Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• jessecarjessecar Member Posts: 1
    I just got quoted the following for an FX35 AWD

MSRP - 40090
    Purchase = 36862
    Resid- 58%
    Money factor .00193
    Monthly payment - 494.07
  • stew24stew24 Member Posts: 28
    Hello Car_Man, My local dealer has a new 2005 FX35 with Sport & Touring packages. I can't remember the exact MSRP on it, but I know it was $42xxx, .. so I'll just say $42,700. I know in February Infiniti was discounting these heavily in anticipation of the '06 models arrival. I read on various sites of people getting them at or below invoice. The salesman I spoke to briefly, while having my other car serviced said "We'll make you a good deal". He was new, so I don't know how much weight he carries.

My question is this, ... Do dealers, and Infiniti in particular, lease new last year models? If so, I might be interested in a short 24 or 36 month lease on this vehicle, with putting $0 down. Let's give it a total cap cost of $38,500 after negotiations. Can you tell me what the payment should be with the estimated numbers I gave, for both a 24 and 36 month lease?
    Thanks,
    Daryl
    Oops, .. I forgot to mention the above deal would be with 15,000 miles and the FX35 is RWD model.

Daryl
  • rokum17rokum17 Member Posts: 18
    stew24, I don't know anything about lease programs on 2005 models but just to give you an idea, I picked up a brand new '05 FX35 AWD with Touring a few days ago for $33,900 (MSRP is $40,500), that's $3,000 under invoice. There aren't many of them left over, I had to travel 3.5 hours each way to find it...
  • eyangeyang Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

I wanted your opinion on the following:

My local dealer offered me $498 a month on an FX35, tech,touring, handsfree, nav, sports, rear ent with $2500 down. Total due at signing came out to $5634. She didn't give me the cap cost but the MSRP on this vehicle is $49500.

Using 60% and money factor of .00193, pre-tax monthly I was getting was $628. My guess is she had the car at $47,500?

Is this a good deal?

Also, how much of a difference do you think the prices will be in June? The reason I ask is that I currently have a BMW X5 that's coming off lease in June and the options the dealer gave me to get it off my hands were ridiculous.

Thanks for all your insight and opinions.

eyang
  • snoozsnooz Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,
    What is the minimum monthly payment (2006 FX 35 RWD)that is possible with no money down for a 36 month lease? I am fresh out of college and really want to get this car and wanted to find out if I can afford to make this expensive mistake.
  • veercvveercv Member Posts: 1
    Engelwood, NJ dealer offered me the FX45 for 46.000 with 5000 Miles on it. its a dealer model.

Questioning the 5K miles, and the price seems not a good deal.

Any idea if this is good deal ?
  • abhutaabhuta Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man

I'm about to come out of an Infiniti Financial Services (IFS) lease at the end of June of this year. IFS called me a few weeks ago and told me that I qualify for a special deal if I get into another lease with them. They told me that they would waive up to $500 excessive wear and tear (not over mileage) on the lease I would be turning in, waive the security deposit on the new lease, not pull my credit, and would qualify for better rates than any other lessee. Have you ever heard about this program? If you have, what are the terms on the lease of an FX35 rwd for 36 or 39 months with 12k miles per year? Thanks for the help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Daryl. Unfortunately consumers can no longer lease 2005 models through Infiniti Financial Services. You might be able to find an independent bank that will lease you this car, but you are probably better off just paying cash for or financing it. When negotiating this vehicle's price, keep in mind that Infiniti is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi eyang. I personally don't like the fact that you are making a $2,500 down payment on this vehicle. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your FX would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

As far as this vehicle's selling price goes, if it is actually $47,500, you are probably at around $1,500 or so over dealer invoice which isn't too bad. I personally would want to know exactly what this model's selling price is before leasing it. You really should try to find out. for additional feedback on how much you should pay for an FX35 right now, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi snooz. This model's lease payment will depend upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with the MSRP and an approximate selling price for the FX35 that you are considering, I would be happy to give you an idea of what its lease payment should be like right now. If you have no idea what its selling price should be, at least provide me with its dealer invoice price and I'll just assume that you can get one for a certain amount of money over that. The pricing info that I mentioned can be found in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi abhuta. This isn't exactly a special program that only this dealer can offer you. Infiniti Financial Services will waive a certain amount of wear and tear or excess mileage charges for any returning lessee. Furthermore, IFS is waiving its security deposit requirement for anyone who leases an Infiniti right now. I am not aware of any money factor reduction from IFS for returning lessees, but I suppose that this is possible.

