Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• ttran876ttran876 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote from the dealer today same car& options like u but I got 39/15k and 1400 down n 610 monthly with tax and they took my 08 g35 lease in 2 month early that 900 dollars
  • jc2010fxjc2010fx Member Posts: 7
    you have a loyalty rebate i assume for your g35 - thats worth at least $50 per month.that would put us roughly equivalent on the monthly payments. You get 3K extra miles and they took back your lease, so sounds like you got a good deal. i'm pretty sure I did also, based on the edmunds lease calculator, but looking for more opinions. I went to 3 dealers and I think I pretty much had them at the lowest point they could get.
  • shooter43shooter43 Member Posts: 6
    Los Angeles... MIller Infiniti
  • bostonkybostonky Member Posts: 3
    Here's the deal I got in the Boston area:

2010 FX35 AWD with Navigation, Premium, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo area protector and organizer and first aid kit. Color is Midnight Mocha. I did have $2,000 loyalty cash applied.

MSRP
    $50,240.00

Cap Cost.
    $43,472.46 (actually $42,579.46 + $298 doc fee + $595 acq. fee rolled in)

Residual
    $26,124.00 (52%)

Term
    39 months

Money Factor

Miles

Total payment: $540.88 (pre-tax) and $574.68 (including tax).

Total payment with 9 security deposits: $508.13

Total payment with $4,766.03 down and 9 security deposits: $375.85.

Total cash to table:

$4,766.03 down payment
    $ 297.88 tax on down payment
    $4,500.00 (9) security deposits
    $ 100.00 DMV registration fee
    $ 375.86 first monthly payment
    $10,039.77

Cash to table would be $475.86 with no money down and no security deposits.

Cash to table would be $4,975.86 with no money down, but paying 9 security deposits.

To answer you question about the security deposits. We've done it two leases in a row. We highly recommend it. Each additional security deposit pays down they money factor by 0.0001 and is entirely refundable at lease end assuming you don't have excess damage to the car. We opted to put down the maximum 9 additional security deposits (actually 10 total, 1 acts a as a "base") to pay down the money factor to 0.00048. Our resulting interest rate was very low at 1.152%.

Hope that helps. :)
  • ttran876ttran876 Member Posts: 4
    That's a lot of money to put out up front. The less of the money put out is good in my book but thank you for all your help I'll be pick up my FX35 this Saturday thank again
  • jc2010fxjc2010fx Member Posts: 7
    any info on feb Money Factor on FX35 AWD with Nav/Premium? 39 months?
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Member Posts: 16
    Car Man or anyone for that matter, How exactly does the marketing support dollars work? I'm interested in a FX and would be able to get in on the loyalty money ($2000) but there is also $4000 in marketing support according to edmunds. Can I get all of those dollars? I also get VPP pricing, so I'm thinking I could get out of my 08 G35 lease and into a FX lease for about the same money.

Thanks!
  • mckele1mckele1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi carman
    Im looking to lease a fx35 and saw the website ad, is this a good deal, any info would be helpful sorry for pasting the whole ad. thankyou for your knowledge on leasing cars.
    Kevin

$3,999 INITIAL PAYMENT REQUIRED AT CONSUMMATION. (INCLUDES $3,440 CONSUMER DOWN PAYMENT, $559 FIRST MONTH PAYMENT). 2010 FX35 AWD w/Premium & Navigation Packages subject to availability to well qualified customers who lease through Nissan-Infiniti LT. Subject to Credit Approval. MSRP $49,515 incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $44,245 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Retailer contribution may affect actual price set by Retailer. Monthly payments total $21,801.00. At lease end, purchase for $26,242.95, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.20 per mile for mileage over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition Fee due at termination of lease. See participating Retailer for details. Offer ends 03/01/2010. Supplies of vehicle may be limited in some regional areas. Retailer inventory varies.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, casp80.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello jc2010fx. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey infinitiluv. On a lease, you would be eligible for the $2,000 loyalty cash incentive. However, you would not be able to take advantage of the $4,000 dealer cash. It is not compatible with IFS' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, Kevin. There's nothing wrong with pasting the entire ad here. Someone else might actually find it helpful.

Like most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments, I suspect that Infiniti's official ad for the FX35 leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate a lower selling price on the vehicle that they want than the one that was used to calculate the advertised payment.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the FX that you want and then have the dealer that you choose to go with calculate your truck's payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajmackxajmackx Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere in this thread:

What is the residual % on a 39 month 10k / year lease?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

ajmackx
  • mcsnappymcsnappy Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 FX35 AWD & received the following quote. I'd appreciate any feedback as to whether this seems like a good deal or not:

Options:
    Deluxe Touring package
    Premium package
    Nav package

Details:
    MSRP $52,420.00
    Sale Price $48,420.00
    Rate .0018
    Residual 52%
    Allowed Miles per year 12K
    Acqusition fee $595.00
    Doc Fee $99.00
    state taxes $1,452.60
    Adjusted residual $27,258.40

No money down
    monthly payment $698.94

I'll be returning an existing Infiniti lease so I'm hoping that I can apply an additional $2k loyalty cash to reduce the cap cost even more.

Thoughts?
  • mcsnappymcsnappy Member Posts: 2
    Also I'm wondering if it's standard practice for dealers to pad the money factor on a lease as a way to add profit. It seems that the quotes I'm getting all have higher money factors than the current IFS rate.
  • gatordent2007gatordent2007 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I just leased the basically the same car, except in florida he told me there was no AWD, basically 1000 less msrp. But i also had loyalty cash, and i think i got a decent deal. I based my target payment based on info from this board as to what people were paying so i didnt concentrate so much on the exact numbers but more on the money down and monthy payment numbers. I also dealt previously with the same salesman in Tampa. Here is the deal i got:
    2010 FX35 RWD w/ prem, nav, deluxe touring
    Black/Wheat
    Total out of pocket $1000 (which includes first months payment)
    39 months/ 10K miles
    629/ month tax included
    So basically 371 down to cover any of their "fees"
    Also got them to tint the front two windows at no charge

All in all, i think i did OK.
    Here's your answer, ajmackx. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00138 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Car_Man,

I have a lease deal on the table for a 2010 Infiniti EX35 AWD with AVM-Navi, Premium and Technology Package. No 18" wheels though. I've just been emailing back and forth with the guy, but here's what I know...

MSRP $45,075.00
    Sale price $765 over invoice (whatever that is)
    .00138 MF
    54% Residual
    39 month lease
    12K miles per year
    $1,500 drive off check
    $550 a month which includes 7% tax

Is there some sort of incentive on the AWD models that I haven't read about? The quotes I've been getting all seem better than the RWD models. This particular lease sounds too good to be true.
    Hey timmboj. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. They're right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program for this model.

The selling price that you were quoted, $765 over invoice, seems reasonable as well.

If you like the EX, I personally don't see any reason not to go for this deal. Just make sure that the selling price that the dealer uses to calculate your monthly payment really is $765 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how many months/days early you can turn your Infiniti lease in if you are going to lease another Infiniti? I am anxious to get out of my current Infiniti and into an FX35. :confuse:
    Hi bignasty1. To the best of my knowledge, Infiniti is not currently running an official early lease termination program. It is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases early without one. How many months do you have left on your current lease?

Car_man
    Host
  • killerred2010killerred2010 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 FX35 this month (March). The MSRP is $48515 Prem/Nav RWD and am looking for a good deal. 36 month lease, 12,000 miles per year. Can anyone advise the following:

Discount off MSRP (have an 07 now to turn in)
    Money Factor Rate
    Residual Percentage

Thanks in advance!
  • rassaleyrassaley Member Posts: 1
    I currently have the following quote on a lease for a FX35 with Tech and Premium. MSRP is $50,210. Selling price is $44,835 plus doc fee of $150, plus sales tax.

No money down, no trade in. Frist Payment only.

36 months, 15,000/ year, $689/ mo. plus sales tax, Residual $27,113. or
    39 months, 15,000/year, $679/mo. plus sales tax, redisual $26,109.

Is this a fair deal?

