Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem infinitimn. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello grumpduck. The $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2008 Infiniti FX35 is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. The money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 FX35 AWD is only .00120. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses that factor to calculate your monthly payment. Also, if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, there is a good chance that you can do better than $1,500 over dealer invoice on this truck. Shoot for $500 or $1,000 over.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome cpipes. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 55%, respectively. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in over in the new vehicle pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • ct1211ct1211 Member Posts: 56
    Hi Carman, you helped me with my last infiniti M35X lease. I'm about up on the lease and looking at the EX. Can you give me the money factors and residuals on this vehicle. I'm looking at 24 and 36 months @ 15K miles per year.!! Thanks

Craig
  • beach985beach985 Member Posts: 1
    With the 2009 FX 35 coing out shortly, when will be a good time to lease a 2008 FX 35? You have to assume that since there is a body change, that there will be major year end incentives.
  • 03qx03qx Member Posts: 91
    Car Man, Could you please post March Rates for the Infiniti EX35 & FX35. With both 12,000 & 15,000 miles per year. 24 and 36 months. Thanks
  • stotistoti Member Posts: 2
    What dealer?
  • googoomagoogooma Member Posts: 4
    Los Angeles area

08 FX35 AWD

36 Month Lease, 10K miles/yr

Sticker: 44,700
    Selling Price: 41,400

Money Factor: .0012
    Residual: 56%

Drive Off: ~$1500 (first payment, aquisition fee, registration)
    Payment: $480/mo + tax

Options include:
    Sport package, Touring Package, Handsfree, mud flaps, ipod integration
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    Do you guys think an x5 4.4i would be better than an fx45 offroad, or vice versa?
    If any of you own either of the cars itd be great if you could share any offroad/snow experiences youve had with them. Im looking at buying one or the other, and i want one that handles great, but it still somewhat rugged and can do some light offroading (ive been to bmw driving school in spartanburg, and i know that the x5's are pretty capable vehicles)...im just not sure of how they compare to the infiniti fx45...?
    Thanks so much
  • jangeljangel Member Posts: 1
    great deal, had my fx35 for 2 weeks, touring package, hands free and ipod, 15k year 39 month, $509 month, $2600 out the door, this is long island ny
    Hi 03qx. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services; current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 55%, respectively. If you were to lease this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 EX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00049 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00101 and 57%. Again the 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings googooma. I don't know this vehicle's exact dealer invoice price, but it probably has a spread of around $3,800 or so between its MSRP and invoice. If so, that puts the $3,300 discount that you were quoted at around $500 over invoice, which is an excellent price if it is before the $2,000 owner loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash incentives are taken into account. Make sure that the dealer subtracts the appropriate one from your FX's selling price. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model, which is a good thing.

Car_man
    Host
  • vince83vince83 Member Posts: 3
    Hello to everyone. I have a couple of questions.
    Currently I am leasing a 2006 FX35. The lease ends in September 2009. I want to get the new 2009 FX35 in June 2008. Do you think I can ask Infiniti FInancial to absorb my current lease so I can go ahead and get the new FX in June. Also, I prefer to pay cash for the car and drive off. Does that matter? Can I push Infiniti to let me go off my current lease?
    I also have a second question: Can I negotiate with the dealer a price under MSRP for the new FX35? What should I shoot for?
    Thanks in advance.
  • moscodemoscode Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable:

08 FX35 AWD, Sticker $42,700, $3K Trade + Dealer Incentives, 39 month w/15K per year $453 per month including tax, $23K buyout at end of lease

Any input would be appreciated. Also wondering if there is lease pricing out there for the 09 model
    Hi vince83. Manufacturers run early lease termination programs from time to time that let lessees out of their deals a couple of months early if they lease a new vehicle. Not only is Infiniti not running any sort of program like this that I am aware of, but even if it did your FX's end date is so far off you would never qualify for it. I am sorry to say that it is probably going to be fairly expensive to get out of your lease this far before its scheduled end date.

In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi moscode. I see that you mention having your trade and dealer cash subtracted from this truck's selling price. Are you getting a dealer discount as well? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you are not getting a dealer discount, you are overpaying for this FX by a couple thousand dollars.

Also, I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. there's nothing wrong with doing so, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from your deal as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you will be much safer with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • agoodsagoods Member Posts: 7
    Am I correct to assume that the current lease price on an FX35 will come down when the new FX model becomes available at the end of the month? Just trying to time it right. Thanks.
  • fishemcfishemc Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any insight into what the June residuals and money factors are on the FX35 AWD for both 24 and 36 month as well as 12K and 15K miles? Looking at leasing this month but want to make sure that I am getting a fair deal.
    Looking at the following spec for $41K
    Hands free
    Touring
    ipod
    Sport
    AWD

Thanks!!
  • mandarin1mandarin1 Member Posts: 3
    Here's the deal I just got.

FX35 RWD, Sheer Platinum, Handsfree, Touring, Sport, Tech, Ipod with 15K for 39 months. MSRP was just over 48K. I had 2,000 loyalty incentive.

620 per month with only 1st month's payment out of pocket.

My salesperson was great to work with and I'm sure with the '09 right around the corner the deals will continue to flow. If you need contact info please feel free to message me.
    Your guess was correct, agoods. Infiniti just enhanced its lease program on the FX35 last week.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, fishemc. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00094 and 54%. The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on leasing your new FX, mandarin1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • imujasimujas Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    Thank you for all of the great information you provide. Just wanted to find out if you have the June residual and money factor for 2008 FX 35 on a 39month lease (12K).
    Touring pkg
    Hands-free
    Tech pkg
    iPod.
    Thanks!
    Trying to negotiate an FX35 AWD and M35x (base model) simultaneously, and think that the FX35 is a better deal (particularly with the added incentives due to the new model due in at the end of the month).

What do you think of this deal?

MSRP: $43,020 (hands free, touring, ipod, etc.)
    Selling price: $38,200
    TOP: $2,524 (NY taxes, 1st mo, bank fee) + DMV
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10k/year
    Monthly pmt: $405.00

I think it is a pretty good deal, but still am unsure whether the M35x (which I like more and has an MSRP of $45,675) is worth $75/month more than the FX35. I am not eligible for the loyalty rebate (only the conquest rebate). I don't know if there is any room left on the price, although I am still actively negotiating.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    You're very welcome, imujas. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00095 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cherryhilljoncherryhilljon Member Posts: 1
    Holman Infinit, Maple Shade, NJ,

I just got a 3 yr lease, 12K/yr, touring package, hands free package, ipod hook up, roof rail, splash guards, MSRP, $43050

$480/mo including tax, $2600 total out of pocket including inception, motor vehicle and first mo.
  • taylrmdetaylrmde Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal??
    08 FX35 AWD, sport, touring, tech, handsfree.

12k miles year, 39 months

$550 month ($0 down) ~$1500 due at inception

Think I can get it lower? thanks for any input.
  • yyykenyyyken Member Posts: 14
    How do you think Infiniti will blow out the old 2008 FXs? . . .expecially the FX45 given gas prices? Looking for a deal later this year when my lease runs out on another car . . . . . Or is the better value in a used low mile (<20k) used '07+?
    Thanks, Car_man. What was the enhancement to the lease program? I see Infiniti announced $3000 in marketing support, but I did not think this applied to leases.

In any event, I think I am going to pull the trigger this weekend. The terms of the deal offered are:

MSRP: $43,020 (hands free, touring, ipod, etc.)
    Selling price: $38,200
    TOP: $2,524 (NY taxes, 1st mo, bank fee) + DMV
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10k/year
    Monthly pmt: $405.00

I am still trying to negotiate the dealer to pick up part or all of my last lease payment on my current lease.

Please let me know what you think.
  • mandarin1mandarin1 Member Posts: 3
    As an update to my posting I should tell you that my deal is in the Dallas area. In Texas tax is charged on the purchase price of the vehicle and not the per month lease price.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    How come no 1 here is interested yet about the new FX.
    What's a better deal a new 2009 FX35 or a used low milage (<20K) fx45 ('06+)?
    The used FX45s should drop in price even more after the new FX is released & it looks like the new FX35 will be quicker than the old fx45?
    I guess your correct every1 seems to be looking for a better deal.

Yes I am not sure but probably the new fx35 will be faster than the old fx45.

Can you adjust the height in the FX?
    This forum has been dead for a while never got many replys from here.

I wonder where is all the fx buyers. I would like to know how comfortable is the FX compare to the x5 x6 cayenne ML and especially the lexus RX.
  • mfeirmanmfeirman Member Posts: 8
    FX35 with Touring and Hands Free package
    39 months - 12k miles per year
    $2,900 due at signing (taxes, fees, etc - I've been told no cap cost reduction) (NY state)
    $395 per month

I hounded the dealer for a while, and was very happy with this.

:shades:
    mfeirman,

I recently locked in a similar deal. Similar packages (MSRP $43,020), with TOP about $2500 (inclusive of taxes and all fees), with a monthly payment of $405.

Which dealer in NY did you use?
  • mfeirmanmfeirman Member Posts: 8
    This was Infiniti of Massapequa.

However, this was based on the loyalty rebate of $2k, which the dealer now is saying he can not get since my name is not on the current infiniti which my family owns.

Is your $405 with the loyalty? If not, which dealer? I am back on the hunt!!!
    mfeirman,

My deal included the $1k conquest rebate (not the $2k loyalty). I took delivery last night from Competition Infiniti in St. James/Smithtown. They were great to deal with and delivered the car last night to my home in Nassau County.

I dealt with the internet manager, Fritz Jean, who was a real pleasure to work with.

Good luck!
  • mishka2mishka2 Member Posts: 1
    agoods,

The deal you mention sounds very reasonable, especially if its a 12K/yr 39mo lease?
    All my local dealers seam to have 3 fx35 & one fx50

How bad are the initial lease deals on '09s?
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    If anyone is considering leasing a 2008 FX35 my opinion is that now is a very good time. I need to do the calculations to figure out my exact cap cost, but I figure it was about $38,500 on a 2008 FX35 with Premium, tech, Ipod, xrails, splash, and cargo. The MSRP was $43,020. I took advantage of a $2k cash back for previous Infiiniti owners/leasers, which was deducted from my cap cost (i.e. $38,5- $2). Overall this represented a very good deal vs the competition, which in my estimation were the 09 Murano and the 08 RDX. All in all I feel like the value for the $ was much greater with Infiniti than with Nissan or Acura. (Acura had good lease rates if you wanted to drive a mom car with a 4c engine but nice luxury features, and Nissan had terrible rates for an SUV that is a great product with a ho-hum/everyday reputation that everyone else is driving).

Mf was 0.00095, residual was 66% on a 24/12 lease. If anyone in Chicagoland is looking for one of these let me know, I'll tell you who is dealing. If you check dealer inventory it's pretty obvious.
  • dmcmdmcm Member Posts: 12
    Carman or kyfdx

My lease is almost up on my 2006 FX 35 and I am going to lease a 2009 FX 35. What is the money factor and residual percentage for a 39 and 24 month lease?

Love this site. Thanks for your help.
    While I don't know the answer to your question, I do know that as of a few days ago there's a $2000 factory to dealer incentive on the 09 FX35. One of the guys I was dealing with told me it came in the night before I made my deal. It was still going to cost a lot more for the 09 than the 08 tho'.
  • ingvaringvar Member Posts: 205
    > If anyone in Chicagoland is looking for one of these let me know, I'll tell you who is
    >dealing. If you check dealer inventory it's pretty obvious.
    Hi, I am looking for F35 lease for my girlfriend, please send me information.
    Ingvar- Lisle and Glencoe are both willing to make deals on this car. I suspect that Barrington will too, but they didn't send me a quote after I requested it. I think they didn't want to deal with me, would rather wait for a fish to come in.
  • jsilvermanjsilverman Member Posts: 2
    Just returned from negotiating for a 2009 Fx35 loaded. Walked from the deal as the residual factor for 24 months was .61 and for 39 months was 0.49. I understand that the motivation to negotiate on a brand new model yr is low - but hey Nissan just took a 21% drop in sales as has nearly every other car manufacturer. This residual is crap.
  • dmcmdmcm Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the residuals. How many miles were in your pricing and do you remember the money factor?
  • jsilvermanjsilverman Member Posts: 2
    15 K miles and I am unsure of the exact money factor. They were VERY unwilling to move off of the sticker price. Another dealer stated that it would take 1-3 months for the dealers to want to move off of the MSRP - but definitely not 6 months.
  • reggeregge Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking into leasing an 08 FX 35 AWD with the hands free and touring package. A local area dealer made this offer: $8000 off msrp, 10m miles per year 36 month lease $690 per month with nothing out of pocket. Sounds to high to me considering msrp less the 8,000. What are your thoughts? I also just got off the phone with him and was reading him some of the deals I see on this site. He was blown away. Is this guy smoking something or what??
    That $690 number is WAY too high. I don't think the $3000 support applies to leases, so perhaps he's not really talking $8000 off MSRP.

Calculating the amount of a monthly car lease payment is very easy, just look it up on the web. Don't forget to add sales taxes and other fees into the cap cost. You should not be talking monthly payments until you negotiate cap costs. Then you figure out what the captive lease rates are (i.e. the money factor and residuals offered by Infiniti Leasing Corp) and the math follows from there. Good luck.