Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• carfanatikcarfanatik Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everybody.....in the process of a leasing a 2009 FX 35 RWD.........does anyone know the current residual and money factors for May 2009....i'm planning 15K miles for either a 36 or 39 month term. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • sananasanana Member Posts: 14
    Hi. I kind of have this urgent question. Fx is the first car that I will be leasing (owning to be exact) in my life. So I got some info from these forums and had an idea for a lease. Then I went for a test drive today and the salesman put me on the spot that what would be the deal that you would take the car today. I had some numbers from TMV and some MF and residuals ready. So I just said 675 per month for a nav and delux Turing and he seemed positive. It was weird! so I said that I come by tomorrow. Do you feel that with 1000 down this sounds reasonable? :confuse: I would really appreciate any reponse. This WA btw
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Check the dealer offerings on swapalease to see if your deal makes sense. You can call the leasing companies who list and request a quote for the exact car you want -- ask for zero down -- 36 months -- 10 or 12k per year. The lease assumptions posted by individuals are listed first -- not very attractive. Let us know how it goes.
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
    Hi, I just leased an FX. I'm from WA too. The best deal I got after a lot of back and forth was 626 + tax...for Premium, nav, deluxe, touring, 2500 down and 2000 loyalty rebate. The dealer is not willing to use IFS money factor. So I called off and leased one from CA. This is my deal Premium, Nav, Deluxe Touring, Ill Kick plates, Tow, Splash, Cargo etc., selling price 48500, 2500 down, 2000 rebate, IFS money factor and residuals for 39 mon/15000 miles. I'm extremely happy with the decision and the car is a blast to drive.. :) Hope this helps.
    Hi jayrider. Thanks for the info. I thought swapalease was a website to get into the middle of a lease. Can it be helpful even when I am getting a new lease?
    Hi coolguy8157,
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure as I was reading your reply. the 626 that you said was from CA not WA, right?
    Lots of new cars for lease. For instance. I saw an 09 Audi Q7 offered for $535 -36 month-10k.Zero down. Called and if I was ready to go was offered the same deal for the premium with roof and extras. Of course its in NYC but that gives you an idea of what is possible. After you get to the site click on search and enter the fx 35 -09 and hit search on the bottom. Scroll thru til you get to the dealers and check each one. Most of the low prices have $ down so keep looking. Good luck.
  • maverick09maverick09 Member Posts: 1
    Can you folks please tell me if this is a good deal or not. I'm new to leasing so would like your help.
    I'm looking at a 2009 FX35 AWD w/ Premium and Nav., Roof Rial, Cargo Org, Splash Guards.

Don't qualify for the 2K loyalty.

MSRP = $50360
    Invoice = $46137
    Sell price = $46200
    39 month lease at $579/mo with Total fees = $2500 out of pocket incl. Tax + registration in NJ (~$311 for 4 yrs)

Looking to buy now.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Maverick09
  • texfiretexfire Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can anyone explain how dealer tax credits can be used to decrease the cost of your lease? That's what a dealer is saying they'll do on my proposed lease.

Also, do money factors vary by anything more than model? Do they vary by the length of the lease? or by a vehicle having a sports package?

Anyone know the money factors for may? I'm looking at a fx50 with sport/tech if that helps..

Thanks so much!

chris
    You are eligible for a sales tax credit on your federal income tax. That is your money. Don't know what the dealer tax credit is. If the sales tax is 3k then you can deduct that next april. It effectively reduces your lease but has nothing to do with the dealer.
  • breesbrees Member Posts: 8
    hi Jayrandall - so after all the back and forth i decided to buy the FX 35 2009 the sales person is offering me prem/nav/tech @ 49,998 MSRP final price- 42000 +do you think this is a good deal?
    thanks for all your help.
  • flowergirl7flowergirl7 Member Posts: 2
    I own an Infiniti FX35 2003. I want to sell it, but I don't have the time to sell. Any suggestions?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    so, i assume you don't want another vehicle, taking away the possibility of trading it. In which case you can go sell it to Carmax, for instance, or pretty much any dealer who is willing to buy it. Other than Carmax, I would try an Infiniti dealer first, of course. You won't get nearly as much as selling yourself, but that's the penalty for not having the time.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• flowergirl7flowergirl7 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response, very helpful.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    no problem. good luck.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi carfanatik. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00072 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Maverick09. Since you don't qualify for the $2,000 loyalty cash, the selling price that you were quoted on this truck looks like an excellent deal to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using the .00074 buy rate lease money factor that is currently available on this truck to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man, and thanks for all the info you provide on these forums.
    I was wondering whether I can get the MF and residual values info for the Infiniti FX50 on longer lease terms like 42 or 48 months for 12K miles per year? Is there a general rule that we can use to convert 36 or 39 terms into these longer ones?
    I think it might worth taking a look at these longer options payment-wise as the initial warranty is for 4 years.
    Can I also get the same numbers for FX35 too??
    Thank you!
  • gedalneilgedalneil Member Posts: 16
    2009 FX35 / Navigation / Deluxe Touring / Premium
    10,000 Miles / 39 month lease
    $0 Down
    $2,000 Loyalty
    $52,050 negotiated price
    $625 a month (Taxes included 8.375%)

