Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    The dealership was matching our payment on our 2010 EXL-RES that we traded. When we leased our 2010 Odyssey, the dealership gave us $1k in equity on the 2007 Odyssey we traded in so we used the equity to lower the cap cost.
    Check out this link. Someone shared this a few weeks ago in the Pilot forum. Not sure of your location but it gives you an idea of what you can get.
    http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/?&ltax=6.0&lmileage=15&code=RL5H6CJXW
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    So, who was your dealer and where are they located? Did you get that deal?
  • voltayre74voltayre74 Member Posts: 3
    I negotiated the price of a 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/o NAV and RES for $31.4k

too bad they accepted my offer on a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L NAV for $34k
  • oddy2012oddy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,
    can you please provide the lease offer/details for Oct, I'm looking at getting a 2102 Ody EX-L (no res or nav) with 36 month 12K miles. Also pls list all the fees that I should watch out for. I'm in the SF bay area.

thx
  • tcon1776tcon1776 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hello Car_Man, would appreciate some insight. Contacted dealer because we were going to go over the miles on our current Odyssey EXL and would be paying ~$750-$1000 in penalty. He offered to take us out of current lease, 4 months left, at no penalty and start new lease on 2012 Odyssey EXL (no res/nav) at $329/month 3k down for 12k miles or $338/mo 3k down for 15k miles. This is better than deal we previously had but not sure if we can do even better. Thoughts? Thank you
  • jonathannycjonathannyc Member Posts: 12
    it can be had. I negotiated my lease down to $366 A month 0 due at signing inclusive of all taxes and fees. 36mo/15k miles :) take it and run!
  • carlee2carlee2 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi, Which dealer did you get that deal? Is that on the 2012 EX-L (no nav/res)? Thanks. I got a quote for $369 + taxes + DMV fees (about $500). Is that a good deal? (I live in NYC metro area). It's for 36 mths/12K.
    the dealership was not local, but he is in the northeast, it does require a lot of work, traveling back and forth and waiting as well. we're picking up the van next weekend.
    i figured i'd post up my numbers.

i wrangled my Odyssey EX-L with 15k/36months 0 due at signing. taxes rolled into monthly payments as are the DMV fees.

total payment was $366/month however my Subaru Outback (2010) Premium needed to be traded in. they offered me 16,000 for it but I got $17,000.00 total payoff for the outback was $19,600. so i'd have to roll the negative equity into the lease (i didn't want to pay anything out of pocket)

brought my monthly payments up to $461 a month. with still 0 due at signing.

however notice the selling price of the Odyssey $30,900.00 :)

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi oddy2012. I believe that Honda's October lease program for the Odyssey is exactly the same as its September program was. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with 12,000 miles per year are .00032 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Make sure to watch out for the doc fee. It's really nothing more than a way for dealers to pad deals so you don't want it to be too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi tcon1776. Consumers who try to get out of leases early usually end up paying more for their new vehicle than if they were entering the transaction free and clear. How much more is the question in this instance since you will have to pay an excess mileage penalty anyhow. Can you tell me what selling price the dealer is charging you for your new Odyssey? That figure will make it much faster for me to evaluate your new deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • oddy2012oddy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man.....will post the details once I close on the deal.
  • hondanj1hondanj1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a new 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Navigation. I live in Northern NJ. I have a 2009 Acura MDX sport/ent + extras - fully paid at end of lease to throw into the mix as "equity" Thinking of cash down in region of $2,000.

I've been emailing internet dealerships and have visited in person various dealers and monthly lease quotes range from $306-$499. The person who seems to be the most upfront with all the details has sent me this quote:

Car sticker price: $37,855
    Sale price: $32,315 including destination

36 Months
    12,000 miles per year
    $369.42 per month including NJ Tax
    $2,500.00 total due at signing (Not a Penny more)
    Subject to top tier credit approval with American Honda Finance

Itemization of money due at signing:

1st month payment
    Dealer Document Fee $299.00
    NJ Tire Tax $7.50
    Estimated Motor Vehicle Registration $310.50
    Upfront Bank Acquisition fee $595.00
    Capitalized Cost Reduction (Money Down) $918.58

This Lease is thru American Honda Finance and here are the key advantages of leasing with American Honda and why Honda lease customers stay loyal to Honda:
    • $0.00 Disposition or Lease turn in Fee at the end of this lease
    • *$1,500 damage waiver at lease end *(Less than $500 a panel, not superceding $1,500 for entire car)
    • GAP Insurance is included in all American Honda leases at no charge to the lessee.

Please note that this quote is not inclusive of your current Acura MDX Sport with the ENT package, but we are interested in taking a look at it.

My questions is - Is there anything missing from this list that I should think about? I imagine when nailing down the deal there could be some discussion about the sale price, the cash down aspect and the appraisal value for my Acura - btu just want to know if there's anything else the dealer has omitted to mention and which I have omitted to ask about!

