Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, dknetz. Dealers usually have the authority to "mark-up" banks' buy rate lease money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. So your job isn't done once you have negotiated an attractive selling price. Once you have arrived at an attractive price, you still need to make sure that your car's lease payment is being calculated using its buy rate lease money factor. I can usually give community members an idea of what that number is for the vehicle that they are interested in. Unfortunately, if you have physically taken delivery of your leased vehicle, there's nothing that you can do to renegotiate your deal at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Thanks Car_man for your reply!
  • elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    Car_Man-

Thanks for the response.

Interesting advertisement in this weekends local paper. Can someone comment on how the Infiniti dealership can get such low lease prices?

'06 G35 AWD sedan, 10k/year, $0.15 addt'l mileage, no options, no money down (only TTL and $550 bank fee), $349/month. MSRP $35,010, 39 months

'05 G35 coupe 10k/year, $0.15 addt'l mileage, no options, no money down (only TTL and $550 bank fee), $349/month. MSRP $36,100. 24 months

I couldn't come close to either of these prices with current MF and residuals. The fine print does mention that each includes $500 college rebate qualifications. Can anyone advise if this is legitimate? I did check the dealership's inventory and both cars are listed as available. Thanks.
  • busyboy21busyboy21 Member Posts: 1
    Please help. I made a local dealer an offer from his sale offer of 34,777 for a 2006 coupe 6MT with premium package. I went online to compare the leasing options versus purchase.

I offered to pay security deposit, 1st month and acq. fee totaling 1650 with 550 monthly payment for 36 months. This is a good deal? Should I be asking about anything else? They want me to come in tonight. Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    2006 G35x with sunroof, but no other options - 10k/year, 39 months, zero down, no sec deposit with first month, bank fee, and TTR for $399 (this includes NJ tax).

2005 G35 auto coupe with premium package (600 miles on car), same details as above for $399/month.

I've run Car_Man's MF and residuals and it seems like the G35x can be had for dealer invoice.

Good luck on your shopping...
  • stugotsstugots Member Posts: 2
    Hello., I am interested in leasing a 2006 G35 6MT loaded.
    MSRP around 40.000.00
    Residual 56%
    20.000 miles a year
    39 months
    1st month / Motor Vehicles / Bank fee down
    What can I expect to pay?
    The dealer says that he is giving me the car for invoice. the payment he quoted me was $573.00 a month inc tax
    I have tried the lease calculator but I do not fully understand it.
    Thank you
    Dennis
    :)
  • djbmwdjbmw Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    I wanted to leave some feedback for a 2005 g35 coupe lease.
    Term: 36k/36m
    Color: Silver
    Transmission: Auto
    Package: Premium
    Wheels: 18"
    Selling price: $32,415
    Acquisation fee: $550
    MF: 0.00179
    residual: 58%
    no security
    minimum down (first month + acq fee + dmv fee)
    monthly: $440
    floor mats, splash guards and every other oil change free included in the deal.

dj
  • oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    Dear Car_Man,

My 2003 G35 Coupe lease is up in March and the KBB price for my car is $3k - 5k above the payoff amount for the car. However, I do not want another Infiniti and was wondering if there was anyway to trade this car into a BMW dealer for a new lease without going through the payoff process?

I would rather not go through the hassle of paying off the car, receiving the title and reselling it afterwards?

Thank you.
  • joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    Hey Car_Man,

I'm digging around for the residual value and buy-rate money factor for a 2006 G35 coupe for both a 24 and 36 month lease given 20,000 miles per year. The MSRP for the car I'm interested in is $39,210 and the dealer gave me a preliminary quote of $36,205 (I think he can still go lower, but we'll see). At the time I was in there, he didn't have the February lease information- can you please help me out?

Thanks!
    -Josh
  • wtoyzwtoyz Member Posts: 2
    Hello all

I'm new to the coupe game and cant wait to get my new car. But I have a problem I think, I had to order my coupe 6MT simply cause I wanted every option in it. The price the dealer quoted me was $39,900 MSRP was $40,400 he would only take off 500 bucks so I said ok for now paid him a deposit. Well the car is going to be here around the 24th of February and now that I have found this forum and reading prices you guys are getting I think I may be getting screwed. This is what we worked out before I Paid him to order the car 36 month lease 12,000 miles a year residual 58% $600.74 a month in payments I haven't signed anything dealing with final price what is a way to get them to come down in price and save myself some money he's saying high demand and that is low as he will go. I guess what is the bottom line he is paying for the car. What is the real invoice price. What can I do to get him to bring the price down lower. I have Been approved thru Infiniti finance already for the car.

Please help with any input would be great.

