Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Comments

• sharkyziffsharkyziff Member Posts: 15
    I ended up leasing a fully loaded Sonata Limited 2.0T.

MSRP $30,315
    36 Months
    15,000 Miles a year

1st payment down only
    $371.50 per month including tax (7%)

I also got 5 year/60,000 free maintenance AND i had them put on the 18" Hyper Silver wheels as new Sonata Limited 2.0T are now shipping with the 17" wheels from the factory.

My build date was May 6th, 2011. Had to go to three dealerships that had the color I wanted toi get this deal.

Good luck to all!
  • jrdafilapinojrdafilapino Member Posts: 5
    Alright guys there is a deal on the table and I want to jump on it as soon as I have some (hopefully) positive feedback!!! Please share your knowledge as I have no experience of leasing cars or just cars in general. Here it is:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE Turbo 2.0T WITH NAVIGATION AND SUNROOF

2,000 down TOTAL (include all taxes and fees)
    269 per month for 36 months
    2,000 + 1 months (269)= 2269 + 60 transferal of license plate... that brings me to around 2,300 for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T!!! MSRP is a little over 27,500

I personally think this is a great deal but like I said, I don't have any experience in these kind of things so please let me get some feedback. I want to get this car tomorrow morning but I am hesitant because I really would like some input from those with experience.

269 a month for 35 months with 2,300 down TOTAL for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T .. good deal. bad deal? Tell me what you think please!!!!!!
  • superrajrajsuperrajraj Member Posts: 4
    did you check the msrp on the hyundai website for your options?
    I got 1500 off my MSRP.
    also is the 269 include taxes?
    How many miles a year? for that price you should get 15K
    Does the car have leather?
    I just got a limited without nav for zero down and 321 a month without taxes (adds about 20 bucks)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi brian4001. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata GLS with 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 56%, respectively.

Hyundai is currently providing a small $250 cash incentive on leases of the '11 Sonata.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Sharkyziff, Hyundai Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata Limited Turbo with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    hey. the msrp on the website is 27,500 give or take a few hundred..
    the taxes are all covered in the 2260 TOTAL down payment, so im guessing the 269 a month doesnt include the taxes since it was already covered in my down payment .. it is 12k a year, and the interior is half leather, half cloth.. so what u think abt this deal ?
    should i just go for a hyundai sonata SE instead (with nav and sunroof)? how much can i expect to be offered for that with 2000 total down? i just realized that the extra horse power in the turbo will make my insurance go higher :(
  • jerryz27jerryz27 Member Posts: 4
    Sonata SE 2.0T With Nav & Sunroof, no leather.

This was a show car for the dealer and the it has 87 miles on it already. It had "The dealers Name" decals on the doors and windows ...Obviously I'm gonna have them remove it.

I am looking to lease it, What kind of deal should I expect?

0 Down Payment
    MSRP -@26995
    15k Miles

I am hoping to negotiate a
    Purchase Price of 25,000, expecting monthly payment of: $300.00
    Residual Value = .00056
    Money Factor = 56%

Are my RV & MF correct? Thank you in advance, this forum has been extremely insightful.
  • rcgellerrcgeller Member Posts: 66
    jrdafilapino,

This is a good lease. Your POM comes to 0.42, which is directly between the 0.40 (great lease) and 0.44 (good lease). I would be happy with your negotiation and pricing. It could not hurt to say you will sign the paperwork at $260/mo to give some better cushion, but overall I would say you are getting a good deal for your money.

Look back a few pages to really see the POM calculation in depth and see what others are coming out at.

The lower the value the further your money goes in the lease, the minimum acceptable is generally 0.44. Seeing as how yours comes to 0.42 ([mo payment*months+out of pocket]/MSRP) I would gauge this as more than acceptable.

My experience with leases is the past 4 vehicles. And the POM calculation is something that I do not feel I have personally created, but many have given me credit for.

I hope this helps, and welcome to the world of Sonata Turbo, time to start modding, I have already put in HID Sims, YF emblems, and remapped my engine/turbo, enjoy it!
  • skinnygskinnyg Member Posts: 2
    I just went to a hyundai dealer today, sport hyundai today, and got what I believe to be a ridiculous dealer quote on a lease of:

$2K down
    412 a month including taxes
    for 12K miles a year

This is for a Sonata Turbo Limited around $28.5K MSRP.

NJ is 7% sales tax. Anybody get a great deal at a southern NJ dealer?
  • tetovaritetovari Member Posts: 22
    With 2k down don't pay more than 300 a month.
    edited June 2011
    I just got the SE Turbo!!!

originally it was 2,000 TOTAL down (include ALL taxes and fees) 269 a month 12k miles

brought it down to 2,000 TOTAL down (include ALL taxes and fees) 260 a month 15k miles

:)
    Thanks!!!

I actually talked it down to 255 a month !

But then I went for 15 k per year instead of 12k per year for only 5 dollars more per month bringing it to 260 a month with 2000 down but with 15 k per year!!!
    Hi jerryz27. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • johneracerjohneracer Member Posts: 6
    Hey,

I just picked up a 2011 GLS popular package 2.

