Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Hyundai Tuscon Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• ukpaulukpaul Member Posts: 2
    PS - Im in Southern California (Orange County) if that matters
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    I am going to be a possible co-signer on my fiance's lease of a Tuscon. I qualify for top-tier, but she probably does not since she hasn't established much credit yet.

Since I qualify for top-tier, would she be able to get the lease through Hyundai under these terms since I am co-signing?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, swj66. We're glad that you came here too. See you around.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello pinksnyper. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson GLS FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Paul. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson Limited FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdizzy1jdizzy1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,
    It looks like youve been doing a great service for people on this board, thank you for your support! Could you tell me the June money factor and residual for a 2011 tuscon limited with awd and 12,000 mi/ yr?
    We are planning now but plan to purchase in July - thank you in advance!
    Thanks jdizzy1. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tucson Limited AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rac10000rac10000 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone have the current lease rates for the Tuscon?

Thanks!
    Hi rac10000. This vehicle's lease program varies by trim level. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dscgprodscgpro Member Posts: 1
    trying to lease a 2012 gls tucson for 36 mos/12k per yr. what is hyundai's money factor and residual on this car. thanks

and please chk out this offer if GOOD or BAD or FAIR: 2012 GLS Tucson 36mo./12k yr lease

"So here is the deal, if you were to put $3000 down (total out of pocket, including license and tax, and first payment) using only the $500 military rebate, at the 12K per year, your payment would be $219 per month plus tax, $236 total. This is a straight up quote, you don’t have to navigate through small print to piece it together, and it is a great deal. All you would have to do is come in, pick out the color, and finalize the paperwork. Every car that is purchased or leased at our dealership comes with a complimentary maintenance package that pays for your oil, lube and filter change every 3750, while discounting your major services for the first 30,000 miles. Let me know what you think."

This is an internet offer fr. a dealer in OC... What am I missing here? Any hidden fees that might be popped on me before I sign the lease? I would really want to get the down payment to 2000 but they wouldn't budge on 236 total payment. Thank you for all your help.
    Hi dscgpro. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson GLS 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were to provide us with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. Let us know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car Man.

WOuld you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease of a Tucson GL Automatic with 15,000 miles.

Thanks,
  • gina2bitgina2bit Member Posts: 78
    I just Leased a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD. Purchase price $24840. Trade profit was $3.2k used as down payment. Paid first payment and title and stuff $595. Net capitalized cost was $22245.00 Somehow Total capitalized cost reduction was $4079.
    Anyway total payment for 36months 12K/yr is $298.99. This includes the 10% tax the state wants.
    I can purchase the car at end of lease for $15152.
    Any idea if this is a good lease? I know I paid MSRP but I did get the $3.2k profit on my trade which other dealers would only give me about 1-2K profit.
    Here's the information that you you're looking for, bmack11. Hyundai Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson GL with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37
    On an initial lease, is the disposition fee negotiable? Thanks.
  • ajd5095ajd5095 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2012 tucson, but since I just graduated college, my credit is poor due to student loans, credit cards to survive to the four years etc. Is it possible to still lease with poor credit? If so, what do I need to know? Thank you!
    Hi bmack11. The disposition fee is charged by the bank that you are leasing through and if the bank charges one it will not waive it...though some manufacturers will waive this charge for consumers who lease another one of their vehicles when their current lease is up.

Car_man
    Host
  • melrammelram Member Posts: 14
    Car Man,

Could you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease of a Tucson Limited Automatic FWD wih premium package for 12,000 miles.
    Hello melram. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson Limited FWD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00187 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bdaffinitybdaffinity Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Hiya Car_man,

Wanting to lease a 2012 Tucson GLS FWD with automatic transmission for 36 OR 48 months.. can you tell me the residual value and money factor?

Thank you so much!
    Here's the information that you're looking for bdaffinity. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tucson GLS FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00179 and 47%.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • cog7cog7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for a standard lease (12,000 mi 36 MO) 2012 GLS FWD in NYC in Chai Bronze with taupe interior.

One dealer has the color we want but they only have an AWD for $317/mo, taxes + bank fee + DMV = $2172.91 upfront. The car is also filled with accessories which we don't care about but anyway, they are there. He is not willing to go down a penny even thought last month he quoted $298 for the same car.

The other dealer offers a silver with back interior FWD for $298, same deal taxes, bank and DMV upfront. This deal is through Costco auto program. We don't mind the silver but prefer the beige.

My main question is whether it is a fair price. Would it be possible to get a better price? We don't care about the AWD vs. FWD as much as the price because we would have to go up significantly considering what we are paying for the car we have now.

Also, if anyone could help me make up my mind I would really appreciate it. Should we go with the silver car for less or with the chai bronze for $19/ month more?

Thanks a lot in advance!
  • ccornell99ccornell99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man - long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for the service you are performing for the car buyer community at large.

I'm looking for residual and money factor numbers for a 2013 FWD Tucson Limited leased 36K miles/yr for 3 years. I plan to lease this month (March 2013).
    Thanks!
    Chris
    As they say in sports radio, welcome aboard Chris. And Thanks.

Hyundai Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tucson Limited FWD 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Hyundai is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through Hyundai Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Hi Car_man - could you kindly help me get the required residual and money factor to calculate a lease payment for a 2013 tucson GL FWD with automatic transmission (believe this to be the base model with auto), 45k mile lease over 36 months?

