Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the info that you're looking for, hbo1ny. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 52%, respectively.

Infiniti is providing a $2,000 owner loyalty incentive on leases of this model for current Infiniti owners like yourself.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CptBloodCptBlood Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I am currently leasing FX35 and planning to lease same 2009 AWD version in the end of January.How does $2000 "owner loyality incentive" works? Do I mention it to the dealer? Is this an amount I am going to "get back" after my lease is done?
    Also, all calculations of the lease payment should be based of MSRP?
    Thanks for your help in avdance!!!
  • fxsilverfxsilver Member Posts: 8
    Car_man- I live in Texas where there are very few AWD FX35's to buy and take advantage of the higher residuals and better money factors on the leases.

I can't seem to break $600 a month or so on a 48 month lease with $3k down 10k miles per year.

Can you please tell me the money factors and residuals for a 2009 FX35 2WD with Premium? Thanks!
  • chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28
    Thank you Car man. Those are the exact figures the salesman gave me. They will sell the car at about $500 over invoice. I am not a current Infinity owner.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Does anyone else think that either the base 18" wheels or the 20" deluxe package set are really disappointing looking? Only the 21" sports are attractive in my opinion. What does everyone else think?
  • env32env32 Member Posts: 7
    I agree. The 20" deluxe package wheels are unattractive and terrible in the snow.
  • FX35_NewbieFX35_Newbie Member Posts: 6
    My local Infiniti dealer is offering the following deals on 2009 FX35s. I am a brand new memeber and I need some help if someone can tell me if those good deals or representative of the market

2009 FX35 Basic - $35,988 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$379-mo
    2009 FX35 Premium - $37,988 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$399-mo
    2009 FX35 Premium w/ Navigation - $40,998 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$449-mo

They only have like 1 or 2 of each but they are brand new models with no mileagge on them - no demos. Is that a good deal?
    How many miles? AWD? 2wd?
    Seems like a really good deal.
    0 miles - brand new - not demos
    RWD - only option is the [B95] SPLASH GUARDS

so you think it is a good deal?
    How many miles per year for the lease option? It's a long lease (42 months).
    But many people on here have experienced payments in the $500 range.
  • fear_my_catzfear_my_catz Member Posts: 20
    It does sould like a good deal. What city/state is this? Any quotes for the AWD?
  • onesix8onesix8 Member Posts: 6
    hi Car Man... long time lurker, first time poster....
    I'm in CA and received the following deals:
    Dealer 1:
    39 mths, 10k, $500 drive off, MSRP $41765 = $513 + tax/mth.
    Dealer 2:
    39 mths, 10k $533 drive off, didn't get the MSRP = $533/mth w/ tax.
    Broker:
    39 mths, 12k $896 drive off, MSRP $41xxx = $541/mth w/ tax.

Are these good numbers? I'm inclined go w/ dealer 2 but want to get the payment under $500 w/ minimum drive off.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    one more thing... is this a good time to be looking at the FX? (i know there really is no "good time") I was considering waiting until next month, or should I take ownership by the end of this month?
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    CarMan:

I hear that there is also a factory to dealer incentive of approximately $2K that is available until the end of the month that has nothing to do w/ customer loyalty. Is this true and, if so, will I be able to take advantage of both the factory to dealer incentive AND the $2K lease loyalty? Thanks.
    Gents:

I pulled the trigger last night on a 2009 FX35 w/ a premium package - below are the details of the deal - please do let me know if you think this is a good deal. I will gladly assist others to get same deal if the forum thinks i did good. It is in ATL

This is for a 39 month / 10K lease. I put $1244 down ($555 1st month payment, $21 tag, $493.46 cap cost reduction, $174.54 tax on cap cost reduction)

MSRP: $45,735.00

Cap Cost $40,500.54
    Residual $22,867.50
    MF 0.00105
    Mo Dep $452.13
    Mo UseFee $66.54
    Mo Paynt $518.67
    + Tax $554.97

all in all I got her for $555/mo - amy feedback on how I did will be appreciated
    they do not have any deals on AWD - but the dealer is in ATL - let me know if interested in the details
  • chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man,

Is the current $3000 marketing support eligible to be applied to leased FX35's?

Thanks.
    Just got the following deal on a VPP which I think stinks but need your opinion...

Initial Cap Cost: $41,457 MSRP: 44,310
    Tax: 6.25
    Trade Allowance $11,500 (I owe $15k, will put down $3k to offset negative equity)
    Acq Fee: $595
    Cap Cost reduction: $2,227
    Annual Fees: $108
    Rebate: $2,000 (loyalty)
    Residual (LEV): 45%
    Money Factor: .00170 *******this is where I get screwed...isn't this high???
    48 months, 10k miles per year
    Initial Fees: $78
    Total Working Cash: $5,000
    Customer Cash Down: $3,000
    Amount Due At Start: $5,000
    Monthly Payment: $584

I am really ticked off at this dealer. I have bought many cars from them and they are screwing me on the MF, nickel and diming me on fees and the terms on this lease from IFS. I have close to 800 credit score and have $3500 negative equity in my car, but will put down $3k to offset that. I can't understand why we cannot get a better deal at this dealer. They tell me that they have to make a little money on the money factor...seems like BS to me. There is no $3k marketing reduction at all, and I am trying to convince them to up their trade in value for me. I have a 2003 Infiniti FX35 sport/touring with 92k miles that I bought from them and serviced there since day one, and they still are killing me on the trade in.
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know whether IFS will let you out early and forego balance of lease payments if you are leasing another Infiniti? I have 3 months left on my FX lease and want to get the 2009 early but my dealer is telling me that I will have to make all 3 remaining payments. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    FXSilver:

They are killing you on more than one place

1. MSRP:44310 means $37,988 cap + $3,000 incentive = $40,988
    2. Cap Cost reduction - i understand money our of pocket - NO!
    3. Annual Fees: $108 - what for?
    4. MF: They offered .0011, then lowered to .00107 and finally .00105 at 8PM
    5. 3,000 customer cash down - this is a rip-off and a travesty at the same time

tell the dealer to take a hike - or show them an internet special on comp vehicle and if they still give you the reach around - tell them to bug off
  • dmcmdmcm Member Posts: 12
    hbo1ny

I just turned in my 2005 FX 3 months early and there was no program that I could find that IFS would waive the balance of the payments. I tried to negotiate on the 2009 the difference but the dealer was unwilling to give me a good deal and also pick up the remaining payments. Maybe in a couple more months if thing do not pick up they might start doing that but that will not help you.

I love the 09 they made some great improvements. Good luck.
  • kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
    I am trying to lease an FX 35 in California, south bay area. Any advice as to where and which dealership I should buy from. I dont feel like haggling ten dealers or so. Please let me know if you know of a good sales person and the deal that you may have recieved. This would be a huge help.

Aternatively, if you know of a good internet special or link of any infiniti in the COUNTRY that had a good online price. I can just use that as the starting point.
    THANKS
  • kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
    Where did you get these deals from. They sound too good. I love the last one!!
  • chicarguychicarguy Member Posts: 5
    Infiniti of Lisle in the Chicago suburbs has the best deal so far. I got them to lower their offer twice - and no other dealer can match.

But, maybe someone can tell me if it is a good deal.
    FX35 AWD Nav, Premium, Deluxe Touring
    $52,465 MSRP
    $3993 down
    $688/month
    39month lease

Any opinions?
    Hi guys.. i posted earlier but would really like an opinion. I'd like to lease ASAP. I received some updated numbers. I'm not a current Infiniti customer so don't qualify for the $2k loyalty incentive. I'm pretty sure they're quoting me with the incentive so I'll have to clarify.
    I also got a call from the auto broker today stating that the program changed for Infiniti? $500 below invoice, MF .00105, and residual @ 49%. Does that make sense?

Dealer 1:
    39 mths, 10k, $2500 drive off, MSRP $41765 = $480.52 + tax/mth.
    *but said this includes the loyalty incentive.
    Dealer 2:
    39 mths, 10k $533 drive off, MSRP $41825 = $533/mth w/ tax.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi KQ6C: Go see Nicole Dela Cruz at Santa Monica Infiniti. She will give you straight scoop.
    Dude - 4k down?!!! In this economy. Tell Lisle they should pay YOU at this point to take a car off their lot. That's too much my friend, don't fall for it.
    Ok - Has anyone been on the Europeon Infiniti site and checked out the FX 37? Why oh why is this car not offered in the US???? It's got it all going on, correct wheels, engine, sport package, etc. What gives? www.infiniti.eu
    onesix8-you should take that deal # 2 and run. Best deal I've seen and I've been shopping for an FX for six months since the 2nd Gen came out. In this economy, I don't want to give the dealer crap for their car they HAVE to sell. $2000 you are saving and buy some apple stock, it just crashed today...he he.

I am getting $584 with $3k down and a crappy trade in, money factor, etc. Your deal kills mine and I am a current FX owner with a relationship at this dealer of multiple cars and about ten years!
    thanks fxsilver! i've been mulling it over but do realize that it's a pretty good deal. i got a quote for $2500 $480/mth but was told that was only w/ the $2k loyalty incentive; so i was trying to hold out...
    but i think i'm going to visit the dealer tomorrow.. i'll probably get the same story saying the price was only w/ the loyalty incentive but we'll see. thanks for giving me your advice and deal....
    jay - here's the deal straight from infiniti.com

$539 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    39 Month Term
    $3394 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on 2009 FX35 AWD with Premium and Navigation Package with MSRP of $49,665.

I am essentially getting the same deal, adding on deluxe touring, for $559/month

Do dealers even negotiate on down payment for a program?
    Chicarguy: I definitely believe that the down payment is negotiable. In fact, I know it is. For every car deal I have negotiated, the down payment was always left up to me and my budget, etc.

I think most unassuming consumers don't know what they can negotiate, or what parts of the deal are 'movable'. The down payment is definitely a movable variable. And that's why these forums are great.
    hey everyone... so i got the following deal tonight and thinking about biting tomorrow:
    MSRP $41,815
    Residual: 50% $20,907
    42 mth, 10k/yr.
    MF: 0.00107
    Cap cost: $38,xxx (don't have the exact # in front of me)
    Drive off: $539

Mthly: $539

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal from what I've seen. Thanks everyone.
    Hi CptBlood. Just tell the dealer that you are currently leasing an FX35 and you will be able to take the $2,000 lease loyalty incentive into account when negotiating the selling price for your new FX.

You definitely should negotiate the selling price of the new FX that you want. Tthe selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If I was in the market for an '09 FX35 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of slightly over dealer invoice...and have the loyalty cash that you are eligible for subtracted from that. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fxsilver. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 FX35 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00114 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, chrish11. $500 over invoice is a pretty good deal for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti is providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2009 FX35 in January. However, this cash incentive is not compatible with its special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi FX35_Newbie. For a newbie, it looks to me as though you've negotiated a pretty good deal on this truck. The money factor is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current program for this model and a $5,000 dealer discount is outstanding. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Oh, and don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello chrish11. Unfortunately, the $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti's special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

Car_man
    Host
    Latest offer:

$0 down
    $729/month (includes sales and Chicago lease tax)
    39 month lease
    10k mile/year

FX35 AWD - $52,685 MSRP

Thoughts? Every 1k down will reduce the payment around $25/month.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    ... the $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti's special lease program, only the $2,000 loyalty cash is.

What is this $2000 loyalty cash? I am aware of the earlier $4000 Loyalty Cash and the current $3000 Dealer Cash; but what is the current $2000 Loyalty Cash you are speaking of?

I am interested in purchasing an FX35 and am trying to figure out just how far below Invoice I can go. Thanks.
    Hi chicarguy. Consumers can always lease without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. In fact, it is your best interest not to make one when leasing. Lessees who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much safer going with a zero down lease.

As far as the advertised lease that you mentioned goes, this is an official Infiniti advertisement for this truck. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' official advertised deals by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to calculate them. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them, Shop around and shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible on the new FX that you want. You can look up its exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi msu79gt82. Infiniti was providing $4,000 owner loyalty cash on purchases, not leases, of the '09 FX35 in December. I don't believe that the four grand is still available. It has only been providing $2,000 loyalty cash on IFS leases. I know that two grand on leases definitely is still available in January.

Car_man
    Host
    This is my latest info...

MSRP. $52,460.00
    Cap Cost $45,928.65
    Doc Fee. $176.65
    Plates $143.00
    Money Factor 1.090
    Residual $27,803.80 -53% of MSRP
    Monthly Payment - $729
    Due at Signing - $1047

That money factor seems strange compared to what I've seen on this board. Can someone explain better to me?
    Chicarguyl: Do you have the decimal (money factor) in the wrong place? How many months is the lease?
    yea, i looked it up and apparently some dealers quote the MF that way. Thanks!
    Hello Car Man-

I was originally looking for a FX35 but the MF and residuals on a RWD are so poor that I am considering a FX50 to see if I can get a bigger bang for my buck.

Can you provide the MF and residuals for the following please?

2009 FX50 Base 39, 42 and 48 month lease 10k miles

2009 FX35 2WD, Premium 39, 42 and 48 month lease

I am in Texas and we literally have NO AWD vehicles. Thanks
  • LASpursLASpurs Member Posts: 13
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask some quick advice.

I am currently in a 2006 G35 Coupe that I would dearly love to get rid of. I am 32 months into a 39 month lease and was wondering what, if anything, I could do to get out of the lease and into a new car.

Originally I was looking at a Murano but also thought it might be an idea to look at the new FX 35.

Earlier today I was quoted the following at an Infiniti dealership here in L.A.:-

$3,500 to clear the lease
    $1,200 dealer payment

$550 a month (ex tax) on a 39 month lease with 10,000 miles a year on the lease.

The sales manager said the residuals on the FX 35 are dropping, he had then at 52%. He also said that by the end of my current lease the monthly payments could go up as the banks do not want people leasing cars and with the worsening economy the residuals could drop further.

Now I don't think for a minute it could get so bad it would be worth paying $3,500 now to get out of the lease as there is the possibility lease payments could go up by $100 a month in 7 months time. Only if that was to happen would paying off the lease now make sense.

I am also using a VPP as I have friends that work for Nissan.

Any advice would be great, thanks!
  • br2376br2376 Member Posts: 11
    I have decided that I will go with another FX35 in the next month (lease is over March 19) and I was wondering if I could do something along the lines of leasing an 09 with the 18s and swapping them out for the stock 20s I have now on my 05 sport.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    I don't use that much mileage and just am wondering if doing a 9k/mi is uncommon in lease deals.

Thanks for any input in advance.