Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• iajohniajohn Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Good info on these boards. Could someone confirm the November lease MF for the following 2 cars. Both would be a 39month/15k year.

2013 g37Xs AWD with nav. is the MF .00081?
    2013 Q50 AWD hybrid premium with nav. Is the MF .00104?
  • iajohniajohn Member Posts: 2
    Just saw there is a Q50 board, so just need confirmation on the rate for the G37Xs
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,185
    2013 G37X AWD Sedan 39mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00081 MF and 59% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    That's a high residual for 39 months/ 15K per year. The money factor equates to 1.94%. I'm impressed:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

The G37 has been to cheap to lease for a long time... I think that's why we have one in the garage...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Just ran the numbers through the "lease guide lease calculator" using the following:

2013 G37X w/ Premium Pkg
    MSRP: $37,555
    Selling Price: $35,024 (Invoice, sure I could do better)
    59% residual, 39 months
    $0 cap cost reduction

Monthly Payment: $376.24
    Monthly Tax (6.35%): $23.89

Total Monthly Payment: $400.13

Now how does the MSD program work? I pre tax payment gets you a reduction in MF or is it after tax payment?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

It's .0001 for each deposit, up to a maximum of 9 (.0009 total)..

My dealer said the deposit was based on the pre-discounted after-tax payment... rounded up to the next $50.. So, even though my pre-tax payment was about $357 ($378 w/tax), each MSD was $450...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• apandyapandy Member Posts: 22
    This is a great price if it is truly $0 down (means you only make 23 payments of $249+tax), but I think there might be some hidden fees here. To get this number on the base journey with MSRP of $33,655 the selling price has to be around $29600. Do you qualify for loyalty and/or VPP? Then this pricing seems fine.

In any case, I would definitely ask them the selling price and the lease variables (residual, money factor), compute the numbers on my own and check if it matches.
  • arai30arai30 Member Posts: 18
    Would you be able to provide which dealer in AZ? I am in talks with a dealer. Nowhere near these numbers.

TIA!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    edited November 2013
    Coulter in Mesa. I didn't bother with email, just went in already knowing the price I was going to pay. When they didn't agree I left. I got an email the next day from the salesman asking if there was some wiggle room. I gave them my counter offer which they accepted. I picked up the car that night.

BTW my first offer was $200 over invoice including all dealer add-ons. We agreed on the $500.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • adthebadstudadthebadstud Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    I'm in the process of securing (I pick up the car Friday) a lease for a G37x sedan with premium, navigation, illuminated kick plates, and splash guards. MSRP of $39,960 Invoice $37,097.

With hardly any negotiation, the sale price is $36,300. Rolling the Doc fee ($80), Acquisition fee ($700), and DMV Fees ($357) into the payment for a gross cap cost of $37,437. Due at signing is just the first month's payment and the California "Tire fee" of $8.75. Tax here is 8.225%

So, my payment is $374.32 plus tax of $30.79. Total of $405.11/month with $413.86 due at signing. 24 month lease, 72% residual, 0.0002 MF

And they had to locate the car from another dealer to do a trade and they are meeting me halfway to do the deal, as this dealership is about 3 hours away. I think I did pretty well.
    Aha. Looks like I am at the right place then ;)
    I hope I can pull them to your numbers...

If you also dont mind answering, is this a lease to buy you are currently planning? I am trying to understand if the 62% residual (i.e. ~28k) is a good number if I want to buy.

I am new to leasing and am reading and improving my understanding. I want to keep my option of buying at end of lease open.
    I think I got a decent deal, but I had to negotiate hard. Leased a G37 journey with premium package.

MSRP: $36,155
    Cap cost: $30,900
    MF: 0.0003
    Residual: 72%
    Terms: 24 months, 10,000 miles per year.