Thank you in advance!
    Greetings pinksnyper. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tucson GL FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • pinksnyperpinksnyper Member Posts: 75
    thanks as always for your prompt response. 2 followup questions:

1-Do you have tier 3 money factor?
    2-Can you recommend a good calculator or spreadsheet to calculate the lease price with the above?

Thanks!
  • jason1932jason1932 Member Posts: 48
    Car Man, I am looking for the April mf and rv for a 2013 GLS AWD for 36 months and 36,000 miles. I was quoted a money factor of .00055 and a residual value of 58% with a $25,425 MSRP for $325/month. Is this a good deal with all taxes and title rolled into the deal?
    You're very welcome pinksnyper. I haven't seen the factors for other credit tiers, but I can look into it.

I personally use Excel and the formula that's outlined in the following article to work up payments, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

There's a lease calculator here at Edmunds.com that you can use as well:
    Edmunds.com Lease Calculator.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jason1932. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tucson GLS AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see, the numbers that you were quoted are spot on.

It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you provided me with this car's selling price first. Do you have that number?

Car_man
    Host
  • manalivemanalive Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Hi Carman,

What is the May 2013 money factor and residual value for Hyundai Tucson for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles/year?
  • slipstreamv2slipstreamv2 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Car_man,

Awesome to see you are still helping on these forums!!! :). It's been about 3 years I think since last time I got your help on a ML350 lease. Back once again.. ;)

Could you let me know what the current money factor and residual are for a 2013 Tuscon with 12k and 15k miles and 36 month lease?

Also... ;)
    1) when calculating dealer profit, should we count all incentives regardless of if they are manufacturer to dealer or mfr to customer? And other than dealer holdback there is nothing else, correct?

2) when rolling in taxes, bank fees, DMV fees etc. into the monthly payment, I need to recalculate the new depreciation and finance amounts to get the monthly payments. I assume that this are added to gross cap costs and therefore increase the net capitalized costs, correct? Ive been doing this way so far. Looking at it one way it seems counterintuitive in that it increases the depreciation, but I guess really what it's doing is increasing the total loan amount.

3) the incentives I was told about are a $1000 and a $500 incentive. Just want to make sure there are no others.

4) I'm returning a leased Acura TSX soon. I'm under on the mileage by about 8k miles....I was thinking about buying it and then turning around and selling to private individual and making the spread. But Acura says they won't negotiate on the buyout option price...I thought the captive finance banks (HFC in this case) did negotiate...I guess not?

Thanks!!!
  • keithf40keithf40 Member Posts: 3
    just leased 2013 gls fwd for 279/month 12kyear 36 months, everything rolled into payment. they also are paying my 2nd and 3rd payments for me. gave them first month plus dmv upon signing.
  • casperspookscasperspooks Member Posts: 8

Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

Shopping for a lease on a Tuscon Limited, AWD, tech pkg, 36 months, 15K mi/yr, tier 1 in NJ and need to know what the numbers and any incentives are this month. Thanks in advance!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@casperspooks said:
    Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

Shopping for a lease on a Tuscon Limited, AWD, tech pkg, 36 months, 15K mi/yr, tier 1 in NJ and need to know what the numbers and any incentives are this month. Thanks in advance!

.00147 MF and 56% residual.

Find incentive information, here:

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/car-incentives.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• m_j_flm_j_fl Member Posts: 13

Wondering if anyone has the lease numbers for a 2014 Tucson Limited, FWD, 12k miles, tech package, 36 or 39 months. Thanks in advance.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@m_j_fl said:
    Wondering if anyone has the lease numbers for a 2014 Tucson Limited, FWD, 12k miles, tech package, 36 or 39 months. Thanks in advance.

36/12 - .00080 and 54%

39/12 - .00102 and 52%

$500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• alex_msu1alex_msu1 Member Posts: 81

What are the current August rates and incentives for AWD GLS model for 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k in NY/NJ? Thanks

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current August rates and incentives for AWD GLS model for 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k in NY/NJ? Thanks

2014 or 2015?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• alex_msu1alex_msu1 Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2014

@Michaell: 2014

@alex_msu1 said:
    What are the current August rates and incentives for 2014 AWD GLS model for 36mo/12k and 36mo/15k in NY/NJ? Thanks

.00119 and 57%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• muffinflavoredmuffinflavored Member Posts: 83

@Michaell said:
    .00119 and 57%. $750 lease cash.

2015 Tuscon GLS money factor and residual, sweet spot term, lowest possible milage (12k, right?)

Is it possible to get one of these for sub-$225 sign and drive? My mom needs a new SUV and I have a friend at a Hyundai dealership.

She isn't picky on branding if you think Ford, Toyota, or anything else may lease better.

@muffinflavored said:
    2015 Tuscon GLS money factor and residual, sweet spot term, lowest possible milage (12k, right?)

>

Is it possible to get one of these for sub-$225 sign and drive? My mom needs a new SUV and I have a friend at a Hyundai dealership.

AWD? .00125 and 60%. Deduct 3% for FWD.

MF is a bit high ... you might want to check out the CR-V - the MF's are lower at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Tucson Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.