Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Carman:

Do you have the numbers for February on an FX35 AWD (MF and residual) for 36 and 39 month leases? Also, what incentives/lease programs are available for this month? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello fxsilver. Infiniti's January lease program is only scheduled to run through today, February 2nd. I will provide you with those numbers now. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or two and I will gladly give you an idea of what the new February program looks like.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00108 and 49%. The 48 month numbers are .00103 and 43%.

As far as the FX50 goes, IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of one with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 48%. The 42 month numbers are .00131 and 46%. The 48 month numbers are .00125 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi LASpurs. If I was in your situation, I definitely would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get something new. It just doesn't make sense to throw away $3,500...or even half of that to get a new vehicle.

The dealer's point about banks cutting back on leasing and the residual values of trucks dropping is a valid one...except for one small detail, it has already happened. I doubt that the lease programs that are available on SUVs will be significantly worse in six or seven months than they are today. Of course, it is impossible to say for certain what will happen, but the dealer was merely trying to create a false sense of urgency in you to get you to pull the trigger on a deal now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mroctober. To the best of my knowledge 10,000 miles per year is the lowest mileage allowance that Infiniti Financial Services publishes residual values for, but you might want to check with the dealer to find out for sure.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti's January lease program is only scheduled to run through today, February 2nd. I will provide you with those numbers now. Please feel free to check back with me in a day or two and I will gladly give you an idea of what the new February program looks like.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00109 and 51%.

The only cash incentive that is available on this vehicle right now is $2,000 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey, Carman... Do you have the updated program numbers for February? Thanks.
  • LASpursLASpurs Member Posts: 13
    Thanks very much for the answer carman, I really appreciate it. :)

I called IFS to see if there was any way I could get out of the lease early and into a new IFS lease but they were having none of it!

I'll wait a few months and pull the trigger then. I hope I'm able to get somewhere close to that lease special Infiniti was doing in January.

Fingers crossed! Thanks again!
  • nyalgaidinnyalgaidin Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Hi, can I get the buying and leasing incentives for February too? Thanks.
  • billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Greetings Car_man - Do you have the Feb numbers for the FX35 AWD with premium & Nav pkg- I'm loooking for the lowest rate for 10K miles or less and between 36-48 months.

Thanks !
    I sure do, hbo1ny. Its February program for the FX35 AWD is actually exactly the same as it was last month. Here it is again fofr your convenience:

"Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00109 and 51%.

The only cash incentive that is available on this vehicle right now is $2,000 loyalty cash."

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, LASpurs. Stop back in a few months when you're in the market for a new vehicle and let us know how everything is going.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nyalgaidin. Infiniti's February lease program and cash incentives for the 2009 FX35 are exactly the same as they were in January.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi billri. Here's the info that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00111 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00109 and 53%.

The 42 month numbers are .00108 and 51%.

The 48 month numbers are .00103 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Sorry - Posted this in the wrong forum: Here is a lease deal I was quoted at Santa Monica Infiniti:

2009 FX AWD w/ Premium, Navigation and Deluxe touring - MSRP: $51,435

They will lease the vehicle to me at invoice price $47,045 for 39 months. $1,725.00 due at signing. Monthly payment of $537.00 + tax. (totals $581.00 in my county)

I am not bothering to list the money factor, residual, etc. because they are using the latest programs offered by Infiniti which are listed here in a previous post. This includes the $2,000 customer loyalty discount since I am a current Infiniti lease holder.

Thoughts?
  • rkdiddyrkdiddy Member Posts: 45
    Hello,

Does anyone know the current lease rates for both the FX35 (rwd) and FX50?

24 months
    15k miles/year

Thanks! :shades:
    Thanks Car man - I ended up with the FX 35 premium/nav & w/o the Deluxe Touring & bigger tires. It turns out that the smaller standard tires make for MUCH softer ride & dealer says better in the snow. Unfortunately, they had to get it at the port, as most now come with Touring pkg. But ended up, with loyalty $2,000, leasing & putting another $2,000 down for everything (including last car $595 acquisition) , 10K 42 months $525.45 + tax. $46,000 base.
    Billri: Did you read my post (two up)? 39 month lease, less down, more car (includes deluxe) and same payment.

Which dealer did you go through?
    Hi Jayrandall - Thanks and saw your posting, but went for this for a few reasons. I actually could have had your same deal if I took an instock unit with Deluxe Touring, but the ride is much better with smaller tires & better in snow, so had to get one from the boat (new price). But actually our difference in down payment was $250, but over 39 months, you paid almost $400 more. The car is for the wife, who drives much less that 10K & doesn't like to turn them in often, so this worked the best. I got it at Inskip in Rhode Island. Also learned that Infinity is giving higher loyalty allowances on West coast than $2K here - maybe less freight, so if you're from CA, we're not comparable.
    Nice guy at dealer, if anyone wants to know, send me your email address.
    BillRi:

How am I paying $400 more than you? I have the same payment, and less months on my deal. And a smaller down payment.

How are you arriving at $400?

And yes, my deal is on the west coast with Santa Monica Infiniti.
    Hi Jayrandall: Sorry if I misled you on my response, because technically you got a better deal with the Deluxe Touring included, and as I've learned the deals are better out West. And I did see your posting before my final negotiations. The dealer actually had the white color we wanted in stock with the DT/NAV with old price, and I could have had it slightly less for $1,600 down & $535 for 39 months. But we really wanted it with Nav, but without DT because of the better ride, so dealer had to get it at the port with the new pricing Infinity just started last month (about $1,000 more).

My comment on $400 was that my monthly payment is $525, $12 less than yours, so during that 39 months that's about $468 verses the extra $250 I put down, and then I have 3 more payments, which is what we wanted.
    Hi rkdiddy. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Infiniti FX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 FX50 are .00135 and 49%.

The reason that I provided you with the numbers for 36 month leases of these trucks instead of 24 month leases is that Infiniti is no longer providing support on any two year leases. As a result, its money factor for 24 months is an atrocious .00315.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, billri. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Carman:
    I've been shopping for a new FX35 AWD and all the dealers are pushing 39 as opposed to 36 month leases. They claim the payments are vastly different between the two, but this makes no sense to me given that the money factors are .00111 and .00109, respectively. Is there really such a difference in payments when the money factors are so close or is there something else behind this push for a 39 month lease? Thanks.
  • navboynavboy Member Posts: 32
    I will lease a 2009 FX35, and have 2 questions:

1) What is the loyalty discount amount for California?

2) When I return my older FX35 (lease return), and lease a 2009 model, am I also entitled to another $500 discount? Or is this $500 only for excess wear/tear or excess mileage on the returned vehicle?
  • navboynavboy Member Posts: 32
    For a 2009 FX35, is there any difference is residual values for a 36 or 39 month lease? Any difference in money factors? (I will be leasing at 15k miles/year).
    Thanks!
  • archmodarchmod Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at leasing an FX35 AWD for 39 months at 15K miles per year. Are the residuals and money factors the same as February? Will the $2000 customer loyalty still be available?

Also, I am considering a RWD. Are the numbers different from the AWD.

Thanks
  • red_emronred_emron Member Posts: 10
    You sir are a FOOL!! If you go to a reputable dealer & tell the truth about what you need, they will not lie.
    Dealers are now scrutinized more than any other business group because of people like you. If you request ALL the info on the internet, the dealer either gives you the correct information or they don't. If worked at a car store & caught you recording me, I would throw you out of the dealership.
    Carman:

Do you have the March program numbers for an FX35 AWD, 15K miles, at 36 and 39 months? Please include money factor, residual and incentives/rebates, if any. Thanks.
  • fear_my_catzfear_my_catz Member Posts: 20
    All car dealers are CROOKS! One has to do whatever it takes to avoid being screwed by the dealerships. If it takes a voice recorder - so be it.
  • uffllaauffllaa Member Posts: 16
    OK Carman - So what do you think about this deal?

09 FX35 RWD w/ premium package - no navi or touring
    39 months - 15k miles
    sticker $44,310
    cap at $42,310
    money factor .00089
    residual 49%

payment $580/mo plus tax or a total of $614.00
    $2,495.00 out of pocket
    however, because im currently leasing another infiniti thru infiniti finance
    i'm also entitled to the $2k loyalty which is being offered,
    which would reduce my total out of pocket to $495.00 (includes first payment
    and inceptions...)

your thoughts?
    Hey, I don't think you need Carman to tell you that your deal is not very good for an FX w/out AWD and NAV.

See my post above. I have a lower payment and more car over 39 months. And only $1,750 out of pocket with 2k loyalty applied.

What dealer are you working with?
  • emestreemestre Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I need help obtaining Infiniti's March Lease figures. Before the end of Mach, I will be getting a RWD 2009 FX35 with Premium & Navigation. Where can I obtain these numbers, money factor, residual value? Also, how much can dealers usually negotiate the purchase price down???

I need the money factor and residual value numbers for the 36, 39 and 42 month leases with mileage of 10K & 12K, no down payment. Where can I obtain this information.

I got a quote from Warren Henry for $650 approximately, for a 39 month lease with 10K mileage. I think it is a bit excessive since i saw that the money factor in Feb for a 39 month lease with 15K was 0.00109% and residual of 51%. :mad:

Can someone please help?
  • dmcmdmcm Member Posts: 12
    I recently got an FX 35 with RWD with 15,000 for 39 months for 620 per month. I had out of pocket of approx. 2,000 which was mostly tag (750 and other BS charges such as doc fees etc). I would go in with an offer of invoice minus the 2,000 if you are an exitising leasee and work from there. You should be able to get your payment at 600 or less with very ltittle or nothing down.
    By the way I love the big wheels and the ride is so much better than the 2005 I had previously.
  • jxlxrjxlxr Member Posts: 61
    Deal just signed:

AWD/Deluxe/Nav/Touring/Cargo Org/Splash

Sticker 52,638
    Cost 48,569

39mo/15k per yr

635 mo

Residual 50% and MF was .00091

Paid taxes and normal fees up front. No cap cost reduction and no loyalty qualification.
    where was this? and what was your total out of pocket? thx
    I am in NY.

Out of pocket was approx. $3500 which inc. 8% tax, first month, bank fee, reg.
    I think your $3,500 out of pocket was a bit high. But you didn't get the 2k loyalty, so you had to make it up somewhere.
    Agreed. Since I was not eligible for the loyalty cash I had a higher out of pocket. Over 2000 was tax with bank fee and first month rounding out the majority of the rest.

I looked at most high end brands and there aren't too many decent leases out there any more so no complaints.
    So what color did you get? Interior and exterior?
    Hi hbo1ny. 39 month leases typically have slightly lower monthly payments than 36 month leases do. The main reason why this is the case is 39 month leases give lessees an additional three payments to spread out the large initial depreciation hit that new vehicles experience when they are driven off of the lot out over. Dealers don't really care how long you lease for, they are just trying to steer you towards the lowest monthly payment so that you are more likely to pull the trigger on a deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello navboy. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00091 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings archmod. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00091 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 FX35 RWD are .00089 and 49%. Yes, the $2,000 loyalty cash is still available on IFS leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00091 and 50%. Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on the '09 FX, other than the $2,000 loyalty offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uffllaa. A 2009 FX35 RWD with the Premium Package has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,000 dealer discount that you were quoted probably puts this truck's selling price at around $1,500 over dealer invoice. I personally would want a larger discount than that if I was in the market for an FX. Have you tried comparison shopping at all? I would not be surprised if you were able to shave another $500 to $1,000 off of this vehicle's price.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with IFS' buy rate for this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, emestre. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00088 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00089 and 50%. The 42 month numbers are .00088 and 48%.

This truck's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher.

Make sure to hop on over to the "Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion for feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new FX35, jxlxr. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Midnight Mocha with Java. Loving the color combo. I have always had black, silver, white, etc. and welcome the change.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    anymore than all my customers are liars.

I think you need a drink, and a nap
    I like the midnight mocha / java combo as well. Stylish. I went Blue Slate and Graphite.
    thanks carman! appreciate the advice. i'll give them another shot and see how much lower i can get them to go on the price of the car...

one other question, if you don't mind. they said that they'd apply the $2k loyalty to the out of pocket that they quoted me of $2,495 - meaning that my actual out of pocket would be $495 - however, is it better that I use the $2k to lower the price of the car or does it not make a difference other than my choosing either a lower out of pocket v lower monthly payment? not sure if i would benefit more by
    choosing one option over the other...