!
    Thanks, Good Luck! Start checking May 25th on. Look on the Hamilton Honda website under promos or specials. You can also email them to see if they will have a lease deal at the end of the month on in stock LX's. If you are ready, go as soon as the deal is on so that you have first choice.
  • thebigtuna79thebigtuna79 Member Posts: 18
    I leased my wife a 2012 Accord LX back in January of this year. We pretty much got the same deal on a 2012 Accord LX Base at Hamilton Honda (36 months 12K). Total out of pocket was around $1750.00 (Bank Fee, 1st month, NY Taxes, $249 Doc fee and NYS DMV) 35 remaining payments of $159.00

Noone in the tri state area could match this price. Not one single Honda dealer in NYC, LI, nor northern NJ. They didnt have a Taffeta White one in stock at the time (which we wanted) but ending up getting our 2nd choice which was Celestial Blue/Black Interior. Great car for the money. Def recommend them.
    I guess I should give it try again at the end of the month again...
  • thebigtuna79thebigtuna79 Member Posts: 18
    Contact their Internet dept (email) and you will either speak
    To Phil Florentino or another young lady and negotiate
    Over email. I have to say Hamilton Honda is a good dealership.
    Plus they give you free lifetime car washes and oil changes. I'll never
    Use that because I live 100 miles away. I drove that far from ny
    To get the deal.

Keep in mind the reason why the accord is leasing
    So well right now is because it's the model year end and also
    End of the current generation. A redesigned accord is coming
    Out in sept.
    It looks like Hamilton Honda has many Accord Lx's at this time. The end of the month will be Memorial Day weekend as well. They probably will have their best lease deal going. I was told that the reason their leases are so low is because they are new and they are trying to build dealership loyalty. Also, like someone mentioned, the redesigned Accord will be out for 2013. I've had my Accord for a little over 2 weeks and I am very happy with it and my lease deal. I will write my full Edmund's review soon.
  • landofandlandofand Member Posts: 19
    i tried calling them today and they said they are sold out of the SE (even though I see 7 on their website. they also said they will not sell to anyone outside of Ohio because they are selling to many??? so if so, why are they still advertising it. should anyone contact the state attorney general?
    I think this dealership - Matt Castrucci Honda is a scam and should be put out of business
  • bdewittbdewitt Member Posts: 13
    This deal is being offered to my mom who falls under the "Standard" credit tier.

2012 Accord SE white/tan
    36 months/36k miles

100% sign and drive lease... NOTHING due at lease signing
    35 remaning payments of 285 including taxes (State is PA: 9% tax for leases).

They are also including a set of all weather mats. They say they have NO room left. PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!!! We are scheduled for delivery at noon tomorrow!!!
    Not sure how "standard" credit tier affects residual % nor money factor. In any case, that deal is way too high for the SE model. $240 max per month.
    Why did you agree to delivery if the price was so high?
    edited May 2012
    Picked up my wife's leased 2012 Accord SE just this afternoon. Gray with black leather. Voss Honda in Tipp City, OH (very pleased with this dealership). Here is my data for a 36 month 15K miles/yr lease:

MSRP: 24,820
    "Selling Price": 19,600

I paid 1,500 at signing which included:
    - 921.92 Capital Cost Reduction
    - 250.00 "dealer fee" (add to price - you pay sales tax on it!!!!)
    - 82.03 sales tax on these first two
    - 178.30 first monthly payment
    - 67.75 title/registration/tag fees

35 payments to follow at 178.30 (includes capitalized tax and acquisition fees of 419.28 and 595.00).

Residual value is 14,063.50

I've never leased, but this was a good deal as leases go so I took it. I evaluated my decision by considering the lease like financing for three years with a balloon payment. With leasing of course I have the option to walk away without hassle not having paid sales tax on the full value, and to be under full warranty for 36/45ths of the miles and still under powertrain warranty for the balance. It was hard to consider buying this time around.
    edited May 2012
    REF: 4670
    Excellent detailed write-up; best i've seen in a while.
    Not much you can do about the optional $250 doc fee; all the Ohio dealers stick in in somehow (pun). Nonetheless, your excellent selling price of 19600 makes up for that. Total lease cost of $7740 is a great deal for a 15k per year lease. Did you price it at 12k per year?
    Enjoy!
    edited May 2012
    Since all the ads are typically for 12K or less, yes I was initially drawn to one that was both advertised here in Dayton, OH locally and further detailed by either yourself or another poster here at Edmunds for a 12K lease. That would have been the zero at signing, then $189/month+taxes+doc fee for an SE with 12K. I understood Honda would charge .15 per mile over for an under $30K MSRP vehicle, but would instead charge .10 per mile if paid up front. After all was said and done, one could look at the deal I received as one where I was sold the miles for only .06-.07 per mile for the extra 3K miles per year. Since my wife averages about 14K and I figured we'd initially use the car one a couple of summer trips, I wanted to sign for 15K.

Consumers really need to read these forums as this has always been my best place for real-life/real-time info. Forget all the "estimates" of what constitutes a good deal; instead see what informed consumers are able to negotiate and look for the patterns and/or unknown incentives manufacturers and dealers are willing to play.

I really believe going new versus used is a better deal in the long run, IF one strikes when the deal is available and not when the need is pressing. For example, in late May 2009 I purchased a Pontiac Vibe. MSRP was 20,350, but ... GM was going to bankruptcy, Pontiac was eliminated, and many small-town dealerships were thrown under the bus. I bought at a dealership that was liquidating, used numerous rebates/incentives, had $3000 in GM card "points", and nearly $1000 in Citi Driver's edge. Before Tax/Tags/Title I essentially had a price of about 11,850.

Thanks to folks like yourself and others who post here I was able to lease for the very first time and get a good deal although I was a novice in this arena.

Thanks to all.
    ... oh yeah, the $250 doc fee.

IMO, this is yet another government "good intention" that has backfired. When Ohio made $250 a "MAXIMUM" doc fee, there were dealers out there charging more. However, many were less. In May 2009 I was charged $150 for a doc fee; in Sep 2004, $75. I just think dealer associations decided, "if the Gov is going to dictate a maximum, then lets band together and call it $250 for all transactions".

So, like others here have pointed out, in advance of negotiating, decide upon your target price, but then deduct $250 (or allow whatever you wish them to receive) for your "real target". This way you can avoid the frustration and have won the psychological sales game despite letting them think they did. Again, you will pay sales tax on this "service" which should tell you something because in Ohio, one typically doesn't pay sales tax on services (e.g., HVAC technician working on your home heating system).
  • bball233223bball233223 Member Posts: 9
    Hi - I took delivery a few days ago on a 2012 Honda Accord EX- L and would appreaciate it if I could get some feedback on how well I did for myself. Here are the details:

I'm a NY resident and so is the dealership.
    Lease terms are 36 months, 12k miles per year through honda financial
    Car is black on black, auto, leather, xm radio, etc
    $600xx due at signing for 1st month, new plates and small doc fee ($75)

35 remaining payments of $325.

Just curious if I was ripped off or got a great deal. Thanks!!
    ref: 4674
    Need more details like MSRP, sell price, sales tax rate, misc fees, residual %, money factor, etc. You can't just post a final o-t-d figure and expect an answer to that question.

it still baffles me why people post a deal AFTER it has been done and ask how they did...
This discussion has been closed.