Thank you!
    You're welcome, oddy2012. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • gkuhlgkuhl Member Posts: 3
    i would be interested to know if this has any basis i n reality, as i talked to my dealer in southern NJ who seemed to think I was a lunatic.
    Hi gkuhl

I am in NJ too and looking for an EX-L with res or not. with Nav or not. What are your best deals? I have gotten $415 plus sales tax for base EX-L no zero out o pocket, sign and drive. This from from DCH in Paramus but they do not have the colors I want.
  • gkuhlgkuhl Member Posts: 3
    hi joenyc111

that's right in line with what I got. Maybe they'll be more motivated in a month or so
    edited October 2012
    I know but then this other poster is stating some really low numbers. I looked at the documents he posted and they do not mention anything about a trade in with negative equity as stated was the case. I am not sure how they will be posted on the documents so I can't tell.

Anyway, I am going on the 31st to dealers nearest my house and offer $380 including tax for a base EX-L (15k miles, 36 months, $0 payment sign and drive), and see if any of them will bite. I'll post the results here.
  • ogbuffguyogbuffguy Member Posts: 42
    Can anyone give me the MF and residual for a 2012 touring and touring elite for southern california?
  • hondanj1hondanj1 Member Posts: 3
    I bought black EX-L 2012 w/navi on Saturday.

Gross cap $31,341.57 ($29,946.12 + destination 830 + taxes paid upfront 800)
    res: 189864
    Depreciation: 11,656.97
    rent charge: 587.71
    monthly:340.13

$NIL down
    Traded in 2009 Acura MDX sport/ent immaculate condition for $3000 which covered all fees, tax, docs, title, bank acquisition

I got the best deal in northern Nj this year I should think!

I spent 4 solid days in dealerships working numbers, emails, phones and - withstood some heavy pressure from different guys but talked my way into an amazing deal. You need to buy the 2012 now whilst there's still a dealer incentive out there - and not care about the colour - it's black or white now with a few greys ones still to be had! Be persistent, be knowledgeable and get lucky.
  • tweety6583tweety6583 Member Posts: 15
    Has anyone ever done a one-pay lease. I am considering it as the value of my trade in is equal to a 36 month, 45k miles one pay lease. I could just sign a normal "monthly" lease and take cash for my trade, but i lose the sales tax benefit. Any thoughts on a single upfront payment lease.
  • oddy10705oddy10705 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. Would you mind telling which dealer. I'm looking for an exl if I can get the same price range with navi that be great! Thanks
  • jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    Just got a pretty good deal here in Mass. $299/ month + sales tax = $318. per month incl tax for 3 years 12k miles. Up front was dealer doc fee (299) + 595 acquisition + 100 Ma registration (transfer) + 1st month payment (318). This was a 2012 EX-L msrp 35,855 no extras no nav or res. Dealer also bought out my 2010 Odyssey lease for full payoff amount, which was more generous than competing dealers offered.
    Hi ogbuffguy. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00032 and 48%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers are exactly the same, other than the price of course, for the Touring Elite model.

When negotiating your deal on the '12 Odyssey, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Which dealer did u go to. Id love to get a deal like that!
    Went to try to lease 2012 exl no nav/res. was quoted for 30650. Lease price was 32,000 n change...
    The charges were: bank fee-800. Delivery fees-810. Admin fee 179. Tax 750. Dmv plus plates ~250.
    My question is are these real charges for lease price everyone gets in ny area? That's around 2500 out of pocket with nothing down on lease. If I can get better deal with nav I would rather buy at this point...
  • jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    Those fees don't make much sense. The delivery is $830, not $810, and Honda Finance bank fee is $595. Don't do a lease on this car that is not a Honda Finance lease. I would try another dealer. Most in eastern Mass. will do the lease equivalent to a sales price of about $30,100, including delivery (aka Destination). I would definitely try a few more dealerships and ask for a clear breakdown of all upfront fees - then you should be able to figure which are for real for taxes, dmv etc.. Admin fees vary slightly by dealer. If no trade is involved, you should be able to complete all negotiations over email
  • djm123djm123 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I was looking for a 2012 or 2013 Odyssey EX-L with Navi but seems like all the 2012's in the color I want are gone here in the bay area. I have received a quote for 2013 Odyssey EX-L with Navi for around $34, 900 (not including taxes and fees), is this a good deal?
  • bostondude001bostondude001 Member Posts: 20
    Can you disclose who the dealer is. Is it Weymouth Honda?

Thanks
  • jaser_bjaser_b Member Posts: 7
    I'm thinking of biting on the 0 down lease rates for a 2012 Odyssey EX or LX in zip 84062 region. Honda is advertising $310 for the LX or $340 for the EX with 0 out of pocket, 35 payments total.

I'd like to have the residual and lease factor in my pocket as ammunition at the dealer. What are those numbers for this special lease? Is it still possible to negotiate the cap cost down from there?

Thanks,
    Jason
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Your best bet is to negotiate the selling price first and then ask them to price the lease based on that negotiated price. Often times, this results in savings from the published lease specials.
  • sharkfightersharkfighter Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have the November lease rates and residuals for a 2012 and 13 EX-L with RES?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Nissan Quest or Honda Odyssey, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone have the lease rate (MF) and residual for a 2013 Touring Elite (3 yrs or 4 yrs with 10K mile /yr) ? Also, any idea what the monthly payment will be with minimum drive off?

thanks
    Hi sharkfighter. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey EX-L with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00013 and 49%.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the '12 EX-L right now, but nothing on the '13 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zhecks. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I would be happy to use this program to work up a payment on this van for you if you provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. You can find the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeffnajeffna Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    What lease would be beneficial with the least amount of money?
    2012 or 2013?