With two MSDs, the MF went down to 0.0001. My monthly payment is $209 + tax. Drive off was title+registration+acquisition+first month. No loyalty involved, as this is my first Infiniti.
  • chunglauchunglau Member Posts: 48
    May I ask which dealer this is?

What is the money factor and residual for the 2013 G37 Journey with premium and navigation, 24 months and 10K miles/year? Thanks!
    2013 G37 Journey 24mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00030 MF and 71% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi,
    I got a quote for 2013 G37 with Premium and Nav and illuminated kick plates and tint.
    24 month 1200 per year.

MSRP: $38175
    Cap Cost: $35470
    Taxable AMOs: $797.95 (What in the world is this?)
    Doc Fee: $499
    Acq Fee: $700
    License Fee $646 (seriously?)
    Gross Cap cost: $38112.95

Cap cost reduction: $1717.84 (I asked why this, i want to only pay all the fees upfront and was told its almost the same as the fee! )
    Sales tax @8.05% : $138.29
    1st month: $438.87
    Gov fee: $5
    Drive off: $2300.

-----------------------------
    Gross cap cost: $38112.95
    Cap cost red: $1717.84
    Residual 71%
    Rent: $457.20
    Total Base payment: $9748.06
    MF: .0003

MSDs: 9 max, brings down MF to 0 (seriously?) ( he just didnt want to talk about them)
    Bast pmt: 406.17
    Tax @8.05: $32.70
    Total per month: 438.87

I feel am being scammed. They're not really talking openly about a lot of stuff.
    apandy,
    This is a great deal. Could you share which dealer and city? The current offer I have is just hilarious.

Thanks.
    Money factor is 0.0003 and residual is 72 for 10k miles.

You can put a maximum of two MSDs on this MF (every MSD reduces MF by 0.0001, IFS won't lower the money factor below 0.0001).

Send me a message, and I can tell you the dealership.
    Send me a message, I'll share the dealership.

A few things I learned from my experience, might be useful for others:

1. Be ready to negotiate hard. Compute what is the absolute lowest price you can get on the vehicle including incentives and rebates that you are eligible for. Then start negotiating on a price lower than that. You will hear words like "I'm doing you a favor" or "I'll lose money if I give you that price". Just thank those dealerships and move on.

2. Never go to the dealership until you have a written quote. Many dealerships would tell you "when are you coming in" or "come here, pick a car and then I will give you the best price". Tell them to give you a written quote and then you'll be glad to come over.

3. Contact many many dealerships for quotes. I contacted dealers within 500 miles.

4. Be brutal - it's your money. Many dealerships would just send you quotes like "your monthly payment would be $299+tax". This is a trap. This number is based on all incentives and loyalties, most of which I was not eligible. If a dealer gives you a quote like this, tell them you want a detailed quote. ALWAYS negotiate the selling price. This is what matters.

I think I could have lowered the price by a couple hundred more, but then I would have had to travel around 5 hours to sign and pickup the car. I decided that would be tiring and not worth the $200.
  • ec1ec1 Member Posts: 74
    My understanding is they have $1,000 loyalty incentive. Your price appears to be several thousand below invoice. Are other incentives available for leasing the G37?
    Thanks for the advice. I totally see what you are saying. They're just playing with words in the dealership. Via email too they say $XXX per month + tax. No other details. They try to talk over the phone so they can fool you.
    I turn down phone conversations until i see actual numbers. But they just refrain from providing split ups of fees, etc.

I am unable to find an option to send you a private msg. Possibly cause I am a new member? Can you send me a PM if you dont mind?

TIA!
    I couldn't figure out how to send you a private message. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Earlier, kydfx said that the residual is .71, so apparently you get a better deal. There is also an acqusition fee of $700, and I believe that is not negotiable?

I found a dealer 70 miles away that roughly matches your discount from MSRP, but I am looking for one with navigation. You can only get Bluetooth audio streaming with the NAV pacakge. Trying to decide now whether to buy the car or to lease it. I do get the $1K loyalty cash if I lease.
    The acquisition fee is not negotiable.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    kingpcgeek
    can you please take a look at my older post. Coultier is marking up all the fees and charging some weird fee too.

I have a new quote from Tuscon.
    RWD Nav+Premium.

$4500 down
    Includes $1000 loyalty + $560.09 (license fee) + 327.08 (1st month) + #3337.49 (cap cost redn )

MSRP: $38,175.00
    Car cost: $36,175
    Doc Fee $389
    Acq fee: $700
    Adjusted cap cost: $33926.51
    Residual: $27104.25
    MF: .0003

Monthly: $302.57+$24.41(tax) = 327.08

The car cost is more than invoice.
    No MSDs involved.
    kyfdx, I can confirm that the residual on the 2013 G37 Journey sedan for 24 months, 10k/yr lease is 72%, not 71%.
    There's $500 lease cash if you lease with IFS. The dealer hold back is around $800. Then there is an undisclosed manufacturer-to-dealer incentive. There might be more that the dealers are not disclosing to us.
    edited November 2013
    You won't get below invoice in Phoenix. While there are four Infiniti dealerships in town, 3 of them are owned by the same company. Coulter is the only independent. Since there is only one dealer in Tucson its not going to happen there either.

Let me stress one very important thing with regards to your quote(s). Do not do a cap cost reduction, no way, no how. Take the money you would put into cap cost reduction and do MSDs instead. Coulter won't want to do it because it shows their dirty little secret of marking up the money factor. Can't mark it up if you do MSDs.

Taxable AMOs: $797.95 (What in the world is this?)
    This is dealer add-ons. Tint, wheel locks, window etching and nitrogen. Fortunately my car was a dealer trade so they had not had time to do the hideous window etching. These are negotiable.

License Fee $646 (seriously?)
    Yes that is serious and out of their control. Its taxes and registration fees to the state.

You know there is $3,250 in loyalty cash at this time for the Q50. I have owned 4 G sedans, 1 G coupe and now have a new Q50. I can tell you that the two cars are not even in the same league. The Q50 is an amazing car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I can't seem to find the message option either. Just send me a mail at edmundsg37lease at outlook dot com and I can reply back.

I saw your post earlier, I would highly recommend you not to put any money down towards cap cost reduction.
    edited November 2013
    I can't seem to find the message option either. Just send me a mail at edmundsg37lease at outlook dot com and I can reply back.

The acquisition is unfortunately not negotiable.

I was planning to get the nav package too, but honestly I couldn't justify paying around 600 bucks more for a nav. Is the dealer 70 miles away matching the discount with loyalty? If not, I think you have an amazing deal.

Since the money factor is so low, why not lease it? Your overhead would be the acquisition + loan interest; but hopefully the actual residual would be less than 72% after 2 years since the G37 is being replaced and then you can try to negotiate a lease-end purchase?
  • trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    Hello, can someone confirm what the lease rate and residual is on a 2013 G37 Coupe 6MT for 18 or 24 months with 15,000 miles a years. Also I have a current 2012 lease on a G37 sedan that ends is February am I eligible for any special incentives?

Thanks
    2013 G37 Coupe 6MT 24mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00018 MF and 64% residual

I don't have the incentive information..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great thank you!!
    Yes, they are matching that discount before considering loyalty. It is an amazing deal, now that I got quotes from other dealers that are a lot higher. I don't actually use the navigation feature much, but I really want to have BT streaming. You're right in that if the money factor is very low, then it makes sense to lease, since basically you get to use their money for almost no interest.

I have read mediocre reviews on the Q50. Any reason why that would be a better choice than the G37? I see that there are new features like blind-spot detection, etc., but you have to get the highest trim level for those.
    Sorry to bother you, but can you give me the same terms 24 months 15,000 on the Q60 Sport 6MT
    2014 Q60 Sport 6MT 24mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00023 MF and 67% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Excellent! If I were you, I would have already jumped in :-)

Regarding BT streaming, I'm wondering if a simple solution would be a combination of USB to aux and then aux to Bluetooth. You can plug that into the iPod USB slot in the G. Would cost less than $50.

I think the Q50 is a great car, but I heard too many complaints about the double touch screen being a mess. Perhaps they will fix it in the next revision. My policy is to never get the first generation of any car, they usually have many problems that gets fixed in the second iteration. That's just my opinion though. Also, I did not have loyalty, so the monthly for Q50 was too high for me.
    Hi kingpcgeek,
    Thanks for your response.
    The problem is neither dealer wants to NOT do cap cost reduction. They roll up part of fees into the cost of car and then put the money Im giving them towards cap cost reduction.
    No matter how many times I say, I will only pay the fees amount as drive off, they just say oh it adds up to the same. Coultier is adding my License fee to the cost and spreading payment over 2 years! ridiculous!

The difference in fees is considerable between the Tuscon and Coultier.
    Scottsdale asked me for a number to beat. I said Sub 300 a month. No response yet.

I feel even that is not a deal for a MSRP of $38000.

I do get the $3250 loyalty cause I own an Infiniti, but I dont want to pay as much for the Q50. I drove it and felt it was nice. But the features I want just add up to too much. Nav+premium goes north of 42k I think.
    The latest they offer from Tuscon is
    MSRP:$38,175
    Selling price: $35,470 (invoice)

money factor .0003
    Residual $27,104.25

24 month lease
    12,000miles per year
    $2,000 total down. Lease will show $3,000 total down with owner loyalty.

$332.47 payment plus tax
    $359.40 payment including tax

Again they havent sent me full split of fees. They just like to roll the money I say towards fee into cap reduction and push part of the fees into cost of car I pay monthly.

I will do MSDs for sure. Just not getting that into their equation at the beginning. Once they show me reasonable numbers I will bring up MSDs.
    I have not seen a usb to aux adaptor. For one thing you will lose the controllability of the device. One thing that bugs me about the g37 is that there is no aux input. You right that it is an amazing deal, and I should probably act on it this weekend.
    Regarding BT streaming, I'm wondering if a simple solution would be a combination of USB to aux and then aux to Bluetooth. You can plug that into the iPod USB slot in the G. Would cost less than $50.

No such device exists.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    You can definitely go below invoice on the G because there is a $500 lease cash offer available from IFS.

Also, as others suggested, do not put money down towards cap reduction. Finally, put these numbers in theautoleasecalculator.com and make sure their quote matches what you compute. Many times, they include hidden charges (for instance, they add auto armor for $300, but do not mention), etc.
    I realized that. If you are a bit tech savvy, then you can do this:

http://g37.pl/bt/
    It seems like you can add aux input if you are brave enough :-)

http://g37.pl/bt/
    Wow, not recommended on a leased car :). So you can hijack the sirius radio path if you really need AUX. I wonder if this really works for US cars, since that guy seems to be in Poland.
    Seems like it does work in the US too:

http://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/217403-non-navigation-st- reaming-audio-i-know.html

Yeah you are right, unless one is very skilled it is probably best to avoid doing this in a leased car :)
  • lcj1lcj1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

What is the 39 months and 48 months residuals and MFs for a 2013 G37 Journey Coupe (10,000 miles per year)? I know 48 months will not be attractive but I have some negative equity that I will have to carry.

Thanks in advance!
    2013 G37 Journey Coupe 39mo, 10K/yr residual
    .00059 MF and 55% residual

48 month
    .00111 MF and 47% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sent you an email, but have not heard back. Would like to have your dealer name, thanks.
    Any change in residual/ MF/ incentives for Dec.

2013 G37 Sedan. Nav+Tech.
    24 month, 12k MPY

TIA!
    2013 G37 Journey Sedan RWD 24mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00030 MF and 70% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator