Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• yyykenyyyken Member Posts: 14
    Loaded FX35(51k MSRP), dealer pretty easily took 1,900 off MSRP . . lease factors still stunk & the loan rate was 5.90% . . . I'd give it a few more months before we see anything decent on a lease, letting them clear out some of the old 2008 inventory & build up some 2009 inventory . . .
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    actually thought there was a HUGE manufacturer rebate right now... I have heard of people getting them for almost 9k under sticker...?
  • reggeregge Member Posts: 4
    I recently had a dealer take off around $9,000 off msrp.
  • reggeregge Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what Infiniti considers tier 1 credit?
    Anyone gotten any crazy leases on 08 fx's?

I'm looking for a LOADED 08 at a crazy lease price... any help here?
  • lakeshor_junkylakeshor_junky Member Posts: 17
    When I was pricing G35s Tier 1 was anything over 680 I believe.
    The current lease deals are horrible for the 2009. I test drove the 2009 FX35 yesterday. It was a RWD FX35 with premium package. Beautiful car. I loved it. The salesman basically told me that I sound like a well informed buyer and the price he would quote me might sound crazy. I told him I wouldn't be buying today because I had heard their money factors and residuals were "off" on the 2009 so far. He actually agreed. Said that they couldn't figure out why the numbers were jacked up so much for this car. HE TOLD ME to wait a few months and the numbers might be tweaked to a more reasonable level. I didn't even get the actual money factor or residual since he quoted me over 800/month for a $44K MSRP car. Said they could work hard to get right under $800. I told him if they stay anwhere near that price I would never buy an FX. Insane.

This was for a 10K mile 39 month lease! I can't even imagine what money factor they were using. Even if the residual is .49 as another poster has listed, I still can't see how they get close to $800/month. He said they had sold a bunch already so I guess some people have more money than sense.
  • pjkadpjkad Member Posts: 21
    I had the same experience with my salesperson. He was upset and they have complained to their factory rep. He suggested I wait it out. I am coming off an FX lease in August and was ready for the new one. I got a quote of $689 for a 39 mo AWD with premium package. Residual was 51%. 42 mo was 49%. I have extended my lease until at least Oct and will see what numbers are like then.
    I agree on the 09's... I am about to sign a short 08 lease to wait out the 09 price gouging. Edmonds states that for a LOADED fx35 (no sport package) people are paying about 38k... that amounts to a seriously low lease payment based on 46kmsrp. Plus I have loyalty rebate and there is another dealer rebate for 1k I think.... Should be able to pull it under 500/mo with under 2k drive off.
    Looks like they've extended the 1-2k lease and 2-4k purchase cash until 9/2/08 . . . No hope on residuals until then? . . . Hope for real lease deals on the new FX 35 by then? Probably depends if dealers can blow out most of the '08s by then? At least get these $800 a month deal we're seeing down to $700, but probably year end before we see $600 . . .
  • srz948srz948 Member Posts: 75
    I have a 2005 FX35 with a lease termination in September 2008. Three years ago when the lease on my QX4 had 7 months left Infiniti started sending me various incentives to stay with them. First they would wave damage up to $500, followed by an excess mileage waiver, and finally they offered all that + they would make the last 6 months of lease payments if I were to lease a new Infiniti in the month of July 2005.

Now with the auto industry in turmoil you would think I'd be getting incentives out the wazoo. NOTHING AT ALL !!!! Not even the usual advertising packets. All I got was a postcard offering a test drive of the new FX50.

Can anyone out there offer an explanation?
    Back in 2005 they were probably in good shape on the residuals, where now they're probably tight, hoping the used car market improves between now & when your lease is up later this year. . . .
    I think you've probably pegged it right there; they are basically forcing anyone who isn't completely careless with their money to buy an 08'. I frankly don't like the 08s nearly as much as the 09s so the great deals to be had are useless for me. I might buy/lease a G37 when the new one comes out unless the FX's price stabilizes first. The G was the first Infiniti I was to buy until I saw what the 09 FX was going to look like. I've waited so long by now, I can wait to they get reasonable.
  • nixstangnixstang Member Posts: 1
    I have been dealing with a dealership here in houston and the best they can do for an 08, tour/sport/handfree/ipod 24/12 is:
    GROSS CAP. COST ITEMIZATION
    1st Month Payment: $749.64
    License Fees: $127.05
    TOTAL DRIVE OFF: $876.69
    CASH DUE ON DELIVERY: $876.69
    Vehicle Price: $36,500.00
    Documentation Fees: $50.00
    Acquisition Fee: $595.00
    GROSS CAPITALIZED COST: $39,426.25
    MONTHLY PAYMENT DETERMINATION
    Value of Vehicle + AMO's: $36,500.00
    Gross Cap Cost: $39,426.25
    Adj. Cap Cost: $39,426.25
    Residual: $25,735.80
    Depreciation: $13,690.45
    Rent: $4,300.80
    TOTAL OF BASE PAYMENTS: $17,991.25
    # of Pmts: 24
    TOTAL PAYMENT: $749.64
    http://www.infiniticalifornia.com/offers/infiniti-overstock-sale-california.aspx- ?id=10

