Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• youngmanyoungman Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man,

I just pulled the trigger on a month-end Halloween Special and was hoping you could tell me if I got Tricked or Treated !! The deal was a lease for 39 mo/15K yr.

2006 G35x Ivory Pearl/Stone, Premium Pkg C, XM Radio, Splash Guards, Trunk Mat.
    MSRP $37,950.00
    Total Down Payment $2,000.00 (included 1st mo, tax, license, & fee's)
    Payment $402.00 mo.

In addition, for another $1,000.00 I got the miles extended to 60K.

How is the deal ?

Thx-Youngman
  • big_hambig_ham Member Posts: 6
    Hey CarMan ...

Looking for current lease offerings on the '06 G35 6MT coupes. Money factors, residuals, etc. for 24 months/10k miles. Actually, please post all current lease rates for the 6MT if you have them (all mileage/duration leases).

Looking to purchase in the next week.

Thanks.
  • trini305trini305 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to get an '06 Coupe, Automatic, w/ or without Premium. I'd like to lease the car for either 24 or 36 months with 12K miles/ year. With a $1500 Drive-off, do you think I can get a monthly payment with taxes around $400/ month. I'm in the S. Florida area. Any help wil be greatly appreciated.
  • tri3girltri3girl Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease my first car. Here are the details:
    Premium Package
    Sirius
    Splash Guards
    $33,300 msrp
    1.05 money factor
    53% residual ($18,616)
    39 month lease
    12k miles
    payment = $420.50 (with taxes)
    Help! Would love to make a decision by this weekend!
    I'm not a lease expert, and you left out your down payment from your numbers, but I have been doing a LOT of research here and other places lately and I can tell you that the money factor is great (I assume you m eant .00105 or 1.05% - either of which would be great).

If you had a shorter term lease, your residual percentage goes up and "could" lower your payment depending on how other numbers change and allow you to get out of the car sooner. Infiniti has insane 12 month lease rates right now ...

As a non expert, I believe that the shorter the lease the better. If I plan on keeping a car past 3 years, I usually purchase the vehicle. However, the length of your lease is up to you.

Overall, your monthly payment looks very good w/taxes. I think you are getting a good deal.
  • tri3girltri3girl Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info...your right I did forget the down payment - they want $3,308. I just called back and they brought the monthly payment down to $405 including tax. They might have a buyer..
    With the downpayment you specified, that first payment is right on (if it includes taxes).

If I were you, I would put a much smaller downpayment. Edmunds has a good article as to why, but it basically boils down to paying more principal up front that, if you were to total the car in a year, you would not recover that up front money.

With a $1300 downpayment and all the same numbers, you should arrive at a lease payment of ~$480 after taxes per month.

Tell him you'll come sign if he does the same payment as before with only $1300 down. That would be a great deal, I think. I'm sure he won't be able to do it, but might get close ...
  • sulimiossulimios Member Posts: 11
    Car Man:
    I wanted to get your take on this deal:

G35x w/ premium package
    msrp = $37,850
    Residual = 63% (which seemed kind of low)
    Rate = .070 (I think this translates to a .00001 money factor?!)
    15k miles
    24 mos
    $2,500 down

payment of just under $450. I can't remember what the cap cost was....somewhere around $34,600
    Is this a decent deal?
    Thanks.
  • wmojrwmojr Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I am new here-just got my coupe. I did no prior research before my lease so I am not sure if this is a good deal. I look forward to learn more about the coupe as I leased the coupe on looks alone and the test drive

Base g35 coupe-no frills

12-month lease
    12k miles
    $1,795 down
    $299-per month
    Traded in 95 nissan maxima w/230k mikes=$1k trade in + $795 down in cash.

What does the community think?
  • darthwohldarthwohl Member Posts: 10
    hi, i have the following lease quote on the table:

2006 g35x with performance pkg c.

$459 with 1218 down total for 36 mos.

what does everyone think......

thanx.....
  • paulo6paulo6 Member Posts: 94
    Not bad, but a bit high. I leased 3 weeks ago a 2006 G35 6MT sedan with Aero pkg, sunroof. 12K for 24 mos. $2000 down OTD and a $320.67/month. The car had 1000 miles on it as a demo, so I got a slightly better deal than one with no miles. But, still worth the savings.
    Hey Car_Man,

I live in Miami and I'm looking to get a 2006 G35 Coupe / Automatic / Luxury Package. The MSRP for the vehicle is $36,900 and Invoice is $33,819. With the '07 Coupes around the corner, I'm hoping to get the price down to $3000 or more below invoice. Do you think there's a chance? I'm ready to get the car at anytime. Do you know when the 2007 coupes are hitting the dealerships?