MF 0.00015
    2000 total down
    246.52 monthly including taxes of
    55.7% residual
    $20986.55 gross cap
    $20107.89 net cap.
    Not sure what the MSRP is.
    Does this look OK?
    Sorry, this is for a 15k yease
    Seems high to me.

Need your MSRP to run a calculation but it seems like you will be in the 0.47-0.51 range. Not horrible, but certainly not a good lease. You want to shoot to be in the 0.40-0.44 range. Look back a few pages to see the calculation (Power of Money-how much you get for your money)

((Mo payment*months)+all out of pocket costs)/MSRP

-be sure to include all taxes, fees, docs, tags, etc... in your out of pocket costs to get an accurate number
    -a lot will depend on your credit tier ($20-60/mo swing)
    Nice job, glad we can help

;)
    Hello,

I have gone to 5 different dealers and this was the best one. It seams that dealers in Los Angeles area are less willing to discount cars from msrp resulting in higher pom value. My credit is excellent at 830. Interest was very low at .36% and according to truecar.com, price we paid at $20980 was in the "great price" range. Unless dealer lowered the msrp further there was nothing that could be done. I think the dealers in Los Angeles are moving too many cars and are sticking to their prices. Also our tax at 9.75 is not helping either.
    High possibility, however a higher MSRP would help your POM calculation not hurt.

My lease:

Sonata Turbo SE 2.0T with a few extras
    Monthly Payment: $288.50
    -this payment includes all tax, title, doc, tags, etc... rolled in
    Down Payment: $0
    MSRP: $25,570
    Miles: $15,000/yr
    Extra coverage: Rim and Tire 100% covered full term of lease $0 deductible (if I get a flat or screw up the tire/rim it is fixed free of charge)

$288.50*36=$10,386
    $10,386/$25,570=0.4061
    That is a great deal! What I meant that dealer is not selling cars at a lower price compared to msrp thereby increasing the pom value. To obtain pom of .4-.44 I would have to buy at a really low price but dealers in this area are sticking to their guns.
    I see. But use your true MSRP not negotiated for the real POM calculation. Your car's actual MSRP should be higher than the ~20K you have posted, which would give you a lower POM.

I hear you on the tax situation. Here in MA it is only 7% but we also have an excise tax on our vehicles (only state in the US) that is based on where you garage your vehicle. Of course since I live in Boston it is very high (almost another $500 on top).

Take the tax out of the equation as the dealer cannot do anything there and work based on car numbers and throw some numbers at him "pre-tax".

Hope that helps.
  • pk29pk29 Member Posts: 1
    With respect to your monthly payment of $288 on a Sonata Turbo SE, is the Sonata a 2011 model? Also, which dealership in MA gave you this deal? I would like to contact them for the same or similar deal. Thanks!
    email me and I will put you in contact with them. check my profile for email.
    And yes, 2011 Sonata Turbo SE Pacific Blue Pearl with Grey Interior
  • koskiautokoskiauto Member Posts: 2
    Hopefully this will help... :shades:

I live in Florida - Called a few places, and after some test drives I believe I got a good deal. With an Experian score of 689, and having financed at least one car in my history, I got :

Dealer Sticker :$ 29,455
    Gross Cap Cost :$ 25,842
    Adjusted Cap Cost :$ 24,229

Due at signing :$ 2,259 (includes 1st months' payment, Registration, Tax, and Tag)
    Monthly Payment :$ 242.78

This is my first lease, 36mo. @ 12,000/year

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited Turbo - Harbor Grey with Black Leather Int (No Nav) Drive is fantastic..

Let me know if you are interested in the dealer info.
  • transamdude95transamdude95 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if the June residual/money factor posted from early June are applicable to the 2012 Sonata?

Also, anyone know the 2012 Accent residual/MF? I've heard 62% for 12k miles or 61% for 15k miles and MF of .00107. Can anyone confirm?
  • lds2manu0lds2manu0 Member Posts: 1
    This is very helpful thank you. Would you please let me know dealer info.

Thanks again,
  • transamdude95transamdude95 Member Posts: 2
    Do dealers always charge an acquisition fee when leasing a car? This is in addition to the documentation fee (which includes dealer fee, title, license).
  • fred144fred144 Member Posts: 22
    A fee the leasing co. charges not dealers and it's usually not negotiable.
  • chiropaulchiropaul Member Posts: 3
    Car_man. I saw that you listed the residual for the 2011 sonata limited turbo as 56% for a 15/yr lease. And money factor of 0.00056. The MF is correct but the dealer showed me the rate sheet on the sonata and it showed the default lease of 12k/yr was at 56% residual. At the bottom of the sheet it said *15k leases deduct 1% from 12k residual*

I had been arguing over the residual percentage being wrong. Can you please reconfirm the residual stuff?? My deal was completed on June 23rd. The rate sheet showed the rates for June 23rd -July 5th. Is it possible they dropped it???

