Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Hyundai Santa Fe. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• tray1tray1 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 Santa Fe with only 22,000 miles on it which is on a 5 yr. lease agreement. My clutch just gave out and the dealer I purchased it from closed 4 weeks after purchase. It had to be towed over 50 miles from my area to the next closest dealer for service. Of course, before even opening it up, they already are trying to assess the liability onto me. My mechanic looked at it before towing and warned me that they would do this. He advised that if it is clutch or transmission or any other power train problem, this should be covered under the 100,000 mile coverage. I already tried to contact customer service to no avail. In fact, the response was, "what do you want me to do?" Not very reassuring. Then the service mngr. tried to convince me to trade up and I waited another day before any action by my part. However, the service mngr. opened it up to diagnose anyway and found it not to be a defect in the clutch but rather the disc worn down to the rivets and the fly wheel may be damaged. I am looking at being liable for over $1400.00 and was told that the warranty on the clutch is only twelve months.
    Can you please clarify this problem and give me advise on how to make them take care of this under warranty. I know I have a fight on my hands but I need someone with expertise in my corner. Thanks.
    T Ray :cry:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    This discussion is mostly about pricing & establishing the lease deal. You might have better luck in one of these discussions:
    Hyundai Santa Fe: Problems & Solutions
    Warranty Claims Administration

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• colklinkcolklink Member Posts: 20
    Deal offered on 07 Santa Fe SE AWD; Deepwater Blue

MSRP: $26354
    Sale Price: $24,890 ($200 below invoice)
    Rate: .00126
    Residual: .48
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Rebate: $1800 (offered on lease only)
    Adjusted Residual: $12,649
    Money Down: $1000 (+ first mo. Payment)
    Monthly Payment: $367
    Terms: 36 mo/ 15K miles/year

Looking for advice, is this a good deal? Seems good to me considering if I buy out at end vehicle cost is still below MSRP. Thanks for any advice provided.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi colklink. $200 under dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives is a very good price for this truck. Furthermore, the money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this truck look about right to me. Since both of the main profit centers for dealers, the selling price and money factor, look good I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal if you like the truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • wannanewcarwannanewcar Member Posts: 5
    Forum members, can any of you tell me if this makes sense and is a viable solution that would work for me and allow me to not waste money in the process. I am thinking of leasing a 2007 Santa Fe - one of the main reasons is because I can do it without having to put any money down initially. The other reason is I can pay the monthlies without having to take out a bank note and also the monthlies will probably be lower as well. I drive enough each year where I could go anywhere between 15 - 18K miles per year. Would it make more sense to pay for additional miles up front just in case or take a chance and really see if I go that much past the allotted miles - where it would make sense at that point to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Has anyone ever experieinced something like this?
    This may sound crazy but I am trying to avoid having to take out a note right now and want the lower monthlies, but realize I may drive more than the alloted miles given to me. Any suggestions, experiences, or thoughts on how to approach this? How long to take the lease out for, etc..... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :confuse:
  • wannanewcarwannanewcar Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone please provide the lease numbers (mf & residual)
    on 2007 for 36 & 48 months w/ 15K miles per year
    - Sante Fe SE AWD: w/ touring and premium packages
    - Santa Fe Limited AWD: w/ touring and premium packages

Thanks very much in advance. I am thinking about going to the Hyundai Dealer ship in Manchester NH. AutoFair Hyundai.
    Thanks again.
    Hi wannanewcar. The highest mileage allowance that Hyundai Finance publishes residual values for is 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. In fact, many banks actually provide lessees with a refund for any miles over 15,000 that they purchase at lease signing if they do not use them. I am not sure if Hyundai Finance does this, but you can ask the F&I person at the dealership you are working with to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum

P.S. If you are trying to avoid entering an auto loan so that it does not show up on your credit report, keep in mind that leases do as well.
    Hey wannanewcar. Hyundai Finance is currently only providing support on 36 month leases of the 2007 Santa Fe. If you were to lease a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD through Hyundai Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00279 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD are .00283 and 55%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that Hyundai is currently providing on the '07 Santa Fe into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • doublehdoubleh Member Posts: 21
    where are you guys getting the $1500 lease cash from? don't see it on their website.
    Howdy,

I have begun getting pricing information from a few dealers in the area. They are all quoting 47% residual value, but the actual dollar amount is different. I though residual was calculated on the MSRP and not the selling price, but maybe I am wrong. For Example...If I have a selling price of $29,200 and a 47% residual rate how do I calculate the residual dollar amount? Are there any tricks I need to know about?

thanks!
    Howdy,

Could someone provide some guideance and/or resources on pros and cons of trading in my car or sellnig it privately and using the cash as down payment. I seem to remember taxes come in to play and depending on the vehicle it may be better trading it in. I live in Canada if that helps with the taxes.

Thanks
    I'm no professional, so take my input with a grain or barrel of salt.

I believe the residual is based on factors like length of lease and miles alloted per year. The more miles/year you add the lower the residual.

The $1500 lease incentive was not advertised. The internet manager I was dealing with brought it up and factored it in to the deal.

As far as selling/trading car: you'll likely get more $$ if you sell yourself. Not sure if how Canada laws and taxes work with selling a car. One thing to consider is not putting money down on a lease. Yes this will lower your payment, but it is lost money if something happens to the vehicle. If you do the calculations you'll find that you may be better off saving the money you would have used to lower the cap cost and applying it towards your payment each month.

Just my input.
    i like that idea on not putting the money down. is there any resources that you could point me to so that i could understand that scenerio a little better?
    I wished I would have save all my links and documentation, but I lost it all somehow. Edmunds has some good info on leasing in their Tips section. If you do a google search on "auto leasing" or something similar you'll proabably find a lot as well. There are instructions out there to manually calculate the figures which I found very helpful to understanding the total deal.

Real world scenario: My Santa Fe is my second lease I've ever done. The 1st was a G35 Coupe. I put about $3K down on the Coupe to get the payments where I wanted them. However, my family expanded and I transferred the lease after a year. So even though I saved $50/mo for that year, the $2400 was basically lost. Same thing if you total it. In a lease, the insurance will only pay what is owed on the car. Even if the value is greater, you don't get the difference.

This time I walked out the door with just the bare minimum out of pocket. Good luck with the process and hope this helps.
    Doubleh, the lease cash is not something that Hyundai advertises, but trust me it definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey doubleh. Vehicles' residual values are indeed based upon a percentage of their MSRPs including destination charges and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Perhaps the specific Santa Fe model that you are interested in contains some options that cannot be fully residualized, such as dealer installed options. This is one possible explanation for the difference in residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Doubleh, there's nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when you lease a new one. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles because consumers who make them risk losing them if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    thanks, but it's still not making sense because i told the dealers the samething. i told them exactely what i was looking for and they provided the same residual percentage, but different residual amounts. are they playing games?
  • theericharris1theericharris1 Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

We are looking at trading in our 2005 Santa Fe (3.5L) for a new 2007 Santa Fe Limited (MSRP $27,600). The new Santy is a huge improvement over our current one!

Anyways, I know a Santa Fe is probably not ideal to lease due to its horrible resale value, but I'm hoping the dealer can work some magic or Hyundai comes out with some good incentives.

Does anyone know where Hyundai Financial posts its money factor and residual numbers? I'd like to get this information before going to the dealer again.

We were quoted a $395 lease with $2,500 (or $440/month) down that included $550 refundable deposit, $550 acq. fee, $150 docs, and $1,500 in negative equity. We'll pull the trigger if we can get out the door with $0 down and $400 month, plus out of our 2005 Santa Fe which we still owe $19,100 on. We just don't want to own this car anymore and would rather get a better car for the same monthly payment for 3 years and then start over with nothing.

I see Hyundai has a $1000 rebate along with $500 loyalty cash. So this gives us $1500 off MSRP right away before negotiating.

