Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm honored, dotmichael. There is a decent amount of cash on the '13 G37 Sedan right now. $2,000 to be exact. The $1,000 loyalty is available on top of that for a total of three grand.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for newbee007. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 G37X Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00033 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another grand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • 1sty1sty Member Posts: 1
    The current lease incentives are a bit confusing. What is out there in terms of dealer cash and customer cash is out there on G37X sedans in New Hampshire?

Is $500 over invoice a solid place to start before these other discounts?

I am looking at a 2013 G37 AWD with auto, premium package, and navigation.

The dealer said that the 1st month, docs, admin fees is $1600. With only that down they are offering $389/month for 39 months with 15K miles/year.
  • radtraxradtrax Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    Hi Carman, I'm getting ready to lease my 3rd G within the next 1-3 months. Can you please provide the lease numbers on the 2013 IPL coupe & convertible models for 24-27 months w/ 10-12K miles per year? TIA!
  • jayellebeejayellebee Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,

Thinking about leasing an Infiniti G37. My credit is excellent and I think I can get a better deal. What do you think? Also, now that the new TAVT tax (explained below) is enacted in Georgia, I can't figure the lease payment myself. Do you have any intel?

MSRP $44,190
    Discount: $4,799
    Invoice: $39,391
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Mileage Allowance: 12,000

Trade-In on VW CC Luxury with 35,100 miles: $17,000

Monthly Payment: $453.68

Money Factor: .00046
    Residual: 59%

New law in Georgia does away with birthday tax and sales and use taxes are not charged on the base monthly payment any longer. Now TAVT tax of 6.5% is collected up front on the agreed upon price less rebates and trade in value. I understand the TAVT of 6.5% is collected on the FMV or agreed-upon price less rebates and trade-in value plus lease fees and you have to pay that up front.
  • ca_1ca_1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone, I'm looking at a local dealer that has some AT 2012 sedans with S package and options listed as new for low 40k range. What numbers (money factor, residual, etc.) can I expect with top tier credit, prior lease from therm (years ago). I want to offer 8K less. We are also preapproved for a loan from the credit union. Ideally we want to lease to buy and I'm in Southern California, thank you.
  • buy_a_carbuy_a_car Member Posts: 10
    I just got this deal, is it good?.... premium, nav, splash guard, trunk mat kit, and illuminated sills

MSRP 44,960
    Selling Price: 38,200
    15K/yr - 24 month lease = $339

No money down, just the usual feels up front - tax, 1st month, doc, acquisition, gov't fees - $1784.99
  • fmlizardfmlizard Member Posts: 1
    I just got this deal...thoughts?

G37x Sedan, Premium, everything but the Nav.

10k/yr / 24 mo = $266/mo

$0 due at signing, just tax, 1st, docs, etc. of $1870
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Looks solid to me. Very good deal.......people pay more for a Honda Accord!
    Can you provide the MSRP? Do you know what the money factor and residual were?
    Thanks!!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You do realize that $0 due at signing means $0 due, not $1,870 due. What you did at signing was not pay a cap cost reduction which no one should ever pay on a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jsmithlvjsmithlv Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the leasing world and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on whether or not this is a good deal or not. It's the only dealership in Nevada so I don't have a lot of options unless I travel to California. Just wanted to see what people thought. Please let me know.

2013 G37 Sport Sedan; Upgrades include Technology Package, Premium Package, Navigation Package, and Interior Accent Package

MSRP: $47,165

Reduction Price: $43,372

Gross Capitalized Cost: $45,386 (included maint. package)

Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $44,446

Money Down: $1,500 which covered first month payment, title/registration, acquistion fee, document fee, etc.

Residual Value: $28,299

Miles: 10,000 per month

Term: 39 months

Montly Payment (including tax): $460
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Just got a G37 sedan with premium and navi package
    MSRP $42,600
    Selling price of around $37,100 or so
    $970 at signing (first month, dealer doc fee, dmv fee...)
    acquisition fee was capitalized into the lease
    10k miles/24 months
    Monthly payment of $355 (includes 9% CA tax)
    The leases offered on the 2013 G37 sedan (and coupe) are really good right now, the 2014 Q50 is coming in a few months (replacing the G37) so dealers are getting a lot of support to move the G37's off the lot.

When you say "new to leasing"......have you ever leased before? Couple things to keep in mind:
    Don't put a down payment on a lease......you can pay the "drive offs" which is usually 1st payment, tax, DOC fee, Bank Fee, etc.

Second, don't forget you are "renting" this car for 39 months.......and returning it to the dealer. If you really wanted to buy it, you would NOT lease then buy.....its a losing scenario. So......do you really need all those packages? If you cant live without them.....then go for it. When leasing, generally, you don't want a "loaded" vehicle. The "extras" don't residualize very good, that's where dealers try to steer you......cuz the payment will be higher.

Have the dealer run the numbers on the 24 month special lease, see if your payments go down (I think they will) there is more support on the 24 month lease.

Hope this helps
  • tonyrvdtonyrvd Member Posts: 5
    Hi carman,

Is a good deal?

2013 g37x with nav, sport, premium packages as well as illuminated kick plates, cargo net and mud guards.
    Msrp: 46,100
    Net cap cost: 39, 820
    24 months
    10 k miles
    71% residual
    Money factor: 00027
    Down: 2495- 495 is for a spoiler and 2 is for tax and fees or so I was told. 8.875% tax
    Monthly payment: 310

I like the msrp for the residual value but I couldn't get the msrp myself from the infi website by building the same car. Also does 2k sound right for tax and fees? What do i pay tax on, the net cap cost or just my payments? What do you think?
    edited April 2013
    I came up with $45,825 (couldnt find the cargo net) is it a trunk organizer? Who knows.......anyways:

The NET CAP COST looks great at $39,820
    71% residual would = $32,731 (on the $46,100 msrp)
    MF = .00027 (fantastic)......that's 0.65%.......almost interest free!

Now, the rear spoiler does not residualize......so you are paying $495 to use it for 2 years (you get no credit at turn in).......personally, I would skip it......its costing you $20/mo to rent that spoiler. Up to your preference.

When I run the numbers........I come up with:
    $287.70 + $25.53 tax = $313.23/mo (but I didn't have exact specifics in what was in the $2,000 you are giving dealer)

Just FYI........a $25,000 Honda Accord 4cyl would be roughly this payment for a lease. So, yes the deal looks pretty solid to me.
    Thanks lasvegasrph,

That's the part I wasn't sure about. The 2k is supposed to be the tax and bank fees etc. So does that mean that I should only be paying $287.70 since I am paying the tax up front?

Anatoly
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    I have a similar problem on a different car. The quote doesn't break out the elements in "Cap Reduction". I have told him that I'll pay specifically itemized fees upfront, but nothing for capital cost reduction. Still waiting. I just want to know exactly what I'm being charged. I just don't understand why this is so difficult to deliver.
  • davegti10davegti10 Member Posts: 1
    Just something for the community to know, when you lease an infiniti try to get a cosigner who already has an infinti that way you can get 1000$ rebate towards your monthly payments on a 24 month lease its 41$ off the lease per month which is great. I got myself a G37x back in 2012 of july for that 18 month lease paying 247$ per month for 18 months with 480$ at signing I hassled the dealers big time lol. $480 was first month payment tax on the rebate plus transfer plates. I live in NYC so that said the promotions now that are out are great as well, do not let the dealers fool you.
  • atheosatheos Member Posts: 2
    G37X with Premium , Sports , Navigation , Spoiler and few other accessories

MSRP : $46955
    Selling Price :$40650
    Residual : 70%
    MF : 0.00027
    Tax : 6.3%

$399/Month and $1000 out of pocket for a 24 month lease @ 12000 miles / year
    Hi 1sty. There is $3,500 dealer cash on the 2013 G37 Sedan on units that are paid for with cash or financed through an independent bank. If you lease, there is a $2,000 cash incentive.

Yes, I think that $500 over invoice minus any available incentives is a good selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly are a loyal G customer, radtrax. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe IPL with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 G37 Convertible IPL are .00071 and 64%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 1% higher.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Coupe, but nothing on leases of the Convertible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jayellebee. I'm not personally familiar with the tax laws in Georgia, but looking at your description it sounds like you would just multiply 6.5% times the selling price and add that to your vehicle's capitalized cost before calculating your payment if you want to roll it in or just pay that amount at signing.

You mentioned that you're trading in your CC. Make sure to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment on your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ca_1. Infiniti is not providing lease support on 2012 models any longer. If you really want to lease a G Sedan, you would be better off going with a 2013 model.

To be honest with you, incentives-wise the deals aren't that much better on the '12 Gs either. Dealers were paid our $4,000 dealer cash for any that they had left in inventory last month. There is $3,500 dealer cash on the '13 G37 Sedan right now. Unless dealers are selling '12 models for well below dealer invoice minus incentives, I personally would rather go with a '13 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • atheosatheos Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to add my question in the message....

Is this a good price for the car ?

Invoice is $43417

So $2700 less than Invoice price
  • g37leaseg37lease Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Lease - G37X MSRp $39855
    Actual $35,355
    70% residual
    .00027 factor
    payment $349
    trade in covers drive offs and $800 cap cost
    total payment $311
    12k miles per year

whatya think?
    Lease - 2013 G37X MSRP $39855
    Actual $35,355
    70% residual
    .00027 factor
    payment $349
    trade in covers drive offs and $800 cap cost
    total payment $311
    12k miles per year

whatya think?
    You will always have tax added to the monthly payment. So it will be $xxx.xx plus $xx.xx tax = $xxx.xx

The $2,000 up front "usually" covers:
    Bank Fee (IFS charges this, non-negotiable)
    Dealer DOC Fee
    1st month payment plus tax on that payment
    Some "Cap Reduction" or
    Little Down Payment

You can always do a "sign and drive" lease......rolling everything into lease. I normally do that when I lease......but $2,000 spread over 24 mo = $83.33 a month added to your payment PLUS tax.
    Sounds solid to me!
    Or you can go lease a Toyota Camry for the same payment......no brainer, get the Infiniti while they are blowing them out!
    Not sure about that bit. Why would they always add tax to the monthly payment? If I tell them I want to pay all the tax up front, that should be that.

The dealership that I am working with managed to put the wrong spoiler on the car... I wanted a wing spoiler which they apparently no longer make so they just decided to add the lip spoiler. Guess I'll take it if it's free.
  • ca_1ca_1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_man, thank you for the input. What if we were to buy? We are preapproved for the loan, the local '12 sedan comes in black on black with sport, nav, premium, mats. I just want to know what to expect as far as price. I will be dealing with a fleet manager and feel like I can get an amazing deal on the car due to the upcoming Q50 release and since there are all the 2013 Gs still around.
  • alyssa9888alyssa9888 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the lease world but am dead set on a g37. Where are you finding these incentives with 12k miles? I see tons of incentives for under 350 but only 10k miles. I need 12k.
    All of the leases I see are advertised with a $700 acquisition fee. Is this standard? Do dealers waive it?

Thanks!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    No they do not, nor do they have the option to. It is required by Infiniti Finance.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    I am interested in knowing the MF and residual on a 24 month lease with 10k miles and 12k miles for the G37 Journey Coupe. Also curious if anyone in the LA area has gotten incredible discounts off MSRP on one of these. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!
    For my lease I asked the dealer for 12k. As I understand it, the residual changes by 1 percentage point for a 12k lease, so fo mine it was 70 percent instead of 71%
  • i2idiniowi2idiniow Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    I currently have a 2010 G37 with 6 months left on 39mo lease, but received the following offer for early lease termination...is this a good offer?

2013 G37 Journey with Premium
    10k miles
    MSRP 40,845
    sale price 36,000
    Cap cost reduction 1,268.29
    Adj cap cost 34,731.71
    Residual 24,098.55
    Depreciation 10,633,16
    Rent 1,055.34

39 months @ $323.69 (includes 8% tax)

Due on delivery is $3785.63 which includes previous lease balance of $1889.44 and $1000 rebate.

Please advise. signing 2nd lease, just understanding the negotiating process of leasing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You are paying almost $1900 to get out of your currrent lease early?

I'd wait... the lease deal on the vehicle is decent, but you are paying $50/mo. more (well.. $1900 upfront, but you get the idea) because your current lease still has 6 months left..

What is your current lease payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• i2idiniowi2idiniow Member Posts: 6
    Current payment is $323 after taxes.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    You are pretty much making a double payment for the first 6 months (you are paying $1,900 to get rid of the old car and you are paying a monthly payment for the new car). Why would you want to pay all that? I wouldn't. Tell them if they want the deal they need to just buy your old car out at its current buyout amount.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    What he said... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zack82zack82 Member Posts: 42
    I am looking at either buying a used g37s (Manual) (2009 - 2011), but was curious what the monthly payment looks like on a new G37s coupe/manual. I am interested in a 3 year lease, zero capital cost reduction, 10-12k miles per year, and 3% sales tax. If anyone can give me a ball park cost, that would be wonderful. Thanks!
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    So I decided to roll the dice and wait till May, but it appears that residuals have gone up 2 points and $2,000 dealer cash on leases have disappeared. Oh well....
  • sstoykosstoyko Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    Can you please post the May residuals and MFs for a 2013 G37 Journey Coupe with Premium & Nav (Top tier). I'm interested in 24m, 36m, & 39m, and 10k, 12k, & 15k for comparison. Thanks!
  • mbac23mbac23 Member Posts: 12
    Hi carman,

I am looking to lease a 2013 G37X with premium package. I am looking to stay under the $300 a month lease payment including tax with no money down other than first month payment. Do you think this is possible if I do a 24 month lease?

Thanks!
  • radtraxradtrax Member Posts: 40
    Thank you Carman - I've been pleased with both G's sedans that I've had from this generation, and am really looking forward to how the Q lineup will evolve to include integrating the other models from the current lineup.

The valuable information you and others provide in this forum which enables customers like myself to negotiate with confidence certainly reinforces that loyalty. My current lease is actually up in October but I plan to take advantage of Infiniti's lease pull ahead program, so I will continue to check back in up until I make a purchase.

I am a bit surprised that it seems the residual value isn't as strong for the IPL as other G coupe models. If I am wrong here please correct me.

In any case, can you also please provide the May lease numbers for the same? TIA!
    Welcome alyssa9888. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello warbern. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00047 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car. There's $500 dealer cash certificates floating around out there on this model as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go sstoyko. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00047 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00055 and 55%.

If you were to lease with 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher. With 10,000/year they would be 2% higher.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mbac23. At first glance I'd say probably not, but I would be happy to work up a lease on the specific car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2013
    You're welcome radtrax. You're right, the residuals on the IPLs are definitely several points lower than they are on the Journey, Sport or AWD.

nfiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe IPL with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00015 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

this looks slightly less attractive than the program was last month. I know that the lease program on the G Sedans is worse in May by about $20 per month. that may be the case for the Coupe as well.

Car_man
    Host