Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• mjizzlesmjizzles Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, does this sound like a good deal?

I am looking to lease a 2012 G37X with premium/navigation/interior accents packages. I live in Staten Island, NY and was quoted this by a dealer in NJ.

MSRP = $42,585, Invoice =$39,353, Sale Price Lease based on = $38,753

36 months with 15,000 miles
    monthly payment = $475.43 inc tax
    Total fees out of pocket = $1,566.56 (1st month, bank fee, doc fees, dmv fees)
    Money Factor = 0.00030 and Residual = 23,847.60

39 months with 15,000 miles
    monthly payment = $460.02 inc tax
    Total fees out of pocket = $1,551.15 (1st month, bank fee, doc fees, dmv fees)
    Money Factor = 0.00041 and Residual = 23,421.75
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings rokshox71. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. This car's dealer invoice price is probably right around $38,268. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at right around $500 over invoice...which is a good deal on a lease of this car.

Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 39-month lease of this car is currently .00050. Hopefully the dealer or you missed a zero in the factor that you mentioned, because .00500 is way too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mjizzles. A selling price of below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a 2012 G37. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for dbagdadi. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 G37 Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00106 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly atxew01. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00053 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome dtp8513. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide me with this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price I can use Infiniti's actual lease program to work up a payment for you. you can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 142
    Hi Carman,
    Are you sure about those numbers on the coupe? 10k .00053 and 62% 36 months

These are the number found elsewhere for 15K

2012 INFINITI G37 COUPE JOURNEY
    36 Month Ð Residual 57% of MSRP Ð .00053 Base Rate

2012 INFINITI G37 COUPE X AWD
    36 Month Ð Residual 57% of MSRP Ð .00060 Base Rate

2012 INFINITI G37 COUPE SPORT MANUAL
    36 Month Ð Residual 56% of MSRP Ð .00053 Base Rate

which are more in line with what I'm been quoted by dealer.

However one thing that confuses me is this, do you add 2% or 3% to the residuals for 10K on an Infiniti lease?

Thanks in advance
  • eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2012
    Hi Carman,
    Do you have the numbers for 39 months 10K on a G37x Coupe?

Thanks
  • mjizzlesmjizzles Member Posts: 5
    Thanks CarMan

I picked up the car yesterday and I love it.
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    G37X Coupe w/ Premium Pkg for VA registration
    36 months / 12k yr
    MSRP: 45240
    Sale Price: 39918
    Net Cap Cost: 41068 = 39918 (sale price) + 1200 (tax) + 700 (bank fee) + tags (50) + 200 (processing fee) – 1000 (loyalty)
    Residual: 59%
    MF: .00060
    36 Payments: $439.99 (all fees rolled in)

They offered me the exact same deal for 39 months @ $429.99. Since the warranty is 4 yrs, I’m leaning towards this as registration costs are definitely less than $10×39… Do you happen to know what the change to MF will be for 39 months? I’m told Residual will drop to 58%…
  • d2g37ipld2g37ipl Member Posts: 4
    What residual percentage can I expect for a 24 and 36 month lease for a G37 IPL 6MT?

Thanks.
  • bccar911bccar911 Member Posts: 1
    Sacramento California

2012 G37 Coupe Premium and Nav Package
    List Price: $45,230
    Sale Price: $40,151

I'll be leasing. 39 months, 10k miles/year. Prob put about 1k down. Money Factor 0.00179. Depreciation is 59%. Not sure how much the payments would be.

Looking at the board in other states the sales prices are way lower.

Thanks!
  • dantartadantarta Member Posts: 1
    Planning to lease next week in Dallas, TX
    - MSRP is 45,095
    - invoice is 41,552

Targeting following lease:
    - 41,200 as sales price
    - lease for 39 months
    - 10,000 miles/year
    - zero down (excluding TTL)

What is the residual value and money factor for this model in April?

Thanks!
  • madison4madison4 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I lost my 01 Acura TL to a texting driver. Settled with the insurance company, and have identified a G37x with the Sport package or a G37 IPL.

I have good credit, and also own an older truck as a second vehicle. Since the accident in January, I was laid off. So not having a current salary can be an issue with a lease or financed purchase. My solution is to either pay cash, and likely by a used G37. Or, could I prepay the lease in full at signing to negate any issue with my current unemployment ? Based on the factors shown on this forum, I could prepay a lease for about 1/2 of what I would pay in cash for a used G37.

Any advice on how to negotiate a prepaid lease, and does this allow me to seek a lower than common money factor based on the lessened risk with prepayment ?
  • johnwang2010johnwang2010 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man:
    what is the residual for G37 and G37X sedan for 10,000 and 12,000 miles for 36 month?
    Wow sorry to hear about your accident madison4. That stinks.

Many banks allow lessees to pre-pay for their entire lease in advance. Pre-paid leases are not interest-free, but they do provide lessees with a discount on the interest rate that is charged on their vehicle. I don't know exactly how much of a discount in the money factor IFS provides on pre-paid leases though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello johnwang2010. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37 Sedan Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 G37X Sedan are .00030 and 57%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cloud51620cloud51620 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I just have a quick question and to see if anyone has a good way to solve this legal issue.

I went into a dealership and leased a g37 coupe, the deal was for 12k, but the lease contract said it's for 10k only, but i didn't look at it ( i know, it's my fault) until i got the payment in mail and it stated that the lease was for 10k not 12k. So i called back and talked to the sale person and he was nice enough and said 12k was the deal in his notes and that the financial guy screwed up but unfortunately there is nothing he can do. He said he will put a note in the system stating that our car is actually 12k instead of 10k so when we return the car in 3 years, we won't have to pay for the extra 6k we drive. He couldn't give me that in paper though, and he said he couldn't redo the lease

my question is, is there a way that i can get something like this in writing or have they re do the lease?

i know it's my fault not reading it clearly when signing contract, but i thought the finance guy needs to go over everything on the lease when we sign it, and obviously we would catch this mistake if he actually go over one by one

any suggestion?
    thank you
    Sorry to hear about this situation, cloud51620. Unfortunately, if your contract states 10,000 miles per year I find it very, very unlikely that a note in the dealership's computer is going to protect you from having to pay an excess mileage penalty if you actually drive 12,000 miles per year.

I think that your only option at this point would be to elevate this issue to a manager at the dealership, not just the salesperson. They might be able to at least provide you with some free service or something for your trouble. They probably will not be able to unwind your deal or change your mileage allowance though.

Car_man
    Host
  • warz00warz00 Member Posts: 34
    Car Man - Do you have May MF/Resid for 2012 G37X Sedean with 12k miles? Thx!
  • sopiercesopierce Member Posts: 3
    In talks with a dealer on a 2012 G37 Journey, Blue Slate/Stone.
    Nav, Premium Package, and Interior Accents.
    MSRP - 42,435
    Price - 39,122
    10k miles / 39 months
    Residual is 57%
    MF 0.00017

$422.52 + tax a month with only first month's payment due at signing.

How does this deal sound? Does anyone know the incentives they're running right now? Last I saw was that there was $3,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive on the g37, with that being said I feel like sales price is still high.

Also, I'm a new graduate (within the last 2 years) and would qualify for their graduate program. Does anyone know what all this would include on a lease, their website is very vague about this incentive.
  • aninfiniti2012aninfiniti2012 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man - could you please post the May lease rates on a 2012 G37x Sedan with 15K miles / year on a 36 month lease? Thanks!
    Here you go warz00. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37X Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sopierce. the money factor that you were quoted is right on the, well money. That's a good thing.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good as well. The $3,000 dealer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with the G37's lease program. There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas that is however.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for aninfiniti2012. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37x Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • aninfiniti2012aninfiniti2012 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info and quick reply Car_man!
  • buckeye377buckeye377 Member Posts: 2
    i recently leased a G37X $46755 sticker price. 39 month lease with 15000 miles. i put a total of $2500 down that included first month payment along with a $500 dealer rebate. my residual is $26182. i was wondering if i got a good deal on this car
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hard to tell without either the selling price and/or the monthly payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're very welcome aninfiniti2012.

Car_man
    Host
  • boomer775boomer775 Member Posts: 16
    Car Man,

Need your opinion on this offer from the dealer, as the numbers he gave me don't add up.

