Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• bobsyourunclebobsyouruncle Member Posts: 1
    Is it true that dealerships have no room to wiggle on money factors or residuals if you are using IFS and can only negotiate on price and the few fees charged at the dealership?
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Infiniti dealers can and will mark up the IFS lease money factors. They can also mark up the IFS "bank fee" (lease acquisition fee) but I don't think as many dealers do this as mark up the MF. The fee should be $595 on an IFS lease.

They can't change the residual amount in any case.

You negotiate the best price for the car including destination and any deal "doc" or "prep" fees, then make sure you are getting the buy rate on the money factor and the proper bank fee and you have done as good a deal as you can.

Dennis
  • njcruisenjcruise Member Posts: 17
    Hi folks. Firstly, thanks to all those that offer helpful insight in this forum. I hope that everyone else that finds the forum helpful supports the comradery with their results and tips as well. It feels so much better working with dealers as an educated consumer.

So after debating between an '08 Lexus IS250 AWD and an '07 G35x we went with the peppier G with: Prem/Nav/Wood/Cargo/Splashguards. The details:

MSRP- 39,565
    Selling Price- 35,791
    Edmunds Inovice- 36,133
    Monthy- 500
    12K mi/yr (0.20/mi overage)
    39months

First Month- 500
    Title Fees- 342
    Tax- 17.43
    Doc Fee- 249
    Aquisition- 595
    Aquisition Fee Tax- 41.65
    NJ Tire Fee- 7.50
    Total OTD- 1752.58

Residual Value- 22,156.40

Looks like we got a pretty good deal at Ray Catena in Edison, NJ (customer service & salesmanship was good), but I'm curious to know your thoughts. Thanks again everyone!
  • hankuhanku Member Posts: 2
    Hi njcruise, I also contemplated between an IS250 and G35 sedan. I finally decided to go with the G35 sedan because it's more bang for the bucks. Also my previous lease was an Infiniti, I can get additional incentive if I continue with the Infiniti family. Here's the deal I got for an 08 G35 Sedan, with premium, navi and upgraded wheel and tire.

MSRP - 38,025
    Selling price - 34,363
    Monthly - 470 plus tax
    12K mi/yr
    39 months

Total OTD - 1500.

I got the lease in southern cali.
  • 4rings4rings Member Posts: 7
    Hanku,
    That is an unbelievable deal! I'm looking at similar equipment; also in So Cal. For MSRP of $38,075, I have an invoice price of $34,759. Since the vehicles are close in MSRP (only $50 difference), I'm supposing the MSRP's would also be close...yet you got somewhere $400 south of invoice, by my calculations.

Any secrets or tips? Who was the dealer? Did you lease in Nov or Oct?

Thanks.
  • glflameglflame Member Posts: 11
    I've been monitoring this site for the past couple weeks and have gotten some helpful info. Thanks guys.

Now for the help: I was recently (as of yesterday Oct 31) offered a deal for a 2007 G35x with the Premium and Navigation package for $453 a month, $2000 out of pocket, for a 39 month lease, 10k a year mileage. As explained to me, this promotion was good until the end of the month (yesterday). I will be following up with this sales person sometime next week as to the status of this deal or a new deal. I just wanted to get some input as to how good this deal is. From all the dealership in the area (im in NYC), this is by far the best deal by more than $30/month.

What do you guys think? What should I expect? Thanks for all the help.
    I heard that the residual value on remaining '07 inventory took a drop starting in November (today). You will not get the same deal unless the dealer is willing to give up more of their profit...which they may be, but I would expect the dealer to point out that the deal was good through yesterday...things have changed.

That aside, looking at the deal you have been offered--looks decent to me.
  • hankuhanku Member Posts: 2
    Hi 4rings,

Sorry for the confusion, the MSRP for the invoice $34,363 is actually $37,625. I opted the $400 wheel/tire upgrade hence the $38,025. I do not know the actual invoice for the car with the upgrade wheel/tire. However, the dealer said it would be discounted according to the original deal. So I guess our deals are similar if your quote is for the 08 model. The quote was from Santa Monica. Because it was not possible for me to drive up to Santa Monica during before Oct. ends, I got the lease from Mission Viejo on Oct. 30th.

I have been haggling for the last month among several makes/models but I am glad that I leased the G35 sedan.

Personally I tend to wait until the month end to request for quotes as most of times the dealers would be more aggressive.
  • mnokermnoker Member Posts: 28
    Hi.
    I have been given an offer for the G35 blue slate/graphite, premium/nav and tier pkg MSRP of 38,025 and offer $35,208
    or a black/stone premium andnav MSRP of $37,625 offer $34,863.

Are these offers good compared to what everyone is getting? Also what is the MF residual for this month 10 or 12k miles a year.
    For any of you who have recently leased a G35 for 39 months, did you get the same MF and residual as the 36 month term?

I've been able to do this with Audi in the past. You get 3 extra payment months to spread the same value of transaction over (so monthlies are a little lower).

Infiniti wasn't doing this last summer, but I've seen a few users report getting a 39 month term recently, and I don't think there are many other compelling reasons to do so.

Thanks!
    From Tarry at LeaseCompare.com:

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 72% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00295 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 72% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00295 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 74% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00285 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00295 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

In my experience, the 12k residual is just 1% higher than the 15k residual and the 10k mile per year is just 2% higher - not the 2 and 3% numbers shown here. Also, IFS does not do 10k mile leases on the 24 month term.

Again, these are really high numbers for the MF and you can likely lease for less through a 3rd party lease bank - or just wait for better numbers next month.

Dennis
    From Tarry at LeaseCompare.com

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00242 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00235 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00259 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00242 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00235 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00259 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 68% of MSRP – .00242 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00235 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00249 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00259 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 X Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00245 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00246 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00250 Base Rate

In my experience, the 12k residual is just 1% higher than the 15k residual and the 10k mile per year is just 2% higher - not the 2 and 3% numbers shown here. Also, IFS does not do 10k mile leases on the 24 month term.

These numbers are MUCH MORE attractive than the October numbers, at least for the car I am interested in.

Dennis
    Edmunds is showing $500 in customer cash for (shock) new 2008 G37 coupes.

The details say:

Offer is only available to customers who currently own or lease an Infiniti vehicle. Offer is good towards the purchase or lease of eligible vehicles. Trade in is not required. See dealer for details.

They also have cheap financing (if you don't want to do a lease) on 07 and 08 sedans and 08 coupes - 2.9% to 3.9%.

Dennis
    Per a dealer I talked to - the 39 month residual on the Sports sedan is 2 points lower than is shown here for the 36 month lease and the money factor is 0.00245 rather than the 0.00235 shown for the 36 month lease. Combined that makes for a "not that good" deal on the 39 month lease - on the sports sedan anyway.

Dennis
    So I went to Infiniti of Manhattan to check out the new month's deals. Here's what I got (and probably will be taking):

G35X ... Premium Package ... Navigation Package

$440/month ... $3300 out of pocket

39 months ... 10k/year miles

I dont have the specific details as to the the residual and money factors used in the calculation. I do know the out of pockets consists of $795 - bank fee, $715 - destination, about $200 - DMV, doc fees, etc, and about $1600 - taxes (8.375%). From the posts I've seen here, this seems to be a decent deal. Any tips for negotiating (although from several conversations it seems as though these prices are pretty fixed) or if there are some "extra" costs is appreciated.

Gene
  • tyreidtyreid Member Posts: 1
    Sound like a great deal. What was your invoice price? I was given a price of 535 a month for a g35x 08. Invoice price of 36500 15k a year and $3000 down for 39months. Seems high to me.
  • don482don482 Member Posts: 4
    On Saturday I signed a lease agreement on a 2008 G35x with the following options.

preimium package
    navigation system
    mud flaps and splash guards and cargo net.

The price on a 39 month lease is $569 a month sales taxes included. They are also picking up the final 2 months on my existing lease which total $1,018.

My out of pocket cost is $1,413 which includes $569 first months payment, bank fee, doc fee, etc.

After reading the responses on this site I wonder if I'm paying too much. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks,

Don
  • polo10polo10 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have been following this forum for weeks now. I am hoping someone can help me with the following deals I was offered on a 2008 Journey with premium package. These are for a Lease:

1. $4,800 down. 39 months/12,000 miles. $419.95 per month.
    2. $4,800 down. 24 months/12,000 miles. $386.00 per month.

All taxes are included in the monthly payment. Is this a good deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    I am coming off my first lease ('04 G35 at 39/mos) and have already secured my next car. How do I go about negotiating my lease end? I am roughly ~2000 miles over and Infiniti estimated ~$300 in repairs at turn in. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    why do you think you have any room to negotiate? only if you were getting your next car from them OR if the car you have now is worth more than the residual value do you have any leg to stand on.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Look up the trade in value of your G and see if the current value exceeds the lease buyout price by a good bit. If it does, then try to find a local dealer that will buy it off of you for the lease buyout price.

Otherwise, your only other choice is to pay the $300 for the repairs or fix the items yourself if you can do it for less. In either case you will have to pay the over miles charges.

Dennis
  • gguy8gguy8 Member Posts: 29
    Hi Dennis,

I finally pulled the trigger and leased a leftover 2007 G35x with 209 miles on it (Premium package, Navigation, Technology Package, Splash Guards, Cargo Mat) for 39 months/15,000 miles per year.
    Please let me know if I made a good deal.

MSRP: $40,365

Invoice: $36,827

Cap Cost: $38,395.28 (36,555.25 + 919.74 in NJ taxes + 595 acquistion fee + 558 dealer installed wood trim - 232.71 cap cost reduction)

Bank Residual: 55%

Money Factor: 0.00199

Monthly Payment: $535.83

I paid the following up front:
    -doc fee for $189
    -registration fees for $351.70
    -NJ Tire fee for $7.50
    -first monthly payment of $535.83
    -my previous car trade in negative equity of $2267.09
    -cap cost reduction of $232.71

What do you think, Dennis? Did I get a good deal? Thanks, and I look forward to your response.
    I assume you wanted the dealer installed wood? They did not "residualize" it so you paid for that 100% .

It looks like your price was $82 under invoice counting the car + dealer fee, so if all the other fees are OK that is a good price. You did have a trade which makes it impossible to KNOW how good a deal you got for sure. If they gave you a fair price on the trade (Edmunds, KBB, NADA, etc trade value) they you did OK. If they did not give you enough for your trade then your deal is not as good.

The good news is that at the end of this lease you can either buy the car for $22,200 or just turn it in and get something else - no trade in worries.

I would normally not advocate putting much down on a lease, for sure at 4.75% effective rate money factor, but most of your out of pocket stuff was paying off the trade in - it appears. $535 per month including taxes for a loaded up (fully loaded with tech pack) G sounds pretty decent to me.

Enjoy your new car!

Dennis
    So after a month or so of doing research on the web and through various dealerships, I think I found a "great" deal. Here are the specs according to the numbers I know:

2008 G35X ... Premium Package ... Navigation Package
    39 month lease
    10k/year mileage

$449/month

Out of Pocket:
    Destination - $715
    Acquisition/Dealer - $795
    First Month - $449
    DMV/Doc/Other fees ~ $200
    NY Taxes ~ $1600
    Total out of Pocket ~ $3759

Total Amount Paid for 39 Month Lease - $20,820
    Total Amount Paid Per Month - $534

I will be returning my leased 2004 G35 Coupe with about $420 in "excess damages" and about 2000 miles over, $300, and the dealership will cover the $220 above the $500 loyalty waiver for being a returning Infiniti customer.

Any opinions / comments / tips are appreciated.
    Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I made a pretty good deal, I was at the dealership for like 7 hours. I tried to get the dealership to negotiate the 2008 G for under invoice, but they wouldn't budge. So they offered me a left over 2007 with all the options I wanted at a much better money factor. Since both years are pretty much the same car, I decided to take that. The only thing it didn't have was the wood interior, so they said they would install it themselves.

In regards to my trade in, I had a 2004 Saturn Ion 3 fully loaded with leather and everything. Edmunds says I should get between $7000-$8000 for a trade in ranging from average to clean. The Infiniti dealership told me they use a different system to come up with trade in values called Galves. The other dealerships I have been to quoted me from Galves as well. So they offered me $7000 + tax (same as Audi dealership I went to). I tried to get them to give me a little more, but since I had a rather large scuff mark and scratches on the rear bumper they wouldn't. I don't think the price they gave me was to off the mark, considering the large scratch. What do you think? I know it is a little late now, but should I have insisted on more for my trade-in. I, as always, look forward to your response. Thanks, again!
    Hi again Dennis,

Sorry but forgot to mention my mileage on my previous car. It was around 43400 miles. Also, is it common for one to get a car under invoice, since the dealer is still making money with a $964 dealer holdback? Thanks.
    On a high end car without dealer or rebate money, you normally are luck to get it around invoice and would hardly ever get one before invoice. Most dealers treat holdback as "untouchable" and will not deal down into it. There are exceptions, like when they really need to move something or on a left over prior model year car.

When I was shopping for an 05 RX-8 I had one dealer offer me a left-over 04 for invoice less $2,500 dealer incentive less 100% of holdback and no fees. He literally (as far as anyone could tell) was selling me the car at $0 profit. I passed, since I got an 05 for $500 under invoice less $2,500 in rebates :D .

I think we are getting to the point where "invoice" is so widely know thanks to the Internet that "invoice" is going to be (maybe already is in some cases) no longer the actual dealer's cost. In the past invoice less holdback less dealer incentives less customer rebates assigned to the dealer would be "cost". Then there would maybe some other money in it later. I think now if they sold to you at "invoice" with no doc fee they might still be making more than holdback. I have noticed on a lot of cars the difference between "invoice" and MSRP at getting pretty small - so I think they means "invoice" on those models is not really the true cost.

On a left-over 07 car in November, I would expect invoice less any known dealer money would be a good price. They can't expect to get much more than that for a left-over car since you would just take an 08 for a bit more (and get the ipod adapter and other upgrades).

Dennis
    Thanks again Dennis! I really appreciate your comments. Do any dealer incentives/dealer money actually exist for leftover 2007 Gs? I see no mention of any on the car websites. Also, do you think I got a good trade on my 2004 Saturn? Thanks, and I promise not to bug you with any more annoying questions!
    Edmunds says $2,500 for left over coupes, but the Nissan page that has such things does not have that listed. I think this may be the "final buy down" on the cars - not a dealer incentive as such, just a $2,500 final mark down on the left over 07 coupes it is now up to the dealers to move them. I never saw any incentives on the 07 sedans, just discounted lease deals and discounted finance deals.

I can't judge the value of a trade in over a message board (and probably could not even if I saw the car) :) . If you are honest it putting in the miles, options, and condition at Edmunds, KBB, and NADA (and any other site) and get the trade in values. If those compare favorably to what they gave you for your car, then I would assume you did OK. The dealers are always going to use their own "book" which 99 times out of 100 will be less than some online guide, but may be close. Often they never take into account any options, just take the entry in their book as is and only adjust the price down based on poor condition, high miles, or missing options like no auto tranny or no A/C . This is one of the reasons are car line like Honda retains better value since that have a few trim levels (e.g. DX, LX, EX, etc) and not individual options. The book for an Accord may have a line for DX, another for LX, and another for EX. The book for some other car may have a single line or a few trim levels but those cars can be loaded up with gobs of options - which you don't get "credit" for when trading in the car. On most Toyotas, like a Camry, they have trim lines but a lot of individual options. Like an 4-banger Camry SE is the trim line, but COULD come optional with upgraded stereo, stability control, several types of interior trim options (different cloth and more than one leather, wood, etc), moonroof, etc. If you have a car that has no individual options then the dealer's book is the same as one loaded up with non-essential options so you could loose 100% of the option value in a trade. With trim lines with no individual options (in a lot of cases) then ALL the Accords with the same package have all the same things so you get "full credit" for the options.

The G has a few trim lines (base, sport, journey) so may have 3 entries in the dealer's book, but they probably will give you no credit for various individual options you might have purchased. To ME if I were buying a used car, one with the tech pack (for example) would be worth more to me than one without, to a dealer, probably not.

Dennis
    Also dealers like to say "wholesale to wholesale and retail to retail". If you want to buy or lease new car for "wholesale" (near dealer cost) then you can expect them to offer your "wholesale" (auction house value) for your trade in. If you are willing to pay retail/MSRP then (of course) they can give you full value/retail for your trade :D .

Dennis
  • 96gator96gator Member Posts: 10
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 2008 lease. 39 months 12K miles. I think I got a good deal but I would appreciate anyones input. Numbers are a little different than what I am seeing in posts. I think they might have toyed with the residual from 56% to 55%.

A G35 Journey with Premium, Sports, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat, Trunk Net. MSRP price of $37,225

Edmunds Lists Invoice on this car at $34007.

I negotiated the following deal:

Base Cap Cost: $34527
    Cap Reduction: $215
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $34312
    Residual Value: $20,474 (55%)
    Money Factor: .00203
    39 months, 12k miles

Base Payment of $466.04
    FL Tax of $27.96

Total Payment: $494.01

Total Inceptions $1600 (214.91 cap reduction, 494.01 first payment, 175.00 registration fees, 12.89 tax on cap cost reduction, 3.99 sales tax, Florida Fees $68.50, $35.70 tax on acq. fee, $595 Aqu. Fee)

Thanks to the forum for all the advice.
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    As always, thank you Dennis for your dedication to this.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/emmisbee/G-leaseRates.jpg

Please let me know if the graph is in error and I will attempt a correction.
  • erny845erny845 Member Posts: 2
    Just Curious...Isn't the destination fee already factored in the MSRP price. Does this mean they charged the fee twice?
  • erny845erny845 Member Posts: 2
    I just made a deal with an Infiniti dealer in NJ for the following:

2008 G35x with premium package
    Monthly Payment 488.00 (Includes half my taxes - NY resident $19.64)
    Money out of pocket: $595 acq/ 1st months $488.00/2nd half of taxes $766.00/$249.00 doc fee/ $175.00 DMV) Total: $2,273.00 out of pocket

Can anyone tell me if I got a good deal or did I get taken for a ride?

I look forward to your responses.
    No problem. We might want to make a residual percentage graph as well - or overlay that over the MF one.

I think more instructive to the majority of folks would be to make a payment chart each month. It could be based on paying some figure (say $1k) over invoice for a base model of each trim line. That really is the bottom line to most folks. If you see the lower MF on your chart you can assume better payments, but if they lowered the residual percentage the net may be worse or the same. If we did a sample deal for each car each month and then charted that, then as soon as we had the new numbers we plug that into the sample and the new chart shows is instantly if this better or worse that the other months. Now having TIME to do this each month may be another story :D .

Dennis
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mnoker. The dealer invoice price of the 2008 G35 Sedan that you are interested in is probably somewhere around $34,800. That puts the selling price that you were quoted for it at less than $500 over invoice, which is a very good deal.

Infiniti Financial Services' lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of an '08 G35 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi 4rings. Infiniti's 39 month lease program for the 2008 G35 Sedan is slightly different than its 36 month program. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00245 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Don. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi polo10. Let me begin by saying that $4,800 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction on leases. Those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of these deals if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new G35, 96gator. The selling price that you were able to negotiate looks great to me. The money factor and residual value that were used to calculate your monthly payment look great, too. It looks like you got a very good deal on this car. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and share the details with everyone. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi erny845. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • discount80discount80 Member Posts: 27
    What should be my estimated payment for a g35 journey with premium package with little to no money down with 15k miles on a 24 and 36 month lease? Please help. Thanks.
  • discount80discount80 Member Posts: 27
    What should be my estimated payment for a g35 journey with premium package with little to no money down with 15k miles on a 24 and 36 month lease? Please help. Thanks.
  • rezafrezaf Member Posts: 11
    Hi All,

I'm looking to lease a G35 Manual Sport, with Technology and Premium Package by Feb 1st. I am hoping to pay about $3,000 drive offs and $450 per month including tax and fees, I'm in the Los Angeles area. I'm looking for a 36 month lease with 15K per year.

Also, someone told me the Money Factors and residuals are lower in December than they are in January, is that true? Because if its worth it I might go ahead and get hte car in December instead of January.

Also, should I start emailing dealerships about getting the lowest price for the car I want? What should I do about starting to find a good price for a vehicle? Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks for all your input!

Reza
    The higher the residual the lower the lease payment, the lower the residual the higher the payment.

The higher the MF the higher the payment and the lower the MF the lower the payment.

So if "someone" knew what they were talking about the two being lower could cancel out and net the same payment.

Residuals normally drop throughout the model year, the highest being at the start of the model year and the lowest at the end. Of course, since IFS runs the lease show they can make them whatever they want whenever they want.

The money factors are just made up by IFS. If sales are slow, they lower them to stimulate more leases. If sales are good and car supply is low, then they raise the MF since they have no need to make a deal.

What the numbers will be next month or January? We have no idea and maybe at this point neither does IFS - they will look at the number of cars on hand and decide. Typically the 6mt and sport models do not have as low a MF and do have a lower residual - they don't make as many (very small percentage) so they never seem to have to need to push them. Normally a journey car is the best "buy".

If you want tech (which means you have to have nav and premium) and almost every car will have splash guards and trunk net as POE installed non-options, then you are looking at a near $40k MSRP. Even if you purchased for invoice it is doubtful you payment would work out work out anywhere near $450 a month. I think CA taxes on the payment at 8.25% .

Back in June when rates were cheap and residuals were decent, a similar car would have leased for around $513 per month with CA tax IF LEASED AT $300 OVER INVOICE. That would have been with $1k or so at signing, so $2k more would not have dropped it nearly enough to get to your price.

Since right now the rates are a good bit higher and I would doubt you can get the car for $300 over invoice, then you will not even sniff a $4xx payment.

Dennis
  • dchoidchoi Member Posts: 2
    Wondering if the following is a good deal for a 2008 g35x (premium and nav package) lease for 39 mths/15k miles?

Any thoughts and/or comments would be appreciated!

MSRP 39475
    INV 36169
    Total Cap Cost 37396
    Money factor .00237
    Residual Value 56%

Monthly comes out to $533 (paying $2300 at signing for 1st month, taxes up front, and $595 bank fee). There is also an "acquisition fee" for $595. Is this fee negotiable? waivable?
    Does your "total cap cost" reflect your negotiated price for the car? Or is that the price plus dealer fees, tax, etc?

If the price - depending on what part of the country you live in, paying $1,227 over invoice for an x is a bit much. You don't say which state or what the tax rate is, but a net payment of $533 per month is so much due at signing does not sound very good either.

The bank fee AKA lease acquisition fee is paid to the lease bank (IFS in most Infiniti leases) and can't be negotiated or waived.

Dennis
  • dchoidchoi Member Posts: 2
    Dennis,
    Thanks so much for your reply. I am in NJ and the total cap cost is the negotiated selling price for the car plus $595 assignment fee. The amount due at signing is 7% NJ Tax, $595 bank fee and 1st month payment. The $1227 over invoice includes the $595 assignment fee.

What I don't understand is why there is an $595 bank fee (that we are paying up front) and then another $595 assignment fee which ends up being included in our total cap cost.
  • shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    I maybe totally wrong, but my understanding is that the bank fee of $595 is from IFS and is required/non-negotiable. The other $595, the "assignment" fee, appears to be dealer padding to me (aka doc fee, prep fee, etc). Sounds way bogus.

kc
    The extra fee sounds like a rip-off to me. There is a $595 bank fee and that is it, plus any other local fees and taxes you might have to pay. I would ask the dealer to explain that one to you - if they can :D . Without the fee you are $632 over invoice which sounds a lot better. Other folks here and in the price paid G35 forum have purchased/leased in NJ recently it seems - maybe someone here or over in that forum could point you to a better dealer and deal? Or you could search both forums to see what others have posted?

Dennis