Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello matthattan1587. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may be able to get a dealer to "help you" get out of your current lease, but dealers don't have any magic way to make your lease disappear. Having the dealer that you get your new SUV from help you get out of your current deal will likely hamper your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings scooterv6. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    I'm glad that you enjoy this discussion so much, friarfunk. While it is difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentive programs, I personally doubt that Honda will bring back the special money factors that it was providing on Accord Coupes a couple of months ago. There are exceptions to every rule, but usually when an automaker drops its lease support on a car or truck it's gone for good. I am familiar with the $289 per month advertised lease on the '06 Accord Coupe EX-L. This lease uses Honda Finance's standard lease program and the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on Accord Coupes to reduce its capitalized cost.

I can't say what the lowest possible lease payment is for this car off of the top of my head, so lets do some calculations and see what we come up with. A base 2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 4-cylinder has an MSRP of $25,600 and a dealer invoice price of $23,107. Let' say that you were able to get a thin deal of $300 over invoice on this car. Once the $1,000 dealer cash is taken out, that puts the cap cost at around $22,407. Using these prices and Honda Finance's standard lease program I estimate that this car's 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $317, assuming that you pay a security deposit at lease signing and qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier. Unfortunately, as you can see I don't think that you are going to be able to get the $269 per month payment that you are targeting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for your response, Car_man. I have the dealer at almost exactly what you used for the cap cost, as we're sitting at $22,445 now (switched dealerships to Landmark Honda in Alexandria). They've got a silly "appearance package," but at least it's one that includes floormats and splash guards rather than "super gloss" and security systems, and they're still $300 under the closest competition. Tax on the car in Virginia comes out to $718, about $20 a month, which sits it at $337. Using the Edmunds lease calculator, MF of .0027 (with $350 security deposit), and residual of .57, I came up with $357. I assume that your price doesn't include the $935 or so in acquisition fee (lame!)/processing fee/tags, and when I divide that out and fold that in to your number, we come around right at the same place. I'm reasonably happy with that price, especially as it looks like I'm going to sell my trade-in myself for well over twice what the dealer offered me. I'm going in to discuss lease options sometime in the next day or two.

Here's a question about money down. Obviously the prevailing attitude is "avoid it, invest in something that appreciates instead." But what I've noticed is that the dealerships seem to be giving a small benefit for the more money down beyond the roughly $28/month it should shave for every $1000 you put down. The difference between every $1000 is closer to $31 or $32. Do you know why this is, and does something like this--getting about $150 off your total lease payments for every $1000 you spend upfront--justify putting money down? Or is it still a disaster waiting to happen?
  • waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    Can anyone verify? I was told that the money can only be used on purchases.
    Thanks.
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    Car_man, my situation's changed a bit. Went back to Brown since they had a Sapphire Blue coupe, which is what I wanted. They matched everything the other dealer would do. Yet, using the .0028 MF and .57 residual on MSRP $25,600 and price of $22,445 with no money down, they came up with $372/month. Adding the security deposit, they came to $368/month. Why the discrepancy from the $357-$361 range we were working in?

Interestingly enough, that $289 per month lease worked out perfectly. With a total payment of $3251.41 at the outset, covering absolutely all fees/taxes/etc., the lease would be $289.20/month.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I've also heard this to be the case from a friend in the biz.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• duvbearduvbear Member Posts: 2
    CarMan
    Do you have any idea what the new lease deal is for Accord SE Auto Sedan after July 5? I would like to construct a reasonable deal when I approach a dealer next week.
    Thanks.
  • tbuongertbuonger Member Posts: 7
    Help....Looking at a 2-year lease for a 06 Accord EX-L w/nav Sedan. Dealer in Northern VA is offering dealer invoice, 65% residual, 3K down, $345/mo, and the best credit financing. Does this sound like a good deal? Thanks for your guidance and help!
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    Only lease program on 4 Cyl LX...are the V6's moving that quickly that Honda is not continuing a program?

Hard to believe based on 07 Camry and 06 Sonatas dominating roads (or so it seems).
  • caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    Anyone recently leased an Accord coupe (EX-L) in the D/FW area?

I would appreciate any details and possibly a dealership recommendation.
  • briana43briana43 Member Posts: 1
    The lease on my 2003 Accord Sedan EX-V6 is over on Aug. 1. The car is in excellent condition, well-maintained with 27,000 miles driven. My lease payments for 3 years totalled $13.080.24. The purchase option is $15,404.80.
    Is the purchase option negotiable? or Should I go for a new Accord?
  • rcbinmanrcbinman Member Posts: 1
    I've never leased and am going back to the dealer tomorrow to negotiate a lease. I started yesterday, but told the salesman that I wanted to do some research first so that I can make an informed decision. Here's what he offered on the first go-around.....

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-V6 automatic w/navigation
    MSRP $29300
    COST $28,xxx (I can't remember the exact # he told me)
    INVOICE $26,385 (according to Edmunds)
    $3,700 DOWN (includes tax, 1st payment, etc.)
    $303 + Tax for months

Is this a good deal? Does putting less down and making the payment higher come out to the same end out-of-pocket cost?

Thanks in advance!
  • hartthartt Member Posts: 79
    It looks like this is the month. I will be returning my Pilot the first week in August and would like to have another vehicle before then. There are several vehicles I am interested in so I will be posting questions on the boards of the vehicles I am looking at.
    I would like to know the MF and residual on a lease for an '06 Accord EX V6 for 3 years with 15,000 miles a year.
    Thanks for your help Car_man.

Tim
  • tbuongertbuonger Member Posts: 7
    Something to consider- The remodeled accord comes out in 08...probably be available in 07. they'll probably sell at a premimum...06/07's will be a better buy, but won't hold their value as much as a 08....
  • aljodoro1aljodoro1 Member Posts: 2
    A close associate leased a 2006 Accord 60 days ago for his wife. Unfortunately she passed away two weeks ago. He does not need the car now and would like to get rid of it as he just doesn't need it. It has about 750 miles and a lease though Honda? What are his options and generally what is the least expensive solution to getting out of a lease?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    talk to honda (not the dealer, but to corporate). They may sympathize and help him out.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• austinaccord1austinaccord1 Member Posts: 6
    I just leased a 2006 Accord EX V4 AT for $0 down and $225+tax for 36 months with 12K miles/year. The dealer even made the first payment for me which included title/registration,etc fees. Before I leased it, I asked other dealers if they could beat that...they didn't believe me and called me a liar instead. They said they couldn't afford to do that. How is my dealership able to do that?
  • jrjones1990jrjones1990 Member Posts: 2
    Do you mind me asking where you found this deal? Hoping your screen name "austin" means you are in Austin, TX LOL (I'm in San Antonio)

Thanks!
  • caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    What dealership did you purchase from?

Can you provide more details about your transaction? (i.e. money factor, sales price, etc.)
  • jrjones1990jrjones1990 Member Posts: 2
    Never mind, I just saw one of your earlier posts that says So. Cal

Congrats on your great purchase!
  • yhariyhari Member Posts: 30
    CarMan,

Based on these numbers .. with paying title, tags, security deposit and 1st month's payment out of pocket and adding the 595 acquistion fee to the cap cost. I am coming up with a base payment of 289.32 .. which with NC tax comes out to $298 even. Does this look correct to you?

Thanks
    YH
  • yhariyhari Member Posts: 30
    Sorry .. the other post did not carryover .. for a 2006 Honda EX V6 Auto without Naviagation.

MSRP - Accord V6 27850
    Out the door price 25387
    Months 36
    Money Factor 0.00079
    residual value 0.58
    Lease Payment $289.32
    Tax Rate 0.03
    Total Payment $298.00
  • chipc1chipc1 Member Posts: 9
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal for a 2 year lease on a 2006 Honda Accord LX. It has 45 miles on it.

3200 down at signing
    99 + tax/ month for 24 mo
    Option to purchase at $14,107.50

Here's the breakdown:
    Gross Capitalized 18158.52
    Cap Cost reduction 2978
    Adj Cap Cost 15180
    Res Value 14107

Thanks
  • ics88ics88 Member Posts: 9
    Hi CarMan,

What is the current money factor and residual value on a 06 Accord 4dr, EX-L, auto? 15K/yr, 36 month lease

I got quoted $21,7xx plus TT&L. Is this a good deal? They didn't ask if I was leasing or buying. Does it matter?

Thanks.
  • cmengcmeng Member Posts: 26
    A daughter needs to buy a vehicle - Maybe this week. Nothing to trade in.

The I-4 Honda Accord LX would be a pretty good choice from the standpoint of suitability for her. MSRP is $21,375 and the Cap Cost is $18,052 with a final purchase option of $12,183.
    A link to the Honda description of the promo is:
    HONDA DEAL

I'm sure many here have looked at the $1,999 cash payment and $199 a month for 3 years deal. I know that I'll have some taxes to pay on top of the $199 a month - OK with that. Wondering if I should expect to get one for less than the $1,999 up front. Any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.
  • factorcofactorco Member Posts: 3
    What was the millage level on this deal?

Do you know if Honda is still offering this?

factorco
  • kmoskmos Member Posts: 5
    The Lease special is below. Ends on 07/31
    Carman, Does this sound like a good deal?

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2006 Accord Sedan 4-cylinder LX Automatic Transmission (Model CM5646EW) for $199.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,005.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $1,999.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. Through July 31, 2006, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corporation. Closed end lease for 2006 Accord Sedan 4-cylinder LX with Automatic Transmission models (Model #CM5646EW). For well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $21,375.00 (includes destination) less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in actual net capitalized cost $18,052.58. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance are extra. Total monthly payments $7,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end is $12,183.75. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15/mi. over 12,000miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • mrcheap666mrcheap666 Member Posts: 7
    Here's the Lease I got yesterday, in Houston, TX. I have provided my lease numbers and noted supplemental lease info where I was able to obtain it.

24 mths / 15k miles a year: $359.08/mnth
    - based upon the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier (TransUnion score 720+)
    - Money Factor: 0.00129, no security deposit (0.00119 with $900 security deposit)
    --- **note this MF is also good for 36-mth leases
    - Residual: 65% (was quoted 57% for 36mth/15k miles per year)
    - Acquisition Fee: $595.00 (capitalized)
    - Cash required at signing: $541.13 (includes first payment $359.08 and $182.05 add. fees listed below)

Car pricing info:
    (sale price could have been $18559, with 0.00395 MF, lease payment was $411.81)
    Accord LX 4 dr Auto, no options:
    MSRP: $21,375
    Sale Price: $19,409 ($100 over invoice)
    State Sales Tax: $1,213.06 (6.25%)
    Gap Insurance: $151.21 (capitalized)
    Dealer's Inv. Tax: $50.19 (capitalized)
    Total Additional Fees $182.05 (not capitalized)
    - Full Serv. Deputy Fee: $5.00
    - Dealer Doc. Fee: $50.00
    - Road/Bridge Fee: $11.50
    - Vehicle Insp Fee: $21.75
    - License: $60.80
    - Title: $33.00
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    mrcheap666,

The $900 security deposit requirment seems extraordinarily excessive. Usually, fund providers will round the monthly payment to the next whole $25 or $50. Also, your Gap insurance is on the high side. Gap coverage, as a rule of thumb, should cost no more than 0.1% of the MSRP annually. I structured the following lease proposal for a friend in Ohio and the dealer accepted.

Base MSRP 2006 Accord Sedan 4-cylinder
    LX Auto w/o PZEV CM5646EW.... 21,375.00

Negotiated Selling Price.............. 18,034.27

1st Month’s Payment.................. 245.00
    Security Deposit......................... 250.00
    Acquisition Fee.......................... 595.00

Gross Capitalized Cost............... 19,124.27
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost........... 19,124.27

Residual Factor.......................... 0.57

Residual Value.......................... 12,183.75

Money Factor.............................. 0.00119

Monthly Lease Payment................ 230.05

Term (months)............................... 36

Sales Tax Rate............................... 6.50%

Monthly Payment incl. Sales Tax..... 245.00

Total Up Front Costs....................... 185.65

The up front costs covered title/registration/plates and dealer doc. fee.

There is a problem with the wording in Honda's national Ads. The Ad states...

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2006 Accord Sedan 4-cylinder LX Automatic Transmission (Model CM5646EW) for $199.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,005.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $1,999.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. Through July 31, 2006, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corporation. Closed end lease for 2006 Accord Sedan 4-cylinder LX with Automatic Transmission models (Model #CM5646EW). For well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $21,375.00 (includes destination) less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in actual net capitalized cost $18,052.58. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance are extra. Total monthly payments $7,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end is $12,183.75. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mi. over 12,000miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20¢/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.

The problem is the underlined part that says that the suggested dealership contribution determines the $18,052.58 sell price. In other words, this EXCLUDES CUSTOMER CAP REDUCTION. Therefore, the $18,052.58 is the sell price. I spoke with two AHFC reps; one was sympathetic while the other said that the wording is "problematic". I pointed out to the dealer that "Net capitalized cost" is no longer a term recognized by Reg. M which is the reg. that governs consumer retail leases. After some discussion, the dealer agreed.
  • biggerdaddynjbiggerdaddynj Member Posts: 17
    Looking for some help in NJ. I am interested in leasing an Accord (sedan) EX V(w/o NAV) for 36 mos/12K miles. I've received two comparable quotes: $299/mos (tax included) with $1,400 out of pocket (one dealer offered to split my last lease payment). What does everyone think? Can I do better?? Should I sit tight until next month (my lease ends on 8/23)? Or should I extend my lease and wait even longer (Acura is very flexible w/extensions!!!).

Thanks!!!!
    Wow, great deal. Just curious, how did you arrive at the sale price and how did you persuade the dealer to accept it? I'd like to know the technique for my next purchase. Also, I appreciate the tip about gap insurance. I should have done a little more research about it first.
    I created a lease program on a TI-83 graphics calculator. It does it all and will roll in payments, security deposit,admin fees. etc. It also has the flexibility to use either a money factor or an interest rate. It even deducts reserves from the sell price in case I'm quoted an interest rate or money factor that captures reserves. The output is very similar to what I provided in post #595.

I started with the $18,052 in the Ad which I new was below invoice and, possibly, below cost as well. I rolled all the up front costs into the lease. The program automatically prompts me for the security deposit. I looked at the payment and rounded up to the next whole $25 as I wanted to roll the security into the lease. Then the program shows the final payment. I have the flexibility to amend the payment. I rounded it down so that my payment was an even dollar ($245) amount. Because the payment was rounded down, the $18,052 sell price was adjusted downward to $18,034. In Ohio, taxes are levied against the total payments (i.e., term x lease payment x sales tax rate). However, the program will compute tax on just the payment stream for those states that deploy that methodology.

I essentially used the Ad's wording as a bargaining tool. The dealer agreed after a somewhat lengthy discussion (35 minutes) concerning the wording in Honda's Ad.

I routinely prepare a one page lease proposal similar to post #595 and email or FAX it to the dealer. There are only two ways to respond: YES or NO. It saves alot of time. When dealing with dealers, one must (A) Always be in control and (B) Be very firm and disciplined.

Don't worry... you did okay. I'm glad you didn't pay that $900 security deposit because that seems bogus to me. However, the cost of money differential between 0.00119 w/security and 0.00129 w/o security seems to be a high price to pay for the privilege of foregoing the security deposit.
    Please see my posts #595 and #598.
    great info...i don't feel too badly about my deal, but i realize that i could have saved myself about $1500 in monthly payments. i'm considering this a learning experience (albeit an expensive one) and hope that others reading our posts will gain some knowledge, as well.

final questions: when faxing in your proposal, do you address it to anyone in particular? when talking to the dealership about your proposal, is there a particular person that you feel is the right "decision-maker" to spend your time with or who won't be wasting your time? Obviously you spent a good deal of time (35 minutes) discussing the semantics of the wording in Honda's Ad - i have a hard time imagining a salesman being qualified to make this decision.

Thanks again for your posts. I got a lot out of them and hope others will too.
    Excellent question! I sent the proposal to the Dealship's general sales manager. At first, he was not convinced. After some explanation, though, he was very agreeable and a delight to work with. I might also say that the person's family for whom I was negotiating the lease has been and continues to be a very good customer of the dealership. So, I'm sure that helped as well.

It's always a good idea to FAX/email the proposal to a decision maker; otherwise, you're spinning your wheels.

Thanks for your comments. I'm always eager to learn as well as help.
  • vaulter95vaulter95 Member Posts: 5
    Carman...I've seen other people on the thread that have leased Accord EX-V6 Sedans in July and are stating .00079 MF and 58% residual. (36mo/36k)

The dealer is quoting me .00119 and 57%. What gives? And I've seen you telling people to request the 'buy rate' MF but the dealer provided me a sheet from AHFC showing the Super Preferred rate of .00119 and said it is what it is and there wasn't anything better he could do. Is this legit?
    Please explain this to me. :confuse:

Thanks
    vaulter95,

The 0.00119 and 57% applies to the Accord LX for sure. I don't know about the EX trimline. In fact, I don't believe Honda is running a lease promo on the EX and so I'm not sure where the 0.00079 is coming from.

You can check the AHFC website...

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/planning/frm_spec_offers.asp
    Thanks...I'm sure the MF applies to all Accord Sedans(not coupes) with different residuals for EX/LX/Nav, but I had seen other posts on this site in early July quoting the .00079 and 58%. Maybe that was just carryover from June deals.?.?
    Could be; although I'm not sure about that either. I didn't pay much attention to the EX Lease numbers. The Accord MF in June was 0.00169 with a 59% residual factor. The 0.00079, comparatively speaking, is very low. However, there seems to be greater demand for the LX than for the EX and so it could very well be that the EX MF was that low in order to compensate for the relatively weaker demand.
    My comments were based upon the HOST of this thread, Carman. He provided information on July 3rd that the EX-V6 Sedan MF was .00079 and a 58% residual. I was hoping he would chime in to clear it up.?
    Woops. Sorry. Hope you get it resolved.
    No problem, I just wanted to see what they were posting about as it doesn't match what you or I have seen.

Thanks though.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    I recently started my own business and I'm trying to decide whether it's better to lease or purchase a new car (Accord) for company use. Initially, I was going to lease. However, my accountant is advising me to purchase the car instead.

There are several reasons he's advising me of this.

1. I don't know how many miles I'll be driving, although I've been averaging 17,000/yr. for the past 5 years.

2. He's worried about additional fees at the end of the lease. Apparently he was clipped pretty bad for seemingly insignificant damage on his own lease.

3. With a purchase you have a business asset.

4. Apparently, when you buy a car for business use you can toggle back and forth between writing off actual expenses or writing off mileage. With a lease, whichever method you use the first year must be followed in subsequent years.

5. You can always sell the car if needed. Leases are more difficult to get out of.

Does anyone have any advice on this subject?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I think your accountant gives good advice...

1) If you aren't sure, then don't lease...over-mileage charges can be onerous..

2) Not likely, if you are within the mileage limits and take care of your car..

3) True.. but, to what advantage?.. I'll defer to your accountant on this, but most small businesses prefer to not tie up capital.

4) Again, I'll defer to your accountant.

5) True.. and True...

It is hard to screw up a straight purchase.. Leasing can be advantageous under many circumstances, but when it is a bad deal, it can be a very bad deal..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi wayde. Honda's dealer cash incentives are not normally compatible with its special lease money factors. This is the case with the $750 that you mentioned. Honda does have a special lease cash incentive on select Accord models this month though. Specifically, it is providing $500 lease cash on 2006 Accord LX and Hybrid models that can be used to reduce the capitalized costs of leased vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi duvbear. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Honda Accord Sedan SE through Honda Finance between July 5th and July 31st for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00210 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tbuonger. Dealer invoice is a good price for this car. I cannot give you my opinion of he lease payment that you were quoted without knowing its exact MSRP and selling price though. Let me know and I will double check the lease payment that you were quoted for you to make sure that it is in line with what it should cost to lease this car through Honda Finance right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi pacinpelo. Honda has lease support on V6 models as well. It probably just wasn't advertising a sample lease payment on V6 models when you checked. I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you have about this car's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi briana43. If you like your Accord and are considering purchasing it at the end of your lease, you definitely should place a call to Honda Finance (or whichever bank you are leasing your car through) to see if they would be willing to negotiate its lease end purchase price. There is no guarantee that they will be willing to work with you, more often than not banks won't, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.