2008 FX35: Touring: In dealer stock only. $41,270 MSRP, $2995 total down, 39 months, 10k miles per year, $419 +tx.

2009 FX35: Touring, In dealer stock only. $41,910 MSRP, $1995 total down, 39 months, 10k miler per year, $659 + tx.

Spread the down over the payments(interest adjusted), & we've got $500 a month vs $715 a month! Or a pretty loaded '09 (51k MSRP) for $870, vs $620 with the same deal as the '08. . . $250 extra month! . . I think I'm buying some Nissan stock! :)
  • songrysongry Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $45120

Sports package
    Hand free
    Touring
    iPod
    and some other accessories

Invoice $41206

Got an offer for $35529 (by opting for $5,000 Manufacturer to dealer marketing support)

I was trying to go for $11,000 below the MSRP. Do you guys think it's possible?

Also, is it possible to negotiate below the invoice price if I go for 0% financing? (probably not $5,000 below, but may be for $2,500??)

I'm confused. The TMV on Edmund shows around $38000. Carsdirect's target price shows $36000. Did the price from Edmund took account for $5,000 rebate?

If not, does this mean that I can go for $33,000????

Please advise me guys.
    So,

Looking at an 08 fx35 2wd w/
    touring
    tech
    hands free
    ipod
    splash guards
    cargo mat

msrp 45570
    sell @ 36,025
    Residual 58% (15k/yr)
    Money Rate .00240

2k Drive off
    511/mo + tax

Good deal? This is in the Los Angeles Area
    the suv forums have all but come to a standstill! Anyone have input on the above lease? Supposed to sign today
    sounds like a good deal to me!!!
    the rate looks a little high? Are they taking back some of the price there?
    Signed yesterday... as of July 8th, infiniti pulled their GREAT lease numbers and replaced them with the crap rate of .0024 and a sub 60% residual... I ended up getting the car for a FULL 10k below sticker though so, payment is under 550/mo including ca tax... either way, this car will have a fantastic lease end buyout if I want it as well.. I think 23k after 2 yrs based on our lease terms. Ideally I wanted the sports package, but couldn't find one locally that had all the other goodies inside, nav, handsfree, ipod, etc.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new FX, zkaudio. You're right, Infiniti replaced its special lease program on this model with dealer cash. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • srz948srz948 Member Posts: 75
    I don't put on much mileage anymore and was considering buying my 2005 FX35 at lease end. The buy back is $23,000. Does anyone know if Infiniti Finance negotiates on price? My past experience has been no. At the right price I might take it.
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    Car Man !

I am getting following deal and need ur input pls.

15,000 miles annually
    39 months
    2,500 down including first month payment
    525 per month

This is for base AWD model 2008.

Thanks in advance!
    Car Man ,

Since u did not respond the only other way for me to verify if the deal was good ..to shop around.Since no one could match above numbers I have gone ahead and signed the lease with following details:

15,000 Miles P.A.
    39 months
    2488 due at signing which includes 525 first month payment plus DMV,inception fees of 500 and NJ sales tax..

BTW since dealer had committed a particular color to me and salesman did not realize that the same is with Sport Package...I guess which is a bonus at this price... :D .
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    So basically you leased a year old one with the old one old body style for 525 a month? I'm looking at the 09 Fully loaded and lowest I was quoted so far was $615 a month.
  • alewifebpalewifebp Member Posts: 4
    $615 a month!? How and where did you get that price, since that is awfully good. I'm looking to get a 09 FX35 AWD with Nav, Premium and Touring, and the lowest I've been able to get so far is in the high 700's including tax, and about $1800 due at signing.
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    So far I got a quote for $619 a month for 2009 FX35 from Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn.
    If you are getting 615 I think that's about it. The sales manager asking for $1750 due at signing, that's including 1st payment and bank fees and misc fees. all tax roll into payments.
    Specs:
    AWD with Nav, Premium, Tech Package.

Is anyone getting a quote for less than $600? I am tring to find a better quote.
  • alewifebpalewifebp Member Posts: 4
    That deal is great from what I can tell. How many miles/year? Do you know the cap cost, MF and residual?

How did you get them to go that low? Like I said, the dealers I have looked at are quoting much higher. I was expecting to be able to do low $700's easy, but this is obviously much better.

Car_man, can you enlighten us to the official IFS MF/residuals?
  • dmcmdmcm Member Posts: 12
    This sounds decent. I have been looking at a 2009 as my lease expires on my present FX in Dec 09 and so far the best I have seen is in the low 700's. To know if this is a good deal you need Cap cost, residual and MF. Infinti usually has a year end promotion in Dec so I am going to wait till then unless the rates get better over the next 60 days or so.
    The quote is for next month October's price. 12k/year. The sales manager suggested me to wait til October. because Infiniti is pushing out all their 2008 FXs for COD and finance and that's why you don't see many (not even one) on the road.

RE:So far I got a quote for $619 a month for 2009 FX35 from Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn.
    If you are getting 615 I think that's about it. The sales manager asking for $1750 due at signing, that's including 1st payment and bank fees and misc fees. all tax roll into payments.
    Specs:
    AWD with Nav, Premium, Tech Package.

Is anyone getting a quote for less than $600? I am tring to find a better quote.
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    I got my numbers from Kings as well. First time i went in was quoted 615 a month with taxes and fee's upfront for FX35 with premium and nav. Went back yesterday and sat down and the number was $630 a month for nav and premium 10k/year 39mos with taxes fee's upfront totaling around 3500. They told me if i locked in they could make it to about 615. My fiancee now decided she wants the touring package as well and i told them that if they can get me that car for a number starting with 5 we can talk. They said check back at the end of the month for the new rates. The residual was 53% and money factor .00219. I cannot see the rates doing anything but going down, they are terrible and i doubt they are pushing the volume of cars they expected to with numbers like this. I have an 06 QX56 and my lease payment is roughly the same, which is absurd to me when the car has a sticker roughly 10,000 over this car. So given the economy and their sales the numbers I'm sure will get much better.
  • suzanne18suzanne18 Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone getting a quote for less than $650.00 in Southern California with the following specs:
    AWD
    Premium
    Navigation
    Deluxe Touring

I'm trying to find a better quote.
    What are the specifics:
    Length of lease 36 or 39 months?
    How many miles per yr?
    How much up front?
    Do you know the money factor or residual?
  • suzanne18suzanne18 Member Posts: 2
    Length of lease-36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    zero down

I don't know the money factor or residual. Is this a number I need to find out?
    Carman:
    My 2005 FX lease is up in Dec 2008. I am going to lease a 2009 FX 35 with the premium and deluxe package. I am looking at a 39 month lease. Do you know what the money factor and resudual rates are. Do you think it would be better to get an FX 50? Do you think that the 50 would have a higher reisudal and therefore lower payments?

What are your thoughts?
    Yes. To figure out your payment you need the cap cost which is the price you agree on ( not necessarily the sticker price) then the residual factor and the money factor. These factors seem to change each month.
    Hi alewifebp. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dmcm. You definitely would not be better off going with an FX50 over an FX35. Not only is is more expensive, price-wise, but the 50's residual values are lower than the 35's.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, keep in mind that the fact that you are a current FX lessee qualifies you for $2,000 loyalty cash on the lease of a new one.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    Carman,

Can you tell me what October's lease rates are for 2009 FX35 RWD? Thanks for your help.
    Here you go, dwongswong. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Infiniti FX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00228 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • steamosteamo Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know details of October residuals & MF's for a 24 month lease on an FX35?
    Can someone tell me if I can use the $4,000 retail owner loyaty cash that Infiniti is offering towards a lease?
  • ceroroceroro Member Posts: 2
    Car Man !

This car is Demo car so the 7000mile is on it
    I am getting following deal and need ur input pls.
    MSPR : $49000

15,000 miles annually
    39 months
    1,500 down
    600 per month

Specs:
    AWD with Touring, Tech Package and other options

FX35 AWD model 2008.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi mlad11

I think you should and every should bring a voice recoder or a cell phone with voice recoder with you so this way to tape down your conversation. I know car dealers play number games very well.

Here's what I did, and I think I made a good move. I brought a voice recorder.

I typed down the details what I am going to get includes options, and lease length like months, printed it out.
    handed it to the dealer's sales rep. let me keep it and making sure he's not losing it. then start negatiating the monthly lease payment. so this way when you call back he doesn't ask you what you want.
    Because dealers keep changing from 15k to 12k then charging you some extras.

Also make sure when the dealer writes on a quote:
    1. Approval upon credit tier 0 to 2. (not just 0)
    2. Monthly payment (this is the payment you will cut a check each month)
    3. Your out the door payment.

Check the dealer's new inventory daily so this way you know how many fx35 the sale a day. get the vin number from the sales rep and print it out from their website.

So far I'm driving it for a week. Pretty good and smooth. I have not press a lot of accl yet because it's too new and need some break-ins.

Hope this will help you all.
    Again, bring a voice recorder with you when you shop around.

Don't let the games fool you, you fool the games.
    2009 Infiniti FX35 AWD

24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00228 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00231 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00222 Base Rate
    Carman,

Do you know if I can use the $4,000 retail owner loyaty cash that Infiniti is offering towards a lease?
    Hi dwongswong. Last month Infiniti was offering $4,000 loyalty cash on purchases of the '09 FX35 and $2,000 on leases. I have not seen this program for October yet, but if the $4,000 is the only loyalty cash available...I suspect that it is compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • steves7steves7 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Can you please post the November lease factors for a 2009 FX35 AWD? Many thanks.

As part of the loyalty discount, I was quote a 4-yr lease of $679/month with zero out of pocket & 10K miles/yr. NAV and premium package included.
    Carman:
    Ok so the FX 35 is a better vehicle to lease as the residual is higher.

Seems that Infiniti usually has a yr end Xmas sale. Do you know what the Nov money factor and residual factors are on a RWD 35?

Do you think they might be better in December?

Thanks for your help.