Thanks!
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Santa fe Limited lease

Front wheel drive origination support $1,550 + 500 loyalty
    30 months money factor is .00111 39 mos .00147 42 mos .00157
    Residual 30 mos 57% 39 mos 47% 42 mos 45%

Four wheel drive has the same orig. support
    money factors 30 mos .00137 39 mos .00169 42 mos .00178
    Residual 30 mos 58% 39 mos 49% 42 mos 47%

Deduct 1% from residual for 15,000 mile leases.
  • wedge57wedge57 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan- I am looking for a 07 Santa Fe Limited, Pearl White 2 whl drive, with option 27 only. The MSRP is 30265 and the invoice including destination is 28733. What should my lease payment be for 30 months with zero down with strong credit. I have been having a hard time getting a straight answer from dealerships using the lease formula from this website. My projected lease payment is way under what the dealers are offering. I have been using a .0111 money factor and res value of 57%. I have also been factoring in a 1550 discount or rebate from Hyundai. Should I not be able to get this car for around invoice? Thanks in advance.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    Hi everyone,

Could someone please help me with the following lease question?

I am currently thinking about leasing an 07 Santa Fe Limited AWD, XM, with the ULTIMATE package.

A local dealer has the MSRP given as $32,450 for this combination, with a negotiated price of around $27,200. At this point, I have not told them of my intent to LEASE. Instead they currently think I would be buying/financing.

First question, is it reasonable to think that as I would be leasing (instead of buying) I could expect them to add the $1,000 "cash back" which I believe they had initially deducted from the total back into the above price... now making it $28,200?

Then, considering that Hyundai offers "$1,500 lease cash back" (assuming that this is still being offered?) that would bring the negotiated price back down to $26,700, in this case. Does that sound about right, or are my above assumptions wrong?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  • jasrichjasrich Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, this board is full of great info. Thanks to prior posters. I'm looking at trading in my Mazda Tribute for a 07 Santa Fe Limited and leasing for 30 mos through Hyundai finance. They're offering almost $12K for my trade which is pretty good and I'm thinking about putting the entire thing down on the new truck. I see what people are writing about not doing that b/c it would be lost if I wrecked the new truck, but my salesperson is reassuring me that terms of the Hyundai lease include gap coverage which covers the full replacement value of the truck if I were to wreck it so, according to him, I would be safe putting all of that $ down? Comments?

TIA.
    Not really,

Yes, the vehicle is insured with GAP coverage, but the insurance company will only pay whatever the remaining value is... be that $2,000, or $20,000 back to the leasing company if something bad happens to the car.

So, if you put 12K down for a leased car and something happens to it, the insurance will pay whatever value is still owed on the car, but you essentially lose your entire 12K deposit (the insurance company will reimburse the leasing company for the remaining value of the vehicle, but they WILL NOT reimburse you for any down payment monies that you paid up-front.

So you could look at it like this:

Scenario 1: You only put $1,000 down and the car is completely totalled or stolen. Insurance pays the leasing company for the remaining money owed on the vehicle and you would only have lost $1,000 in down deposit money when all's said and done.

Scenario 2: You put $12,000 down in order to get your monthly payments low, and then something bad happens to the car. Now you've just lost an extra $11,000 of your personal money, that you otherwise would not have.

This is why many on this site strongly advise against making and down payment on a lease that is larger than the minimum required (that is, if a down payment is even required, at all).

Hope these were good examples. Others here on this forum understand this topic much better than me, so hopefully if I forgot to mention something or got something wrong they'll pop in and correct me. :)
  • jasrichjasrich Member Posts: 2
    I'm feeling a little dense and like I'm missing the point, but if my insurance pays fair market value, and the leasing company's insurance pays the gap between that and the cost of replacing the lost or wrecked vehicle with a brand new one just like it, aren't I in the same position that I was in before (albeit, now rated with my insurance company) and I have all of the same options at lease end as I had before?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Your insurance won't replace the vehicle.. They will pay the bank for their interest in the vehicle. At that point, your lease is over. If the insurance payment is not enough to payoff the vehicle, then GAP insurance will pay the bank any shortage.