As far as this model's current lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00189 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00219 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a lot for your help!
  • promtberpromtber Member Posts: 3
    What is the best deal you can get on a FX35 12k miles with sports package. Im looking for a lease. Thanks
  • solorxsolorx Member Posts: 2
    I got a price from a dealer in pa. area for a loaded f/x 35.. hands free,tech package and sport package. List price 48000. invoice price 44800. MF is .002 and residual for 36 mo is 57% and 42 mo. is 54%.Dealer wants inception fees of 1400. which nets me a monthly of $613. including 9% tax. Is this a good deal?. I wanted under $600 complete. I refuse to add more upfront money. Am I getting a fair deal? Thanx.. PS 10K miles/yr
  • neilk356neilk356 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Thanks Car_man for helping us make an informed decision with leasing these cars. I was wondering if you could give me an opinion on the following terms for a lease in the Dallas area? My girlfriend has been talking with a salesperson and she relayed the following info.

FX 35 2wd with touring, hands free, and some other options
    MSRP - 40660
    Purchase = 38685 (According to infiniti.com, I guess I need to add $1,150 for deposit and acquisition fee to calculate cost
    Resid- 54%
    Money factor .00228
    Monthly payment - 614
    Term: 42 months
    Mileage: unsure if 12k or 15k... will find out.

Using the above numbers at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm, I get 613.31/month with the 1,150 deposit and acquisition fee

I noticed that others are getting a better deal on the money factor and I pretty sure that we can negotiate a better deal on the car. Would we be better off going with a shorter lease, say 36-39 months? In your opinion, at what point should we buy rather than lease?

To complicate things further, the salesperson is trying to get her to terminate her current lease early (2.5 months). The buyout on her car is 17.8K and Infiniti said they would take it for 18.5K. Blue book on the car is 21,000 and she has 2 months left of lease payments at $500/month. I tend to buy my cars and keep them for a long time, so leasing is foreign to me, but I get the impression that turning her car in early to Infiniti is an expensive proposition. Should we wait until the end of the lease which is the end of June, or try to negotiate a better buy out from Infiniti?

THANKS SO MUCH,
    Neil
  • tiger123tiger123 Member Posts: 2
    What would it take for me to pay no more then $500 with taxes included a month on the Lease of a 2006 Infiniti FX 35 RWD, I' am not to worried about the options, as long as I can keep the monthly dues at that budget...

Can someone give me the entire formula that includes the following:

MSRP:
    Selling Price:
    Invoice Price:
    Money Factor:
    Capital Cost:
    Residual:
    Down Payment: If I can avoid giving a downpayment would be great!!!

Anything else I would need to know, please educate me on this; since I' am going to be leasing for the first time...

thanks to all in advance
  • mcrestonmcreston Member Posts: 10
    Is this a good deal in dallas?

MSRP: $50,810
    Selling Price: $47,049
    Invoice Price: $46,335
    Money Factor: .00259
    Residual: 55.0%
    Down Payment: $5000
    Monthly Payment: $665.35
    Term: 39 months

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one, as mentioned in the title, it's a VPP deal so i am curious to see how much of a deal it is. thanks
    You're very welcome, abhuta.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi promtber. The best deal that you can get on this vehicle will be the one with the lowest possible selling price and the use of Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. You should be able to get an idea of how much you would have to pay to lease this vehicle right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as the money factor goes, this varies depending upon how long you want to lease for. If you let me know the desired length of your lease I can tell you what this number should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello solorx. You mentioned this vehicle's MSRP and invoice prices, but you never mentioned its selling price. Are you implying that you are getting it at invoice? If so, that is an excellent price. If not, what is its selling price? This number will help me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, Neil. First let's take a look at this vehicle's current lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00213 and 54%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit. IFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your vehicle's money factor. Make sure that the dealer you are working with is using the buy rate money factor to calculate your lease payment.

Infiniti's most attractive lease term for this model is currently 36 months. Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate money factor and residual value are currently .00189 and 57%. Keep in mind though that generally speaking the shorter a lease is, the higher your lease payment will be. So even though the 36 month program is more attractive than the 42 month one is right now, your monthly payment might actually be higher.

As far as what you will have to pay at lease signing goes, you'll have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment (unless you decide to have it waived), IFS' $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Generally speaking, consumers are usually better off waiting until the scheduled end of their leases to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tiger123. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You can find the MSRP and invoice prices of the vehicle that you are interested by looking it up in the following section of Edmunds.com: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. As far as its selling price goes, you should be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for an FX35 right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Its money factor and residual value will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. If you let me know the term and mileage allowance that you are interested in, I can tell you what the money factor and residual should be. Consumers can and should lease vehicles without making any sort of down payment. The only things that you will have to pay at lease signing are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, IFS' $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mcreston. $700 over invoice seems like a reasonable price for an FX45 to me, but you might want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their FXs lately: kirstie_h, "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 1 Aug 2003 6:06 am. The money factor that you were quoted for this model is a little high though. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 FX45 is only .00199. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with uses the buy rate to calculate your FX's monthly payment.

I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your FX45 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • solorxsolorx Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man.. The dealer claims the sell price is about $45000. I figure they're making 200-500 over invoice. They keep wanting more money down but that won't happen. If this is the case, do you think the deal will work for me? Thanks for your help.
    Thanks for the additional information, solorx. OK, so you are interested in leasing a loaded 2006 Infiniti FX35 with an MSRP of $48,000 and a selling price of $45,000 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $618. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this vehicle should be $613. The payment for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this model should be around $632.

Car_man
    Host
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    I got the following rates for FX35 AWD by infiniti by a salesman. Can you tell me if this is reasonable?

* These are for 12000. For 15000 it would be 1% less in residual.

1. 36 months, 0.00193, 59%
    2. 39 months, 0.00221, 58%
    3. 42 months, 0.00200, 55%

The sales man recommends 42 months which offers significantly lower monthly payment. I am looking at FX35 AWD with sport and touring. The price quoted is roughly 300 over invoice, $40548.09.

They also added the tax in the total cap. The initial payment is 1st month pay, bank fee plus license and tax.

Should I pursue other lease deals like 24 months? Any 24 months lease deal on this model by infiniti?

Anything I can do to improve it? :shades:
    What's the payment?
    The payment works out to be around 550 to 570.
  • gp1054gp1054 Member Posts: 1
    Does this sound like a good deal on an FX35 with Touring Package and Handsfree package. List is just over $42K I am getting it for $300 over invoice about $38500.

Up front cost = about $4300 which includes:
    Cap Cost reduction ($1650) + Tax + License Fee + Bank fee + 1st month.

Monthly payment is $462.50 for 36 months 12k/yr.

Give me your thoughts. Thanks.
  • taxd00dtaxd00d Member Posts: 8
    Carman,

Could you tell me the Residual and Money factor for the 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD & FX45 for 24, 30, and 36 months with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks.
  • martin123martin123 Member Posts: 1
    I just came back from a dealer (Chicago) and I think I got a pretty good deal on an FX35 AWD w/ touring and sports package. $531/month plus $4500 due for 42 months with 15k miles.
    That seems to similar if not worse than what I was offered last month. Warm deal!
  • eyangeyang Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

I've been offered the FX35 loaded, with touring, tech, sports, hands, mobile dvd, rails, splash for a 39 month 10,000 mile lease at 579 with zero down + tax and fees ($3000) at signing.

The price for incorporating the taxes is 645 a month with 1200 due at signing. Would you consider these a good deal? I feel like it was too easy since I only spoke to him once. The MSRP was 49950 and the price for this lease is at invoice according the the dealer at 45,327.

Thank You,

Ethan
    Who is your dealer? I'd like to get a similar deal to yours.
    Daryl
  • faithleefaithlee Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking at leasing a fx35 with touring and tech. Pfieffer infiniti in Mich gave me this quote and I was wondering if this is a good price.

MSRP= 46,500
    Sale price= 43,374
    Residual = 52%, .00169,
    for 42 months, 15,000 miles
    $2000 at signing, payment of 589 incl tax.

I have never leased before, so want to make sure I'm getting a good deal. Thanks for any help.
  • scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    Hi Car_Man,

Local Dealer is advertising what looks like a sweet deal on an '06 FX35 AWD with Touring Package for 24 months, 12k per year. I can do the math, I'm just looking for the money factor and residual numbers.

