Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    It's the M35 that has $6K in dealer cash plus $2K in customer cash for a purchase, not a lease.
  • chris001chris001 Member Posts: 5
    recently i saw an ad for the ex 35 for $29,000 for 2000 down this seems too good to be true ,dont know what the mileage was 10k? for 339 per month, there must be some other hidden fees, i would like to lease again however i need 18k miles per year , i presently pay 359.00 per month on my altima se-r with 18k miles per year ,am i dreaming thinking i could get a comparable deal on the ex 35?
    thanks
  • polyvwpolyvw Member Posts: 55
    Car_Man -

Can you provide the MF/Resid/Rebates for a 36 and 39 mo lease with 15k / yr for theses two vehicles:

- 2008 G35 Sedan Journey w/ Premium
    - 2009 G37 Sedan Journey w/ Premium

I'm turning in in a Nissan Murano that's coming off lease, am I entitled to any loyalty programs?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    From what I have seen the EX has been a total flop for Infiniti and they are trying anything they can to get rid of them. Look at the activity in the EX pricing forum and you can see there is next to no interest in the car. Personally I see no need for the car, its has less cargo space and rear leg room then a G and its not the most attractive car.

As far as the lease deal you will still have to pay taxes, registration/plates and a dealer doc fee.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, sam_k. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the G37 Sedan is like right now, but if I was interested in getting one I personally would shoot for a couple hundred dollars (less than $800) over dealer invoice and see what happens. You definitely should stop by the "Infiniti G35 G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi silverinfiniti. Infiniti's January lease program is scheduled to run through today, February 2nd. I will tell you what that program is like for now. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I will tell you what the new program is like.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35X Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00041 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that you enjoy this discussion so much, PursuitofG. The demand for new vehicles just isn't there right now. Manufacturers have increased their incentives somewhat, but at some point they are pushing on a string as the phrase goes. Incentives can only do so much to stimulate demand. We are now at the point where automakers are significantly cutting their production instead of cranking up incentives any further,

Furthermore, leasing is not nearly as attractive as it used to be. For years banks were overestimating vehicles' residual values. Now that the economy is slowing, these residual values look even worse. Banks are being forced to take huge losses on the leases that they wrote in the past so they are not willing to step up to the plate with the same sorts of programs that they offered in the past.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi polyvw. Infiniti's January lease program ran through yesterday, February 2nd. It is scheduled to publish its new February program some time later on today. Here is the expired program just to give you an idea of what you're looking at with this car. Please post a reminder here for me in a day or so and I'll be happy to fill you in on the details of the new Feb. program.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00258 and 57%, respectively in most areas (this program was enhanced slightly in the Eastern U.S.). The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00277 and 56%.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G36 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00005 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00035 and 48%.

I don't believe that current Nissan owners and lessees are eligible for Infiniti loyalty programs, but you should check with the dealer that you are working with to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • mtw76mtwmtw76mtw Member Posts: 17
    I'm also definitely looking forward to hearing the details about the February leasing information, specials, and incentives. Keep us posted!
  • kozakakozaka Member Posts: 3
    Any update on Feb. program? Thanks!
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Hi CarMan,

Can you post the lease details for Feb on the 09 G37 AWD coupe and any incentives that may exist?

36 month, 15k miles per year.

Thanks!
  • Slave2IndustrySlave2Industry Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man,

I have a similar question as sluurrpee above. I was wondering if I could get the lease details for February (and incentives too) for:

2009 G37 Coupe (Journey)
    39 Months and 48 Months
    15,000 miles per year
  • br2376br2376 Member Posts: 11
    Finally broke down and did the deed. It was sad to turn in my 05 FX35, which could possibly (when it is all said and over) be the best/greatest car I ever own. Picked up a 08 G35 journey sedan with premium, navigation and the performance tires for $500 total down and $447 a month 39 months, 10k a year(MSRP $38730) with the Infiniti loyalty cash. Picked it up from Infiniti of Tampa, and I highly recommend working with them. Much better than any other dealer in FL that I worked with. Might have left a little bit on the table (prob could have had 12k a year but I have been way under on all my past leases so it didn't really mean anything to me), but I felt comfortable and it was very easy working with them, so it was worth it. They have to eat too. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my 3G iphone to charge when connected with the adapter.

Thanks for all the info and input as I lurked on the boards.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    09 G35 Lease rates:

36 months 10K 59% residual, money factor 2.28%

That's pretty decent and there's 2k trunk money on the 09s. $500 if you're a former owner.

2008s - 36 months and 10K per year is 58% residual, money factor 1.48.

Now, like BMW, Infiniti has Multiple Security Deposits good for 0.0001 reductions and you can get up to 9. In both instances this is better than BMW. If you can find a G37 journey with premium and a dealer willing to let it got for 1800 under invoice, you're looking at about $310 (before TTL) with 9 MSDs.
    Now, like BMW, Infiniti has Multiple Security Deposits good for 0.0001 reductions

This isn't a new program. Been around for quite some time
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    The "now" wasn't a reference to time but rather a reminder that the lease rates we see can be augmented. This is not mentioned enough. The guy who posted before me didn't do MSDs and seemingly didn't talk down the price much as a G37 even at 41k should be had for less than $400 a month including tax.
    The dealer gave me the wrong money factor - it's 0.00228 for 09s (wretched) and the 08s are 0.00005 but a lousy residual of 50% on 10 years.
    Hi guys, did my dealer in Houston offer me a good deal? Here are the vehicle details:

2008 G37 Coupe Journey with Premium Package, Navigation.

39 Months Lease
    MSRP: 41,865
    Cap Cost: 39,400
    Residual: 55% - 23,026
    Money Factor: .00187
    Aquisition Fee: 595

Monthly Payment around $470.00

Does the Money Factor look OK for a 2008? Seems like it maybe a little high? Plus, I thin the Cap Cost is a little high for a 2008. Are there any incentives available which would help reduce the amount of this lease?

Thanks! I am new to leasing, but trying to learn. Help is appreciated!
    Do not touch that deal.

2008s should be more than 2k off sticker. Check out Edmunds prices on used G37s.

Also, if you get him to take another 2k off the price consider putting down 9 MSDs. Multiple Security Deposits will save you thousands over the lease.
    Thanks for the input!

I agree that the price seemed a little high for a 2008 when the dealer clearly has 6-8 of them still on the lot. I do have an additional question in regards to price. The dealer stated that since this is a lease, the $2000 Manufacturer to Dealer money isn't available for him to play around with. Is this true? Is it possible that they could even come in under invoice with this money or is invoice about the best that could be gotten. Again, I am a leasing newbie!

Thanks for the insight on the MSD. I did a little research and I think I basically understand how they work. What prevents the dealer from coming back at the end of the lease and keeping the money for "excessive" wear and tear? How many MSD are allowed by Infiniti?
    9 MSDs are allowed and the dealer doesn't inspect your car - IFS does. The dealer really has nothing to do with it. You can return your G37 to any infiniti dealer.

If you're leasing or buying again they certainly want you to buy from them again.

you may want to check edmunds incentive info as the g37 for 08 may not have dealer cash. Dunno as I only checked the sedans.
    Thanks again! I checked the incentives for the G37 coupe and it looks like an 08 has a $2,000 Manufacturer to Dealer cash incentive. If this is the case, is the salesperson not telling me the truth when he says that they can't get that money if the lease me the car instead of buy it?

Something makes me feel like it would still be available since I would be IFS is in the mix and the dealer cash says that the vehicle must be financed by IFS.
    Had a dealer today tell me somehow the dealer cash from IFS only applies to financing, not leasing. Sounds odd to me too. Shrug...I ruled out the G37/G35 after driving them hard today. Not for me.
    Hi kozaka. Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00223 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00241 and 56%.

Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year were .00005 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease were .00035 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Big Gulp...er uh I mean sluurrpee (I know that it was bad, but I have to find some way to amuse myself ;) ). Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Coupe AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00279 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Slave2Industry. Here's the latest info for the car that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00279 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00279 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new G35, br2376. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience at Infiniti of Tampa. If you'd like to share more information on your transaction there with others, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Car_man,

Did you get Infiniti Financial Services February leasing terms on the 2009 G37x sedan yet? If so, could you please provide me the residual percentage and the money factor for the following lease lengths/mileage.

1) 36 month, 12K miles/year
    2) 39 month, 12K miles/year
    3) 36 month, 10K miles/year
    4) 39 month, 10K miles/year

Thanks in advance.

Sam
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Car_man, Hello. Can you provide the lease terms on the 2009 Sedan Journey for 10,000 and 12,000 miles @ 36 months? Thanks.
  • mtw76mtwmtw76mtw Member Posts: 17
    I just talked with another dealer in DFW and was surprised that he actually recommended that I hold off until March to pursue leasing an 09 G37 coupe. He said the incentives to move the 08s right now are pretty good, but unfortunately there are no 08s anywhere in the region even close to what I'm looking for in terms of color and options. He ran through the numbers with me on a similarly-equipped 08 and 09 as a point of comparison, and the price difference in the monthly lease price was substantial because of the incentives to move the 08s.

Oh well, I guess I'll wait. But if you can find an 08 with the options you want, now may be a great time to take the plunge.
  • lewisgs22lewisgs22 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I was quoted a lease price of 490 on a 09 g37xs sedan w/premium 12k miles. I was going to put down 7 MSD. The dealer told me the payment would come down to 445 with the 7 MSD. Does that sound right? I also now see from reading here I can put 9 which I have no problem doing.

Thank you

Lewis
  • Pippin11Pippin11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was wondering what's a good price now for the 2008 G37s 6MT the following options:
    - Navigation
    - Premium Package
    - Illuminated kickplates
    - Spoiler

I know that there's the $2000 incentive from manufacture to dealer that runs through Feb and March. I just need to know how low I can go that's still reasonable. And what's the residual value for the car like this after 36 months? What's the money factor?
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Thanks Car_Man! That MF is horrible...Looks like I'll hold out until March to see if it gets better.
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    Car Man,

After looking through the Feb posts, I've put together an offer for several Florida Infiniti dealers to lease a '09 G37 Sedan. Can you tell me if you think I'm leaving incentive money on the table or if this is a good offer.

MSRP: $37,215
    Invoice: $34,281
    Offer Price: $33,781

36 Month Residual at 15k miles/yr: 57%
    IFS February Lease Buy Rate Money Factor: .00223
    Total Out of Pocket: $1,200.00 (includes 1st month payment, license & tag)
    Lease Payment: $446.24 + $31.24 tax @ 7% = $477.48 total monthly payment

Haven't heard back from anybody yet, what do you think?

Thank you
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    is it true that the manufacture to dealer incentive of $2k only applies to purchases and NOT leases? That's what the sales guy I talked to told me. Has anyone gotten this 2k incentive on a lease?
    Answered and answered over and over here. The $2000 dealer cash is not available with a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • chiprochipro Member Posts: 1
    What should I currently pay for a new '08 in the Chicago market?
  • slagblipslagblip Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car Man! I'm working with a couple of dealerships via e-mail, one of which just came back with this.

Model: 2009 G37 Coupe Journey + Premium, Sport Packages and Spoiler (non-navigation)
    Term: 36 Months / 12k Miles
    MSRP: $43,125
    Cap Cost: $41,374
    Money Factor: 0.00300
    Drive Off: $805 (after $500 owner loyalty rebate)
    Payment: $653 + Tax (roughly $706)

I want my payment under $600, to which he suggested I simply put down $5200, which is crazy talk.

My credit score is just below 700, so I don't think I can do much to budge the MF without MSDs, but my ideal is to put down $2500 or less, and have a TOTAL payment of around $570 after taxes. Can I achieve this?

Thank you!
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Cap Cost is too high. Put down the exta msd's before you put down cap cost reduction. I put down the max (9 I think it was) to get my payment to the point of interest being a non-issue.
    One dealership came back and said "We haven't done MSDs in years, but yes I believe Infiniti can do that" while another dealership told me "the .00279 rate is set in stone by Infiniti, nothing can be done to change the money factor". -ha! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't MSDs directly reduce the MF?

Knowledge and practices seem to be totally inconsistent between all of the dealerships... so much so that it's tempting me to go to BMW!
    A dealer just came back to me saying "This is the best deal possible I can give you".... what's wrong with this picture?

2009 G37 Coupe Journey w/ premium, sport packages and spoiler (non-nav)

Capitalized Cost...... 42,402.67
    Cap. Reduction........ 2,669.27
    Tax................... 206.87
    Doc Fee............... 45.00 Gov. Fees............. 8.75
    Bank Fee.............. 595.00 Advance Pmts.......... 615.11
    License Fees.......... 372.00
    Total Cap............. 43,414.67 Total Drive Off....... 3,500.00
    Cap Reduction......... 2,669.27
    Net Cap............... 40,745.40 Less Rebates.......... 500.00
    Residual....59.00% ... 26,998.40 Cash Due on Delivery.. 3,000.00
    Total Depreciation.... 13,747.00
    Rate.................. 2.790
    Depreciation.......... 381.86 Term.................. 36
    Rent.................. 189.01
    Subtotal.............. 570.87
    Tax................... 44.24
    Monthly Payment....... 615.11
  • corndawgcorndawg Member Posts: 21
    This picture was based on MSRP .
    An ok deal would be with Net Cap at 37447.73
    which would make the payment $520 + tax.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    I don't think so..

He left out the MSRP, but I'm pretty sure its $45,760, based on the residual amount...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    The salespeople are rarely that versed in finance. I talked directly with the finance guy (I'm in finance myself), and figured out that my $ made a return of just over 20% (3 yr total) on an 07S...it was something like 4500 saved me $27 or so per month. It's been 2 years so I'm sorry for not having the comparison. At any rate..I lease a 39,890 (Bought at invoice flat at 36,283 and added that stupid wheel/tire protection package) G35S for 499.23 / month at 12k/yr with a 56% residual and 5854 OOP..4950 of which is security $. If I recall...the amount monthly I pay in interest is like $20. Just have them work it up both ways and verify their #s VS IFS directly.Call IFS directly if you need to...I had to get specifics on the web and work it out with the F&I guy.
  • corndawgcorndawg Member Posts: 21
    You are right. For some reason I thought the MSRP was the first number shown.
    Anyways, I think the capitalized cost could still be a $1000 less.
    It turns out the salesman was quoting me the build WITH nav, etc. To recap...

MODEL: 2009 G37 Coupe - Journey
    OPTIONS: Premium, Sport, Navigation, Spoiler, Illuminated Kick Plates, Glass Sensor, Trunk Cargo Net, Trunk Mat.

The MSRP is 46,090.00. Edmunds says the invoice is $42,041. He said invoice is $41927. This is looking like a pretty sweet deal. Granted, we haven't run my credit yet, which will no doubt bump up the MS a little bit.

Deal or no deal?

Capitalized Cost...... 42,402.67
    Cap. Reduction........ 2,669.27
    Tax................... 206.87
    Doc Fee............... 45.00 Gov. Fees............. 8.75
    Bank Fee.............. 595.00 Advance Pmts.......... 615.11
    License Fees.......... 372.00
    Total Cap............. 43,414.67 Total Drive Off....... 3,500.00
    Cap Reduction......... 2,669.27
    Net Cap............... 40,745.40 Less Rebates.......... 500.00
    Residual....59.00% ... 26,998.40 Cash Due on Delivery.. 3,000.00
    Total Depreciation.... 13,747.00
    Rate.................. 2.790
    Depreciation.......... 381.86 Term.................. 36
    Rent.................. 189.01
    Subtotal.............. 570.87
    Tax................... 44.24
    Monthly Payment....... 615.11
    I just posted a new thread, but it turns out the salesman was quoting me the car WITH NAV and add'tl options (!!).

MODEL: 2009 G37 Coupe - Journey
    OPTIONS: Premium, Sport, Navigation, Spoiler, Illuminated Kick Plates, Glass Sensor, Trunk Cargo Net, Trunk Mat.

The MSRP is 46,090.00. Edmunds says the invoice is $42,041. He said invoice is $41927. This is looking like a pretty sweet deal. Granted, we haven't run my credit yet, which will no doubt bump up the MS a little bit.

Thoughts?
    I think putting a cap cost reduction of almost $1900 down on a lease is a horrible idea. I also think a $600 plus LEASE payment for a G is outrageous.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Even (almost) fully loaded like this? The math checks out with the cap cost, term, interest rate, etc, unless those fees are being snuck in. I'm trying to get it down to $500/mo.
    I hate making the $470 lease payment on my 08 G35, I could never fathom paying over $600.

Any leasing expert will tell you do not do a cap cost reduction ($1900 in your case). You risk losing some or all of your cap reduction as soon as your drive off the lot if your car is totaled or stolen. Insurance companies only pay the leasing company the amount that is owed to them. So if you have made a large down payment that money goes poof.

If you are worried about higher payments take the money that you would have put down to cut the payment in a higher interest savings account. If and when you need to make a lower car payment take some of the money out of savings to help with the payment.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD