Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• mark625mark625 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,

Here's the deal I received from the dealer last night. It's for 2005 FX35 AWD with Touring & Tech Package. Please let me know am I getting a good deal or should I bargain more?

MSRP Price is $44360.00
    Lease Term: 36 Month
    Mileage: 12K / Year
    Monthly Payment included Tax = $$547.10
    Drive off: $928.85

Thank you very much for your help.
  • sks109sks109 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

I've been following your words of wisdom, and have called 3 local dealerships, and received similar quotes. The most competitive quote is:

FX35 AWD ~ Touring ~ Black on Black
    MSRP: $40,800
    Cap Cost: $ 37,302
    36 months, 12000 miles a year
    Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: .00119
    $460.00/month (tax included)
    $1370 due at lease signing (Bank Aquisition Fee, Doc Fee, First Month's Payment, Title, Registration, and Inspection costs. No Security Deposit)

How does deal sound? This is lowest Cap Cost I could negotitae. Dealership said they were making $161.25 on the invoice. What are your thoughts?
  • mbh4mbh4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm turning in an 04 Acura TL early on a lease. I'm upside down approximately $3200 if the dealer gives me high blue book trade, and he has said he will do so based on the description of the condition of my car. He has already checked the payoff amount on the lease, the VIN number, and the registration...OK, so here's the deal.

Keep in mind the monthly payment includes paying off my TL

'05 FX35 w/ Touring and Technology Packages

18,000 miles per year
    39 Months
    Drive Off: $1750
    Monthly $: $618.90 (includes tax)

Without the trade-in, the deal would be..
    Drive Off: $1460
    Monthly $: $507.00

I don't know the residual, but the money factor is .00115 right now.

Thanks to any and all for your feedback.
  • cox8884cox8884 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply...I might purchase tomorrow. Here are the details.
    $585 per month with taxes for 39 months with 15k per year
    57% Residual
    Sticker of $45,000 and change
    Negotiated price of $40,576.20
    Claims the money factor is .00116 but I did not see the figure. Please advise if you think this is a good deal because I felt it was pretty good. Thanks so much for the help.
    MSRP: $ 40,560
    Cap Cost: $ 36,999
    36 months, 12000 miles a year
    59% residual money factor: .00119
    $460.00/month
    $1160 due at lease signing

For:
    - Touring Package
    - Roof Rack Crossbars
    - Splash Guards
    - Cargo Area Cover

Pick up the car Monday.
    I am planning on leasing an FX 35, so far the lowest I have got the price quote is:

2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD equipped with Touring and Tech Packages with Trunk Mat and Splash Guards.
    MSRP $43060.
    Negotiated price $40,576.20 + tax + fee

But I wanna keep my monthly payment around $450.00

So here's my lease deal:

36 month @ 12,000 miles at $450 monthly with $3,810.62 in drive offs

Or

39 month @12,000 miles at $450 monthly with $3,104.88 in drive offs.

So what do you guys think? Is the drive off a little bit high? Please help? I am planning to close the deal these two days. Thanks!
    Couple of questions...

$450/month...does that include tax? What is the monthly lease payment without tax? What is your states tax rate?

Out of $3,810 drive off, how much is an actual down payment? If $3,810 is the complete downpayment, not including registration, taxes, first month, etc, your monthly rate should be around $410.00.

I would suggest 36 month over 39 month. In my opinion, December is always the best time to lease so try and have your next lease start in December as well.
  • philbrandnphilbrandn Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

I put a deposit down on a lease for a new 2005 AWD FX35 with both touring and technology packages. Also has splash guards and a few other things.

The deal is $1000 at signing and $544/month for 36 months, titled at a tax rate of 7.75%.

I do not have the other info in front of me, but I know the money factor was .00119. the MSRP was between 44,000-45,000 and the sale price was around 40,500 or so.

Does this sound like a good deal? I could have gotten it a bit cheaper had I gone with a model they had in stock with a black exterior, but I wanted a beryllium exterior model, and they had to ship it in so they charged me more.

What do you think? I put a $1000 deposit down to have them ship it in but I can back out at any time before signing.

Please let me know ASAP! Much appreciated!!

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi philbrandn. The lease money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate factor for this model right now. This is always a good sign. It looks like you are being given a reasonable discount on this truck as well, especially if the dealer that you are working with had to swap for yours. I just worked up a lease payment on this truck using Infiniti's actual lease program and assuming an MSRP of $44,500 and a selling price of $40,500 I came up with a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $487.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • riemu7riemu7 Member Posts: 13
    Just need some advice if this is a good lease deal:

2005 FX35 Touring, Black/Willow
    MSRP $40,650

Negotiated to 18,000 miles/year, 39 months, $2500 down, $457.02/month.

We didn't discuss any of the particulars in the formula (money factor, residual, etc.)

Just wondering what others' thought. It seems reasonable, however I think I can tweak some of the numbers (slightly more miles, less monthly payment). I put a lot of miles on my cars living in Detroit.
    Hi riemu7. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the FX that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on the lease that you were quoted if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man

What do you think of this lease offer:

2005 FX35 2WD

COMES WITH OPTIONS:
    - SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE
    - TOURING PACKAGE
    - TECH PACKAGE
    - SPLASH GUARDS
    - CARGO AREA PROTECTOR

MSRP: $44,610
    YOUR BEST OFFER PRICE (LEASE): $40,503
    YOUR BEST OFFER PRICE (PURCHASE): $39,543

LEASE TERM: 36 Month with 12,000 Miles per year
    BASE ON CREDIT SCORE 750+
    STATE TAX RATE 7.75%

$3,000 DRIVE OFF
    $506.93 PER MONTH (TAX INCLUDED)

Should I go for it? or what is your suggestion? Thanks!
  • larez2larez2 Member Posts: 1
    The vehicle you describe with those options has an MSRP including destination of $44,970, and an invoice price of $40,818. The price you are being quoted, $40,503 is good, it looks under invoice to me. There is a $1000 incentive cash for purchases only - that's why the it's $1000 less if you buy.

How much of the $3000 drive off is the "Capital Reduction Cost"? My guess is $1851.50.

I calculated the lease payment with the MSRP you gave and a Capital Cost of 38,651.50 (the 40,503-1851.50 capital reduction). The lease payment you were quoted is inline with the current 36 month 12k miles FX35 2wd lease offer. 53% residual, and .00086 money factor.

Car_Man advises against putting money down. There are several reason for this, the main one is, let's say you lease it, and the car somehow gets totalled. Your insurance company will pay off the vehicle directly to infiniti, and give you nothing. And you're out $3k.

If you did zero drive off I calculated a payment of $599.50 including tax/month for that vehicle. A difference of $3348 over the life of the lease, but you get to keep your $3k now.

Good Luck,
    Larez2
  • jocko1jocko1 Member Posts: 4
    Can someone please tell me what kind of discount I should expect to receive when purchasing a demo? I negotiated a for 2005 FX AWD with touring and tech for $500 below invoice (on a lease). The salesperson then told me about the exact vehicle with just over 5,000 miles. He told me he would knock off $2,000.00 off the price if I took it. I don't know what to do. Note that this is for a lease so as I understand, the factory to dealer cash doesn't apply. Please let me know.
  • gmsalvationgmsalvation Member Posts: 6
    I just received a quote for a 2005 FX35 and was wondering what you guys think. I am looking at a 05 because I can get a better deal than a new 06.

2005 FX35 AWD w/Touring, XM, roof rails, splash guards, and cargo mat.

Lease length: 39 months
    Miles: 15,000/year
    MSRP: $40,960
    Cap cost: $37,784
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: .00082
    Due at signing: $1274.83 (includes 1st payment, license, title, doc fee, bank fee and tax).

Total payment: $488.63 (includes 6% MI tax)

What do you guys think? The dealer says this is $300 over invoice and is what is being offered to employees.
    Hi mark625. The selling prices that you were quoted for this truck look very attractive to me. That down payment that you are being asked for is a little high though. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your FX35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. At lease signing, all you have to pay on this vehicle right now are its first month's payment and Infiniti Financial Services' $550 lease acquisition fee (it is waiving its security deposit requirement on all models this month).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gmsalvation. I guess that you apparently are not GM's salvation if you're buying an Infiniti instead of a Cadillac :P . The selling price that you were quoted for the FX35 that you are interested in looks very attractive. It is right around dealer invoice, just as you were told. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' base lease program for this model as well. If you like the FX35, I don't see any reason not to go ahead with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    Carman,

What are the lease numbers for the 2006 FX45. I'm looking at either a 24, 36 or 39 month lease.
  • ryo998ryo998 Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

I am going to be moving from New York to Los Angeles in a week and am interested in leasing a '05 FX35. Specifically, I am looking for a '05 FX35 2WD with touring and technology packages for a 36 or 39 mo. lease. Carsdirect.com quoted the car's MSRP as 42,810 and its lowest price as 37,904. According to cars.com, the dealer's invoice for this car is 39,004.

