Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• dripdrieddripdried Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2009 G37xS demo with 5k miles.
    I've negotiated the lease on the new car from
    $42,425 to $38k and change (including loyalty $1k)
    How much can I hope to negotiate off the demo with 5k miles?
    Thanks in advance...
  • lfisher1lfisher1 Member Posts: 1
    the lender will want the balance of payments. your best bet is keeping it. You can call the lender and ask what the price is to buy it and if there is equity you can sell it and not have to pay sales tax.However, this is unlikely. another scenario is to see if the lease is assumeable and offer an incentive for someone to assume it. Just verify with the lender that your name comes off of it. You don't want any liability. preferred auto sales , costa mesa, ca.
  • autoanalyseautoanalyse Member Posts: 1
    How many months and how many miles per year?
    Which dealership gave you this quote?

I got a much worse, 6MT convertible 39mos lease based on 12k miles/yr residual is 55%, factor is .00310.

Thanks
  • djrobsddjrobsd Member Posts: 20
    My dealer called me today practically begging me to come in and talk, saying they were prepared to make their best bottom line deal for me. He said that sales are terrible this month and their inventory is high. Of course, in my eyes, he is just trying to lure me in. If you can't give me your best deal over the phone why should I spend my time going in there?

Anyway, I was just curious if his statements are true, will Infiniti be making even bigger deals in July? Would they continue the same good deals money factor and residual wise on leases, while possibly offering more cash incentives to help with the down payment? One of the other Infiniti dealers that called me said they traditionally have a huge sale in July since that is a slow month for car sales.

Just curious what everyone thinks? I have about 3k of negative equity in my trade in, and no hits trying to sell it on Craigslist, so I'm hoping Infiniti will have a killer cash incentive soon that could help me with the negative equity.
  • ajc2003ajc2003 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the leasing world and still have to understand quite a few terms. I have been browsing this forum, however, and the posts have been quite helpful. I'm now interested in leasing a 2009 G37 Journey with Premium, NAV and Sports Package. One of the dealers in the Houston area has responded to my query.

MSRP. $41630.00
    Sales price $40032.58
    Taxes $500.00 ( 1.25% administrative fee for waiver of otherwise full taxes/ good thru tomorrow )
    Licence/tittle $189.05
    Lease acquisition fee $595.00
    Money factor .00190 ( includes gap ) subject to final approval
    Residual 54%/ $22480.20 ( 15000 annual miles )
    Payment $599.01/ $783.06 due @ inception ( 1st pmt & $184.05 lic, doc )

This is for 48 months/15000 miles
    Is this a good deal or can I do better?

I really appreciate all of your help.
    That's a terrible deal. They aren't even selling the car close to invoice amount. I have a dealer here in Southern California willing to sell for $5k below MSRP.

Money factor should be a little less too, i think the dealer is marking that up, but maybe since it's 15k instead of 12k..

You should really look at 36 months anyway your payment will be much lower. You can always lease another one or buy it outright when your 36 months is up.
  • smrtshprsmrtshpr Member Posts: 4
    Anybody get the new money factors and residuals for July.
    Looking for both for G37x
    39 month
    12k/miles
    Dealers love to bump up these numbers for extra profit.
    Thanks in advance!!
    smrtshpr, my guess is the numbers haven't changed. The lease deals they are offering for July on infiniti.com are the same as they were in June...
  • lauv10lauv10 Member Posts: 1
    i want to get into a 2 yr lease on a g37s sedan manual, although i have been getting quotes of around $700 per month. Anyone else have insight or good experience on 2 yr leases on this car, also i didnt see infinitiusa offering any lease incentives for the sedan currently.
    You should not do a 3 year lease

These are the rates for a 2 or 3 year:

2009 Infiniti G37 Sport Sedan – 6/09
    24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00300 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00127 Base Rate

If you go here, you can plug the numbers in for yourself and see where it shakes out:

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

$700 still sounds a little high. But if you're putting $0 down that might be right.
  • natedog2natedog2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi:
    [djrobsd] said "there's a dealer willing to go $5000 below MSRP"
    Can you tell me where this dealer is? I'm in the LA area and ready to lease a G37
    Best offer so far is $450 below invoice and invoice is 9%below MSRP
    Email me please at Geovideo@aol.com
    Thanks
  • rickwellrickwell Member Posts: 15
    I have been offered the following LEASE information/deal for a new G37 Coupe w/Prem, Nav, Wheel Pkg & Kick Plates as follows:

MSRP = $ 43,995
    CAP COST = $ 39,969 ($40,281 listed inv)
    MF = .00176 39mt/12k
    RESIDUAL = 59%
    TOTAL OOP = $2,200.00 ($595 BANK FEE, FIRST MONTH?, TT&T & JUNK FEES)

I figure a deal at invoice should run about $1,300 total OOP using their July numbers. This should yield a payment of $516/mt X 38.

If anyone is able to evaluate the deal and recommend a better target, please reply.
    Metro Infiniti in Monrovia. :)
    Looks pretty good to me, they are selling it below invoice and they are giving you a good payment. The advertised deal for $379 a month is this. You're only about $140 over their advertised deal and you are putting $2000 less down and your MSRP is $6000 higher so I'd say you are right in the ballpark!

$3,999 INITIAL PAYMENT REQUIRED AT CONSUMMATION. (INCLUDES $3,620 CONSUMER DOWN PAYMENT, $379 FIRST MONTH PAYMENT). 2009 G Sedan RWD Journey w/Premium Package subject to availability to well qualified customers who lease through Nissan-Infiniti LT. Subject to Credit Approval. MSRP $37,065 incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,497 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Retailer contribution may affect actual price set by Retailer. Monthly payments total $14,781.00. At lease end, purchase for $20,756.40, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.20 per mile for mileage over 10,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition Fee due at termination of lease. See participating Retailer for details. Offer ends 08/03/2009. Supplies of vehicle may be limited in some regional areas. Retailer inventory varies. IFS reserves the right to make changes to any offer or product-specific feature at any time. Please refer to your IFS Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement or Retail Installment Contract for complete details.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi spngewrthy. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Coupe Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mno. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations. if you were to lease a 2009 G37 Sedan 2WD that has an MSRP of $39,425 and a selling price of $34,284 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $377.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello anjony1. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 base G37 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00146 and 56%.

Infiniti Financial Services' factor and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2009 base G37 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    HI bucanole. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smrtshpr. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 G37X Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • rogerthat_101rogerthat_101 Member Posts: 17
    Anyone know the residual & mf for the g37xsport sedan, w/premium nav tech package? what is the best deal in Ny w/zero down for apprx 15k miles/ 39 months. Anyone here lease one of these cars IN NY recently?
  • rickwellrickwell Member Posts: 15
    Can you confirm the MF & residuals for a 2009 Coupe Journey w/36/12k & 39/12. Shouldn't the 60% residual for 15k be higher for a 12k lease?
  • dpriwindpriwin Member Posts: 12
    Car-Man,
    Over the years you have helped me make some incredible lease decisions. Hopefully, you can help again, although I may be in a difficult spot.

I have placed a deposit on a brand new G37 Convertible, white, premium package, wood trim, NO nav. The price is about 48.9K.

Do you have money factor and residuals for this car? The dealer is quoting an astronomical .00385 for 36 months with a 57% residual, and even higher (.004) for 48 months with a 44% residual. This is a hot new issue car, so it may be that there is no incentive on Infiniti's part to offer a good lease deal.

Once again, thanks for all the help. I am looking forward to your response.
    Daniel
    Wow, that's 9.24% APR. That's a terrible rate on the lease, you would be better off getting a loan from a credit union and buying the car, but I guess it all has to do with your monthly payment comfort level. It always costs a lot to be the first guy on the block huh?
  • nuclear360nuclear360 Member Posts: 5
    The Edmunds.com site indicates a $2500 marketing support on the G37 sedans.Does anyone know if this support is only available if you finance the purchase or is it also available if you lease the car? Does this support mean that you could negotiate the $2500 off of the price ?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    This question has been asked & answered dozens of times. The $2500 is NOT available with special finance rates or with a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mingo2mingo2 Member Posts: 3
    Dpriwin,
    The first day the convertible was available, I was quoted a .0029 money factor at 59% residual. My local dealership still sits on two convertible that are not selling at MSRP. I have been called three times to buy one of them. I am waiting for a red/charcoal convertible in September. Good luck on your purchase.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    If this is the case...somebody can possibly do a lease deal with another bank. The bank is buying the car they get the 2500 support and you get a sharp lease. I know for tpop tier credit US bank does leases. I know some of the car brokers use them.

Rob
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I never get involved with any ("hot) car which is relative in this economic environment. With those numbers, they do not want to lease the car. It only makes sense to wait or buy it. Often a new body style or design, the auto company lets the first adopters or entusiats pay the max for the car. When they want to move some units they offer incentives.

Rob
    I have checked this out as well. The captive lease rates are always so much better then a third party it never seem to be a better deal even figuring in the $2500 I just did a quick estimate at leasecompare.com and even taking into consideration the $2500 the payment is still about $50 more a month.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • bl13bl13 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if this is a decent lease price?

09 G37 Coupe 6MT with Premium and Navigation Packages
    MSRP 44,180
    Vehicle Price 42,000
    20,000 mile/year lease
    39 months
    $3500 down
    $565/month
    I have confirmed that there is $1000 lease loyalty cash on the sedan at this time, at least here in Phoenix.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • gojayhawksgojayhawks Member Posts: 14
    I'm coming up on the end of my lease on an Infiniti and looking for the going rate on 2009 G37x with the following options:

Premium
    Nav
    Tech
    Tint
    Term: 24 month
    Miles: 12K Miles

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • bschurrbschurr Member Posts: 3
    In NJ, I am being offered the following details on a G37 Conv Sport 6M
    36 mo
    12k/yr
    58% residual
    .00265 MF
    $51,015 MSRP
    $49k purchase

I am about to pull the trigger - anyone have any better info, figures or ammo that I can use to sweeten the deal?
    Thanks in advance
  • rogerthat_101rogerthat_101 Member Posts: 17
    Got some lease lease # put down a deposit, let me know if this is good
    39 mths 12kmiles
    G37xsport sedan
    Premium, Nav, Midnight grill, illuminated kick plates, aero dynamic
    monthly $620.00 taxes and fees rolled in.
    out of pocket $640.00
    let me know if I can do better.
    mf- 000141
    res- 56%
  • skydivernickskydivernick Member Posts: 2
    How does this deal look?

G37X Coupe
    Premium
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Mat
    Cargo Net

39/12K 540/month

1747 out the door consisting of:

540 first payment
    595 bank fee
    220 motor vehicle fees
    259 doc fee
    137.31 taxes?

This includes Infiniti eating my last lease payment and $1000 loyalty.

Can I do better? Where is there room to wiggle?
  • dalntgeniusdalntgenius Member Posts: 11
    Is it better to go with the deals offered on LeaseCompare or would I be better off working with Infiniti Financing?
    Right now Infiniti Financing will give you a much better deal. I have the feeling that the bank at leasecompare is US Bank, and after this weekend I will never use US Bank for a thing.

Last month I called for my payoff and a dealer payoff for my wife's IS250. My payoff was 22,555 and the dealer payoff was 20,920. This month I called to get the same payoffs When I called I had to be transferred to a new department since the lease was within 12 months of maturity. They told me my payoff was 22,159 which makes since since I had made a payment since. I asked for the dealer payoff and they refused since I was not a dealer. When I went to lease a new G this weekend the salesman called with me right there and the payoff had gone from 20,920 to 21,311. It had gone up $391 while my payoff when down $396. Tell me how that logic works US Bank?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mingo2mingo2 Member Posts: 3
    Infiniti will let you out of your lease three months early on the lease or purchase new Infiniti. I plan on trading in my M35 for a G37 Convertible the first day of my eligibility on August 1st.
  • rajeerajee Member Posts: 29
    Where are you getting this deal?!?!

I'm struggling to get the price down to 51,000 (MSRP $51715) for a Conv (Auto) with Prem, Nav, and Tech ... 15K miles/yr

That's after I was able to cash in on promised discount from the prior manager because there was an issue with the end of my last lease in mid-'08.
  • kad153kad153 Member Posts: 22
    My BMW comes off lease in September, and I've been looking at the G37x Sedan. Seems like residuals and MFs are pretty decent right now, however there are almost no incentives I'm aware of for leasing an infinity if you are not a current owner. Should I wait until August or September to pull the trigger (are there typically good incentives offered when the next year cars are coming out in a month or so), or will the residuals go down / MFs go up and deals will not be as good? I know we can't see the future, but what do people think based on either the past or what they know of current G37 inventory levels, etc?
    I doubt they will change much, UNLESS Infiniti is making dramatic changes to the 2010 models, then they will be begging people to take the 09's off dealers hands. The lack of incentives is what led me to end up buying a used Lexus IS 350 instead of the Infiniti G37. I drove off for $500 bucks and am paying $470 a month, at Infiniti they wanted me to come up with $2500 to get my monthly payment down to $500 with tax. :) And that was shopping around for the best deal too. Love the IS! :)
    You were getting some bad quotes from Infiniti dealers.

I leased a G37 sedan with premium package for my wife this past weekend to replace her IS250 because I hated the car, and she liked the power of my G35. I got the car for $496 a month with only first months down. That included rolling $311 negative equity from IS, $600 tags, $349 doc and $595 bank fee into the lease. I did get the $1000 lease loyalty, but if I hadn't the payment without the negative equity would have been $517 including 8% sales tax.

If I would have put your quoted $2500 down the payment would have been around $450 including tax.

FYI I paid invoice for the car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Here you go, rogerthat. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 G37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rickwell. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value foro a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37 Coupe Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00176 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back Daniel. Not surprisingly Infiniti is not currently providing any lease support on the all-new G37 Convertible. Having said that, its lease program is still A LOT better than the absurd one that the dealer quoted you. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 G37 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00280 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for a 36 month lease of this car are .00265 and 57%.

My advice is to find a different, more reasonable dealer or to wait until dealers are being a little more reasonable with their demand for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nuclear360. The $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on '09 G37 Sedans in July is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gojayhawks. You really shouldn't lease an Infiniti for only 2 years. It pulled the plug on its support for 24 month leases a while ago. As a result, its money factors for that term are nearly double its 36 month factors. A 3 year lease of this car makes much more sense.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. So talking with my local dealer 39 months is still the sweet spot. So, going with the same car for 39 months what do you think I should pay? I need to make a move by the end of the month. Thanks in advance for the help.

2009 G37x
    Premium
    Nav
    Tech
    Tint
    Term: 39 month
    Miles: 12K Miles
    Use any lease calculator online (I like the one at leaseguide.com) Plug in the MSRP, use a selling price of invoice, $1000 under invoice if you are a current Infiniti customer, money factor of .00141, residual of 56% and you can calculate your own payment.

It is to your benefit to know how to do this. I wound up doing it this past weekend when I made my deal when asked to sign a lease deal for $520. I knew that was the wrong payment and showed the salesman on his own computer the proper payment of $496 on the lease calculator at leaseguide.com. They "found their error" after some time. Would I be paying $520 or $496 if I was not educated, who knows, but better safe then sorry.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Thanks for the info kingpcgeek. I did use that site and pulled some number. I might have missed it, but how is yearly mileage allowance factored in (say 10K vs 12K)? Thanks in advance for the help.