Thanks
    Aaron
  • cjs1cjs1 Member Posts: 4
    car_man - I am close to signing a lease on a 2006 Infiniti g35x sedan with the premium package. The lease includes 12,000 miles a year for a 39 month term. The dealer is quoting a .00177 money factor and a 58% residual through Infiniti Financial Services. Are these numbers accurate or has the money factor been marked up? Also, do you have the terms for an equivalent 42 month lease? The selling price is about $700 over invoice, which seems to be a pretty fair deal. Thanks.
    You're very welcome, benji123.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, elansp. Those are very attractive lease payments for these vehicles. I wonder what selling prices the dealer used to arrive at them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello busyboy21. I'd be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this car's full MSRP. This will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and enable me to calculate a lease payment on it to compare to the one that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Dealer invoice on this car is an excellent deal, elansp. Good job in negotiating such a solid lease. It definitely helps that you are in an area that has intense competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dennis. I'd be happy to estimate what this car's lease payment should be for you. However in order for me to do so I need to know its selling price. An exact MSRP would be helpful as well. Once you have these numbers, let me know and I'll use Infiniti's current lease program to estimate what your payment should be for you.

You mentioned that you do not fully understand Edmunds.com's lease calculator. You may want to check out the following article that is available here at Edmunds.com. It should help you get a better understanding of how lease payments are calculated: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, djbmw. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi oghowie. Consumers occasionally are able to trade their leased vehicles in for a profit, even at dealers that do not sell the same brand. Once you find a BMW dealer that is willing to give you the sort of deal that you are looking for, you will have to discuss their willingness to take your car as a trade and how much they will give you for it. Sometimes KBB prices are a little wacky, so your car might now be worth as much on the open market right now as you think though. You may want to stop by the following discussion to get additional feedback on how much your G35 is worth right now: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Car_man
    Host
    I sure can, Josh. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00229 and 59%. I gave you the 15,000 miles per year residual values for this car because that is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Aaron. You probably should be able to negotiate a larger discount than $500 on an Infiniti G35 Coupe right now. The problem is that you already agreed to a price on a car that a dealer specifically ordered for you. They probably are not going to be very willing to lower its price at this point. They can't force you to take delivery of this car, so you can walk away from this deal if you really want to...but they will likely try to keep any sort of deposit that you made. You might as well try to negotiate a lower price and see what they say. The worst thing that can happen is they would say no. You can find the dealer invoice information that you are looking for in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cjs1. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 G35 AWD is .00147. As you can see, it looks as though the dealer is marking your factor up a little bit. If you are having this car's security deposit waived, it would explain some of the difference. Infiniti Financial Services will waive its lease security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in a vehicle's money factor. The residual value that you were quoted is right on the money though. The numbers for a 42 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this car right now should be .00148 and 56%. The selling price that you were quoted sounds reasonable to me as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • girlhoogirlhoo Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

I have been shopping for a new 2006 G35 6MT loaded (every option available) and here is what one dealer gave me for a price:

MSRP: 40,680
    Sales Price: 37,900
    Residual : 59%
    15k miles/yr
    36 months
    529/month + tax
    taxes: 6.5%
    1st month / Bank Fee / Motor Vehicles: 1945.00

Does this seem like a good deal? Are there any other national companies that offer leasing on vehicles besides Infiniti?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Scarlett
  • cjs1cjs1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot Car_man. I thought they might be marking up the rate, although they denied it when I asked (not suprising but also not a good sign). Just a quick clarification: my quote was for a 39 month lease and your response referenced a 36. Can you confirm the rate and residual for a 39 month lease on a 2006 G35 AWD @ 12k/year?
  • joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    Thanks a lot, Tarry!
  • slightboslightbo Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_Man

Can you please let me know the money factor and residual for leasing a 2005 G35 sedan for 36 or 39 months, whatever is available.

Thanks!
  • stugotsstugots Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 2006 Infiniti G35 6MT (loaded) every available option.

Inceptions down (Roughly $1500.00 oop)
    $575.00 included tax
    20,000 miles a year
    39 months
    200 over invoice.
    Thank you to everyone for all your advice
    :shades:
    Dennis
  • emswissemswiss Member Posts: 3
    Dennis -

Do you mind me asking what cap cost you were able to get? I am having the dealer hunt down a G35MT with nav for me currently. They stated that finding one with nav would be difficult and I got the impression that I would have to accept just getting one without that option...sadly. Did you get the same feeling when shopping for yours? And how quickly were the able to scrounge one up?