I'm looking for a ExL

BTW, I love this website and forum!
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Car_man,

MSRP should be $44,755 including destination charges. Sell Price should be around $41,000 including destination charges. can you give me the monthly payment with $2K drive off. Also, is there a significant difference between a 3 year and 4 year lease (monthly payment).

thanks...Zhecks
  • voodooistvoodooist Member Posts: 10
    Family is growing, about to add twins to the family. Time to bite the bullet and go mini van.

Need some advice for purchase/lease in So Cal (San Diego to be exact). Would really pref the EX-L but appears the financing is better on the remaining 2012 EX models. Found one that we like, but not sure what the better option is. 0.9 finance for 60 months sounds attractive, but am I really better off just leasing for 36 months? Was quoted $28789 for an EX, $760 drive off $361.39 for 36 months @12K per year. $17225 residual. Is this an OK deal, or can I push for better? Just very few of the '12's left.

If we can't get one of the remaining '12's, What should we shoot for on a '13 EX or EX-L?

Received a different quote on a '13 EX-L of 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L Model and this price is $33,495.00 which includes the Destination and Handling Cost 12k miles a year for 36 months with $1,750.00 out of pocket investment and a monthly payment of $381.17 with a Residual at the end of $19,775.00 for the 12k mile Lease.

Planning to make a decision very soon, any help and advice is greatly appreciated!!!!
  • docmridocmri Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man,
    Helping a friend lease a car.
    Can you provide me with the lease rates (RV and MF buy rates ) for 36/12 for 2013 and 2012 Honda Ex-L for December?
    Also, does Honda have any specials promos going?

As always, with much gratitude to you!
    Thanks very much!
    I'm glad that you like it jeffna :shades: . With the lower money factor and $1,750 dealer cash is is much cheaper to lease a 2012 than a 2013 Odyssey EX-L right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information zhecks. Using the lease program information that I mentioned earlier and these prices, I come up a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $546.

Don't bother with a 48-month lease...it's much worse.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on the soon to arrive little ones, voodooist. You would be able to get a much better deal on a 2012 Odyssey than on 2013 Odyssey at this point. Focus on the leftover '12 models if you can find any out there.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly docmri. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00155 and 55%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 dealer cash that is currently available on the 2012 model. There is no dealer cash on the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    I was looking for the residual and money factor for a 2013 Touring Model for 12K miles per year. Are the residuals the same for all the different trim levels or is it favorable to go for something like an EX or EX-L because of a favorable residual or money factor? I would really like a touring or touring elite, but if they give incentives to move an EX or EX-L I would be willing to move that way. Thanks in advance.
  • kssod1kssod1 Member Posts: 50
    15k per year, what are the residual and MF
  • dkotdkot Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to trade 2010 odyssey lease for a 2012. Have 4 payments left on 2010. Heard honda finance was giving some type of incentive for this. Any idea. Also curious on deals folks are getting on 2012, 15,000 miles, sign and drive or thereabout ex or ex-l. thanks.
  • agjake01agjake01 Member Posts: 6
    Received a quote for a 2013 EX-L / RES for $32,063 plus TTL/Fees. Total OTD is $35,430. Is this a good deal? Looking to lease for 36mo/12k miles, can you provide a monthly payment before TTL/Fees and then one with them rolled in? Thanks so much!!!

Jake
    Maryland
  • khanir2000khanir2000 Member Posts: 2
    Ok here what I received from open road honda. I leased 2012 Honda odyssey touring $480/month and $1000 down out the door and I returned my previous lease 2010 Honda odyssey leather,DVD and navigation and still had 3 payment left and dealer also paid my last 3 payment. Excellent sales people and ask Stanley or Jamal.
  • alukinalukin Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi - We are totally new to this leasing thing so I want to be sure I understand this...There doesn't appear to be many 2012 Elite's left that are desirable colors (like black) so we are kind of forced to look at a 2013, which offers no current incentive. That said, we don't want to put any money down (but can put down $1,000 if we need to) and would like to pay ~$400 per month (I know, maybe I'm asking for a lot but I figure I could negotiate down the purchase the price). Let's assume, I negotiate the sales price down to $31,000 (I believe the 2013 incentives will become available around the Auto show timeframe in Chicago - mid Feb). If I go with a 55% residual and .00155 money factor, 12,000 miles/yr - 36 months, plus title/registration ($643.00) and with a $2,328 trade in, the monthly payment comes to $453. Is this correct? And what about sales tax - we live in Chicago - does this also need to be figured in somewhere??

Would we be able to do 39 months?? Wonder if that helps?

We were just in a dealership the other day and if we took a 2012 brownish color floor model (out the door price at $38K with incentives and trade in) and put $9,000 down, the lease price would be $479 - doesn't appear to be a great deal considering how much we have to put down.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
This discussion has been closed.