Any downpayment you make on a lease is not considered.. or reimbursed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi mrmister2000. The $1,000 customer cash that Hyundai is currently providing on the 2007 Santa Fe is not compatible with Hyundai Finance's special lease program. Even better though is the fact that Hyundai is providing a special $1,650 lease cash incentive on this truck that is. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your vehicle's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    My husband has talked to two dealerships. When all is said and done, the monthly payment will be about $455.00 per month for six years and with nothing down. He says it is about the residual. I don't see too many people talking about the amount of payment. Is this too high? It seems high to us. I think we are better off buying. Thanks for any help you can give.

I had to edit this because I forgot an important detail. We want a Santa Fe Limited FWD Premium-Silver Blue. They also told him the cargo cover has to be ordered from parts, but I know from reading the forums that this isn't necessarily true.
    Hi lv2drv,

$455/month times 60 months means total payments of $27,300... and they are asking this for a FWD (not an AWD?) having only the Premium package? That's ridiculous and I'd avoid those dealers like the plague. You should be able to get a much better offer than what they are giving you. There are people here on Edmunds who have purchased (not leased) AWD Limited's with the Ultimate package (a configuration costing several thousand $$ more than what you are looking for) and yet have paid less in the end than what those dealers are asking in total for your lease payments.

I'm just curious, but why would you want to lease for six years when the bumper-to-bumper warranty is only five years? I'm personally thinking about leasing an AWD Limited with the Ultimate Package (MSRP over $32,000) for 3 years and do not expect that I would have to pay any more than $350/month (taxes included) after a $1,500 down-payment. Perhaps the reason that your quoted monthly payments would be so high is because your lease term would be so long?
    Thanks for your reply. The lease term is so long because we intend to keep the vehicle a long time. We tend to run them in the ground. We did want to lease because we have to sell a motorcycle and our Intrepid to buy or lease. I told my husband we had to have the SF before we leave on a trip to Louisiana, which is about 750 miles from here. We leave in mid-April, so time is short. If we lease, there is no hurry to sell the other vehicles. But it sounds like leasing is a joke, at least around here (dealers in Iowa and Illinois). So, we'll see what happens. We are leaning heavily toward buying and we'll have to sell the vehicles more quickly.
    Mrmister2000, I am so sorry. I don't know where I got six years. My husband just told me it was for 30 months. My husband said they said the residual is too high.
    In that case, it looks like your total payments (before tax) over 30 months would be around $13,650?

I believe someone else on this forum recently purchased an AWD Limited with Premium Package for around $25,100. Since that price was for an AWD I hazard to guess the best price you could negotiate for a 2WD of the same would be maybe $24,000.

Now, since the actual MSRP of a 2WD Limited w/Premium is somewhere just shy of around $27,800 and the residual after 30 months is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 58%, that means the residual value would likely be around $16,124 if the above guesses held true.

So now we subtract $16,124 from a possible negotiated price of $24,000 (not the MSRP, from which the residual value was derived) and that means that over the course of 30 months the value of the truck that you could actually be expected to pay could be $7,876, which divided by 30 would be monthly payments of $263 before taxes.

This are just guesses and assumptions, but in any case I'm quite certain that you could probably do a LOT better than $455/month, even without a down-payment.

Does anyone else here agree/disagree? I tried to take my best guess, but other's inputs would certainly be appreciated. :)
  • dave_h2dave_h2 Member Posts: 100
    I am looking to lease an AWD Santa Fe in New York (Long Island specifically). Any info regarding local dealers that give quotes through the internet would be most appreciated.

Thanks
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    I have to concur. This seems very high. When you lease for this long, you are basically buying the vehicle as after 6 yrs, the residual value is only a few thousand dollars. Sounds like you are either getting ripped off big time or have around 10K in negative equity. If no neg equity, you should be able to buy this vehicle outright for 450/month-6yrs, if not less. Good luck.
  • monkey145monkey145 Member Posts: 6
    $263 seams too good of a deal. I don't think that is factoring any interest into the deal at all.
  • monkey145monkey145 Member Posts: 6
    I found a local dealer in WI that is offering its own employee pricing on any new 07 Sante Fe. Deal is invoice minus $100 bucks.
    I used the 30 month .00137 money factor, 58% residual MSRP 26515 (auto SE AWD) and negotiated price of 22926 +/-. Invoice minus $100 minus a $2000 lease rebate the local dealer said is available. using leaseguide.com as a guide I got $319 for 30 months with no down payment and $331 over 39 months.

do those numbers seem real world or comparable to anyone that has recently leased?
    Hi monkey145. Dealer invoice minus $100 minus the $2,000 lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 Santa Fe is a very good deal. The money factor that you were quoted looks great too. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jwendlerjwendler Member Posts: 4
    I went to Sansone AutoMall in Avenel in NJ and priced an SE FWD Santa Fe. Base model. The dealer started at 389 per month for 30 with 2,000 down. We told him too much. They went down to 299 per month for 39 months, same $2,000, but would not tell us the residual, money factor or anything. Is 299 for 39 months a decent deal or not.
    Hello all. Here's an update to my previous post... it seems that the current money factor on the lease of a 2007 Santa Fe Limited is now .00333, which is actually twice the amount that was quoted in this thread earlier. I think the money factor had previously been quoted as being only .00169, so either they have changed the leasing deals for the Limited, since that was posted here, or the original MF was way off to begin with.

Either way, last week after 3 hours in the dealership I walked away from what had otherwise been an excellent price on an AWD Limited with Ultimate package, as the difference in the Money Factor compared to what I had expected it to be based on what I had read earlier in this thread had added an extra $100/month to the lease payments over 30 months! And all that extra money just in extra interest!

I had driven the vehicle, "loved" the negotiated sales price, and was ready to sign the agreement, but there was no way in hell I was going to pay 8% interest on something I wouldn't even be owning and I can't afford to finance a vehicle that costs this much, even over 6 years.

It really stinks, because I had researched this vehicle for over two years now, long before it had ever been released to the public and I really do LOVE this vehicle. BUT, Hyundai has to offer some MUCH more competitive leasing deals on the SE and Limited if they want my business. As for me, I've now completely given up on getting a Santa Fe and I'm now looking at Honda cars and Nissan SUV's instead, since they generally seem to have much more agreeable leasing specials on a regular basis. I might even try to wait it out until September when the Nissan Rogue gets introduced and see if they have any special introductory leasing deals for it.

What a dissappointment. :(
    Yesterday I sent out requests via the “contact us” area of two Hyundai dealerships websites that are near to where I live in Nassau County - Long Island, NY. for a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (3.3L 6cyl). I am requesting no "optional" equipment, as all the standard features at this trim level seems to be all that I need.

In my message I wrote that I am not sure if I want to purchase or lease. My actual intention is to lease – my last three vehicles have all been leases (two Dodge Caravans on 36 month terms and the current Mazda MPV ES on a 48 month term). But everything I have read so far says you shouldn’t reveal your intention to lease *until you have firmly established the purchase price*. If this is no longer correct, I would be interested to hear that.

Dealer one came back with a simple quote: $24,114. This is a "special internet pricing quote" - which expires in 7 days and not valid after months end. I understand this is standard procedure.

Strictly based on the quoted number, that looks pretty good to me.

This site right here shows MSRP at $25,845 Invoice at $24,544 and "what others are paying" at $25,319.

However, the same pricing area of this site here also shows that there is an “Incentive & Rebate” of -$1,000. I’m sure the dealer has factored this in.

What can I expect if I lease?

I am getting the impression that Leasing a Santa Fe is not such a “good deal.” Is this true? Is leasing Santa Fe’s a less-than-optimal approach?

Any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated.
    OK, I've gotten further responses from my internet queries:

The dealer who quoted a purchase price of $24,114 now comes back with this lease quote:

Here's a lease quote on the 07 Santa Fe SE AWD, per your requirements.