Thanks
  • howielhowiel Member Posts: 2
    Just sharing my new lease info. I picked up my G35x on Saturday (New York).
    G35x
    Premium Package C
    Sirius
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Mat
    MSRP - $37,800

This was a sign&drive, with no money down except for the security deposit (tax was rolled into the payments).
    10k/year
    $441/month
  • jaguilajaguila Member Posts: 12
    I'm thinking of purchasing a 06 G35X using VPP. I know this is already computed based on Invoice price. Will I still have the ability to haggle with the dealer, i.e., taking off or discounting add-on fees including dealer fees? Would you think it's a good idea if I walk in there and haggle with them and if I don't get the price I want, tell them I have VPP? Thanks in advance.
  • deutch194deutch194 Member Posts: 6
    Carman,

Can you give me the 24, 36, 42 month, 12,000 miles/year money factor and residuals for a 2006 G35 sedan 6mt when you get a moment? I am trying to decide what will be in my best interest for a leasing time period.

Thanks!
  • bigpuppybigpuppy Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I recently leased an '06 Coupe 6MT under the Vehicle Purchase Program and ended up splitting dealer fees 50/50, so I'd say the answer to your question is a definitive yes.

As for getting a better price I would say it depends on where you live. The VPP price on my vehicle equated to ~$200 over invoice. I've read that folks in SoCal have actually done a bit better without VPP, but it also happens to be the most competitive market so it'd be tough to duplicate anywhere else.

Also check the VPP Web site for any current incentives on the G35X that may be available to you.

Good luck!
  • naijaprncessnaijaprncess Member Posts: 5
    Hi howiel,

That sounds like a really great deal. I live in near NY and I am looking into leasing an Infinti but was going to go some place further down south to lease. But I may just be able to purchase it in this neighborhood then. Do You mind telling me where you leased your car from? Much Appreciated!!!
  • naijaprncessnaijaprncess Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys,

Please give me your input on the following quote I received from a dealer. Any help would be quite appreciated. Carman You advice will def help my wallet & that goes for everyone. Thanks & Cheers
    2006 G35 Sedan
    Color: Diamond Graphite w/ Graphite Interior (black)
    Options: Premium Pkg. C, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat
    MSRP:$35,650
    Selling Price:$34,100
    Acquisition Fee: $550
    MF: 1.63
    Residual: $20,677

39 Month Lease - 12K - $481 month w/ $481 first payment down
    42 Month Lease - 12K - $474 month w/474 first payment down
  • shaaneshaane Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm trying to lease a 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT. The dealer has given me the following quote for the coupe(color: Black) with Premium Pkg., Trunk Mat and Rear active steer package.

MSRP: $38,130
    Selling Price: $35,800
    Residual Value (39 month): $21,000
    Initial payment: $1457 (incl. first month payment, dealer fees, registration fees, bank fees)

39 Month Lease - 15K - $568 (incl. tax)
    24 Month Lease - 15K - $595 (incl. tax)

My credit rating: 650

Can you guys let me know if this is a good deal? Also, the dealer is offering me "Tire and Road protection for 5 years" ($895) and "teflon coating and paint protection for 5 years" ($595). Do I need to take this or can I safely avoid them? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    can't help you with your payment, but I can tell you not to take the extra "mop n' glow" garbage (tire protection and paint protection). First off, they are useless and not worth nearly the money anyway, but, second of all, why would you even consider 5 years of any protection on a 3-year lease??

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• carlos_26carlos_26 Member Posts: 5
    Is the initial pymt (axq fees) negotiable?

I got the following quote:

2006 G35 6MT Twilight blue, with premium package and navigation

MSRP 36850
    Sell for 34000
    58% Residual
    .00163 Rate

39month + 12K/yr $455 month (tax incl)

Acq Fees:
    $455 1st month
    $330 Motorvehicles Fee
    $550 Bank Fees
    $189 Doc Fees

• shaaneshaane Member Posts: 2
    Thanks qbrozen. So, you feel given my credit rating whatever lease payment quote I got from dealer is fair. Based on your advice, I have decided not to take the "teflon coating" option provided by the dealer. However, I might take the "Road and Tire protection" as Boston roads SUCK. If I take it, I'll make sure that I pay only for 3yrs.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    well, if i plug the info you provided into edmunds lease calculator, I get a payment of about $576 (although i don't know your tax rate or money factor, so i used the defaults provided by edmunds). Sounds like your dealer is offering you a payment right around there.

Personally, if I were you, I'd take the 24-month lease. For only $27 more, seems like that's a better deal.

what is involved in the "road and tire protection"?
    I bought my tires from DiscountTireDirect and they only charged me $10 per tire for road hazzard protection.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113
    Just wanted to share the deal I ended up signing. I live in Texas.

