Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• jas_sajas_sa Member Posts: 4
    Here is the offer I got today. Would you please let me know shall I go for it or is there any room for negotiations?

Total due at signing - $3,494.52
    First monthly payment $358.76
    Fees: $377
    Acq. fee $595.00
    Cap reduction tax $164.92
    Down payment: $1,999
    Security deposit $0.00

Money factor is 0.00157 on 21 months.
    Residual at 71% with value of $25,162.40 at end of term.
    $331.42 base payment + 8.25% monthly use tax $27.34 equals $358.76 per month.
    MSRP of $35,440, invoice of $32,543, and initial cap cost of $32,293.

Thanks!
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    jas,

I assume your offer is for an '07 coupe. If so, you should know that there is a $1500 cash to dealer incentive for '07 G35 Coupes...

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/infiniti/g35/100819281/incentives.html

This means that your agreed upon value (i.e., sell price) should be $1500 below invoice ($32,543.00 - $1,500.00 = $31,043.00).

If you can avoid putting money down, you would be well advised to do so. A car is a depreciating asset and if you total the vehicle, you're not very likely to recover your down payment. The $387 fee I'll assume includes a doc fee and license fee.

So, here's what I have...

Adj. Cap = $31,043.00

Zero Down

Residual = $25,162.40

MF = 0.00157

Term = 21 months

Base Payment = 0.00157(31,043.00 + 25,162.40) + (31,043.00 - 25,162.40)/21

= 368.27

Payment w/tax @8.25% = 398.65

Items Due at Lease Signing...

1st. Payment = 398.65

Fees = 377.00

Acq. Fee = 595.00

TOTAL DUE = 1,370.65... assuming none of the fees are taxable.

Although the difference in payments means an additional $840 (21 x $40) over the term of the lease, you're saving about $2,130 (3,500 - 1,370) up front which translates to a net savings of about $1,290 (2,130 - 840).

Now, isn't that much better? I suggest you bank the $1,999 down payment and use it to subsidize your lease payments if neecessary. Otherwise, use it to take a nice well deserved vacation.

John
  • lustman02lustman02 Member Posts: 3
    I went to the local infiniti dealer yesterday with interest in purchasing a G35 Coupe. I was on the lot for over 10 minutes and no one even bothered to assist me. By the way, they were not swamped with customers. Guess I did not appear to them to be worthy of an infiniti. I came home and contacted the dealer and of course, gained there apology. I was told though they DO NOT sell at invoice. They offer other many things that compensate for this. Free Saturday carwash, free loaner call when car is brought in for an oil change etc. It's 15 miles each way to the dealer - not real cost prohibitive for either... I then inquired about the $1500 support for the dealer on the G35 Coupe. Was told they were not aware any such thing.
    I was told that if I wanted to cut a deal like I was looking for then I would need to go the Cincinatti or Chicago to do so. I told them fine and have a nice day!

2nd dealer today got very upset when I brought up the $1500 support from Infiniti. Of course he did not know anything about this either. He then asked how much money I thought the dealer should make on the car. I told him I thought around $500 was fair. He told me that a car dealers overhead was $50,000 per month and with deals like that they might as well close up. He then told me I was not the kind of customer they were interested in.

Am I way off here? Or am I just getting off on the wrong foot to start this purchase. Both dealers were told that I had a fico of 713 and I had NO trade in.

Should I look at a different brand? Any help you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jim
  • katekikateki Member Posts: 3
    Is the cap reduction tax that is included in the drive off negotiable?
  • painfinitypainfinity Member Posts: 7
    Thanks to all for their post. They were very helpful in my purchase. Here is the deal. G35X Sedan w/ premium, splash guards and cargo net. Price MRSP 37200. , price paid 34595. Lease terms as folows. 15000 miles per year, 39 months, 1300.00 due at signing plus 1st payment of 499.00. I would have liked to do better, however this is the best deal I could find within three states. I did have to fly to the dealer to get the car, $60.00 plane ticket was worth it. Thanks again to all. The cars are hard to find in certain colors and interiors.
    Bob
    Jim,

I assume you're looking at an '07 G35 Coupe. If you read some of the posts in the Infinity forums, you'll discover that there are folks getting the '07 G35 Coupes for $1500 below invoice. I would speak with other dealers. In fact, it may behoove you to look out of state as well. And so, $1500 below invoice is not unrealistic for '07 G35 Coupes.