G37X with Premium, Sport, Nav & floor mats
    12K miles
    Selling Price - 40,581
    Sticker - 44,545
    Residual - 56%
    MF - .0008 - this seems to be higher than what you have quoted above. I am in NY (11725) - not sure if it makes that much of a difference though
    Due at signing - 1,297
    Monthly Payment - $439/mos - taxes included
    I am getting the full 1000 loyalty cash

Based on the formula to calculate a lease payment, I don't know how he is getting to this number. It's actually less than what I am paying now on a 2009 with all the same packages except the Nav, and I actually put down slightly more up front...

It looks like a good deal on the surface, but something just doesn't add up in my opinion... Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
  • buckeye377buckeye377 Member Posts: 2
    sorry my monthly payment is $515
  • sopiercesopierce Member Posts: 3
    So I wrote before, but thought I would give an update. Here is the finalized deal for a 2012 g37 sedan journey, with premium, nav, interior accents, and illuminated kick plates:

39 Month Lease
    MSRP $42,655
    Sales price: $38,000
    12k miles a year residual 56%
    MF 0.00017
    Total money due at signing $400.
    $375 a month + tax.
  • malkasgambitmalkasgambit Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Was doing thinking about the whole leasing vs buying question of eternity - hoping you guys can correct me if I'm wrong here:

Let's say I buy this used 2011 with 20k miles for $35k. http://clearbook.truecar.com/used-infiniti-prices/g37-coupe-pricing/2011#show/72- - - - z0-x9ja7g/90025/20000/good/4ymj30/3b365u/o42yfr/t_curve (After 10% sales tax I end up paying 38,500. Ill put $10k down and take $28.5k loan at 3.5% over 60 months.)

Next, lets say I drive it for 3 years @10kmiles/yr and then sell for $25k which is the truecar determined value: http://clearbook.truecar.com/used-infiniti-prices/g37-coupe-pricing/2008#show/69- - - - 6x-x7qze5/90025/50000/good/4ymfmy/3b32xa/o1n5d0h_1n5d1a/t_curve

Therefore, to determine how much I've lost, it would be (38.5k + 2.5k (the amount I'd lose due to APR over 3 years on loan)) - 25k which is $16k in loss.

The lease deal I was offered on G37 sport fully-equipped is $2k drive-off and $400/mo including all fees/taxes...e.g. $16.4k over 3 years, pretty close to the amount I'd lose in a buy, except I get a new car and don't have to spend time finding the right used car/selling in 3 yrs.

Unless there's something I'm not thinking about, seems pretty close decision either way.
  • james9487james9487 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2012
    The lease option would probably also include costs like a disposition fee at lease end if you don't buy it (or a purchase fee if you do) of 395(?). Plus they'll make you buy new tires, I'd bet, even if they still have some life in them.

But like you said, a lease is nice/convenient because it's a new car and you don't have to worry about selling it at the end of the term. And I'm not familiar with inifiniti's lease coverage, but I'm thinking most or all maintenance is included. And what you could resell the used car for in three years is obviously a rough estimate; I'd think it could be +/- 1500 depending on the market at the time.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    There are certain minimums tire depths that are required for lease return. Chances are before 36,000 miles you have already had to buy new tires for your car (I've had to) so the need to buy new tires at lease turn in shouldn't be a concern

Zero maintenance is covered by an Infiniti lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

I too am in the market for a similar vehicle....possible with the tech package as well. I am on Long Island too. Were you happy with the salesman and the dealership? would you share the name of the dealership and salesperson please?
  • boomer775boomer775 Member Posts: 16
    I am working with competition infiniti out in Smithtown, but I am not happy with the experience to this point. This is potentially my 3rd car from them, and I am getting the typical sales bs that I would expect out of a chevy dealer. The #'s I posted earlier aren't that good, actually, even on a 39 month lease. Just keep in mind that I am eligible for 1000 in loyalty cash on top of the current 1500 lease cash for May. Even w/o the loyalty cash, the leasing program on the g37x is extremely strong compared to audi, lexus, bmw, etc... .00001 MF equates to like .024% interest rate!

I am reaching out to infiniti of manhasset - they are top-rated on dealerater.com, so hopefully my experience will be better. Hope that helps
  • stevecar1stevecar1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in leasing g37 convertible. The first offer I received is $7200 out of pocket at signing $455 a month, tax is paid upfront as well as all other fees. This is a premium package car . (nav,cameraetc.) and 12,000 miles a year. Does this seem
    High for the out of pocket?
  • james9487james9487 Member Posts: 9
    Wow. 7200 out of pocket? Yes, that's way too high. If someone crashed into you a month after you drove off the lot, you lose all of that. Infiniti gets the insurance money and your contract is cancelled...but you don't get back anything you paid up front.

Conventional wisdom is to pay as little as you can up front. Unless you're putting money down as a security deposit to lower your interest rate, that's recommended from what I've been reading.
    Boomer775, the money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate for a 36-month lease of a G37 Sedan X is .00001.

Using an MSRP of $44,545, a selling price of $40,581, a money factor of .00001 and a residual value of 56%, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $435.

Car_man
    Host
  • roachforliferoachforlife Member Posts: 11
    Can I get the updated Money Factor and Residual Rates for this month

What kind of deals are people getting on these? Looking at Coupe Journey with Premium package and Nav package
    Thanks
  • lisainfranklinlisainfranklin Member Posts: 2
    Steve I want the same car.. Infinity is now offering on 2012 loaded 0 down and 579.00 a month and
    $3800.00 down.. 479.00 a month
    39 months, 12000 a year.

Just check the infinity site . This offer good through May 31, 2012
  • ncognito13ncognito13 Member Posts: 66
    here is the deal..

Cap Cost///// $42,515
    Dep 16,844.51
    Res 25,670.40
    39 pay, 12k per 444.18
    Interest on lease 438.00
    Sales tax 7.375

Deal is in NY State.....what say all of you.....yay or nay.....

Putting down ONLY the interest, DMV fees, and sales tax......
  • ca555ca555 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_Man... would you have the June MF and Residuals yet for a 2012 G Convertible with NAV and Premium packages? 39 mo/12K miles per year. Thanks!
  • nitroxdivernitroxdiver Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Good morning.

I am new to these boards as a posted, but have been relying on them for years. I am returning to live in the US from some time abroad and really want a manual transmission. I have found that it can be a challenge to locate a manual transmission G37, at least with color, etc of choice. Anyway, considering I am negotiating this over the internet, I was wonder about thoughts on the following lease offer (in the DFW area):

MSRP
    $42,455
    Tint, Pinstripe, Nitrogen (I am not even sure what this means)
    $449
    Total w/ Acc & Warr
    $42,904

Dealer Discount
    $2,656
    Total w/ Discount
    $40,248
    Sales Tax
    $503.10
    Vehicle Inventory Tax
    $0.00
    Documentary Fee
    $136.19
    Title, License, Registration Fee
    $100.75
    State Inspection Fee
    $23.75

Total w/ Tax and Fees

$41,012

Total Monthly Lease Payments for 39 months (10k miles, although I would rather 12k):

$0 down: $513

$755 down: $492

$1,255 down: $479

Any help would be appreciated as I am negotiating from outside the country!

Thanks!
  • donottrustemdonottrustem Member Posts: 9
    Car_man,

My local Infiniti dealer is giving me the run around. Could you please provide me with the June money factor and residual value on the G37x Coupe with premium package, navigation package, and sport package for 39 months at 12,000 miles per year? Thank you!
  • r_rebuffor_rebuffo Member Posts: 3
    thats really good (in my opinion). i got about 2k to put down. im looking for a g37 sedan with all the bells and whistles and this amount monthly (or less) is definitely within my price range.

any tips when walkin into dealer for them to bring the price down to about 38k? did u have any incentives? i really dont want to settle for a base model. i would definitely want one with navi, rear camera, etc.
  • r_rebuffor_rebuffo Member Posts: 3
    i am in the market for a new g37 sedan with all the bells and whistles in miami fl.

carman what are current resid and MF. are any incentives being given for the month of june??? i am planning on going to dealer today. Thanks
    Hi roachforlife. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37 Coupe Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes I do ca555. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00047 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host