06 G35 Sedan with auto, Premium C, Trunk Mat & Splash Grds;
    24-month lease with 12,000 miles/yr;
    Selling price: Invoice + $500 (Invoice appears $60 lower than Edmunds' number). Price includes window tinting;
    Cap cost reduction: zero;
    Residual: 70%;
    MF: .00133;
    Sales Tax: Infiniti pays sales tax (In TX, it's 6.25% on the entire selling price minus trade-in). I pay 1.25% L&M fee on selling price minus trade-in (I get cash for the trade);
    Acq Fee: $550; rolled into lease;
    No disposition fee or security deposit;
    Total monthly payment: $455;
    Total Drive-off cost: First month + $181 (registration/inspection/doc fees).
  • fycffycf Member Posts: 3
    I would like the March mf and RV numbers on a 2 year lease, with 12,000 m/yr, for the 06 g35 coupe.

Also, does Gap insurance comes automatically as part of a lease with Infiniti Financial Services? I don't want to pay extra for it.

Thanks.
  • dkl14dkl14 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I received a quote today for a 2006 G35 Coupe (Premium, Sport Package, Aero) with an MSRP of $39,000 and a selling price of $35,822 ($200 over invoice). The dealer quoted $482.69/month (no down) with a lease money factor of 0.00229 and a residual of 60% for a 36-month lease with 10K miles/year. Is this in line with your IFS numbers? Thanks.

Danny
    Here you go, deutch194. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00133 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00159 and 59%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be .00172 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi naijaprncess. To start things off, the lease money factor that you were quoted, .00163, is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for this car. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to add any hidden back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted for this car appears to be around $1,000 or so over dealer invoice. This is an OK price, but I would not be surprised if you were able to do a little better if you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carlos. Infiniti Financial Services charges a $550 acquisition fee, aka bank fee, on every vehicle that it leases. All consumers have to pay this charge and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it. You can roll it into your car's capitalized cost rather than pay it at lease signing though if you want. All banks that lease vehicles also require consumers to pay their first month's payment at lease signing as well. This isn't a big deal since you would have had to pay it anyhow. If you don't want to roll them into your car's cap cost, you will have to pay any required state fees, like the motor vehicle fee that you mentioned, at signing as well. This brings us to the doc fee. Doc fees are not much more than a way for dealers to add profit to deals. Of course, running a dealership is very expensive and they are performing a service for you by saving you the trip to the DMV to register your vehicle. Most dealers charge doc fees and a $189 charge is not that outrageous. Just think about it as part of your vehicle's total price. If the price that you are getting this car for, including the fee is less than or in line with what you would have to pay to get one from another dealer in your area, it doesn't really matter how the price breaks down.

Car_man
    Host
    Congtats on your new car, jccai1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, fycf. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 70%, respectively. I suspect that IFS does include gap insurance with its leases at no additional charge, but you will have to ask your dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • huskie13huskie13 Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to buy a G35x, with the premium package C, Navigation, and painted splash gaurds.
    MSRP $39,320
    Could you let me know at $600.00 over invoice,$36,571 what my payment should be on a 24 and 36 month lease, and what the MF, and RV would be at 12,000 miles
    I would like to include taxes which are 8.5% or $3100.00
    Thanks
    Brad
  • josh3888josh3888 Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon, Car_man!

My local dealership just gave the following numbers:
    G35 coupe
    Premium package, Sports Tune Suspension, Nav, trunk mat, splash guard
    MSRP $40,530
    24 mon with one pay lease, $1000.00 down, 15K miles/yr
    $18,257.06
    It comes out $802.38/yr.
    I do not think this is real. What do you think? Thanks for your help!

Josh
  • infiniteinfinite Member Posts: 1
    Of all the Infinite posts being posted about Infiniti's; here's another one which should push things beyond Infinity.

For a long time I've debated between a TL,G35 and A4. I've finally settled down to take a G35x AWD with Premium Package C. Here are the best numbers I've got so far from a dealer:

It's a 15K miles an year, 39 month lease. The quote I got puts it at $34555, which seems to be 300$ more than the invoice price. 435$ is the monthly payment, with 1535 due at signing, which includes the first monthly payment, 550 bank fee, registration, doc fee etc. 0$ cash down.

Now this 435$ includes the NJ state tax.

Now can any wisemen go through this and tell me if it's wise enough for me to go ahead with this deal?

With Infinite Regards
    Infinite
  • bigred8bigred8 Member Posts: 8
    can anyone tell me what would be a really good price to pay for a '06 G35x? Also, if I were to lease one, what would be a good money factor and residual price? Is there any other information I need when leasing. I have never leased and don't feel very comfortable doing them.