Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mrio. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00075 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey capilot. Two reasons. First, I try to answer the posts that are addressed specifically to me first and let other helpful community members and owners of similar vehicles chime in on the rest. Second, I took the week between Christmas and New Years off and was not answering any posts then.

Let's take a look at your deal. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD is $32,124. The selling price that you were mentioned in your post is $34,109.99. That's around $2,000 over invoice. If I was in the market for a similar Pilot in a competitive market like Los Angeles, I personally would want a larger dealer discount than that. I'd be shooting for more like $1,000, or even better $500 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi t_c. Unfortunately, I suspect that Honda's current lease program will run through the end of February. It's difficult to say what its March program will be like at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more aggressive than the current program.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfariasdfarias Member Posts: 2
    I'm about 2 months shy of my lease expiration on a 2009 Pilot EX-L - looking for either the 2012 Pilot EX-L or going back to the Odyssey EX-L - what is a good lease rate for either of these and are there any recommendations for a dealer in the NYC area...
  • duffycougduffycoug Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2012
    I'm getting 36 month lease, 15K miles per year, running boards added, $1093 due at signing to cover tax, tags, first months payment, nothing else due at signing...and they are reimbursing me for the remaining two payments on my current lease ($842). $426/month.

Good deal, bad deal, just ok?

CAR_MAN??????
    Update, negotiated much better deal:

Same vehicle, same $1093 down, payment $412.00 per month and $1300 cash back to me at signing from the equity of the vehicle.

Anyone care to comment?
    Hey duffycoug. your second deal certainly looks better than your first one, but I suppose that goes without saying. Do you happen to know what selling price the dealer is charging you for this Pilot? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    I actually ended up getting:

2012 Pilot EX with running boards, 15K miles per year.

$1100 down, $1300 check back to me and $380.00 per month. That down included first month's payment, tax, tags, etc. 36 month lease. Still need the sale price??
  • mriomrio Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man!
    Back again- In the market for 2012 Pilot. Can you share with us Honda finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 mth lease for February. Ex-l awd nav 10k/year? Thank you!
    Do you think that March will have better terms?
    Car Man any info on feb/mar lease info would be great?
  • lenixofgulllenixofgull Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car man,

looking to get a honda pilot exl w/navi. i have been negotiating with the dealer( norcal) and the price and deal seems a bit strange and just wanted to run it by you.

1. trading in accord lease 8 months early, i have not yet gone over miles but will if i keep full term. they will take over payments for me and are charging me about 1200 for damage to car (bike rack, small ding, mild scratch on on leather seat)

2. the donw in 3,000.

3. they are asking 259 base before tax per month?

i know they are helping me out of a lease early but shouldnt the monthly be considerably less?

lenix
  • lenixofgulllenixofgull Member Posts: 2
    Car man

i meant 459 a month.

lenix
    Car man. Was looking to lease or buy soon. Can you provide any info on march lease info for exl nav 4wd???
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2012
    Hi, Car_man.

I'm interested in leasing either a 2012 Pilot EX-L or Touring for 36 months, 12K miles/year and would like to know the March money factor, residual rate, and any promotions, incentives, and dealer or customer cash available from Honda. Thanks!
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2012
    Hi, Car_man. Correction to my email above:

I'm interested in leasing either a 2012 Pilot EX-L 2WD or 4WD for 36 months, 12K miles/year and would like to know the March money factor, residual value, and any promotions, incentives, and dealer or customer cash available from Honda.

Thanks!
  • spotwiz61spotwiz61 Member Posts: 6
    $459mo is that for a EX-L 36 mo. 12k $0 Dn???? Thanks
    I was offered an EX-L 36 months with 15K miles, running boards, $1100 down but $1300 cash back(so net $200 back to me at signing) at $412 per month....I opted for the EX everything else the same for $380 per month. Hope that helps.
    Hi mrio. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00033 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I'm not sure if Honda Finance offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year on Honda division vehicles, but if it does its residuals for that allowance would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lenixofgull. It would be easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this truck's selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi infoseeker8. Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00033 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Pilot Touring 4WD are .00033 and 51%.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • on_the_cheapon_the_cheap Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2012
    hey carman, and community!

got an offer for a 2012 pilot ex-l 4wd, no NAV no RES, 15k/year,
    $449/mo (includes 6% tax) 36 months

this is in the midwest.

only 1st and reg due at signing.

selling price is 33,600 (without tax) - is this ok???

thanks!
  • spartacus6spartacus6 Member Posts: 2
    I think the dealer has the know how on the price for a lease.I went back to my original dealer and the salesman gave a price of 675.00 for 36 month and 12,000 miles. And that was bringing an 09 exl pilot 4x4 that I got there.
    So Idrove everywhere and the other dealers made better offers,until I found a dealer 80 miles away from home and he offered me a 2012 Touring for 429.00
    for 36 months and 12k a year and 850.00 at signing,and he paid for my old pilot.
    So if anybody is still in the market be aware.Do your homework and do not get emotional about the car,some other dealer will get you that new car for a good price.
  • spartacus6spartacus6 Member Posts: 2
    Keep looking,I just got a Touring 2012 for 429.00 36 months and 12k miles.
    Ipaid 850.00 at signing.
    Good luck.
  • gman1957gman1957 Member Posts: 64
    May I ask what dealership ?
  • fnwyfanfnwyfan Member Posts: 1
    I emailed a local honda dealer for a lease quote on a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD 12,000mi/yr for 36 months. The quote they gave me was:

$441.29 per month including tax with $758.79 down

This was the lowest quote that I received (I emailed 2 other dealers in the area and got quotes between $459 and $490 per month) I asked them the breakdown of this quote. They told me:

TOTAL PRICE - $34,728.49
    (includes fees of $758.79 for motor vehicle, documentation fee and 1st months payment)

MONEY FACTOR - 0.00033

RESIDUAL - 0.55

I haven't negotiated anything yet, could I possibly get them to come lower? Or maybe make the lease 15,000 mi/yr for no additional cost? This is my first lease so I am looking for all the advice I can get. Thanks!!
    Spartacus,
    Doesthe 429/month include everything. Taxes etc.?
    What does your sales slip say the car price was and how much can you buy it for at end of lease?
    What state and area was the purchase?
    That price sounds amazing!
    Thanks
  • spencersdspencersd Member Posts: 1
    Got this offer on the EX in San Diego. No bells or whistles.

Cap Cost: $28,470
    Money factor: .00033
    Residual value: $18,314.10
    Car Man
    Went to 2 local dealers this weekend looking for a 3 year 36k lease on pilot exl wNAV. Prices were pretty close to each other. Looking to roll all costs taxes etc in monthly price. Any lease/rebates expected in April on ex-l with Nav?
    Thanks
  • morgan5245morgan5245 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man. Could you please post April’s MF and residual for a 36-month lease for 2012 Pilot EX 4X4– with 12,000 miles a year? -Thanks
  • superdavec12superdavec12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man, same question with a different option. Can you give Honda's current money factor and residual value on a 36-month, 15,000/yr lease for the 4WD Touring model. Assuming top tier credit rate.
  • dtwpopdtwpop Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

May I ask what dealership?
  • someonesdadsomeonesdad Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    Have a sign and drive offer for a 4wd EXL (no extras) 448/mo including taxes. Price quoted with destination 33,070. .00033 money factor 55% residual. Opinions? It doesn't look like a terrific deal after seeing some of the other ones on this board, but it's not terribly far from where I wanted to be.
    Received an updated quote of 0 down $445/mo with roof racks. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Received an updated quote of 0 down $445/mo with roof racks. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. "

Heading in to sign off on this tonight. I'll post updates if anything changes at the sales table.
  • corissalaccorissalac Member Posts: 11
    2012 Pilot EX-L roof racks with cross bars, remote start, and dvd players installed in two rear headrests

Trading my lease (2010 Murano) payoff is $19200 KBB is about $23K

Don"t know the specific numbers (sales price, etc) off hand but I am being offered a lease of 12K / year 36 months
    $369 per month with absolutly no money out of pocket/down (not even 1st month)

They are also taking my Murano......is this deal ok? Supposed to go finalize tomorrow but need to be sure im not getting screwed!!!! Thanks so much
  • corissalaccorissalac Member Posts: 11
    Sorry forgot to add this is the 4wd model!
    Hi mrio. Unfortunately I don't believe that Honda is providing any cash incentives on the 2012 Pilot in April.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi morgan5245. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00033 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi superdavec12. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00033 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • slowmotiongenislowmotiongeni Member Posts: 2
    Offer of $32000 for the truck, $3500 for my trade, and $1000 down. 12k miles

$298 a month, they pay first month.

$19325 residual

Seem good?
  • ordonez121ordonez121 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased 2012 EX 4WD in NJ. 2200 total down at signing, 3 year 15k, $350/month includes tax. Residual 19000
  • akachyakachy Member Posts: 5
    Could you tell me Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are
    I certainly can akachy. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tellomastertellomaster Member Posts: 5
    I just leased a Pilot EX-L w/ Roof racks. I put 5K out of pocket, payment is $314 a month 36/12 with a residual of $19,200.
  • scottjessicascottjessica Member Posts: 1
    2012 pilot lx $30,307...$0 down....12,000 miles

389.00 per month
    17992.00 residual

Good deal?
  • jernicojernico Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you tell me Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are. Thank you for your help

Jeremy
    Sure Jeremy. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gk23gk23 Member Posts: 1
    I have purchased 2 Honda's within the last 3 years from the same dealership...Assuming excellent credit, what is the best lease payment I can get on a 2012 pilot touring, 2WD with 15K miles/yr?

I got a quote of 420/month but looking at some info it seems I should be paying about 400?

thanks gk
  • pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current MF and Residual on a 2012 Pilot EX 2WD for 36 months and 12k miles? I'm in Florida.

Thanks in advance!
    Sure pcantore. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Honda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on this truck.

Car_man
    Host