$461/mo. for 30 months, with 1st payment and DMV out of pocket ($529). Everything else rolled into payments. 12,000 mile per year allowance, $0.20 per mile thereafter.

Yet the dealer who quoted a purchase price of $24,519 (a full $400 more) came back with these numbers for a lease:

A lease on an AWD Santa Fe SE with everything in the payment except 1st month and DMV fees is $434/month

When I asked about different term lengths, this was the follow-up response:

The lease on a Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD : 48 months 436; 60 months 387. These leases are with all in the payment and only coming up with 1st month and dmv.

My questions:

What is the current money factor out there now? In order to do my own calculations I need that bit of info. Also, what is the residual percentage?

Thanks for any help in this regard. :)
    Hi jwendler. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Santa Fe that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Dave. The $1,000 customer cash incentive that Hyundai is providing on the 2007 Santa Fe is not compatible with its special lease program, but an even better $2,000 lease cash incentive is. If I was interested in leasing an '07 Santa Fe, I would want a selling price of around $1,500 under invoice. It wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Hyundai Santa Fe: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Remember that the cash incentive on leases of this truck is double its normal customer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jak51jak51 Member Posts: 17
    What are the current incentives, money factor and residual on a 07 Santa Fe Limited FWD. I am looking at 36 mos and 12,000 miles/yr. My lease is up next month.

Thanks
  • haewallihaewalli Member Posts: 19
    thanks for all the info here, carman

is there any way to find out what the current money factor and residual rate is for the 07 Santa Fe SE AWD?

thnx :D
    ok, after meeting with a dealer this past saturday, i now have some new numbers

price: $25,552 (including $670 destination fee)
    minus special lease cash of $2,000 (tax calculated before, unfortunately)
    money factor: .00286 (6.86%, roughly)
    lease term: 42 months
    residual (45%) 12,035

monthly payment of $437.73

this is on a Santa Fe SE 4dr AWD w/xm (3.3L 6 cyl). no leather or moonroof. the standard SE model with XM radio.

how does this deal look?
  • lcdoslcdos Member Posts: 7
    I guess this is the lease question. I shopped around the Houston hyundai dealers, and was told that if do the ballon finance, there is $1000 extra rebate.

I have enough cash for the purchase, so could anybody shed some light please? Is there any catch in this balloon thing? What do I need to be careful about? I plan to pay it off asap. Just want to get extra rebate.

Thanks a lot!
    first off - and this is directed at lcdos - i've never done the 'baloon' thing (it was never an appealing option for me) - but if it is as you say - a way for you to not have to pay taxes twice - then i suppose its a good thing.

as for my ongoing negotiations - i've gotten this latest email from another dealer i am currently 'negotiating' with:

Ok. Yesterday the lease programs changed. I will outline them below. Pricing is still the same, the terms have changed.

These quotes are based on sign & drive(1st pmt and dmv out of pocket only).
    2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD

$495 x 24 months

$459 x 36 months

$432 x 48 months

The touring package is approximately $2600.00 more, therefore the pmt would increase by approximately $60.00 per month.

If there is any other information I could provide to you, please dont hesitate to ask. Thank you.

my first question would be - why would a lease program suddenly change on the 16th of the month? this sounds like BS to me. why would he feel compelled to do this?

otherwise, the numbers look similar to the ones given me by the previous dealer. i'll be doing a bit more 'face time' this Saturday with at least one dealer (possibly more) as the emails only go so far.

if anyone knows if there has been a sudden change in the 'lease program', i'd love to hear some confirmation of this.

thanks.

'wheels'
    Hi jak51. If you were to lease a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited FWD through Hyundai Finance right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year (I don't believe that it is offering a special 36 month lease program on this model right now), its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00288 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 lease cash that is currently available on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi haewalli. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this truck look about right to me. The lease cash incentive that you mentioned is correct as well. You mentioned this truck's selling price, which is a very important number, but you never mentioned what its MSRP is. The MSRP will help me to evaluate your deal by showing me how much of a discount you are being given. Let me know what this number is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.