Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• gpinkhamgpinkham Member Posts: 2
    What was the 21 Month deal you are refering to? I'm seeing 21 months at 295/month + taxes (so about 310 or so). I'm really interested in this car based on the 295 a month but I feel like I'm missing something and am about to get screwed.. :-)

Feedback is appreciated..
    Thanks!
    Gary
  • rsanterrsanter Member Posts: 1
    I only want 21 or 24 months and unfortunately I didn't note the residual. From reading previous messages I can see the Destination and Bank charges are high. But what else is wrong?

MSRP $46550
    Cap Cost $42660
    Down $1995
    Bank Chg $795
    Destination $700
    Tax $920
    Reg $185

Quoted $357 pm over 21 months

Any help is apreciated. I have never leased.

Rich
  • hull22hull22 Member Posts: 37
    Just about to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35 FWD. They showed me their Infiniti documentation that the they add only 1% to the residual when going from 15K to 12K and 2% when going from 15K to 10K. Is this correct? I've called dealers in other cities who confirm this. Anyone?
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    But my brand new 07 FX35 (post #601) has been in the shop for the last 6 days... Everything just decided to stop working... Everything stopped working except for the engine. Scary drive back to the dealer not knowing how fast I was going or how much gas I had left! Gave me a G35 as a loaner... fun car, but I miss my FX.
  • redvelvet2620redvelvet2620 Member Posts: 25
    This is my first time leasing this is the information that I received so far is this a good deal? It's for fx35 touring sport and hands free packages:

MSRP $44525

Invoice$40680

Selling price$41480

Money factor.00044

Residual value71%

Monthly payment $498

Total down payment (cap cost re)$0

(includes tax, Dmv fees) $961 tax $100-$200

Tax (NYS) same as above

Acquisition fee $595

Capital cost $41480

GAP Protection: included

Dealer incentives for leasing none
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Hey Redvelvet,
    Is that for a 21 month lease? If so, it doesn't look bad.
    It sucks that infiniti dropped the dealer incentives. :( They were letting them go below invoice last month. I hope they bring them back now that the 2008's are coming out. Good luck in your purchase.

Sal
  • kennyjacobkennyjacob Member Posts: 9
    I was also quoted 1% more residual to go from 12k miles per year up to 15k miles per year. For mine, that's a difference of $423, or 10.85 bucks per month/39 months
    How much down are they asking for? That's perhaps where you are getting screwed. I only payed the taxes up front.
    Good luck. you are on the right track.
  • funtodrive1funtodrive1 Member Posts: 8
    Hey all,

Im in the market but can wait until next month to pull the trigger on the FX35. I wanted to ask for thoughts and see if this month is the best time to lease or if anyone feels the deal might be sweeter in July ??

Im interested in a 36 month lease w 12k or 15k per year. Im in Western NY, and there are only 2 dealers within 150 miles, so its a bit of a seller advantage. I havent asked what that type of lease would look like yet, and have no ideas.

Any thoughts on timing and what I would be looking at for pricing would be greatly appreciated !!
    36 months is the term bit after reading the previous post i am having second thoughts. I do think the deals for leasing will be better in July '07.
  • pmeswanipmeswani Member Posts: 13
    Thanks a lot for your post.

Can you tell me where in Northern NJ you leased your vehicle? Any other advice?

I"m looking at the same exact car (FX35 AWD with Touring package) as you and am wondering if I should wait until July.

Thanks.
    I agree. I think (or should I say "I hope") the leasing deals will get better in July. Infiniti was offering great dealer incentives the last few months, but now that I'm about ready to pull the trigger, they stopped them. I just hope that the interest rates stay low. Good luck to you and please let us know how your negotiating goes.

Sal
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Davivi23, Infiniti Financial Services' money factors are the same for leases with 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year, but its residual values for 15k leases are 1% lower than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello nycjoker. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wizard26. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' lease program for this model. That is a good thing. Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. I believe that the 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That's almost exactly the discount that you are being given, so this looks like a very good deal to me. If you like the vehicle, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi nak026. I am familiar with Infiniti's VPP pricing program. I've always thought that it is not that great a program. While a number of other manufacturers' supplier purchase programs provide prices on vehicles that are well below dealer invoice, the selling price through the VPP program is 2.5% over :confuse: . I suspect that there is a very good chance that you can negotiate at least as good a price, if not a better one on your own. Shop around with a few dealers in your area without mentioning the fact that you qualify for the VPP program and see what sort of prices you can negotiate. You can always go with the VPP plan if you aren't able to beat it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atfryar. You really need to find out the exact MSRP and selling price that you are being charged for this vehicle. If the dealer won't share this information with you, find one that will. Looking at this info is the best way to evaluate your deal. If you are getting this truck for dealer invoice as you suspect, then this is indeed a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kennyjacob. The FX that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That is almost the exact discount that you are being given on it, which makes this a very good price. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00120 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lee0001. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this lease are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' base program for it. That is a good thing. Furthermore, you are being given a substantial $4,000 discount, which probably puts your selling price pretty close to dealer invoice. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gatorfan123. How about that whole Billy Donovan mess? Not a very smooth move on his part. Anyhow, this truck's lease program varies by term. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for, so for now I will assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 FX45 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Sal. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00176 and 48%, respectively. Infiniti is providing its dealers with $500 dealer cash certificates, up to three of which may be used on '07 FX35s, but I do not believe that this dealer cash is compatible with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Gary. $295 per month is a pretty low monthly payment for this truck, but I see that you need to make a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction in order to reach it. I am not a big fan of making large down payments when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make them because if their vehicle was totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered there is a good chance that they will lost all, or at least part of their down payment. You would be better off leasing without making any cap cost reduction, even though it means that you will have a higher monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Rich. The destination charge that you were quoted looks about right to me, but the bank fee looks a little high. Infiniti Financial Services does charge an acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases, but this fee is only $595. The dealer that you are working with is either running your lease through a bank other than IFS or marking up your bank fee to add additional hidden profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted looks pretty good to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00044 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, hull22. Infiniti Financial Services' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals and its 10k resids are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi redvelvet2620. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me. They are right in line with IFS' current program for it. The selling price that you were quoted, $800 over dealer invoice, looks reasonable as well. I have seen a few community members who have reported getting prices that are a couple hundred dollars lower than this, but overall I would say that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey funtodrive1. It is difficult to say what Infiniti's July lease program for the FX35 will be like. I don't expect Infiniti to make any major enhancements to its July lease program for this model, so there probably isn't much point to waiting to get one if you're ready to do so now. Again though it is difficult to say exactly what will happen next month for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    The current term I am looking at is 36 months w// 15k yr
    the residual is 71%. Me being SO new to leasing how can I turn this % into dollar amounts?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter from a large local newspaper would like to speak to consumers who have just leased a vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 21, 2007 with your daytime contact information

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jubes72jubes72 Member Posts: 4
    Am in Chicago and it seems Infiniti is giving the best deals on higher end SUV's. Is this a good deal? It is an 08 FX with Touring and Tech. Thanks for any help.

MSRP: 46,725
    MF: .00125
    Down: $4,000
    Payment: $499
    Miles/year: 15K
    Period: 24 months
    Residual value: 30,371 (65%)
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Your right about Billy D, but we're still happy to have him back. :-)

I was actually looking for a 24 or 21 month lease on the FX45. Based on the numbers you gave me, I assume Infiniti does not have the same lease support between FX35 and FX45.

As I said previously my lease on a FX35 ends in Aug and I was looking to see what it would cost to move up to the FX45. However, based on these numbers, it would appear the FX35 is a much better value.
    Car_man and all,

Im about to ink a deal on an FX35, and just wanted to know if this is a decent deal.

Its a FX35 w touring and hands free pkgs, also has splash guards, roof rails, and cargo mat -- MSRP $42420.

21 months 12K miles/ yr - $450 payment
    $3500 total drive off including taxes (8.75), first payment, 595 acq fee, and plates. IFS Lease.

Is this a good deal to move forward with ?

Any help I could get I would greatly appreciate !

Thanks ! :shades:
  • avallonsavallons Member Posts: 2
    It looks good to me! How much is the down payment out of the $3,500? What state are you in?
    I just inked a deal on a 2007 FX35 AWD with Tech/Sirius, touring, hands-free, roof rails, cargo mat, sunroof visor, and mud guards. Color: Ivory/wheat.

MSRP: 46,625
    Length: 21 month/12K
    Inceptions: 1,500
    Payment: 493/month (includes taxes & gap)

I feel pretty good about the deal. It was all negotiated over the phone. Took a few days, but I was exceptionally pleased with the dealer. Good luck to all still looking.
    (FYI: Inventories & color selections were getting slim on the 2007'S)
  • maxmirmaxmir Member Posts: 4
    Not much unless you want that 'Sheer Platinum' color option on your FX 35. Too bad that the brown leather is still not available on 35s.
    (from automovitive.com):
    NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Infiniti announced pricing on the 2008 Infiniti FX premium crossover sport utility vehicle, which goes on sale today at Infiniti retailers nationwide. For 2008, all FX models now include standard XM(R) satellite radio and body-colored satellite radio antenna. Sheer Platinum premium paint is now an option available on FX35 models equipped with the Sport Package. All 2008 FX models are equipped with a standard leather-appointed interior, 300-watt Bose(R) audio system with 11 speakers, RearView Monitor and 5-speed automatic transmission.

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2008 Infiniti FX starts at $37,950 for the rear-wheel drive 3.5-liter V6-equipped FX35 2WD; $39,450 for the all-wheel drive 3.5-liter V6-equipped FX35 AWD; and $50,000 for the 4.5-liter V8-powered all-wheel drive FX45 AWD.

The 2008 FX again showcases Infiniti's technology and engineering leadership with the available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, Infiniti Intelligent Key and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking.

The all-wheel drive FX45 comes with a standard 320-horsepower 4.5-liter DOHC V8 and includes 20-inch wheels and tires, numerous technology features and a sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension. Infiniti FX45 option packages include the Run-Flat Tire Package, Technology Package, Infiniti Navigation System, Mobile Entertainment System and Sheer Platinum Metallic paint.

The 2008 Infiniti FX35 features a 275-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and is available in all-wheel or rear-wheel drive. All FX models utilize a modified version of the advanced FM (Front Mid-ship) platform, enhanced for SUV duties. FX35 options include the Touring Package, Hands-Free Package, Sport Package, Run-Flat Tire Package, Technology Package, Mobile Entertainment System and Sheer Platinum Metallic paint (requires Sport Package).
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    2007 FX35
    Touring Package
    Hands Free Package
    MSRP $40,600
    Don't know the net cap cost.
    39 months @ $526.59 per month
    $1,915 (TTL and first payment)due at signing.

Should I accept this or is there more room to negotiate for a lower price?
  • myeclipsemyeclipse Member Posts: 10
    Does that 526.59 include tax?

I was quoted on a RWD with touring,handsfree,sports
    39 months 15000m/y --> $424 per month
    $3,300 (2,400 down)due at signing
    I'm in soCal

And I was told the special MF(0.00114)on 39 months will be ending by July,2nd. Anyone had the same info regarding the MF?
    Tough call. Need help from Car_man.

Just got this deal:
    2007 FX35 AWD with Touring and Hands Free
    MSRP $41,960 (Black with Brick leather)
    Selling Price: $38455.76
    72% Residual
    Money Factor: .00044
    Payment: $471 for 21 months (includes tax)
    $1481 due at signing

Thoughts? This sounds like a good eal but not sure.
    no $526.59 does not include tax. Tax is paid up front. Or can be rolled into payments which would take the payment up a bit.
    that seems like an attractive deal. I asked for a 21 month deal but the guy says payments would go higher than the $526.59 based on a 39 month lease. What state are you located in?
    I'm in NJ. From what I gather, they're trying to move the 2007s by July 2nd so I would shop a better deal around. The MF they gave me is really graet (1.09%).
    Hi,
    Your deal looks pretty good but your payment should be $452.40 per month according to the numbers that you provided (including the NJ 7% tax). Try to haggle a little more. It's the end of the month and they will want to make their quotas. Good luck.

Sal
    2007 FX35 RWD
    touring, hands free, sports, tech
    36 months, 15000m/yr
    MSRP: 46810
    Selling Price: 43575
    Monthly payment: 460 + tax
    with 3,300(2,400 down) initial payment

sounds good?
    Hey All,

I balked a little at the last deal i was offered and i ended up working out a little stronger one.

FX35 AWD w Touring and Hands Free, Rails and Splash -- dealer is installing Sirius

$450/ mo
    $3000 Total Drive Off
    21 mo / 12K yr

I feel pretty good about it, so I am picking it up on Monday ! :)
    Thanks Sal. I feel pretty good about the deal but will try to haggle a little more. Reasonable deal considering MSRP is $42K.
    I'm getting the same car without sport package for $471 including tax and only $1400 due at signing for 21 months/12K.

You can haggle some more.
    thanks for the reply pmeswani. I will try to knock a few bucks off. but looks like the MF is quite different between 21 month (0.0004) and 36 month (0.00114).

I got a quote on the same car for a 21 month lease, it's 430 plus tax. your deal still looks better though.
    That Deal sounds REALLY SWEET!!! What dealership, I am shopping in NJ as well! How many miles per year?
    Hi redvelvet,
    I just picked my FX up from Holman Infiniti of Maple Shade (NJ). The internet salesperson was Leon T. He was very cool about the whole process. I did all my negotiating with him over the phone and there were no tricks or surprises when I arrived. They had about 20 to 25 of the 2007's left but the colors were limited. Good luck with your deal and I'm sure you will love the FX.

Sal