Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• j1j3b7j1j3b7 Member Posts: 4
    what is the realistic down payment i would need to lease the base g37 for around 300-350 a month??

please answer with figures and not opinions on how much is too much to put down for a lease!
    thanks in advance..
  • brewbockbrewbock Member Posts: 8
    Well, here's what I got at Dealership #1

2009 G37x AWD with Premium and Navigation Package
    39 months @15K miles per month
    MSRP $44,765
    Selling Price $41,657
    0 Down ($1660 in fees due at inception)
    Residual 60% ($26865)
    Money Factor .00266
    $600.86/mo

I have a feeling that we can do better than that....

Thoughts, anyone?
    OK, I just had a dealer reply to me that money factors and residuals change almost daily (seems like he might be unwilling to give me numbers through e-mail) Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
  • jps1010jps1010 Member Posts: 19
    Hi brewbock,

I dont know how true that is. I just recently leased a new G37X and have been keeping an eye on the residuals and money factors since the beginning of this year. On average I believe they change once a month with a few exceptions here and there.

Where are you located? I shopped around several dealers and ended up buying one from a dealer in Smithtown LI. They were great to do business with.
    I would have a tendency to agree.I'm from Boston and my guess is that some dealers are hesitant to do business by e-mail and would rather "sink their claws" into you at their dealership. In any case, if they want my business badly enough, they'll give me the numbers. If not, then onto the next dealer
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    If you're talking about Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, I was a little disappointed in dealing with them. One of my closest friends knows the owner of all the Competition dealerships and he called the owner who gave my number to one of the sales managers who called me. After explaining exactly what I wanted, his only concern was to get me to come visit the dealership. I finally had to give him a stock number of a car they had listed on their website (which had the major option packages I was looking for) in order to get him to give me a price quote and the price he gave me wasn't that great. I don't remember exactly but it was at least $1000 over invoice. He also seemed reluctant to try and find a car with the options I wanted. I wish he was willing to take down the options I wanted and then asked his inventory manager if they had a car like that in stock or coming in.

I know dealerships want to sell you what they have in stock because they make the most profit that way but when I contact a dealer with a specific list of options then it should be obvious to them that I've done my research and determined exactly what I want and if you want to get me as a customer, then the dealer should say "let me see what I have in stock or what I've got coming in and if I don't have what you want, I'll see if it's available or I'll get you something as close as possible". Most dealerships that I contacted didn't do that.

One of the few dealers that was willing to locate a car with the options I wanted was the dealer where I leased my car, Legacy Infiniti. They have an owner referral program there and I'm willing to share it with someone if they say that I referred them to the dealership. If you want more details, email me at Sam.Khoury@gmail.com. This is NOT the $150/$500 Amex gift card referral program that you've seen people on the forums looking for a referral code. This is a referral program specific to Legacy Infiniti. They're looking to build up their internet sales so they're willing to give very good deals.
    Richard,

My response might be a little late but I have a few questions and some comments. First, your monthly payment will be slightly lower on a 39 month lease than a 36 month lease. That's almost always the case because the residual percentage is usually only 1% lower on a 39 month lease versus 36 but because of the 3 extra payments, your monthly payment ends up being lower.

What does the $1000 down cover? Is that you first payment and some fees (i.e. bank fee, DMV, documentation, etc)?

Are you also paying the taxes up front? Or are they included in the monthly payment?

I'm paying $539/month on 39 month, 10K miles per year lease on a 2009 G37xS sedan with an MSRP of $43,525 and that includes 8.625% sales tax for Suffolk County NY. This lease was done in April so the money factor and residual percentages were different. The invoice price was $39,840 and the sale price was $39,560 (slightly under invoice). I paid only about $700 out the door which included the first payment and DMV fees. The bank fee and sales tax were put into the lease payment. I also got $500 loyalty credit (which is up to $1000 now). The $500 loyalty credit was treated as a down payment in the lease calculation.
  • jps1010jps1010 Member Posts: 19
    I can only speak from my experience and Competition was the best out of the four dealers I spoke with. One of those four was also Legacy. After contacting them via the internet they called me numerous times to come down. I eventually went and after waiting in the showroom for quite some time the salesman returns with the wrong car for me to test drive. Since I was pressed for time and it was getting late I ended up leaving only to be contacted by them the following morning. I explained to the internet sales coordinator I have been working with my experience. She apologized and gave me to the mgr. He gets on the phone and right before I give him my credit card I wanted to reinterate the deal. It turns out the coordinator I was dealing with forgot to mention the deal was including the payment of my current lease. He says he will see what he can do and never calls me back.

I am a little surprised that the person you were given quoted you such a high price and was not very helpful. One would think if you are referred by the owner you would have had a much better experience. I don't blame you for going elsewhere. That's exactly what I did when I went to Competition.
    It seems like most of the dealerships that you contact through edmunds.com and other websites don't want to deal through email which is really annoying. You would think that they would understand that the reason you're using internet referrals is because you don't have the time to be driving from dealership to dealership to get price quotes or time to be speaking on the phone with every dealership. It's a lot more accurate to give specifics via email (i.e. I want a car with these options in these colors) than over the phone. It's very easy for a sales person to make a mistake when they take notes. When I first started shopping around, I made the mistake of going to Infiniti of Manhasset to do my test drive and I specifically told the salesman that I wouldn't be signing any deal that day because I hadn't decided if I was getting the G37 and I still had to test drive an Acura TL. He ignored what I told him and still tried to pull those high pressure sales tactics on me. I kept trying to thank him and leave and he kept trying to come back with better numbers. It really got me annoyed. The deal he was putting on the table wasn't even that good compared to the other quotes I got over the phone. On top of that, the cars he had in stock that he was pushing me to buy didn't have all the options I wanted.

I agree with you that my experience should have been much better considering I was referred by the owner of Competition Infiniti. Maybe my experience wasn't good because I dealt with the sales manager as opposed to a sales person. I only stopped dealing with Competition because I felt like they wouldn't come close to the deal I was offered at Legacy since they were so much higher and didn't have a car in stock with the options I wanted and colors I liked.

I dealt with the internet sales manager at Legacy and she gave me prices quotes right over the phone. I liked that she was very straightforward. I just spoke to her about a problem with their referral website and she said she's willing to deal with customers via email as well.
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    From what I understand, the minimum lease terms change monthly per the direction of Infiniti. The dealership can charge more based on their own discretion and your credit score. For May the money factor on a G37x with 12,000 miles per year was 0.00123 (which equates to about 2.95%). One of the offers I received was a rate of 0.0017 (about 4%). When I asked the dealer about the difference, he simply stated that he needed to make some money off of deal because I negotiated such a low sales price for the car. So Infiniti sets the minimum (best) rates, and the dealers and your credit score influence the final rate. I was able to get 0.00123 and a 57% residual on my final purchase after shopping around to several different dealers.
    Well, so far I've gotten 2 different money factors and residuals from 2 different dealers. They are .00266 and 60%, and .00235 and 57%, respectively. I'm waiting for responses from other dealerships.
    The one with the higher residual must be from a bank, not IFS. Did you ask if they're both from IFS? Keep in mind that banks are must stricter about the condition of the car at the end of the lease than IFS. IFS just recently introduced a disposition fee at the end of the lease. They used to not have one and that was one of the benefits of leasing through IFS but now that's no longer the case.

The good thing about leasing through a bank is that the dealer can apply the $2000 marketing cash to the deal since they're actually selling the car to the bank who's leasing it to you. When you lease through IFS, you can't get the $2000 marketing cash, only the $1000 loyalty credit.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I think the one with the lower residual would be from a bank. Banks tend to set their residuals a little more realistically then the manufacturer. Thats the main reason the captive leasing in almost all cases is the better deal.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    If you're looking at a base or journey model G37 , then maybe I could see the residual being 60% from IFS but if it's a G37x then the residual of 57% sounds about right. I prefer to lease from the captive leasing companies like IFS because they're not super strict with the condition of the car at the end of the lease and also because they didn't used to have a disposition fee. Now that IFS has a disposition fee, in the future I might have to re-evaluate my preference because being able to apply the $2000 marketing cash when you lease from a bank might make a bank lease a better deal. The only problem is that every dealership will have it's own deals with banks so one dealer might give the best price but another dealer might have better leasing terms with a bank.
    Remember too that IFS forgives $500 in damage and excess mileage if you lease another Infiniti when you return your car.

You can get your own lease financing as well, that way you don' t have to worry that the dealer is not working in your best interest when arranging the financing just to get a larger back end.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Yes I know about the $500 damage waiver from IFS and I needed it when I turned in my leased Infiniti M45 Sport and leased the G37xS sedan. The lease return inspector charged me $140 per wheel for curb rash on all 4 wheels. 2 of them were bad but the other 2 weren't. I was really surprised they hit me for that stuff. The strange thing was they didn't charge me for a deep scrape on the corner of my rear bumper. That really surprised me.
    I think everyone, including me, that has posted the results of their turn-in inspection has been dinged for scratched wheels. It must be something that they tell the inspectors to key on.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Sam,
    I think it might be tough to compare our two deals since they are slightly different. First, they are different lengths 36 vs 39 mos. which affects both the money factor and the residual. As far as the G37xS, I couldn't find lease terms for the "S" version of the G37x. It looks like the Sport models have slightly higher residuals than the x, do you know what the money factor and residuals were for your deal? I was able to get the Infiniti published rate for the G37x sedan which was .00123 and a 57% residual. I thought the residual should have been 56% for 12,000 miles, but the dealer offered 57% and I didn't question it. I did include my first payment at signing as well as some other fees. I put a total of $1500 down including the first payment and all the fees, that equates to about $1200 for you based on the loyalty credit added to the $700 you put down. So similiar deals, but different. Thanks for responding.
    Richard,

You're welcome. I think you misunderstood me. The G37xS is just a G37x with a sports package option so the G37x leasing terms apply to it. I should have simply said G37x but I'm posting on the Infiniti G sedan forums on other websites so I'm used to writing G37xS. In April the 39 month money factor was .00185 and residual was 58% for 10K miles per year. 12k miles per year would have reduced the residual to 57%. My payment would have been about $10 more per month with the 57% residual.

When in comes to comparing 36 and 39 month leases, if you had taken the MSRP, cap cost, fees etc that were in your 36 month lease and recalculated your lease payment using 39 month May leasing terms (money factor and residual), you would have found that the lower payment would be on the 39 month lease. The salesperson should have told you that.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ric14. Infiniti has not officially announced its lease program on the G37 Convertible. I don't know exactly what it will be like when it is officially announced, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that it won't be great. Manufacturers like to ride new models for as long as they can without any support. It is unlikely that Infiniti will provide lease support or loyalty cash on the G37 Convertible when it is launched.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello richardnva. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 G37 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 58%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher.

The 36 month, 12k numbers for an '09 G37 Sedan AWD are .00123 and 57%. Again the 10k resid is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • spngewrthyspngewrthy Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Do you know the current money factor/residual % on a G37 Coupe Journey for 15k miles on a 36-39 month lease?

TIA
  • zzhhzzhh Member Posts: 18
    G37x AWD with wood trim ..15000 miles 39 month lease...only first month + bank fee + DMV etc... total down at signing ~ $1300 for 506 month..? I think this was a good deal... please let me know... the MSRP was 38875.

Thanks
    Without the selling price one can not tell if it was a good deal or not.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    G37x AWD with wood trim ..I think the cash selling price was around 36700. This was in NY where the tax is about 8.5%... 15000 miles 39 month lease...only first month + bank fee + DMV etc... total down at signing ~ $1300 for 506 month..? I think this was a good deal... please let me know... the MSRP was 38875.
  • anjony1anjony1 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Mr Carman,

Can you please provide or confirm the rates below for a 39 month lease for June? Is this a good deal? Thnx

G37 COUPE AWD Prem Package
    MSRP: 42,575
    Sell Price: 38,702
    MF: .002350
    Residual: 60%
    39 Months @ $462 (tax is prepaid at inception)
    Due at inception: $2600 (bank fee, first pmt, TTL and Tax)

G37 SEDAN AWD Prem Pack
    MSRP: 39,175
    Sell Price: 35,672
    MF: .001410
    Residual: 57%
    39 Months @ $416 (tax is prepaid at inception)
    Due at inception: $2600 (bank fee, first pmt, TTL and Tax)
  • forthillforthill Member Posts: 34
    How many miles anjony1??
    Also, your 'due at inception' includes your monthly tax for 39 months?
  • mnomno Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone.

Im looking into leasing a 09 G37 Sedan Journey with Prem n Navi. So far I have this deal and was wondering what the monthly with be.

Vehicle Price: $39,425.00
    Discount: -$5,141.33
    Selling Price: $34,283.67

I want 10k miles a year and 1000 drive off for 39months.

Appreciate all the help.
  • jdg1jdg1 Member Posts: 7
    ad in local newspaper for 2009 G37X AWD sedan w/prem pkg --

$399.00 mo. (plus tax) / 39 mo. / 10k miles

due at signing - $295 admin fee, $595 bank fee + first payment + TTL

this model includes bose sound system, bluetooth, ipod, sunroof, intelligent key.

This deal is assuming you have an Infiniti already, there is a $1000 loyalty bonus worked in to the deal. Seems like a pretty good deal, I don't have the mf, msrp, or selling price yet.

any thoughts?
    Hey jdg1 can I ask what dealer has that ad because that looks like a pretty intersting deal.
    Forthill,

It is for 10k miles. Due at inception includes tax. In NJ, we prepay the tax (instead of charged monthly) or I could roll it in the cap cost. I prefer to pay it up front since it will accrue interest if I roll it in.
    jdg1

I have seen somewhat the same ad here in NJ. But it also had a cap cost reduction of 2499 I think. Plus some other loyalty with dealer of $1500. So it becomes expensive right away.
    G37x AWD with wood trim ..I think the cash selling price was around 36700. This was in NY where the tax is about 8.5%... 15000 miles 39 month lease...only first month + bank fee + DMV etc... total down at signing ~ $1300 for 506 month..? I think this was a good deal... please let me know... the MSRP was 38875.
  • jdg1jdg1 Member Posts: 7
    this ad said $0 down then in small print had the bank fee, admin fee and it said that it included the loyalty discount of $1000.00. Didn't say anything about cap cost reduction...

the only thing that would be added to the $399.00 payment would be taxes I believe.
  • infiniti_101infiniti_101 Member Posts: 1
    Hello zzhh, That seems like a really good deal. But it doesn't matter what we think. If it works for you and you're happy is all that counts. Some people may pay less and some may pay more. The bottom line is, are you happy with your deal. Remember, dealerships/sales people are supposed to make a profit. If not Infiniti will be in the same situation as GM, Chrysler. Enjoy your new Inifniti :)
    Ok this is one of the offers I got from a dealer around me in SoCal. Let me know what you guys think and if I should jump on it. Also do you guys thing getting the AWD Sedan with Prem Navi would have a major difference in price?

2009 G37 SEDAN JOURNEY 4DR AUTO
    BLACK OBSIDIAN, GRAPHITE
    NAV
    PRM

MSRP - $39,405.00

Leasing:

39 month program, $1,300.00 Drive off, 10k miles, $431.95+tax
    Infiniti is currently offering a reward to current Infiniti owners if they get someone to buy a new Infiniti.

I just purchased a new G37 and am looking for a current Infiniti owner that has a referral redemption code. If you have one, please email me

More detail at

http://infinitiusa.com/rewards

Infiniti will send you a $150.00 owner recommendation rewards card (American Express)

Please send me an email to tiffandrichyahoo.com
    the following info:

Owner redemption code (located on the offer card you received in the mail)
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks!
  • mman710mman710 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all. I am currently leasing a 2006 G35x that is due back in early December. Unfortunately, I am only about 1000 miles from the mileage allotted in my lease. Obviously, if I keep the car until December, I am going to probably go over the mileage by a fairly sizeable margin. At 20 cents a mile, it'll probably end up costing me somewhere between 500-1000 dollars.

In your experience, will dealers ever take back a car toward the end of a lease before the lease has expired if you are willing to get a new car? I am not 100% sure I would get another Infiniti, but I have liked the car a lot and I will definitely consider another one. I turned in a Nissan early to get this car, so I figure it might be possible...

Would they cut such a deal before the lease expires? I have 5 months left, which is a fairly long time...
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    I'm not sure about Infiniti, but with Honda (I have a current Accord on lease, scheduled to end in September), I recently received a letter saying I could purchase or lease a new Honda or Acura prior to the end of the lease and they would essentially cancel the rest of it. Too bad I'm not terribly interested in the TL...

You may need to wait a couple of months before it's possible, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to call and ask a dealer (or the leasing/finance center directly).
    Its not up to the dealer, they are not the one leasing you the car. Its up to Infiniti finance. I have heard that from time to time they run promotions to waive the last few months of a lease to get you into a new lease. But there has not been such a promotion for a while

You can always turn a leased car in early, just like a car you are buying. They take the payoff value from Infiniti and then market value and you pay the difference if upside down (in most cases) or you can use the excess value in the new car deal. That is what you did with your Nissan.

With regards to excess mileage charges. At the end of the lease if you lease another Infiniti they will waive $500 in excess mileage charges and or damages. Something to keep in mind.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Hi Carman

Can you please provide the residual value and MF for a G37 sedan and coupe? Also I believe there are different rates and residuals for 36 or 39 month leases. I would appreciate your response as I am getting close to the deal and would like to know if their rate is inline with the published rates.

Thanks
    I found this by googling.

2009 Infiniti G37 Base Sedan – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00127 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00165 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00201 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37 Journey Sedan – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00127 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00165 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00201 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37 Sport Sedan – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00127 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00165 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00201 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37X Sedan – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00123 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00157 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00202 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37 Base Coupe – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00241 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate

2009 Infiniti G37X Coupe – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00236 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00232 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00238 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 1% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 2% for 10k mi/yr on all terms
    Should give credit where credit is due. The lease rates were copied from Leasecompare.com
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • sarmssarms Member Posts: 8
    I was wondering if Infiniti will allow me to extend my lease on a month to month basis? I have some minor dings and dents that need to be fixed that I can't really afford. Also, how strict are they when you turn your vehicle in as far as repairs and wear and tear, is it best to get it fixed first or just turn it in and see what happens? Thanks in advance!
  • jebelljebell Member Posts: 54
    Most finace companys will allow a month-to-month extension for a limited time, lexus is six moths. Usually it is better to fix dents and dings at a place other than the dealer.
  • sarmssarms Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply!
  • mingo2mingo2 Member Posts: 3
    For those who want to know, I was quoted 59% residual and .0029 for a lease on the new convertible yesterday.
    If you leased through Infiniti Financial Services (IFS), they will allow you to extend your lease on a month to month basis for up to 2 months. Just call them and tell them that you're not sure what you're going to do yet and you might lease another Infiniti. They will only extend it if you tell them that you might get another Infiniti.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the minor dings and dents. Wait for the pre lease return inspection before fixing anything. You can get it done with plenty of time before your lease is up to find out if you're going to need to fix anything. I went through the pre-lease return inspection on my 2006 Infiniti M45 that I turned in on April 30th. I had a ding in the door, scratches on the rear bumper and a really big gash on the corner of the rear bumper that was estimated by a body shop to cost $900 to fix (with a new bumper skin) and it didn't even show up on the pre lease return damage report. The only thing they hit me for was $130 for each of the 4 wheels for curb rash for a total of $560 + tax. Several other owners (and several salesman at Infiniti dealers) have reported that IFS is really strict about the condition of the wheels because wheel damage keeps showing up on the pre lease return inspection reports. Because I leased another Infinit, they will forgive up to $500 worth of damage to my previous Infiniti. After I got the bill which included about $47 in tax, I called to make sure that the tax difference would be credited after I applied the $500 damage credit on the $607 ($560 + tax) bill I received from IFS. It's about a $40 difference in tax between $560 and $60 so I wanted the tax credited as well. Well the customer service rep ended up waiving the entire bill. Big thumbs up to IFS for that one.

Let's say you're not going to lease another Infiniti and the pre lease return inspection reports lists the dings and dents and an amount, you can go to your body shop and see how much they'll charge to fix them. If it's less than the amount on the pre lease return inspection report, then get them fixed and have the report redone. If not, just turn the car in and pay the bill from Infiniti.

If you're considering leasing an Infiniti G37, there's $1000 lease owner loyalty cash so between the $500 credit and $1000 loyalty cash, it might worth it to lease another one. The $1000 loyalty cash is applied as a down payment (i.e. cap cost reduction) in the lease calculation. Here's a link to the incentives list from edmunds.com.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/infiniti/g37/101115176/incentives.html

It was only $500 loyalty cash when I leased my G37xS back in April.
  • bucanolebucanole Member Posts: 18
    Is it possible to get out of your existing lease early without leasing a new Infiniti, and if so what are the typical penalties if any? I am well under the allotted mileage and other than a few minor scratches the car is in great shape, I just don't plan on buying the car at the end, to many minor issues that I don't care to extend and with that being the case would like to get out now if possible.
  • fraser42fraser42 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a new 2009 G37x with navigation. After some negotiation, these are the details of a lease on the table. 39 months and 15k miles a year.

41,380 MSRP
    38,200 Selling price
    .00141 Money Factor
    55% Residual

Is this a good deal?