Thank you,
  • vinehillvinehill Member Posts: 10
    I didn't think you could get the Tech Package without adding Deluxe Touring Package ($2,650 MSRP) and Nav ($2800 MSRP.)
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    You are correct.
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    I'm looking for current money factor, residual value, and loyalty cash (or other incentives) on a 24-month and a 36-month lease of a new 2010 FX50 w/technology pkg, illuminated kick plates, cargo organizer, splash guards, alarm impact sensor, first aid kit, black obsidian exterior, wheat interior, and NO sport pkg. Thank you for any information you may have!
    Here's the information that you're looking for. You definitely do not want to lease this truck for 24 months, Nissan is no longer providing support on two year leases.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX50 with 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • cityboy2cityboy2 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man,
    Is this a nationwide deal, or just in Calif.?
    Also, for 10K/y 36 mo., I assume, the MF is the same, but what would be the residual? are there any incentives for this model?
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    I am looking at leasing a 2010 FX35 AWD. What are the current residuals and money factors for the month of April? Last I checked they were 53% and .00138, but I wanted to be certain before I go to the dealer. Can the dealer 'adjust' these rates if they wanted to or is it something that is set and I won't have to worry about??? Also, if I am turning in a 2007 G35, is the lease loyalty still $1000 and will that come off of my Cap cost? I am looking to purchase it through USAA with it's no haggle pricing, so I assume the loyalty will come off of the USAA price and lower the cap cost even more?? Thanks in advance.
    Dennis
    Hi cityboy2. Infiniti's lease program is currently national.

You are correct, the FS's money factors are the same, regardless of the mileage allowance that you choose. IFS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year resids and 1% higher than its 12k resids.

The only cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck is $1,000 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi d_nyholm. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 51%, respectively.

Dealers are not allowed to alter vehicles' residual values and the buy rate is the lowest money factor that they can charge. Dealers are sometimes allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional, hidden back-end profit to deals.

Yes, if you are a current Infiniti lessee then you are eligible for a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on the lease of a new FX. Make sure that the dealer subtracts this offer from whatever selling price you negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • frank310frank310 Member Posts: 47
    Car_Man,

I just want to verify the May lease rates for an FX35 AWD 39 months, 10,000 miles per year, buy rate lease money factor and residual value .00079 and 53%.

Thanks once again for the help now and in the past.

Frank
    Hey Frank. Those numbers are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
  • ciegeciege Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    I have never leased a car before. I am trying to learn the jargon but have been getting a bit overwhelmed. I would like to know from the experts out there is the current advertised lease for the FX35 good?
    Details are:
    539 /month Lease for 39 months
    $3,999 initial payment
    2010 FX35 AWD with Premium and Navigation Packages
    Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Offer ends 06/01/2010.

Are those numbers set in stone or can I walk in and negotiate the lease information down? I have excellent credit (780 - 790) if it makes a difference. I have bought many a car in the past but leasing is a whole new ballgame to me.

If I can still negotiate the numbers where should I begin? Based on above should I negotiate the down the down payment or the selling price?

For this vehicle I am considering lease because a) won't keep past 3 years. b) mileage is not an issue (especially if I can negotiate up to 12 or 15k) c) don't want to pay a purchase price payment even at 0%/60 months.

Thanks all!
  • cityboy2cityboy2 Member Posts: 27
    What is the MSRP?
  • ciegeciege Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    49,965 according to the website.
    WelCOME ciege. Mnufacturers' official advertised lease payments are usually pretty good deals. Having said that, savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised leases by shopping around and negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised payments.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • wirelessboywirelessboy Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have been offered a dealer demo 2010 FX35 MSRP 52,723 I am new to all this and wanted to make sure this deal looks good. Mileage is 4700. I am not looking to purchase the car at the end of the lease.

Gross cap cost - 48081
    Adjusted cap cost - 2615.91
    Residual - 26239.15 (51%)
    Total Payments by end of lease 28,422
    3,866 down
    DMV fees $986
    Less loyalty discount of 1,000
    Monthly payments 609 (including tax)

Was wondering if there was anything fishy going on with the residual as the car has miles on it.

Thanks,

Alex.
  • wirelessboywirelessboy Member Posts: 2
    Sorry about this. Cap cost reduction is 2651.91 and Adjusted cap cost is 45474.47
  • kjc1334kjc1334 Member Posts: 2
    What is the current buy rate on a 2010 FX35 AWD? Should I be getting buy rate or is it fair that they mark it up?
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2010
    I was close to leasing a 2010 FX35 AWD w/Premium at the end of May but held off. The price I was quoted was -4,100 off MSRP (which is $47,410) and -1,000 off for Infiniti owner loyalty + 595 Acqfee + 249 doc all rolled in for a netcapcost of $43,154. Payment would have been $575.33 including RI sales tax, 39 months, 10K miles per year with no money down, only the first month's payment due at signing along with $70 in tax to be paid on the $1000 owner loyalty (1K * 7% = 70$).

This was based on the .00092 money factor and 52% residual.

To purchase the FX35, the dealership I was speaking with seemed willing to discount -8000 off MSRP (purchase only).

Car_man - do you know what programs Infiniti / IFS is running for June? What the money factor/residuals and discounts for leasing will be. I took a chance that waiting until June to pull the trigger would be worth the weight. I cannot imagine the residual will change any, nor the money factor (at least not much) so it's the discounts that'll really help. Another -1000 discount would save me $30/month.

Anyone else getting these type of numbers or higher/lower?
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    Hello Car_Man do you have the lease figures for June? Thanks.
    Hi kjc1334. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I personally always insist that the dealer use the buy rate to calculate my vehicle's monthly payment. If the first dealer that I shop with won't do so, I tell them that I'm going to switch to a dealer that will. That usually solves the problem.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest on Infiniti's lease program for this model, scottrl.

Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00079 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello scottrl. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    Hi CarMan-

I'm told that the June residual & mf on the FX35AWD for 39mos/10k are 52% & 0.00092, not 53% & 0.00079

Could this be true? The guy who told me is a manager of a dealership whom I trust, I've dealt with him twice before with good results. This difference costs me about $30-$35 per month over the course of my lease, not enough to break my bank, but enough to anger me very slightly! :)

Thanks!
    My apologies, grossie. The numbers that I mentioned are for 36 months, not 39. The 39 month numbers that you mentioned are correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    thanks!
    My wife and I just leased an FX50 w/Tech pkg, NO Sport pkg, illuminated kick plates, splash guards, first aid kit, rear bumper protector, cargo area organizer, and vehicle alarm impact sensor; Black Obsidian exterior with Wheat interior.

MSRP was $63,850.
    Invoice was $58,675.
    Received $1,000 in loyalty cash.
    Money Factor was 0.00085 (2.04%)
    Residual Value for 36 months at 15,000 miles annually was 48%.
    Lease Acquisition fee was $595.
    Registration/DMV Fees were $798.
    Dealer Document Prep Fee was $45.
    Basic LoJack was $695.

I should note we cheated a little bit by using the VPP program (www.insidenissan.com), so we didn't really negotiate anything other than our trade-in. But to our frustration we did have to set the dealer straight on the money factor (which Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys initially quoted as 0.0021 - NOT!)

The dealership also initially quoted 50% for residual value, failing to mention that it was for 10,000 miles per year, so that was a bit of a bait-and-switch. Also, the dealer gave us $4,000 for our trade-in, but then wound up applying it to title, registration, acquisition fee, etc. instead of using 100% of it to adjust the cap cost (meaning the monthly payment didn't match what I had calculated online).

Once we got all that nonsense sorted out (choosing to pay DMV fees, first lease payment, and the like with a separate check so that the $4,000 would bring the adjusted cap cost to $54,322.30), we wound up with a monthly payment of $801.
    edited June 2010
    My insurance agent asked me if I wanted to purchase gap insurance on my leased FX50. I tried to find out online if I needed this, and only managed to confuse myself!

I came across terms like "closed-ended lease" (which seemed to mean even if the car is worth less than the agreed-upon residual value, I can turn it in at the end with no penalty) and "open-ended lease" (which meant the lessee would have to pay the difference between the agreed-upon residual value and actual residual value when the car is turned in at the end). But I couldn't find out how to determine which one my lease contract was.

Also, neither answered the main question posed by my insurance agent: if the car is totaled before the end of the lease period, what happens if I don't have gap insurance? (If the insurance company determines the car's depreciated market value at the time of the accident was less than I owed the lessor at that time, does the insurance company only pay its calculated amount to the lessor and I'd be required to pay the difference?)

Thank you everyone for any clarification and advice you can provide!