I honestly do not think there is anything better. Please prove me wrong. I am currently paying $504 on my 2007 FX on the 27 month lease, so the new premium is killing me.

Thank you
  • socal_buysocal_buy Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have a 2007 FX35 with payments at $490 a month...looking to get a '09 FX35 Nav / Premium (no touring) and getting quoted around $580. I was quoted $610 if I wanted to add touring (and I'm in socal so tax is 9.25%).
  • jacksonvillejacksonville Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    We just purchased a new 2009 FX35 and are looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code to team-up for the Amex gift card incentive. Infiniti is currently offering a reward program, kind of referral reward. It is a $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.
    Infiniti will send you a $150.00 owner recommendation rewards card (AMEX)

Please send me an email to oldsmarflorida@hotmail.com the following info:

Owner redemption code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks
    You're very welcome, sanana. Here's the specific info that you are looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2009 FX50 with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00113 and 41%.

The numbers for a 42 month 12k lease of an '09 FX35 AWD are .00078 and 48%. The 48 month numbers for this truck are .00089 and 43%.

Manufacturers' lease program for longer terms don't vary from their programs for shorter terms by a specific amount. The difference can be all over the place.

Car_man
    Host
  • eetjweetjw Member Posts: 2
    Went to the Infinity dealer (South Bay) today and got the following quote, I'm new to leasing so had some difficulty understanding whether the offer was agrressive or not.

AWD Premium and Nav was quoted at 47,042 after doc fee and bank fee. and cap reduction was 1142 bringing the net cap to 45,900.

my final calculation was 39 months, 10k per year, 2,500 due on delivery and 628.7 per month (rent and tax included)

For buying, they have 8,000 off by the way. Can I negotiate a better net cap? will a 12k per year package cost much more? What will a 36 nonth lease do to the monthly payments?

Thanks
  • gedalneilgedalneil Member Posts: 16
    Not sure if you received the loyalty program ($2,000 value if you own or lease an Infiniti now). I think your cost is still a bit high though. With just Premium and Navigation and 10,000 miles, you should be able to get that payment down $20 more month. I will let car guy chime in.
  • gmsmithgmsmith Member Posts: 6
    I might go back and push the deal a little bit. I am getting a 2009 FX, Premium/Nav/AWD for 39 months, 15k/mo for $590 (VA tax + rental). Drive off is $1233. Just waiting for the FX to get off the boat.

MSRP: $50,200 (or close)
    CAP: 45,200 (I think, or close to it)
    MF: .00074
    Miles: 15k
    Residual: was ridiculously low
    Due on Delivery/Drive off: $1200

I am actually buying from a dealer in NY.
  • gameboy213gameboy213 Member Posts: 7
    Here is what I am getting in SoCal. Seems to be the best I have seen out here.

2009 FX 35 AWD Prem, Nav, Deluxe
    39 months

MSRP 52595.00
    CAP 48229.00
    Rate 0.00074
    Residual 50%

$2,500 out of pocket Plus $2,000 loyalty
    Monthly $589.76 including CA tax

Thoughts?
  • lacucina_cheflacucina_chef Member Posts: 10
    i been keeping a a close eye in here to see what other ppl are getting for deals and i m bit concern, almost two years ago i got a steal on my 2008 fx35 but the new fx is running a bit pricer than what i want. i m looking for 39 month lease 10k per year about 1500 out of pocket! well equip like i have now. my current payment are 489.90 including tax per month. yes........................ thats a steal!!!! fire away.i m from massachusetts, what others folks from mass are getting for deals? :mad:
  • bluidemarybluidemary Member Posts: 1
    Went to dealer yesterday (in Mass.) Here's what they offered...initially: Based on other posts, I'm not really thrilled.

Please provide help on what to come back with as I only have a few days to get off the dime Thanks!

2009 AWD FX35
    18K mi. lease, 39 mon.
    Premium Pack., Deluxe tires, Nav.
    MSRP $53,260
    Sell $49,534
    $ Factor - .00124
    Residual - 47%
    $3822 (inc. tax, fees, reg.) down less $2000 loyalty = $1822
    (I know I need to ask that the $2k goes against sell price)
    Payment = $698/mon.
  • gameboy213gameboy213 Member Posts: 7
    Since I haven't heard a reply, I'm guessing this is a good deal..

Here is what I am getting in SoCal. Seems to be the best I have seen out here.

2009 FX 35 AWD Prem, Nav, Deluxe, cross bars, splash, illum kickplaytes
    39 months

MSRP 52595.00
    CAP 48229.00
    Rate 0.00074
    Residual 50%

$2,500 out of pocket Plus $2,000 loyalty
    Monthly $589.76 including CA tax
  • lacucina_cheflacucina_chef Member Posts: 10
    hi car man with the two packaged i picked the car came around 49k, im not sure how much are they giving in discount but the dealer that i m working with it are pretty eager to lease me a car, plus i have giving them two new costomer since my lease with them. what do u think , 1500 out of pocket, 39 month, 12k per year, my current lease 489 per month two year lease with only 2000 out of pocket.
  • mikumiku Member Posts: 2
    My deal that I got:

MSRP: $48585 (FX35, prem, nav, splash, cargo)
    Base Cap: $44,800
    Doc Fee: $489
    Acq Fee: $595
    Tag: $69
    MF: 0.00072
    Resd: 50% ($24,292)
    Term: 39 month - 10kmile/yr

With $2000 lease loyalty, final cap cost: $43,953
    Payment: $569/month (w/tax)
    Due at Signing: $630 (includes first month's payment and $60 tax on loyalty money)
  • ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    I still have an unredeemed Infiniti redemption reward.

For more information, please look below:

http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Let me know if anyone is interested.
  • blueslate09blueslate09 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have recently purchased a new 2009 FX35 in New Jersey and am looking to team-up for Infiniti reward program.
    If it still available, please send me an email to rjeremic@juno.com with the following info:

Owner redemption code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks
  • steven3310steven3310 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just purchased a new 2009 G37 and looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code to team-up for the Amex gift card incentive. Infiniti is currently offering a reward program: $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.

Infiniti will send you a $150.00 owner recommendation rewards card (AMEX) Please send me an email to stevenusa@gmail.com the following info: Owner redemption code VIN First Name Last Name Street address City State Zip Code
    Thanks
  • govedoogovedoo Member Posts: 1
    I also just bought an FX35. If anyone has an unredeemed gift card code, please let me know so we can team up. govedoo at aol dot com.
  • blackoutgblackoutg Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I just recently purchased and am interested in redeeming the amex reward card. If you have a promotion code please email me. Thank you

dasani85 at gmail dot com
  • gmsmithgmsmith Member Posts: 6
    The Infiniti Reward has expired? I am picking up my FX 35 on Monday...if anyone wants to team up on the reward card and it hasn't expired, let me know.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Hey Gameboy - I haven't been on here for awhile, I still think your deal looks good. Did you ever pull the trigger? - jayrandall
  • nitrous2nitrous2 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when the 2010 FX35 models are expected to hit the showrooms?
    Anyone know what exterior colors will be offered???
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Here is a deal I was offered outside Philadelphia..

2009 FX35 AWD
    MSRP: 49,990
    Sale Price: 45,100
    Down Payment: $3500
    Capitalized Cost: 41,600
    Residual is $23,500
    Term: 39 Months
    Mileage: 10,000

Payment: $492/month + Tax

This seems like an outstanding deal to me, but if you could just verify for me, I'd appreciate it.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • cassy1028cassy1028 Member Posts: 8
    Help car man...So Im in the process of negotiating a deal on an FX35 and EX35 and think I should be getting a better deal since I'm leasing 2 vehicles at once, north jersey area
    FX35 Premium and Nav. MSRP 49665
    Cap 44338
    Resid 24982
    39 months
    4000 down (less $2000 loyalty incentive)
    $588/month
    termination of current lease (3 months) and $500 credit milage/excess wear

EX35 Premium and Nav...MSRP 42265
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893
    39 mos
    4000 down
    $443/month

Is this good deal on either or both?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    The first 2010 FX should arrive in late October. I know they will have Black Obsidian, Moonlight White, Blue Slate, Platinum Graphite, Liquid Platinum, and Umbria Twilight - not sure if Mojave Copper and Midnight Mocha will still be offered. :D
    Hi cassy1028. Let's take a look at these deals. The 2009 FX35 that you are interested in has a dealer invoice price of $45,628. Is the capitalized cost that you mentioned this vehicle's gross capitalized cost before the down payment is being taken into account or its net cap cost after the down payment. If you're talking about just the straight selling price before the deduction of the down payment, this is a killer deal. The cap cost that you were quoted is below invoice. If the down payment is being taken into account, then this deal is around $700 over invoice, which still isn't bad.

The 2009 EX35 that you described probably has a spread of around $3,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The cap cost that you were quoted is way below that. The dealer must be taking the down payment of $3,500 ($4,000 - $500 loyalty) into account here. Even so, this deal still appears to be below invoice, which is excellent.

Other than the fact that you should go with zero down leases rather than making down payments, I personally don't see anything wrong with pulling the trigger on these deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • the_dude1the_dude1 Member Posts: 6
    My 2006 FX35 awd lease will be expiring shortly and I would like another. What would be a good lease rate for the following vehicle 12k miles/yr 36 or 39 month ?

FX35 AWD black w/premium package $46,815
  • moahmoah Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone.

Recently, I purchased G37 Journey Sedan in a SF bay area.
    Does anyone still have unredeemed reward number? Then could you share it?
    The redemption reward will give you $150.

My email address is moah.kim at gmail dot com.

Thank you!
    --Youngjin
  • rubinstein7rubinstein7 Member Posts: 9
    Car Man- What are the Sept. money factors and residuals for the 2009 FX-35 AWD
    for 36 and 39 month leases with 15,000 miles per year mileage allowance. I plan to lease one soon.
  • HardC0d3rHardC0d3r Member Posts: 4
    This is a response to the EX deal
    "
    EX35 Premium and Nav...MSRP 42265
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893
    39 mos
    4000 down
    $443/month
    "

I am a newbie, and trying to understand this stuff from a cost basis.
    The EX figures are all off in my perception.

If the figures are right, you are paying $17000 for financing $7000 over 39 months. If I were presented these figures by the dealer, I would possibly pay the whole difference (cap-residual) up front with my credit card since i have %7.5 APR :) lol

The way that i look into the EX deal is this:

IMHO, their capitalization value above is not really true at least for residual value calculations.

$2863 is the price below MSRP that you are getting, so your Capitalization should read = $39402

39*$443 = $17277 + $4000 = $21277 is what goes out of your pocket in 39 months...

If you are paying $21277, your residual value should be somewhere north of (excluding the financing costs for 16K over 39 months) = $18125 (+ the financing cost that you will incur)...

The residual value figure that they have there for the EX is pretty off...

Either the residual value is %46 ($18125) and you are getting %0 percent, or the residual is %50 ($19701) and you are paying $1576 for financing $16K over 39 months.Or somewhere in between.

BTW, at the end, both does not seem so bad to me. So the numbers may be off, but the deal you are getting does not seem too bad . since %50 seems to be the residual that other individuals have posted, I would probably go with this. Any additional discounts that you can get on the price will lower your financing costs.

Again, if they show this figures to me, I'd say, OK, I am paying up front all the cap-residual and save myself a good $10K, lol.

But what do i know?
    ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Cap 34959
    resid 27893

You aren't financing $7000... you are financing the average of $34959 and $27893... Or... about $30,400...

Monthly depreciation + monthly finance charges = pre-tax lease payment

Even if you pay the entire depreciaton up front, you would still have monthly finance charges on the residual amount ($27893).

A lease is a lot like a mortgage loan... with an option to turn it in for the balance owed at the end of the lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi rubinstein7. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00056 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rubinstein7rubinstein7 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Car man. What would be the money factor and residual for an FX-35 AWD with a 42 month lease at 15,000 miles per year?