One comment...

NEVER EVER tell a dealer how much you think that they should make on a car. It's a trap and leads to unnecessary conversation. Furthermore, it is a ridiculous question. I have gotten that question too. My response is that I have no clue and, frankly, don't care. I have no idea what their costs are and don't have sufficient data to contruct a profitability profile as I would need access to both revenues and costs. What they make on a car is none of my business and I couldn't care less. Like Vito Corleone (God Father) once said... "I don't get involved with things that don't concern me."

I ALWAYS FAX/email a one page lease proposal. Every number is spot on. The dealer only has to respond with a YES or NO. If yes, then they can transfer the numbers on my proposal onto the lease agreement. I tell them to have the keys and papers ready for me to sign. That's all there is to it. If they ask me how I arrived at the Agreed Upon Value (sell price) or some other silly questions, I tell them that it's irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not they can do the deal. And so, all I want to hear is YES we can or; NO we can't. If the answer is no, I simply FAX/email another dealer.

John
    kateki,

"Is the cap reduction tax that is included in the drive off negotiable?"

Tax on anything taxable is never negotiable. If you owe Uncle Sam $X, that's non-negotiable.

John
  • lustman02lustman02 Member Posts: 3
    John

I am going to look out of state for the car. And yes it is the G35 coupe.

Thanks for the great advice! I guess I am going to PLAY dumb and stupid to be in their game. I'm just beginning this journey and am sick of it all ready!

Thanks again for your comments! I appreciate ya!

Jim
    Jim,

Good luck! If you need further assistance, let me know.

John
  • jas_sajas_sa Member Posts: 4
    John,

Thanks much for taking your time to respond to my question.
    You're correct, it is '07 Coupe, and the $387 fee includes:
    License fee $274.00
    CA Tire fee $8.75
    Doc fee $45.00
    Acq fee tax $49.09

Your calcs are exactly what I was hopping for to negotiate better terms with the dealer. I am too interested for a smaller initial out of pocket expense. I'll e-mail him my proposal (based on your inputs) and we'll see what's going to happen. I'll keep you posted.

Jas
  • pramaprama Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted for G35 Journey/Nav/Prem
    MSRP 37815
    Selling price 34230
    MF .00227
    Residual 55%
    39 mons
    18000/yr
    0 down
    0 SD
    Is the MF and Res look right? Other posting seems to suggest the MF should be lower?
    jas,

Let me know if I can help you with the lease proposal. If you examine some of my earlier posts, you'll discover that I have posted sample proposals.

Good luck!

John
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I assume your offer is for an '07 coupe. If so, you should know that there is a $1500 cash to dealer incentive for '07 G35 Coupes...

I posted here the other day that the incentive can't be combined with the cheap lease rates. So there is a $1,500 to $2,000 dealer incentive, but only if you purchase or finance the car. If you want the discounted lease rates, the incentive does not apply.

Dennis
  • ixjunitxiixjunitxi Member Posts: 7
    YES....the incentives that Infiniti is offering for the g35 coupe is for PURCHASES ONLY!!!! And cannot be applied to a lease!!!SO the MOST you should pay for a coupe is INVOICE nothing more!
  • phantom5phantom5 Member Posts: 22
    I am coming off of a 12 month lease for my 06 coupe. My payments are $360/month. I want to lease an 07 but I can't believe what the dealers want a month. I was quoted with a true 0 down $650/month for a loaded 07 G35. Thats almost twice as much as i was paying before for the same car I leased 12 months ago.

Anyone else having this problem???
  • billk7billk7 Member Posts: 6
    I am in similar boat. Had one year lease of 06 for 525....no simpathy from me here..got about the same deal on an 07..looking at 3rd party leases but no luck so far. Keep me posted.
  • mccrimmonmccrimmon Member Posts: 3
    Alright guys, really hoping someone can help me out here. My sister's lease is about up on her ou can Passat. She only has a couple of weeks. I know she really wants a G35 and I'm trying to she if she can afford it and trying to understand this whole leasing business. I've built a couple cars and I'm thinking she'd want the G35 Journey w/Prem. Package, but I'll list her "must haves" and see if you can suggest otherwise:

Bluetooth
    Dual-zone Auto. Climate
    Heated Seats
    Navigation would be nice, but I don't know if that would be feasible

Lease she's looking for:

Either 36Month/15k or 36Month/12k
    Can afford up to about $500 per month, but closer to 450 would be great
    Credit is great

As I was reading on here I'm noticing that they seem to be able to negotiate the price quite a bit on the 07 G sedans? Are there many 07s left on the lots? I'm hoping someone could help me out with a couple model suggestions if mine isn't the best and with some numbers so I can get an idea of things and try to understand all of this. Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thanks
    The coupe is probably even more negotiable...since new model just out..either way...nav is very pricey...unless she really needs it...will drive up lease about 75 bucks a month...I'll bet you can find a deal like that....it is a great car...does she need/want a sedan?
  • reynoldgreynoldg Member Posts: 2
    i was looking at the lease proposal that John set up for jas and i couldn't get the math to go right. basically i want a little help in setting up a proposal for a g35 coupe plain.
    reynoldg,

Okay, I understand you want some help setting up a lease proposal for a plain vanilla '07 G35 Coupe. First, I suggest you check edmunds or kbb for MSRP/Invoice pricing and incentives. I believe there is a $1500 cash to dealer incentive for '07 coupes. Search the Infiniti forums to see what the money factor (buy rate) and residual factor is as well as what others are paying in terms of a sell price.

I'm a math guy and don't care much for data collection. And so, I'll leave it up to you to fetch the actual data. Here is an outline of what you need to do...

There are three formulas that you need to understand.

(1) A = V + F - K

(2) R = Residual Factor x MSRP

(3) P = M x (A + R) + (A - R)/N

where:

A = Adj. Cap Cost

V = Agreed Upon Value (Sell Price)

F = Amounts Financed (capitalized) in the lease

K = Capitalized Cost Reductions

R = Residual Value

P = Payment (may or may not include taxes depending upon whether or not taxes are capitalized in the lease).

M = Money Factor

N = Term (months)

Now, consider the following hypothetical example...

MSRP = 37,000

V = 33,000

F = 600 (acquisition Fee)

K = 1,000

A = 32,600

Res. Factor = 54%

R = 0.54 x 37,000 = 19,980

MF = 0.00180

Term = 36 months

Base Payment = 0.00180 x (32,600 + 19,980) + (32,600 - 19,980)/36

= 445.20

If your state taxes the payment streams and your sales tax rate is 6.00%, then

Payment w/ tax = 471.91

Items Due at Lease Signing...

1st. Payment = 471.91

Sec. Dep. = 475.00

TTL = 150.00

TOTAL DUE = 1,096.91

You may want to look at some of my sample lease proposals in this forum as well as others (e.g., Post #893 in the Lexus RX350 forum... aujoe1, "Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #874, 20 Aug 2007 8:05 pm).

If you still need some help, please email me and I'll be happy to provide any needed assistance.

John
    Medina, Ohio
  • mccrimmonmccrimmon Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, she needs the sedan for car seat usage as well as space. doesn't want anything much smaller than her current car. Def. doesn't need nav so that should be just fine. She really wanted an SUV/Crossover next and looked to the FX, but just can't warrant the extra cost, so the G is her next bet for an Infiniti.
  • painfinitypainfinity Member Posts: 7
    I picked up a sedan G35x two weeks ago at 499./mo and 1300 down. Try Nationwide in Baltimore for a good deal. I had to fly from western pa. to pick up the car. It had premium package that includes everything you mentioned but Nav.
    Bob, good luck.
    Dennis,

In an August 13 post, you state...

4707 of 4747 Re: went to the dealer today... [binzo] by dwynne Aug 13, 2007 (4:51 pm)
    Bookmark | Replying to: binzo (Aug 13, 2007 3:13 pm)

"I have no idea if that a good deal or not, you would start with the price you paid for the G35 - the cap cost - and see. With the current $1,500 dealer incentive you should have paid close to $1,500 under invoice."

And then, on August 23, you state this...

#1850 of 1859 Re: G35 Coupe Lease - Please comment [delta737h] by dwynne Aug 23, 2007 (3:27 pm)
    Replying to: delta737h (Aug 22, 2007 6:29 pm)

"I posted here the other day that the incentive can't be combined with the cheap lease rates. So there is a $1,500 to $2,000 dealer incentive, but only if you purchase or finance the car. If you want the discounted lease rates, the incentive does not apply."

Seems contradictory to me but I could be mistaken because of some misunderstanding. If so, my apologies.

John
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    If that is for an 07 Coupe then it's crazy high...even for a one year 0 down lease. If you want people here to analyze the lease you will have to post all of the important numbers...not just the monthly payment. We need cap cost (most important), MSRP, Residual, Money Factor,Length of lease, Miles per year, Dealer Fees/Add-ons
    I don't think that it should be too difficult to get to around $500/month. Assuming that your sister has top tier credit of course. I think that if you can get a Journey with Premium package for around $500 over invoice, and pay the acquisition fee, doc fee, and registration upfront (around $1500) the monthly payment including tax should be around the $500 dollar range, however, I can't say for sure since I don't know the tax in your area or any of the other factors needed to calculate the lease. First thing you should do is get a couple of quotes for a Journey w/ Premium in your area. Find out MSRP, Cap Cost, Money Factor, Residual, and dealer fees. Then post and someone will be able to help you out.
    Sounds like a perfect match for sis....trick now is finding a good deal...deals seem to vary quite a bit...one dealer in my immediate area...not too negotiable...let me know how you make out.
  • woodsdrumswoodsdrums Member Posts: 35
    I just got off the phone with the dealership and was told that the $1500 incentive to the dealer is only available to use if you purchase the G 35 Coupe and not for leasing it....they were pretty emphatic about it........am I getting the right skinny or what?....this will greatly affect my agreed upon price for the car.......help!!!, I need to know as soon as possible....because my lease is running out....I was going to push for Invoice less the $1500....but now it sounds like that may be out the window.
  • tbags1tbags1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone - just came from the dealership - looking at a G35x with premium package. Sticker was 39100 or so. They offered:

24 mo/15K mile lease - $590/mo with only startups down (1500 or so)

39 mo/15K mile lease 550/mo with the same startups down

I live in the metro detroit area.

Seemed a bit high. Any advice or suggestions on what to shoot for would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    That's what I've been seeing posted. The incentive is for PURCHASES of the 07 COUPES...not Leases. Who knows...this could change in September with the 08's coming, but you never know what incentives they will offer.
    It definitely sounds high to me. Especially for a car with just the premium package. Of course, $39100 sticker for that is high as well. A G35x with just Premium package has an invoice price of $33789 and an MSRP of $36815. Are there any dealer add-ons? I just did a quick calc on that car and if you got it for $1k over invoice and paid all of the start-ups upfront and only financed the cap cost of the car, your payment including tax should around $565/month for 24 mo/15k lease. And I don't think that $1k over is that great...but it depends on avail in your area. You need to find out the cap cost of the car, if there are any add-ons, money factor, residual, etc. Get all the info you can. Tell them you want it to be $500 over invoice and see what they say. I don't think it'd be too difficult since you only want the Premium package.
    Pretty much the same here.....except I didn't have as good a deal last year on my 06 G5 coupe.....I paid 525.oo per month.
  • phantom5phantom5 Member Posts: 22
    I must of really got a pretty good deal. I place $2500 total down and am at $360/month for 12 months. Options were Prem. Sport. Aero. Sirius sat. The residule was set high. KBB lists the cars TRADEin value at $29500 but residule value at the end of lease is $31435.

I called IFS to see if I could renegotiate the Residule and was told NO. I did receive a two month extension that runs month to month. My lease comes off in October but with new extension I can wait until December when prices will start to fall or better lease specials may present themselves.
    You did get a good deal....I got a new G35 sedan today...26 months...510 per...10,000 miles...they took my car a few weeks early and paid for that...not a bad deal...at least I am happy...
  • reynoldgreynoldg Member Posts: 2
    So the deal i got after many days and diffrent dealerships was ...

445 month tax in

1500 out of pakcet

39 months

.00199 MF

57.5% residual

07 g35 coupe with premium, aero, sports packages and XM radio in diamond Graphite

as per the edmunds site the car has a MSRP of$39,515 and Invoice of $36,089

in order for this price to work i am getting the car at 33,500 more or less.
  • g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    So I finally decided on leasing the 07 AWD G Sedan...

Blue Slate with black interior.... Premium package with Sirus. Here's the run down...

24 MONTH LEASE (10,000 MILES)
    2700 DUE AT SIGNING (FEASES, TAXES AND FIRST MONTH PAYMENT)
    MSRP -37,465
    INVOICE - 34,528
    SELLING PRICE - 33,898
    NY SALES TAX - 8.375
    RESIDUAL - (BOOK) 67% (NET) 68%
    MONEY FACTOR - .00169
    MONTHLY PAYMENT - $450.00

It took me a long time to get at this price. The manager came out and did his whole routine about he is in the "red" and couldn't do anything else. The dealer said the lowest he could go was $499 but the manager came out and showed me the work sheet to see how much he was eating.

So with that being said I think it's a solid deal... What do you guys think?
  • taltektaltek Member Posts: 4
    I was thinking my VPP price of $34,700 for an AWD sedan (Premium/SplashGrd,/Sat Radio/Cargo net)was good. I'm in NJ so not far from your deal. So I could do better if I didn't ask for VPP?

VPP offering:
    15k/Yr for 39 Months
    MF = .00207
    Resid = 56%
    Monthly = $506 No cap cost.
    I got it at Ray Catena on Route 1... Ask for Peter Sheer... He did a lot for me when I bought out my g35 coupe be4 it got flooded. The 39 month lease for me was $448 but the resid was high and so was the money factor so if i buy it out of the lease it would have costed me more. So i stayed with the 24 month.

I also got the 10k milage so that could be why mine is less. I also got the splash guards and cargo net as well. But no wheel locks :(
  • taltektaltek Member Posts: 4
    I understand the 10k/yr lease and different MF, but I saw your price paid is nearly $1000 less than mine using VPP. BTW my quote was from Ray Catena in Bridgewater.
    I've been bargainning with them for months now. Plus this is my second car from there dealership so maybe they're doing me a favor... I just realized they didn't add gap insurance! It comes free in NY so I forgot to ask them about it. I'm going to call them first thing tuesday to see if they can add that in.
  • paulpoteatpaulpoteat Member Posts: 5
    I'm new to leasing so I don't know how to get the MF but here's what I was just told on LI, NY....

I test drove the M and the G and got pricing on both.
    Since this is a G group I'll just give you that.

G35x (didn't have to be from stock)
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    12k/year
    39 months

I told him I wanted to put down 5k (excluding tax and dmv fees) and he came back with slightly under $8300. That included tax, dmv, and all their nonsense (acq, wheel locks, prep etc).
    Monthly would be $350

Opinions?
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    Just curious why you would want to put money down on a lease?
    Here are my reasons for wanting to put money down on a lease....

1) My wife is obsessed with the monthly payments looking like what we're used to paying for a car. We've always owned Nissan's (currently an Xterra and an Altima) and we've usually engineered the purchase to have payments in the 300's. She's not in love with us leasing (or as she puts it, renting) so I better not come home with a lease payment HIGHER than a purchase payment (ignoring the fact it's a 38k car, not 22k :)

2) I'll be selling the Altima and expect to pocket about 7k. When I told the dealer I wanted to pay 5k (excluding tax and DMV) I was assuming he'd come back with 7k total down, the $8300 total threw me off a little but then the $350 a monthly was less than I thought.

3) I thinking think about my car getting stolen or totaled...is gap not included? That was a stupid question. Nothing is ever included :)

That all said I gave myself a crash course on lease payments and here's what I think they did...
    msrp: 39065
    MF: .00207
    CAP: 30400
    Residual: 21798
    Terms: 39
    Miles: 12k/year
    Payments w/ Tax: $349

The magic number for me is the CAP...how did they get from 39065 to 30400? Using my very fuzzy math I had it as $1500 under MSRP.
    So what do you think about the deal I got? :confuse:
  • jjlawyerjjlawyer Member Posts: 17
    None of your reasons are good for putting down money on that lease. If it is stolen or totaled, you will loose that money. Gap insurance is included the lease but will pay off (only to the lessor) the remainder of the lease payments and pay off if your insurance values the car at less than that amount. Gap insurance will not refund you any money. All you are doing by putting down that $5K is releaving the gap insurer of paying that amount to the finance co if the car is a total loss.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    1) My wife is obsessed with the monthly payments looking like what we're used to paying for a car

I thought that was a pretty good reason.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

While I thought doing-what-my-wife-wants made the most sense, once I told her we'd take a big hit if the car were stolen she told me to do what was right. That said, i just signed the paper work and here's the deal.

2007 Infiniti G35X
    Black/Black/Premium/Navigation
    MSRP: $39265
    MF: .00207
    Down Payment: $1095
    Net Cap: $35873
    Residual: 57% ($22381)
    Terms: 39 Months
    Miles: 12k/year

Total due at signing was $3940 (down payment, first month, bank, tax up front, wheel locks, etc.)

Monthly: $466

In what was probably a rookie move I added factory wood for $312 (39*$8) making the monthly $474. They would have given me the wood for free if I took the showroom (Blue Slate) but I wanted the Black/Black.
    They didn't have the exactly car in stock but expect it in 2 to 3 weeks.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the knowledge dump, especially "Kevin". I learned a ton.

In case anyone is looking for a similar car, I didn't fudge any of the numbers. I had them show me the break down (MF, residual, sell price, etc.)...just had to ask once.
    The sell price was $36969...which was $2296 under MSRP which I thought was fair.

The only thing left for me to do is let my wife know :)
    Also, I'm pondering the alarm/tint/remote start pacakge for 1k. I've had a remote start on every car I've owned but it annoys me it doesn't work on the way home (pulling into the station my car is too far from the train). I like the tint for my son (the sun manages to shine in his face no matter what I do). The alarm...egh, I don't really care about. The deal was alarm and remote for 1k, free tint. I'll give it some thought.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    If that's all dealer installed, 1K is a bargain.
    My dealer wants $700 just for the car starter. It requires the purchase of an additional keyfob which gets installed in the dash.
    Your existing keyfob starts the car, with the use of the lock button being hit twice.
    The lock button has a remarkable range, so that may work for you.
    The alarm, I agree... eh.
    I actually want an alarm, but not the 'pos' the dealer installs. I'd want something with GPS and they beep/txt message you if the car is moved or fondled in any way.

Tint, my dealer won't do.
    They're in RI where it's not legal.
    I'd only allow tint after knowing exactly what materials are being used, who's doing the install, and how it's being done.

That package for 1K is a good deal.
    You just need to decide if you want it.
    From what I can tell on that other lease there is about a $1200 cap reduction, so his sell price is actually more like $600 or so over invoice...which isn't as good as VPP. Also, he only needs 10k miles per year so that helps lower the price as well. If he were to not pay the cap cost up front, the payment would go up about $36/month (these are all rough numbers). Also, I don't think that his monthly payment included tax...but I can't say for sure. I just plugged in his numbers and got a pre-tax payment of $450/mo. I hope this helps.
    My question is if you only put down a $1095 cap reduction, how did they come to $3940 for a down payment? Typically, the cost for 1st month, registration, BANK fee, up front tax, doc fee, etc. should be around $1500 or so. Now lets say you add $1100 cap reduction that's still only $2600...where is the other $1300 going? Did you have to pay the total tax upfront (for the full 39 months)? or just the first month's tax? Also, if you were getting so much back for your trade in and were prepared to put it as a down payment...did you ever consider putting down multiple security deposits? It is a good way to lower the money factor and the deposit is fully refundable at lease end.
    On top of the $1095 cap reduction I paid everything else up front (including total tax).

As for the down payment...
    1) I said I "hoped" to pocket 7k...I haven't sold it yet. I need it until I take delivery.
    2) NY, from what I think I read on this board, doesn't allow multiple security deposits

Anyone want to by a used Altima on Long Island :)