First of all, is 37,904 a good price? Should I just go through Carsdirect.com to complete the transaction? If you have any experiences with them, please share.

Or do you think I should use this price as a starting point to negotiate with local dealerships?

I know that money factor and residual value also play important role in determining my monthly payment. Are these also negotiable or are they pretty much set in stone? What is a good money factor and residual value that I should be looking for when I talk to the dealers?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael
  • gmsalvationgmsalvation Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Carman! I ended up going with this deal but was able to talk down the due at signing to $650. :)
  • ryo998ryo998 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if Infiniti still has $1500 marketing support to the dealers for '05 FX35s? It's only supposed to run until 1/31/06.
  • jstebjsteb Member Posts: 1
    Just got the following numbers in an email from local dealer on lease money factors and residuals:

FX35
    24 month = .00297 (68% residual)
    *36 month = .00189 (57% residual)

FX45
    24 month = .00272 (66% residual)
    36 month = .00164 (55% residual)

*The 36 month on the FX35 is quite attractive. This is a special rate which is rare for Infiniti to offer on a newly released vehicle.

Are these figures in line with what you are seeing in the market right now? If not, can you please provide an update on February values. Thanks a million!
  • birdbirdbirdbird Member Posts: 63
    I don't see anything listed at edmunds.com for the Infiniti M35x under leasing incentives right now. Yet, you say there is a deal going on now? Can somebody check on this?
  • wantanewonewantanewone Member Posts: 2
    What is realistic to expect in terms of a discount off MSRP for a 2006 FX35? I've been offered a paltry $500 off, but I know they've got at LEAST a $4100 profit built in to the MSRP, and that's not even counting holdbacks and Mfr. incentives.

The lease rates offered were pretty decent, I think with the following quote:

36 Mo. lease: 59% residual, .001930 money factor

42 Mo. lease: 55% residual, .00200 factor

48 Mo. lease: 50% residual, .00223 factor

All leases require $1000 down payment and include 12,000 miles yr.

How does that sound? What are chances of getting one of these 2006 models for $1000 over invoice in the next couple of months?
  • willieewilliee Member Posts: 8
    Hello Carman:

Can you provide the lease money factor and residual for an 2006 Infiniti FX 35 AWD for 36 months / 15,000?

Thanks!!!!
    Hi jimity. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX45 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00175 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00164 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00199 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Michael. I see that you are escaping all of that snow and headed to sunny California. Lucky you :). When negotiating your lease on the 2005 Infiniti FX35 that you are interested in, make sure to keep in mind that there is currently $3,000 dealer cash available on it. This cash is compatible with it leases through Infiniti Financial Services. As a result, you should be able to get this truck for well below dealer invoice. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business, and Los Angeles certainly qualifies, I suspect that you will probably be able to do even better than the $1,100 under invoice that you have been quoted. This is especially true now that the 2006 FXs are out and dealers are trying to clear their leftover 2005 models off of their lots. For more feedback on how much you should pay for the vehicle that you want, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Vehicles' money factors and residual values are set by banks. Individual dealers do not have any authority to alter vehicles' residual values, but banks do usually allow them to "mark-up" vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what the lease program should be like for the model that you want prior to visiting any dealers. If you were to lease an '05 Infiniti FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00265 and 48%. Interestingly, Infiniti's lease program for this model varies by region this month. Its lease program for it is much more attractive on the East Coast than it is on the West Coast. It would be much less expensive for you to lease it in New York right now, but it might now be worth the trouble of driving it or having it transported across the entire country.

Car_man
    Host
    That's great gmsalvation. Congratulations on your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    You're in luck, ryo998. For the month of February, Infiniti doubled its dealer cash on the 2005 FX35 to $3,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jsteb. It is true that Infiniti is providing a special lease program on the new 2006 FX35 and FX45. If you were to lease a 2006 FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00221 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00189 and 57%, respectively. If you were to lease an '06 FX45 the numbers should be .00175 / 66% and .00164 / 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi birdbird. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing Infiniti FX models, but I can tell you that Infiniti is providing lease support on the M35 AWD this month. If you have specific questions about this special lease program, stop by the M35 leasing discussion and let me know.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wantanewone. I'm not surprised that Infiniti dealers are not anxious to discount the 2006 FX. Dealers usually try to hold onto grosses for as long as possible on new or redesigned models. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 2006 Infiniti FX right now, but you may be able to get an idea by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, the money factors and residual values that you were quoted are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current program, which is always a good sign.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, williee. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00193 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • txcurtistxcurtis Member Posts: 7
    Car man,
    I am hoping you can help me estimate payments on a 2006 FX 35. We would want a 36 or 39 month lease (whichever is typically more favorable) with 15K per year. The sticker price is $42,300 and lets assume a sale price of 39,500. If i rolled everything into the payment and put nothing down, what would the payments look like. Also,is there typically a time during the year when the lease rates or rebates become more attractive on the current 2006s? We are not in a hurry so we can wait until later in the year if that would help us.

Thanks,
    curtis
  • lzr1lzr1 Member Posts: 1
    I've been quoted $41,911 on 06 FX 35 with touring, sport, hands-free, & technology packages, including window tint & pinstriping.

The lease terms for 42-mo, 15K are: 54% residual & .00265 money factor.

Would greatly appreciate advice on whether pricing and lease terms are appropriate!

Thanks!
    lzr
  • lv2motrlv2motr Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

I got a quote for FX45 : $51,500 online price with $750 month payment month. $2800.00 due at signing. 15K miles yr. Would this fall in line with your money factors and residual you quoted jimity. Payment seems high to me as I had a Hummer H2 lease $597 month, 3000 down and 52,000 sticker.
  • heather7heather7 Member Posts: 5
    Our local dealer has an advertised internet price of $33880 for a 2005 FX35 AWD w/ touring pkg. I'd like to have the tech package but I don't think it's in our budget.

Is this a good deal?

What are the current incentives being offered?

We want to lease and keep our payments under $400/mo. including tax. Is this possible with no money down? What are the current lease rates for a 36 or 39 month lease with no money down? We live in MN if that makes a difference.

We are going to the dealer tomorrow night to take a test drive. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • heather7heather7 Member Posts: 5
    They came back with a monthly lease at around $600/mo. It was a no money down deal but the lease rate was around 6% or .015. That's outrageous! That's about the same as a purchase rate.
  • rokum17rokum17 Member Posts: 18
    Car_man, do you have March numbers (residual, money factor, etc.) for FX35 AWD? I am looking for 36 months, 10,000 mi/yr.

Thanks,

--rokum
  • willieewilliee Member Posts: 8
    Car-man,

Thank-you very much for the information last month. This month I'm heading to the dealer and I want to make sure that I have all the up to date information.

I'm interested in leasing a 2006 FX35 2WD that has a MSRP of $46,500 and according to the Edmund's calculator a Cap Cost of $45,500. I wanted to lease it for 36 or 42 months at 15,000 miles. Can you provide me:

1. Lease factor rate used for March?
    2. The residual factor used for March?
    3. The monthly payment?
    4. What is Infiniti's Acquistion fee?

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate it.

Williee :)
  • ncsailingncsailing Member Posts: 3
    Car_Guy,

Looking for the March information for the 2006 Infiniti FX45.

Thanks.
  • gatorguy1gatorguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an 05 FX45 on Feb 28th. Sticker was 54k and change, settled on $47,900, After a couple of dealer add-ons, a 12k/yr, 24 mo lease was $681 with taxes. I thought it was a pretty decent deal.
  • stew24stew24 Member Posts: 28
    Maybe Car_Man is sick? ... No updates in a month to this forum.
    I'd be happy to help you out, Curtis. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD with an MSRP of $42,300 and a selling price of $39,500 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $540. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around $536. It is difficult to say whether Infiniti's lease program on this model will get any more attractive. As the model year progresses, vehicles' residual values naturally fall, making them more expensive to lease. Manufacturers usually increase their lease support on vehicles as this happens to help maintain the same lease payment. If a vehicle is not selling that well, they may increase their lease support by more than the amount that is required to make up for the drop in residuals to lower lease payments. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that Infiniti's lease program on the FX probably won't become much more attractive, but again this is just a guess.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lzr1. The lease money factor that you were quoted for this model is much higher than Infiniti Financial Services' current factor for it. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD through IFS right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00200 and 54%, respectively. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with its full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi heather7. It's difficult for me to give you my opinion on this deal without knowing what this model's full MSRP is. If you provide me with this number, I can use Infiniti's actual lease program to work up a lease payment on it as well. I highly doubt that you will be able to get anywhere near $400 a month with nothing down though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rokum. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00193 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, Williee. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 2WD through IFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00189 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00213 and 54%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $46,500, and a selling price of $45,500, I estimate that this car's 36 month payment should be around $664. The payment for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be around $636. IFS charges a base acquisition fee of $550 on all leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ncsailing. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this vehicle for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. If you were to lease an '06 FX45 through IFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00164 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new ride, gatorguy1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host