I'd like to lease the car for either 24 or 36 months/ 12K miles per year with $1500 Out the Door. What do you think the payment will be if I can get it down to $31,000 or below?

Thanks for the help Car_Man!
  • drivingmachinedrivingmachine Member Posts: 7
    Let me make this post because I think it applies to a few posts here and also shows the relevant information needed. It should be pretty accurate, but feel free to make any corrections. I have a spreadsheet and I checked it with the one at leaseguide.com.

MSRP: 37,700
    Capital Cost (price agreed to): 32,200
    Acq Fee: 550
    Net Cap Cost: 32,750
    Term: 36 months
    Res. Value: 20,735
    Money Factor: .00223 (5.35% interest)
    Sales Tax: 8%

No Down Payment - just 1st month payment, sec. deposit, and license/registration type fees due at signing.

Monthly Payment: $487.94
  • sptroutsptrout Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,
    I am interested in the current 2007 G35 rates also. Yesterday I got a quotation in writing (Houston Dealer) for a 2007 G35 with Journey & Premium Package. They quoted a money factor of .003192, 56% residual, for a 39 month lease (even though I asked for 36) with 15,000 miles. MSRP pricing. Thanks,
    I think I saw every lease rate on this board except this one: for a 2006 G35 Coupe, for 36 months.

I know the Sedan was .00087/56% with 12K, I would like to know the rate for the coupe.
  • krw65krw65 Member Posts: 1
    I dont see anyone going with the max down to get the monthly payment down, will they give better rates if done this way?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, paulo6. Congratulations on your new car. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, jryan2003. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35X with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00083 and 54%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $37,530, and a selling price of $35,500, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payments should be $499 for 24 months and $470 for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi coldclick. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey dc1026. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new ride, phantom5. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi poorprof. I personally would never pay more for a longer lease, but I like to get new vehicles every couple of years. Whichever term you choose, $200 over invoice is a good price for this car. If you haven't finalized this deal yet, you're in luck. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00064 and 55%, respectively. This money factor is so low that I don't even think that you can make seven additional security deposits on it. Each additional deposit lowers your vehicle's factor by .00010, so you probably can make six extra deposits and lower this car's factor to .00004.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new ride, clat. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Bjakey. OTD stands for "Out The Door" This term is used to describe the selling price of a vehicle. It means that the price that is mentioned includes everything that the consumer would have to pay to drive "out the door" with their new car or truck, including its selling price, tax, and any sort of fees that have to be paid. OTD prices are a good way to compare the selling prices of vehicles when comparison shopping with multiple dealers. Looking at the OTD price prevents dealers from low balling consumers with a great looking price for a vehicle and then tacking on all sorts of fees later on.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi allera. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment would be like on this car. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

If you want to lease a leftover 2006 model, I wouldn't wait much longer. Not only is the supply of '06s getting thinner, but its residual values will continue to fall as the model year progresses possibly making it more expensive to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome jkwiz. Out of the numbers that you mentioned that you are trying to get, the selling price is by far the most important one. This number will show us how much of a discount you are being given on this car and it will enable us to use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Let me know when you find out this number and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Shane. I had to delete your original post because it contained your e-mail address. If you want community members to e-mail you, make your address public in your profile and tell people to check there.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car should cost to lease. In order for me to do so though, I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. You can look up this car's MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of what selling price you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know once you have these numbers and I'll estimate what this car's monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh, imshane54, I see that you already have the information that I asked for. I should have scrolled ahead before posting. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $37,140 and a selling price of $34,650 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $453. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks very good and the payment that you were given is probably pretty close to what I came up with once tax is added in. I'd be happy to repeat this exercise for the G35 Sedan if you provide me with its MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey topgun7. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car are .00240 and 58%.

IFS' 24 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers for the 2007 G35 Sedan Sport are .00243 and 67%. Its 36 month numbers are .00234 and 57%.