Thanks!
    Hi gp1054. $300 over invoice is a very good price for an Infiniti FX35. Just make sure that the dealer calculates your lease payment for it using Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. It is currently .00171 for 36 month leases of 2WD and .00158 for 36 month leases of AWD models.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, taxd00d. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 67%. I have not seen this vehicle's 30 month lease program, but its 36 month, 15k numbers are .00158 and 56%. The numbers for otherwise identical leases of the '06 FX45 are .00123 / 64% and .00128 / 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ethan. Dealer invoice is a good price for this vehicle. Let's work up a lease payment on it using Infiniti's actual lease program to compare to the one that you were quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD with an MSRP of $49,950 and a selling price of $45,327, through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $572. That's pretty close to what you were quoted. If you like the vehicle, I don't see any reason not to go for this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello faithlee. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti's buy rate for this model. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The other main profit center for leases is their selling prices. A base '06 FX35 AWD has a spread of a little over $3,100 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You were quoted a discount of $3,126 on yours, which sounds pretty good to me. If you like the vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, scanty. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00181 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man, can you please provide the June lease rates for the Infiniti FX35? Can you give the money factors and residuals for 36, 39, and 42 month contracts with 15K miles per year?

Thanks,
    Stew
  • clif3clif3 Member Posts: 10
    Can you add the money factors and residuals for 24 and 48 month 15,000 mile leases to the above request? I am looking for the information for 24, 36, 39, 42 and 48 months for a 2006 FX 35 (2WD).
    Thanks!
  • scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    I didn't pull the trigger last month, since the $0 down numbers they came up with for a 36/12 lease on an FX35 AWD with Touring and hands free was $572, tax included. I talked with my salesman on Friday, and he mentioned a new 12 month lease deal for $527, all included. He could not give me residual or MF numbers on that lease. Do you have any info on Infiniti's June program? Thanks a million.
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    Curious to know what the invoice and msrp are for adding Sirius to an FX35 without having the Tech package. Is there even a cost or are all FX35's "sirius ready"? Would like to make a deal today and this has come up as a negotiating point. Can't find anything on edmunds or the infiniti website about addint sirius...
    Any feedback is appreciated!
    Thanks
    2006 Infinit FX35 2WD

24 mo/15k mi = Residual Value 67% of MSRP .00116 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi = Residual Value 56% of MSRP .00154 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi = Residual Value 42% of MSRP .00184 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi = Residual Value 34% of MSRP .00225 Base Money Factor Rate

24 mo/12k mi = Residual Value 68% of MSRP .00116 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/12k mi = Residual Value 57% of MSRP .00154 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/12k mi = Residual Value 44% of MSRP .00184 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/12k mi = Residual Value 36% of MSRP .00225 Base Money Factor Rate
    The May FX sales were down 38.2% compared to last May.
    Year to date sales are off 24.2%.

The 2007 FXs are expected mid September.

I am hoping Infiniti gets agressive with the rates and possibly some dealer incentives for next month.
    I don't know where the Mods are on this board. I started to post the lease rates here as well, since we have to find this info elsewhere now.

There is also a new 12 month lease deal offered as I've heard many talk about it, but haven't been able to nail down the specifics of it yet. Car_Man, .. any info?

The 24 month/15K rate looks very appealing, and my calculation came up with only $1 difference in price between the 24 and 36 month rates when using a final cap reduction negotiated with my dealer.

June is a quarter ending month. I wonder if this will have any affect on Infiniti's posted rates as opposed to what they will offer in July?

I'm very close to making the move, but unsure if this is the time or if July will be better. :confuse:
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    I just signed a 12 month 12K lease on a 2006 FX35. I was quoted a money factor of .000535 which is very low (I think) and a residual of 81%. When it was all said and I done got:
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Touring Package
    Sirius Sat
    Mud Flaps
    Cargo Protector (I think that's all)
    MSRP - 41,460
    Negotiated price - 38,800
    Zero down except first payment and registration, etc...
    For a monthly payment of 479.92 (which includes MA sales tax)

Payments actually work out to be 499 but they screwed something up on my contract and the payment went down $20. Brings the negotiated price closer to 38,500.