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.
  • chiropaulchiropaul Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Save Reply Edit Delete
    #846 of 846 Residual 2011 limited 2.0t by chiropaul
    Jun 26, 2011 (2:44 pm)

Car_man. I saw that you listed the residual for the 2011 sonata limited turbo as 56% for a 15/yr lease. And money factor of 0.00056. The MF is correct but the dealer showed me the rate sheet on the sonata and it showed the default lease of 12k/yr was at 56% residual. At the bottom of the sheet it said *15k leases deduct 1% from 12k residual*

I had been arguing over the residual percentage being wrong. Can you please reconfirm the residual stuff?? My deal was completed on June 23rd. The rate sheet showed the rates for June 23rd -July 5th. Is it possible they dropped it???

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.
  • koskiautokoskiauto Member Posts: 2
    Kendall Hyundai - Miami, Florida - If you contact me in private I can forward you to my salesperson to see if he can give you a similar offer :shades:
    I'd be happy to help you out, transamdude95. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sonata GLS with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Accent GLS are .00107 and 61%, as you were told.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chiropaul. If I said that this car's 15k residual value is 56%, I apologize. It is currently 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • marinar401marinar401 Member Posts: 3
    This sounds like a great deal! Where are you from and what dealer did you go to? I am interested in getting something similar. Please let me know. Thanks and Congrats and your new car :)
    Hello! I am interested in leasing a 2011 hyundai sonata se with nav and sunroof package. I plan on putting 2000 down which will include any taxes or fees. How much should i expect my monthly payments to be? What should i push for? Last time I went car browsing the dealers were quoting me 350 plus for a monthly payment on a lease. I'm looking more around the 250 260 range. Hope someone can give me some great advise and feedback. Thank you and I hope to hear from someone soon.
    SE non-turbo, with nav and sunroof has an MSRP of $26,775, with $2,000 down....(using the money factor equation, you can look back a few pages to see where it is derived)

$26,775*0.44=$11,781
    $11,781-$2,000 down=$9781
    $9781/36=$271.69

This number is with all taxes/fees/documents/tags/registration/etc.... rolled in. You should be at that number or below it to consider it a good deal.

Also remember there are a good many factors that can affect this price, credit being the biggest one. Tier 1 credit vs. Tier 3 credit is between a $30-50/mo swing.

Take a look back a few pages and see the money factor formula more closely and what others have been paying.

My MSRP is around $25570 and I put down $0 and had all fees rolled in to come out at $288.50/mo.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
  • verenveren Member Posts: 4
    Car_man, what are the July MF and residual numbers for a 2011 Sonata 2.4L Limited? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Thank you so much for your help! I will keep you updated on my search. Thanks again
  • zman68zman68 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T. The dealer is quoting $377/mo(taxes will bring payment to $388) no money down fro 3 years, 12k per year. Dealer says they will not come off msrp. Any advice/help would be appreciated. I am in Charlotte, NC
  • tetovaritetovari Member Posts: 22
    To expensive . Don't pay more than 280 no money down .
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    See another dealer. There is no way they should be selling at msrp.
  • awoolfordawoolford Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

What are the July MF and residual for the 2012 Sonata SE 2.4 and the 2012 Sonata Limited 2.4 with 15,000 miles for 36 months?

Thank you
    Here's the information that you're looking for, veren. Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata 2.4L Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Hyundai Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi awoolford. Hyundai Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Sonata SE 2.4 with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Sonata Limited 2.4 are .00120 and 54%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Hyundai Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2011
    Thanks Car_man for the info, however I was looking to lease the 2011 Sonata 2.4L Limited with 15,000 miles per year. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Do you know what the MF and residual is for 15k miles/yr for 36 months?

With my high credit score, I shouldn't have any problems qualifying for the highest credit tier so please quote those numbers.

Also, can you elaborate on that $1500 cash incentive. How do I qualify for that?

Is the sale price reduced by $1500?

How can I use this incentive to my advantage when I speak to the salesman in order to work out a better deal?

Thanks so much for your help.
    edited July 2011
    Car_man, from previous posts I can see that going to 15k miles/yr decreases the MF by 1%. This brings the MF on a 2011 Sonata 2.4L (non-turbo) Limited to 48%.

That is a big drop in MF and residual from last month when it was 55% and 0.00056. It seems strange that Hyundai would make this lease so much less attractive when they're trying to get rid of the 2011s to make room for the 2012s.

Can you please double check the MF and residual you quoted me. Again, I'm just interested in 15k miles/yr and Tier 1 credit numbers.
  • metalllitoolmetalllitool Member Posts: 3
    Trying to find a deal on a Sonata SE. Dealer in NJ would not go lower than 2,000 down, 270 a month on a Sonata SE without extra options.
  • odessit771odessit771 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    Hello! For all of the experts on this forum: I am looking to lease a base model of sonata (no options other than standard). My FICO is 740, I am located in Philadelphia area. What would be acceptable range for the lease? I am looking for all inclusive 230 or less (if possible), 0 down, no deposits. Is it possible? What are your recommendations/experiences?
This discussion has been closed.