Lastly, IFS' 24 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers for the 2007 G35 Sedan AWD are .00246 and 69%. Its 36 month numbers are .00245 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Happy belated Halloween, youngman. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal. Initially, your monthly payment looks good to me, but I really can't give you a detailed analysis of your deal without knowing your car's selling price. This number shouldn't be difficult for you to find out, it should be listed right on your contract. Let me know what it is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings big_ham. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00147 and 69%, respectively. This car's 12 month numbers are .00006 and 79%. Its 36 month numbers are .00175 and 60%. Its 39 month numbers are .00179 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello trini305. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome tri3girl. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but I need some additional information from you first. You never mentioned exactly what car this is, i.e. a 2006 G35 Sedan AWD, a 2007 G35 Coupe, etc... This is a very important piece of information because Infiniti's lease program for the G35 varies by trim level. It also would be very helpful if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Consumers should always find out the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease before taking delivery of it. This number will show how much of a discount they are being given. Anyhow, let me know the info that I mentioned and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sulimios. Infiniti Financial Services, current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan are .00007 and 63%, respectively. As you can see, the residual value that you were quoted is right on the money. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you would provide me with this car's selling price. This number will show us how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to use the aforementioned lease program to calculate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings darthwohl. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are. When you post them, also make sure to post this lease's mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I am sorry to say, trini305, that there is probably no chance of you getting this car for $3,000 below invoice. Infiniti is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the 2006 G35 Coupe right now, but this cash is not compatible with Infiniti's special lease program. If you were paying cash for or financing this car using Infiniti's special 1.9% to 3.95% program, you probably could get it for slightly under dealer invoice...perhaps as low as $1,000 or so below. However since this dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program, dealer invoice is probably as good as it is going to get for a lease of this car right now. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for one by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sptrout. The lease program that you were quoted for this car is not very good. Infiniti Financial Services' current 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 G35 Sedan are .00241 and 56%, respectively. You mentioned that you are interested in a 36 month lease, so here ate the numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month deal: .00240 / 58%. In order to get the lowest possible factor, consumers are required to pay a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses these money factors to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, drivingmachine. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 G35 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 59%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sptroutsptrout Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_Man, I thought we were being screwed, but it is great to have some ammunition to fight back. In our case, Infiniti is waving the security deposit since we have had several Infiniti and Nissian cars previously (we have both a G35 Coupe & a M35 Sport now). One would think that they would treat their best cusotmers better.

One other comment, all Houston Infiniti dealers include all standard service for the first 2 years, or 24,000 miles. I guess this is where they are getting the money to pay for the "free" service.
    Thanks Car_Man!

I was able to negotiate the price down of the '06 G35 Coupe (Automatic) w/ Premium Package to $33,500. The MRC on this car is $36,900. Would you be able to give me an estimate of what the monthly payments will be if I pay $1500 at inception (tax, tag, and title included) on a 12 month and 24 month lease with 12K miles per year?

Thanks!
    Thanks Carman.

I see these rates are changing slightly. IS there a site that has the updated rates, or do you have special access?

So is the 24 month rates for a G35 Sedan still .00001 and 65% for 12K miles?

Thanks.
  • peternorthpeternorth Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2006 G35x 24 months/15k..First payment was 887.96 which included tax, title, license, sec deposit etc.

Adjusted Capitalized Cost is 37,521.75. monthly payment is 537.46 which includes tax. Includes the premium package and trunk mat. Good deal or no?
  • sulimiossulimios Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Car man! The selling price, I believe was between $34,500-34,600 (I think it's at or just over invoice). The MSRP was $37,850. I put $2,500 down which covered tax, 1st payment, etc.
    With a monthly payment of $449.96 for 24 months.
    I guess I want to make sure I did ok, especially when I'm seeing posts from people getting under invoice on the selling price?! Thanks.
  • youngmanyoungman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response Car_Man. I have looked at my paperwork as you suggested and there are a few numbers that look confusing to me.

Agreed Upon Value of the Vehicle = $34,750.00
    Total Gross Capitalized Cost = $35,697.96
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost = $33,621.99
    Residual Value = $19,365.90

They rolled my $2,000 down (1st, Tax, License, etc...) and the $1,000 for the prepaid additional 11,271 miles (total lease miles allowed 60,000 over 39 mo's) into all these numbers above. Hope this helps !! Thx-Youngman
    Can someone explain to how the money factor, residual value, MSRP, Selling Price, Leasing Term, and Adjusted Capitalized Cost calculate the monthly payments of a lease? Please help someone. I'm brand new to leasing and would like to lease a '06 G35 Coupe. I can get the selling price of an '06 with the Premium Package for about $33,500 and I think the MSRP is $37,100.

I'm looking to lease one for either 24 or 39 months (12K miles/year) with $1500 Out the Door.

Please help me understand how the monthly payment is calculated.

Thanks!!!
    Hi krw65. Infiniti Financial Services' lease money factors (interest rates) are exactly the same, regardless of how much money one puts down on their lease. Consumers are free to lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment. In fact, it is in your best interest as a consumer not to make any down payment when leasing. Consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, sptrout. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, trini305. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G36 Coupe with an MSRP of $36,900 and a selling price of $33,500 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 12 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $367. This car's 24 month payment would be around $422. With these deals, at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, Mercedes-Benz Finance's $795 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, drivingmachine. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any site that provides the details of manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. Infiniti Financial Services' current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value are .00006 and 64%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with its full MSRP first. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given and it will enable me to use Infiniti's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum