Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• sic_em_bearssic_em_bears Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up our 2012 Pilot EX. Couldn't have gone smoother. I even sprung a trade on them at the last minute. We were a little upside down on the trade ($800). Final sales price was $26,500. With taxes (in texas you have to pay tax on the full sales price), acquisition fee and our negative equity the adjusted cap cost was $31,175. Residual value was 59% and .00056 money factor. monthly payment of 367.58. paid first month at signing and was out the door.

This was our first car buying experience in about 5 years, and i can't stress enough...do your comparison shopping via email, and don't negotiate the trade until after the sales price is finalized. it helped keep things clearer once the numbers started coming fast and furious.
  • lildan0607lildan0607 Member Posts: 8
    Seems pretty fair, 2WD is cheaper there for taxes cheaper 2WD can make your payment a lot lower than a 4WD! Try and see the price on the EX-L 2WD might be just a tad more u will be surprised and it has a lot more features in it could be just a diff of 20 more a month GL
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    @SIC EM BEARS, what dealership gave you that deal? I am looking for a 12 Pilot EX too.
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    $26,500 is an AWESOME price for an EX. Thats more of a LX price. You gotta please tell us what dealership you went too. What was included in the "protection" package since the Pilot comes with mudflaps and tint.
  • sic_em_bearssic_em_bears Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    bankston honda. are you talking about the 'value package'...that included cup guards, door edge film and rear bumper film (prevents scratches) and dent/ding repair for the life of the lease (paintless dent repair).
    If bankstaon can't do that, i just got a call from honda of burleson that they would have matched the price, but i'd already bought.
  • scottbandscottband Member Posts: 10
    To Darkfudge07 - what dealership did you lease your 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD for $410 from? I live in NJ and am returning a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD in excellent condition and am looking for the exact same vehicle.

Thanks, Scott
  • jingi1jingi1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Guys,

I got the following quote from one of the dealer in NJ for Pilot 2012 EXL for 380 + Tax ($1100.00 down).

is this a good deal? I also have 2012 EXL with RES (DVD) for $20.00 more. I just need your opinion about these ....good deal or should I quote less?

Thanks for the advise.

Jack
  • mashkudmashkud Member Posts: 5
    Texas dealer offering pilot touring 2wd for 525 per month for 35 months with 525 first month payment. with Honda care? what else should I ask like final price etc.?
  • queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    Without knowing the details (i.e. selling price, doc fees, registration) and whats included in the $1100 down payment, there's really no way of evaluating the deal. Since your in NJ, I'm assuming approx $500 in doc and registration fees, making the price of the vehicle about 33,300, which is pretty good. I'm also in NJ looking for EX-L, just need to find out more information about this $750 cash that dealers have. If this is true then I'm trying to shoot around $500 - 700 below invoice. Goodluck
    I'm not sure if your still on here but the reason insidecarbuy was able to get such a low payment is based on selling price and the trade in value of the trade. Where the dealer got you was in the selling price. They basically sold you the car for MSRP ($36,900) and then used your $3K equity against it to bring down your payment. A selling price around invoice ($33,500) would have gotten you a much lower payment with your $3K in equity.
  • scottbandscottband Member Posts: 10
    Will a Honda Dealer "residualize" add ons like Roof Rails and Lighted Running Boards? I'm going to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L but want to add these items. Unfortunately the 2012's don't come with roof rails anymore unless you get the Touring model. Most dealers want to charge me the full price for these items instead of "leasing" it. While they're spread my payments out over the life of the lease, it still means that I am purchasing the roof rails and running boards but leasing the car. Has anyone had any luck in actually leasing accessories like this? If yes, please provide specifics.

Thanks, Scott
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Residualizing accessories isn't up to the dealer. The manufacturer dictates those terms.. and, most don't allow it.

Your analysis is correct.... you are paying the entire price of those accessories over the lease term. I've always avoided accessories on leases, for that very reason..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2011
    Just completed the lease of an EX-L w/ RES with 15,000 mi/yr this week. Payment of $388/mo including NJ taxes. Added roof rails and running board. Only out of pocket was $745 for the roof rails and running board which we'll get installed next week. I did trade in my Pilot that was coming of lease and believe I received a fair value for the trade. The equity was applied to the lease. I think I did ok, only part I was unsure about was the added roof rails and running board. If I didn't add those, then it would have been 0 out of pocket. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
    Scottband,

I was in a similar situation where I wanted to add the roof rails and running boards. They did residualize the running board but not the roof rails. Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • dbchulidbchuli Member Posts: 2
    Carman - can you tell me the mf and residual for a 2012 Pilot 2wd Touring model? i've found posts showing the 4wd numbers but don't see anthing for 2wd....

thx.
  • raineerainee Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

It's me again! hope you can help with this new scenario...There are zero 2012 Honda Pilots EX-L 4x4 w/Nav or w/out available out here in Southern California..According to the dealers i've talked to, they're all being shipped up North. So, my options are possibly dealer trading for one but i'd be responsible for paying the transportation fee or wait for the 1 & only 4x4 that's currently in transport to SoCal. Only thing is it's a 2012 Pilot Touring model, with Res & Nav. I'm afraid that's going to be priced way out of my budget but I do have equity in my trade so maybe i can use that.
    Can you please let me know what the money factor, residual etc..is for 2012 Pilot Touring w/Res & Nav, 12k miles.
    Thank you again for all your help!
  • agillmanagillman Member Posts: 28
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide money factors and residuals in Southern California for the Pilot Touring 2WD with RES and Nav? I would like residicuals for both 12,000 and 15,000. Thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to dbchuli. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey rainee. I can see why there wouldn't be any 4WD Pilots in Southern California. There isn't a whole lot of snow there :).

Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring with RES, Navigation, and 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello agillman. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a Pilot Touring 2WD with RES, Navigation, and 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • agillmanagillman Member Posts: 28
    Thank you - much appreciated!
  • gt99speedgt99speed Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

Could you provide me with the money factor and residual values for a 36 month lease on a Pilot EX and EX-L in the Boston area? I know they generally do the residual values on 15,000 miles, but I need 20,000 per year. What is the per mile fee upfront if I go from 15k to 20k?

Thanks for the insight.
  • Car_noobCar_noob Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    I received a quote in NJ for $440 with $1,000 out of pocket for first month and fees with a 12,000 miles for a 2012 Pilot EX-L with rear entertainment system. Is this a fair deal? I have read thru a few posts and I read that some people are getting better offers. any advise is appreciated

In addition, I will be turning in my 09 pilot EX-l with 36,000 miles but the mile allowance for the lease was for 45,000... is this a bargaining chip for me? if so, how so? I hear that the dealer can buy the car from me instead of the bank? is this accurate? if so, if this theory effected by the fact that the car was in an accident (read ended)?

thank you in advance for time and advise!!
  • Car_noobCar_noob Member Posts: 5
    I received a quote in NJ for $440 with $1,000 out of pocket for first month and fees with a 12,000 miles for a 2012 Pilot EX-L with rear entertainment system. Is this a fair deal? I have read thru a few posts and I read that some people are getting better offers. any advise is appreciated

In addition, I will be turning in my 09 pilot EX-l with 36,000 miles but the mile allowance for the lease was for 45,000... is this a bargaining chip for me? if so, how so? I hear that the dealer can buy the car from me instead of the bank? is this accurate? if so, if this theory effected by the fact that the car was in an accident (read ended)?

thank you in advance for time and advise!!
    No problem agillman.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for, gt99speed. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an EX-L are AWD are .00056 and 55%.

At lease-end, Honda Finance charges $0.15 per mile for excess miles. It provides a discount from that for additional miles purchased at lease signing, but I don't know exactly how much.

Car_man
    Host
  • jddamato25jddamato25 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a pilot EX-L with RES with $1,200 out of pocket for $480 per month including taxes for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year. this included roof rack with cross bars, premium chrome running boards and moonroof deflector. Good deal?
  • ytandrsytandrs Member Posts: 3
    I'm considering the 36 & a 39 month lease on a Pilot (1k a month). Whats the current money factor for top tier credit for a 36 & and 39 month lease? Also how do the residuals calculate out? I'm looking at a EXL. I've been quoted 59% on a EX for 36 months by two dealers.
  • capilotcapilot Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Okay, found this site about a month and a half after I upgraded my lease on 11.13.11 from a 2010 Honda Odyssey LX to a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD in Southern CA (heard the 4WDs are hard to get in So Cal). When we leased the Odyssey a year and a half ago, we wanted a 4WD Pilot, but none were available. I think I did OK, might could have done better.

Maybe could have worked the equity in my Honda Odyssey to greater advantage, but here’s the numbers. One caveat: the dealer disclosed right before the papers were signed that the car was used—it had 78 miles on it—apparently had been sold to a guy who’d driven it off, but that the bank later said they wouldn’t finance, so the car had to be returned, so technically, the car was used, not new. Bottom line—so far, I love the car—but still want to see how we did deal-wise.

Old car: 2010 Honda Odyssey
    Leased new around April 2010 w/ 12,000 miles per annum allowance.
    Monthly payment of $ 395/mo.
    Paid at lease signing $ 1500.
    Turned in 11/13/11 w/ 10677 miles (could have had 17,000 w/ no charge).
    Agreed upon value: $ 22350
    Less pay off: 22873.88

New car: 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L without navigation and rear entertainment system.
    Agreed upon value of vehicle as equipped at lease signing: $ 34109.99
    + Outstanding prior credit or lease balance: $ 523.88
    + Acquisition fee: $ 595.00
    Gross capitalized cost: $ 35228.87

They gave me a $ 750 “good customer” credit (returning customer) and I paid $ 1000 on my credit card at lease signing.

My monthly payment for the Pilot is $ 434.66 ($ 399.69 lease payment; $ 34.97 monthly sales tax). 36 month lease.
    Hi ytandrs. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 39 months. Its special program is only available for up to 36 and the money factors jump significant for any terms longer than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • spinaltap27spinaltap27 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking to lease 2012 EX 4WD. Was quoted the following:
    purchase price - $31,132.63
    Money Factor - 0.00075
    Inception Fees - $1,927.14 (inclusive of tax, tag, registration in New Jersey)
    36 month, 12,000 miles at $367.25 per month

Based on some postings this seems too high but this is the best deal I've seen after speaking with 3 dealers. I have not provided credit score to dealer to the can't know what my credit rating is yet.

Is this insanely too high ?
  • cita122cita122 Member Posts: 3
    Would anyone share lease prices on honda pilot 2012 exl 4wd with 15k for 36mo that they received?Am looking to lease a 2012 honda pilot exl with 4wd 15k and 36mo in NY. Have had 2 Honda leases and have been ripped off well at least i think so. Am unsure as to what to look out for questions to ask etc.
  • thebigtuna79thebigtuna79 Member Posts: 18
    Looking to lease a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD in the NY/NJ tri-state area. Looking for a 36 month, 12K standard lease. So far, i've been quoted $345 a month with about $2,300 out of pocket (taxes, bank fee, 1st month and plates/registration) Does this look like a good deal?
    I feel this truck should be leasing in the low 300's with minimal out of pocket, no? The $2,300 out of pocket seems excessive..

Any Honda Cash or dealer incentives on the Pilot this month? The car has a good residual (59%) and decent money factor so I'm not sure why the leases are coming in so high.

Thanks in advance
  • whiplash13whiplash13 Member Posts: 13
    Just before Christmas we leased a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD on Long Island. It was a sign and drive lease with nothing due at signing other than first months payment. Our payment ended up being $379/month. However we did trade in our 2010 Pilot which was due to come off lease in June 2012. They bought out the entire lease as part of the deal.
    Thats alot for your reply. Do you mind sharing the dealership on LI ? I'm looking to be right around there as well. This truck should be around $330-340ish tax included a month with only bank and first. Plus they ate up the remaining 7 months of your lease which is great.
    Might i ask what dealership this was. I am looking to lease another pilot and am currently paying much more for a lesser model. Are there any tips you could give me etc about what to ask or avoid?
    May i ask the same question as to the dealership. I am looking to lease a 2012 pilot exl 15k for 36months and have only 2 months left on my current lease. I live in NY and long island would be an ideal location.

Thanks in advance.
  • whiplash13whiplash13 Member Posts: 13
    Sure. It was Atlantic Honda in West Islip. I know if you read around you will see bad reviews about their sales people but if you go there knowing what you want and how much you want to pay for it then you will be fine.
  • skd2skd2 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2009 Pilot 2WD Touring and have gotten a couple of calls from the dealer to turn it in and start a new lease with lower payments. I have discovered that my payoff is around 18K on the lease and the car is still worth $23K (this is what Carmax offered to pay for car after they inspected it). I did not know that I could build equity in a lease. Anyway, I am thinking of selling the car, paying off the lease, keeping the money - and then starting fresh with the dealer for a new car.

I would like to lease for 36 months at 15k miles/yr. What can I expect for money factor and residual on a 2WD Touring?

Thanks!
    Been making alot of calls/emails to several dealers in the tri-state area on a 36 month 12K lease for a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD and the best quote I've gotten so far is $389 (tax included) with only first month and NY DMV out of pocket (about $550).

This personally seems like a high number to me. Dealer quoted 58% residual and 0.00075 MF.

How does this compare to you guys? Will be making my rounds into the stealerships this weekend to try to get more aggressive pricing. I would ideally like to be around $350/$360ish with only first month and DMV.
  • spinaltap27spinaltap27 Member Posts: 2
    If you get anywhere near that price, please post the dealership, I'll be right behind you (we should negotiate a two-fer...LOL).

The best I was quoted thus far was 367 per month, but that was $1900 down... in central Jersey.
    LoLoL. This truck is becoming too expensive to lease ! I'm thinking about ditching the idea alltogether and looking into another vehicle. I mean, close to $400 a month for a HONDA? NOT. A buddy of mine is leasing a ML350 Diesel for $525 with only $1300 out of pocket. Sticker on that truck is over $60K. I cant fathom why a $33K MSRP truck is leasing close to $400. There must be no factory incentives on this truck or dealers are not looking to move them. I'm supposed to head out car shopping this weekend so I'm going to go all out guns and blazin.

Btw, that was Princeton Honda (Princeton, NJ) that offered me $389 (tax included) with only first month and DMV out of pocket. I cant post the name of the salesman, but hes the internet sales manager and his name starts with the letter "S". Sorry, but $389 is still too much for this truck. Some of the prices I see on here are outrageous. Let me know what you find any better deals.
  • jam25jam25 Member Posts: 1
    i just got quoted a 2012 honda pilot touring for 479 a month 2800 down + dmv
    Hi spinaltap27. The money factor that you were quoted is the best available for this truck, so the dealer is assuming that you qualify for Honda Finance's top credit tier.

As far as the selling price goes, the dealer invoice price for a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD is $30,633. The selling price that you were quoted is exactly $500 over invoice, which is a pretty good deal. This is probably about as good as it's going to get for a lease of this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi skd2. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mriomrio Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man! In the market for 2012 Pilot. Can you share with us Honda finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 mth lease. Ex-l awd nav 10k/year? Thank you!
    We live in long island ny
  • capilotcapilot Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man,
    why no reply to this inquiry? this has been up longer than others you've replied to and I tried to give a lot of details. Did I pay too much? CA Pilot
  • anthonyrrranthonyrrr Member Posts: 24
    I am looking to lease a pilot exl with the entertainment pkge. Good credit 12/36000 3000 dollars down includes first month tax title Reg all the b.s and. A little extra brings the payment to 350 a month. I'm returning a leased Feb that 15000 miles under lease and there buying it back with two payments left. Just looking for some feedback as far as price. Thanks
  • mindawgmindawg Member Posts: 2
    I was offered this today:

Internet Sale Price for 2012 Pilot Touring in 4WD- $36,532*
    - For 36 months, 12,000 miles per year with $2,000 down. Your lease payments with approved credit for a 2012 Honda Pilot Touring in 4WD would be $491 per month with the first month's lease payment due a signing. Total Out of Pocket due at lease signing would be $2,491. The Residual Value of the Pilot would be $22,064 and the Money Factor would be .00075.
  • t_ct_c Member Posts: 13
    It seems to me the lease specials are not that great right now. I'm curious if usually February has better specials.

I'm looking for a 2012 Pilot EX-L and I was quoted $0 down, 12k miles, for $425 a month.

I paid $370 a month for my 2011 Infinifi G37, so that number seems a little high to me.