Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi scottrl. At first glance, this looks like a good deal to me. In order for me to give you a detailed analysis of it, I need you to provide me with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. Let me know and I will break it down for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • chimmaerachimmaera Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone! what do you think of this deal?

FX35
    RWD, handsfree, touring and sports packages.

Alleged msrp 42850
    Alleged invoice 39700
    Selling price 39746

8339 total payments for 12 months with MF of .0012

the fx already has 1500 miles on it.

Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    '06 or '07?

if an '06, the selling price is horrible.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• cocolo2kcocolo2k Member Posts: 18
    I found the MSRP is $46,240 and the destination charge is included in the initial payment of $3400 (along with taxes,dmv,bank Aquistion) with a monthly payment of 304. My other option is to assume a lease of a 05 with a monthly payment of 500 for 22 months I didnt get to ask how much it would cost to buy but I am kind of swayed to just take over the 05 becayse it has the sports package as well as the tech,touring.
  • gvogsgvogs Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a new 06 FX 35, touring pkg, navigation, hands free, sport pkg + a few smaller things.

MSRP puts it around 47-48K

After some fun and games he is willing to sell the car for 40,900. I did see that there is a $2,000 dealer incentive from the manufacture.

1. Good price or not
    2. What residuals and other factors do I need to consider, I will probably lease but not sure.

Any Thoughts
  • epressepress Member Posts: 5
    Folks-

Can you confirm that infiniti will indeed extend the lease for an additional 6 months?
  • epressepress Member Posts: 5
    I just completed 6 months on my 12 month FX.

Do you have any further update regarding extending it after the initial 12 months are up?

Thanks

E
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    Is there 06 models left? as far as I know none of them available. Only 2007 models are avalable
  • gprro1gprro1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm considering leasing an 06 fx35 in the next few days, I'm wondering what would be a really good deal? I'm looking for a sport model with msrp around 43ish. Is it possible to get a 12 month for 1000-1500 total out of pocket and payments in the 300-350 range? I read on some other forums that a few months ago people were offered 1500-2000 total at time of signing and payments at $299.

Thanks
  • iscandelariaiscandelaria Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 06 FX 35 here is the best deal that I got from 4 different dealers...Sales price $40,000. Options...AWD, Touring, Sport, Hands Free, 12k miles/year. This will be a 12 month lease with $2500 out of pocket, which includes government fees, taxes and first month and no security deposit. My monthly payment is set at $364.69 per month, which includes taxes. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
  • dano16dano16 Member Posts: 2
    what is current December IFS 36 mo lease deal in Houston area for 06 FX35 ? was quoted 55% residual, .0021 for 36 mo / 15K / yr with dealer paying all sales tax. was offered 06 FX35 RWD with hitch, tour pkg, hands free for 39805 cap with 702 fees for total cap of 40500, no security, no down. read on your forum that incentive money from IFS was .0013 for 36 mos ?
    Thanks for the additional information, cocolo2k. You still never mentioned this truck's selling price though. This number is just as important as its MSRP. Without the selling price, it is difficult to tell how much the dealer is charging you for this vehicle. Find out what its selling price is and compare it to the selling prices that other community members have reported getting lately in the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, gvogs. Infiniti is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on 2006 FX models. I believe that the truck that you described has a spread of just under $3,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the aforementioned $2,000 dealer cash and we arrive at a total of $5,500 to play with. You were quoted a discount of over $6,000 on the specific truck that you are considering leasing. This looks like a very good price to me. Unfortunately, the $2,000 dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. So to get the price that you were quoted you are either going to have to pay cash for this truck, finance it, or lease it through an independent bank. If you want to lease it through IFS, its selling price will likely be $2,000 higher. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings gprro1. I would be able to tell you exactly how much it would cost to lease the Infiniti FX that you are interested in through Infiniti Financial Services right now. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its approximate selling price. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Check it out and let me know what selling price you come up with. Then I'll crunch some numbers for you to give you an idea of what the lease payment will be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi iscandelaria. The selling price that you were quoted looks pretty good for a lease of the truck that you described, but I would be able to provide you with a much more detailed analysis of this deal if you would provide me with its MSRP. This number will show me exactly how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your truck's monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dano16. Infiniti Financial Services' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Infiniti FX35 RWD are .00125 and 54%, respectively. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck definitely looks too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gprro1gprro1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car-man,

I've been looking at a number of different fx35 and 45's. What are the residual and money factors for 12 and 24 month leases. I talked with a dealer yesterday, and they said the 12 month deals are over? This may have been on a fx 45 though. Another dealer had stickers on the cars on the lot.
    Fx35 with msrp around 39,xxx were 2500 down 299 a month, a fully loaded 45 was 2500down and 499 a month. The guy said they were willing to take more off though. Is it possible to lease with a below invoice purchase price?

What were the deals on some of the forums that were advertised at 1500 total out of pocket and 299-399 a month? I'd like to get a fx35 with invoice around 38 for 1500 out of pocket and the best monthly possible, or a fx45 with invoice around 47-50 K with 2500 out of pocket and no more than 450 a month. 12 or 24 month. I'l play around with the calculator some if I can get the money factor and residual right. The buying forum had some money factors listed , but I don't know if they are good for this month.

Thanks,
    G
  • serhat1951serhat1951 Member Posts: 4
    i think that has to be the best deal i have seen yet.. i just saw ur post now, where u able to get the car? and do u think i can still get that deal now because i really want an fx and u paid dirt cheap for it!!!
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Car_man-

Is Infiniti still offering the $2000 dealer cash on the 2006 FX35? I can't find this listed as an incentive on Edmunds or any other web site. Thanks.
  • karabasskarabass Member Posts: 8
    24 months. 12K miles per year. $0 down.
    $2,350 due at signing and not a cent more.
    $538 per month and nor a cent more.

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
  • bmreynoldsbmreynolds Member Posts: 15
    MSRP 44,350.00 VPP 38,884.30

Is this a good price for an 06 model??? Thanks
    How much is the selling price???
    $38,900
    I think you are getting a good deal... Because the deal they are trying to give me is 613.00 a month but it's for 39 months 12k a year and 1408.17 out of pocket and my price is 38,884.30... I'm trying to get them to come off of mine somemore so if I get a better deal than yours I'll post it...
    In general, is December '06 a good time to lease a 2007 vehicle?
    I heard March was better because that is closer to when their fiscal year ends but I have no idea...

My dealer says that they have no clue how they got you that lease deal... So it sounds like you got a good one...
  • newcarshopper1newcarshopper1 Member Posts: 1
    with touring, sport,hands free,splash guards and cargo protector.

cap is 40,200; with fees is 41,490

lease offer for 10k miles per year is 556.67 incl tax (6%), for 39 months, total money down is 757.16 (first month + misc)

it sounds good to me. must decide by tomorrow. what do you think? (rate? =1.410)
  • phatzphatz Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I am about to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35, and would like to know what terms and monthly payment to expect. Here are my details:
    MSRP: 44,800
    Offer: 42,000 (price / capitalized cost)
    Term: 48 months
    Miles: 12k / year
    Sales Tax: 8%
    Title: $623

Thoughts for me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Hi Car Man-

Could you please list the current money factor rates and residuals for a 2006 RWD FX35. Thanks.
    Live in South Florida. Was offered 15k mile 39 month lease for 2006 RWD FX35 with touring and hands free. Total down is 2700 which includes $1000 cap cost reduction. Payments are $500 per month which includes 6.5% sales tax. Does this look like a good deal? Thanks
  • gvkgvk Member Posts: 7
    Dear Host and members,

Need your expertise...

2006 FX-35 AWD / sport, hands free, touring, & tech pkgs

Lease:

$4000.00 total due at signing (includes everything - fees, 1st pmt, security deposit e.t.c)

Pmt: $499.00 / month

Term: 36 months

Those are all the figures I got in a quote, my attempts to get more detailed info (numbers/figures) haven't been successful so far, but I expect to get them soon...

Do you think you could give me an idea if this deal is ok to go for (maybe you could help me do some "reverse" calculations to see what real figures lie behind this offer and see if this offer is worth at all

Please, help me and thank you!
    Gordon
  • dcrotty527dcrotty527 Member Posts: 23
    What's the good/bad with this deal?

Newbie, trying to determine the #'s on this deal. Sounds like from what everyone states, less $ up front or down is best, so this goes against that notion. But, is it still a good deal?

2007 FX35 AWD Touring model 87417 subject to availability to IFS Tier I qualified lessees through Infiniti-Nissan LT. MSRP $41,300 includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $36,342 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Retailer contribution may affect actual price set by retailer. Monthly payments total $10,056.00. At lease end, purchase for $28,910.00, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.20 per mile for mileage over 12000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating retailer for details. Offer ends 1/2/07.
    This seems like a very good deal. I have been shopping around in south Florida and the best deal I've gotten is $2400 out the door, $494 including 6.5% tax per month for a 39 month lease, 15k miles per year. This is for a 2006 RWD with touring and hands free. Where are you located, and what are the miles per year on the lease? Also, what dealership offered you this? Thanks.
  • golfgod2golfgod2 Member Posts: 53
    I am looking at an 07 FX35 2WD w/ sport, tech, etc. MSRP is $46,810. Looking at zero out pocket (not even drive off). Sales price $43,000 net, residual $26,213, 39 months, 15k/year, money factor .0166. Monthly payments $609 including tax. Please let me know your thoughts. seems pretty good to me.
    Hi gprro1. What you were told is correct. I do not believe that Infiniti is offering 12 month leases on the 2007 FX35 or FX45 any longer. Here is the info on their 24 month lease programs that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,,000 miles per year are .00168 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 FX45 are .00163 and 65%.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the FXs is not compatible with its special lease program, so I highly doubt that you will be able to negotiate a price that's below invoice on a lease of one, but I would not be surprised if you were able to get one for around $500 or so over invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: kirstie_h, "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 1 Aug 2003 5:06 am.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, devilsadvct33, Infiniti is still providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2006 FX35. In addition to that dealer cash, Infiniti is providing dealers with a number of $500 dealer cash certificates that they can use to help them unload their remaining '06 FX35s. Dealers have the ability to choose how many certificates they use per deal, but one can assume that they will use around three, another $1,500 dealer cash, per deal. Unfortunately, Infiniti's dealer cash is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello karabass. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Mike. A base 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $2,800 on the model that you want. This looks like a pretty good price to me. Let's use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $44,800 and a selling price of $42,000 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 48 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $540.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey devilsadvct33. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi devilsadvct33. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Gordon. The two most important numbers to focus on when negotiating a lease are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its lease payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. You never mentioned this truck's selling price. It is a very important number to look at before finalizing any lease. If you let me know what the selling price and MSRP are, I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dcrotty527. This looks like Infiniti's advertised lease for the FX35. Like most manufacturers' advertised leases this is a decent deal, but it probably leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to beat the selling price that was used to arrive at the advertised lease payment. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how low a price other community members have been able to negotiate on this model lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi golfgod2. The money factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate for it (other than the fact that it's missing a "0" - it should be .00166). This is a good sign because it means that the dealer you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to make additional back-end profit on your deal.

Now let's take a look at this truck's selling price. The 2007 FX35 that you described has a spread of around $4,100 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a $3,800 discount on it. This looks like a very good price for this model to me.

The two main profit centers for dealers, your vehicle's selling price and its money factor, look great. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • golfgod2golfgod2 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks Car Man!
  • gvkgvk Member Posts: 7
    Dear CarMan,

Thank you for your help. I now got all the figures…

2006 FX-35 AWD, sport/touring/hands free/tech pkgs - loaded.
    Lease term: 36 months
    10,000 miles per year

MSRP: $48,550.00
    Base price/selling: $42,553.15
    Residual: % 57
    Money factor: 0.00152
    Monthly usage tax: % 6.25

Due at signing:
    + Tax on CAP cost reduction: $205.88
    + First payment: $499.99
    + Balance (for CAP reduction): $3,294.13
    Total: $4,000.00

Gross CAP cost:
    + Selling/base price: $42,553.15
    + Title, license, Registr: $215.33
    + Acquisition: $595.00
    + Lojack-CAP: $795.00
    Total: $44,158.48

Adjusted CAP cost: $40,864.35
    Depreciation: $13,190.85
    Rent charge: $3,750.03
    Monthly usage tax: $29.41
    Monthly pmt: $499.99

I see they “ballooned” the gross CAP cost. All those
    “Lojack” fees!? e.t.c. seem to be too high (totaling $1605.33 !) Do you think I can and should try to negotiate the fees down?

Wanted to know your overall opinion on this. Is there any other hidden “catch”? I know you recommend not to put down any $$$, but I am willing to do that in order to reduce the monthly pmt.

I’ve also heard that the current 36 month lease 2007 FX-35 AWD money factor is actually 0.00121 and 60% residual (vs. 0.00152 / 57% I got). Does it mean that they marked the money factor up?

I appreciate your evaluation of this offer
    And thank you! Gordon
  • r8fx3435r8fx3435 Member Posts: 1
    Hey im a student in NY, and im trying to get a new car(FX35). is there any way possible to get an FX35 2007 for no more of $300/mo if there, how?
    I will appriciate your help.
    Infiniti has $2000 toward "marketing support" for a current incentive. Can any of this be extracted from a dealers grip for a lease or is this just for purchases?
    Please post current lease #'s for jan. if available or lead me to where I can get them. Thanks
  • jdogmdjdogmd Member Posts: 1
    Do you have MF and Residual for February? 39mth/12K

Also, Edmunds states that there is 2000$ in Manufacturer Support. Does this apply to leases through Infiniti Financial services?

Thanks